Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 05-08-2010, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

I have a funny story to share this morning. First, I didn't lose anymore today, but we had a higher sodium dinner last night, so it doesn't surprise me much.

We added a huge addition onto our house and finally finished (mostly) the inside last summer and winter. Now it's time for landscaping.

I love to do it all myself and have 2 small patios that I'm working on. I'm using patio blocks from Lowes and when I was in there yesterday to get another load, was offered help about 6 times. I finally said (and this is the funny part), "no, thanks, I'll get it. It's a great workout.".

When I heard those 4 simple words come out of my mouth, I knew--just KNEW--that I've really made a life change. It's a great workout. Who'd of thought? Sure they're heavy blocks, and my back is telling me about it today, but the fact that I turned down an offer of help to move 24 of them onto a cart and then into the back of the truck...that just sort of surprised me.

So there's my latest "first".
Old 05-08-2010, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Very very nice. I wish I knew how to do all that stuff! Okay so now that you're blogging you need to add at least one full body photo from today. The only thinner one you have is a head shot, you silly woman! But even in that I can see that you're down to 1 chin, the pretty chin that is. And don't be knocking 2 pounds, it's downward progress, and an accomplishment in and of itself. If you did that every week for a year you would be 104 pounds, and almost to your goal.
You will get the full body pics today, at my son's bday party! I'll post them tonight... thanks for the encouragment, you are such an inspiration, good luck this weekend!
Old 05-08-2010, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by montanacricket
I have a funny story to share this morning. First, I didn't lose anymore today, but we had a higher sodium dinner last night, so it doesn't surprise me much.

We added a huge addition onto our house and finally finished (mostly) the inside last summer and winter. Now it's time for landscaping.

I love to do it all myself and have 2 small patios that I'm working on. I'm using patio blocks from Lowes and when I was in there yesterday to get another load, was offered help about 6 times. I finally said (and this is the funny part), "no, thanks, I'll get it. It's a great workout.".

When I heard those 4 simple words come out of my mouth, I knew--just KNEW--that I've really made a life change. It's a great workout. Who'd of thought? Sure they're heavy blocks, and my back is telling me about it today, but the fact that I turned down an offer of help to move 24 of them onto a cart and then into the back of the truck...that just sort of surprised me.

So there's my latest "first".

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Sometimes I really think that changing our bodies is the easy part.... changing our minds is something quite different. Whenever I hurt after that good workout (um, everyday that is... ) I just remember that pain is weakness leaving the body, and your body building the muscle to replace it. Great job on CHANGING YOUR MIND!
Old 05-08-2010, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by traceymc1985
Hi everyone i also just wanted to add how great every single member is on fitday! I too have some people around me who i feel just dont like me losing weight and i reckon theyd do anything to get me to put back on the 3stone ive lost rather than lose the 2 and a half i want to. Id like to add its a couple of the overweight ones and if im honest i sense it from my own mother who is not fat!! Why is it that people look at my figure when they think i dont notice?? It makes me feel really uncomfortable and all i wanna do is cover myself up so they got nothing to see. Jealousy and comments like skinny whatever and i hate you (in a laughing way) can really make me feel bad for not staying fatter then them. You see now im actually a good 2stone lighter than most of them- it feels like they want a competition while ive just got on with it and not made a big deal. Why cant people just be happy for me instead of scrutinising me everytime they see me. Yeah id be quite jealous if i had a friend losing weight and i remained overweight but id blame myself for eating badly to remain that way and be inspired to do well like them.
Sorry for going on but i just get so annoyed by them! Thankyou Fitday
I had a serious heart to heart with one of my chubbiest chums. Not about her needing to go on a diet, but why I was doing it, and why I wasn't content to live in a land of denial any longer. It took her some time, but now she's also dieting and had the shear bravery to come right out and say to me that I've inspired her to do it too. That was a good day, but we had some difficult moments before that. Someone else on this forum said to me, that some people resist change on general principal because change is scary. I've had trouble with one of my children over this, she's a saboteur, she's only 6 but one to continually put bites of chocolate into my mouth. That was a tough heart to heart as well, but I'm glad she and I had it.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-08-2010 at 04:37 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Up 2 lbs

Really felt control slipping the last couple of days, have eaten around 2000 calories a day and up 2 lbs. Had reached the 30 lb mark and went crazy I guess.
Have to really get focused again, for me it's so much a mind thing. Reading about how everyone is doing here really helps to get focused and see that it is possible.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

SkinnyErinn - Congrats on losing another 2 lbs! I'll have to check out your blog!

Speedyfair - Great resolve at work with the Mexican food. I feel so empowered by your realization about what you used to eat. Hopefully I'll get to the point that a McDonald's cheeseburger looks disgusting to me!

Montana - You know you've come a long way when you start making work and even sometimes play into a workout - kudos!

Tracey - I know what you mean about people making you feel bad for getting skinnier. When I was really thin and running 1/2 marathons about 3 years ago, my mom would always have a way of making me feel guilty for being thin. Now the shoe's on the other foot because she started her weight loss journey and I had a baby, lost my job, and used food for comfort and lost everything I had worked so hard for. Now that she's the skinny one, I'm trying really hard not to do the same thing to her, but sometimes it's hard to keep the jealousy in check.

