FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Fabulous 100 pound club for women... (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/729-fabulous-100-pound-club-women.html)

traceymc1985 05-10-2010 12:11 AM

Hiya christineval Firstly i just want to say dont apologise if you are feeling negative-everybody has them times. I understand it must be frustrating for you not to see a change in weight but have you taken your measurements as you will probably noticed you have lost inches even if not pounds. Also everyones metabolism is different and i usually notice that it can take time to see results after exercise but it did catch up and id get a significant loss a little time after. Dont let it affect your willpower and determination. Keep going and the changes will happen. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

christineval 05-10-2010 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by traceymc1985 (Post 10464)
Hiya christineval Firstly i just want to say dont apologise if you are feeling negative-everybody has them times. I understand it must be frustrating for you not to see a change in weight but have you taken your measurements as you will probably noticed you have lost inches even if not pounds. Also everyones metabolism is different and i usually notice that it can take time to see results after exercise but it did catch up and id get a significant loss a little time after. Dont let it affect your willpower and determination. Keep going and the changes will happen. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Hi

Thanks for your response. The sad thing is that I did take my measurements and I have only lost 1 inch since 1 year ago. That is what started my frustration lol. I keep hoping that it will just take time and then catch up with weight loss since my metabolism is probably shot. I have done all kinds of diets including bernstein.

I dont understand it since it is not like i am sitting eatting junk food all day so why is nothing happening? anyway hears to hoping

montanacricket 05-10-2010 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 10366)
I had a serious heart to heart with one of my chubbiest chums. Not about her needing to go on a diet, but why I was doing it, and why I wasn't content to live in a land of denial any longer. It took her some time, but now she's also dieting and had the shear bravery to come right out and say to me that I've inspired her to do it too. That was a good day, but we had some difficult moments before that. Someone else on this forum said to me, that some people resist change on general principal because change is scary. I've had trouble with one of my children over this, she's a saboteur, she's only 6 but one to continually put bites of chocolate into my mouth. That was a tough heart to heart as well, but I'm glad she and I had it.

For me, the idea of trying again and probably/possibly/maybe failing again is what kept me from diving in for so long. The fear of starting the change, my friends, family and co-workers eventually finding out about it and then if I stopped, it would be just another failure to add to the list.

3butterfly21 05-11-2010 11:39 AM

Hi everyone,
I'm new here. Can anyone join this thread? My name is Colleen and I weigh 267. I would like to lose 140pounds. Its a big goal but I think I can do it. I was reading some of the posts on here and I just wanted to comment on one: amylee32 I read your post about saggy skin. I am terrified of it too. But I wanted to let you know that I read a magazine article about a woman who lost over 300 pounds and only had a little saggy skin. The main tips it gave to try to avoid this problem was lots of fruits and veggies, doing yoga, moisturize your skin at least once a day, drink lots of water, and dry skin brushing helps to firm skin and get rid of toxins. Good luck
Colleen

amylee32 05-11-2010 04:31 PM

Hey Colleen, thanks for the tips! I will definately try them. I have also started the 30 Day Shred DVD...Jillian Michaels is not very nice, haha. I worry a lot about it still, but I guess if I have saggy skin and am healthy I will live with it. :) Good luck with your goal, you can do it! If you need support and encouragement, this is the place to be. These amazing girls have helped me so much in the last 7 weeks...I know I couldn't have done it without them.

I am officially down 43 pounds and so excited! I bought a pair of capris a few weeks ago that were 2 sizes down. (Still a 26, but hey, still smaller!) I was unable to wear the capris until this weekend because Mother Nature decided to dump some wonderfully frigid weather on us again. Anyway, I got to wear them Sunday and they are LOOSE! It was a Mother's Day miracle! :D

My first "big goal" was 50 pounds...I am almost there. I have been doing this for 7 weeks and honestly can't imagine my life before I started getting healthy. I have so much more energy, so much more positive energy! It really is amazing. I know I still have a lonnnnnnggggg way to go, but I am concentrating on my first big victory for now.

Thanks ladies...you guys truly are amazing.

SkinnyErinn 05-11-2010 04:50 PM

Crap crap crap... showing my face here after a stupid injury that has stalled my workouts... I missed bootcamp this week...

Basically I tore a three inch hole in my left bicep... le grrr!!! I've been doing rest, ice, compression, elevation and anti-inflammatories.... and all I can think of is 268... my current weight.

Last night I got tired of feeling sorry for myself so I did 2 hours of cardio... just to prove to myself that I could do it. Bringing my calories back down to 1000, just until tomorrow when I am going to begin working the arm again using 3 pound weights. Yesterday I JOGGED 2 miles and cycled 18 miles... gotta keep on keeping on. You women are my lifeline when I am out on my own. I can not express how much I appreciate all of you. Have fantastic weeks, I am going back to read on how you all are doing.

SkinnyErinn 05-11-2010 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by christineval (Post 10467)
Hi

Thanks for your response. The sad thing is that I did take my measurements and I have only lost 1 inch since 1 year ago. That is what started my frustration lol. I keep hoping that it will just take time and then catch up with weight loss since my metabolism is probably shot. I have done all kinds of diets including bernstein.

I dont understand it since it is not like i am sitting eatting junk food all day so why is nothing happening? anyway hears to hoping

I don't want you to ever give up, please. I am willing to take a close look at your food and workouts if you want... if you are not losing and are really being open with yourself about what you are doing... then I would contact your doctor about some testing. That unfortunately doesn't get you off the hook to lose weight, you just have to overcome another hurdle. But, I am willing to give you all the information I can... gotta look at the entire picture. Let me know if there is anything you need. I just can't stand the idea of anyone giving up. We are all here for eachother. :)

christineval 05-11-2010 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn (Post 10622)
Crap crap crap... showing my face here after a stupid injury that has stalled my workouts