CC1158 - I know it's hard to see those 2 pounds on the scale, but it's most likely just some water retention. I bet if you get back on the horse, they will come right off again. Don't give up!

As for me, I've had kind of a rough weekend. My husband brought home ice cream last night (and my favorite too - peanut butter and chocolate!) and I got kind of mad at him for sabotaging my efforts, but of course I had some anyway! Ugh - I just can't resist! Then today I am saving all my calories because we are having lunch at my mother-in-law's and she never fixes anything healthy. I think the menu is barbeque chicken, potato salad, cole slaw, chips, and pie - yikes! But I did step on the scale this morning and I'd lost another 2 pounds since Wednesday, so that is motivation enough to watch my portions and skip dessert!
Old 05-09-2010, 08:00 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Mothers Day....
Erin I checked out your blog...you are a beautiful woman!! Thanks for sharing your journey with us.. looking forward to reading more.
Egm,, next time your dh brings home ice cream maybe he can bring you home some frozen yogurt? something low fat..then you dont feel like you are missing out on anything. (but I hear you on the choc and pb..my favourite too and I wouldnt be able to reisist)
Cc I am also trying to stay focussed...my birthday is coming up and I dont want to set a goal, I get disappointed if I dont make it, but I do want to be in a newer decade .( and yes I realize thats a goal but not a specific weight)
Almeeker I remember you having trouble with your little dd... Im glad you had a heart to heart with her. Kids are more competant then we realize.
Montana look at you go!!! I bet those salespeople were watching you in AWE!!
Tracey I think that is just human nature...jealousy. The best thing you can do is keep going and just show them!!
Speedy that is a great NSV (non scale victory) I have never celebrated Cinco de Mayo...and not sure what its celebrated for?
The last two weeks I have been off my exercising...been doing more floor exercises but the walking has been lacking. Still going but not as many days as I would have liked. My own fault and not making excuses but I can feel it in my body..and I dont like that feeling. Back at it this week.
Dh is out of town for two weeks..feeling a little lonely and he just left. I dont want to turn to food. I did yesterday but not today..made some healthy choices. Another problem for me...and you know Im an overeater when you do this...I know hes not around so I feel like I can eat and not *sneak* food. I havnt done this in a long time.........but...........there can be times when I will eat something when I know hes not around. No he is not controlling....in fact he dosnt care what I eat..and is very supportive of me...its in my mind. Its like if he dosnt see me eating this...Im not really eating it..or it dosnt count. Such mind games. I truly believe this goes back to when I was growing up and sneaking junk food. Sorry to go on ... I just need to read this and remember I will not cheat!!!
I can do this!

have a great day everyone....waving hi to everyone passing thru!!

Im having major problems posting again....going to start a new thread
Old 05-09-2010, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hello Egm and Patti-your posts are great,full of really good advice for everyone! Egm--I agree with the frozen yoghurt instead of ice-cream,i love icecream and nowthe nice weather is showing here in dull England its hard to resist. Theres a van outside kids school everyday but the queue is a mile long so that puts me off and ive no room to freeze it-thats if it makes it that far!!!! I usually just get some ice lollies instead-not the same but at least its cold eh? Anyway enough of icecream my mouth is watering. Good luck at mum in laws-be strong and think of them pounds you got off this week!
Patti--Me too is a secret eater-its been in alot of my posts past couple of days,ive advised myself not to be downstairs so i come to my bedroom now once cleaned up and everything is organised. That way im not tempted as i wont go down just to eat! I also over-eat at mealtimes cos i like to be full,once i start i cant stop. Ive started to base 4 out of 7 meals entirely on veg then i can eat as much as i like. I always have lots of veg or salad with any meal,i prefer my plate to look full! If i overeat i just do it on the good stuff that way my appetite is happy and the scales still go down!
Old 05-09-2010, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default good weekend

had some significant stress in my life this weekend and didn't eat at all Sat - but today felt better and went to a brunch with my Mom. Had a big salad and tried to eat mostly the proteins chicken & roast beef and stayed away from the potatoes and bread. Also had a waffle bar, but I resisted. except now I'm hungry so I came here to read & post lol

egmdobbs- good luck on you Mom's day dinner as well, it's sometimes hard to incorporate holidays & such into your regular plan, but I'm sure you'll do fine.

montanacricket- here's to many more "firsts"

to those of you discussing change and people's level of support. I totally agree if they have never experienced the emotional reasons behind the weight it is hard for them to relate. this is not only about changing the body, but changing the mind. I used to eat treats in secret too, would almost go all day without eating anything bad and then go crazy at home alone. never tried to eat junk food in public.

here's to the start of another healthy week - keep positive
Old 05-09-2010, 11:52 PM
FitDay Member

Hey all,

You guys are all doing so well! I can not wait until I can say that I am losing weight as well. I have no idea what is going on since I have never in my life worked out 5 days a week minimum for min 45 minutes each day and yet I have still not lost any weight!. I am more carefull with what I am eatting and feel that jsut the big improvement of working out 5 days a week should show something since it has been since the end of February!

I am trying not to get to down and I know the wrong thing to do would be to give up but it is very frustrating since I am 250 and want to get to 140 and do not see anything happening lol.

I need nelp please anyone lol sorry to be so negative.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.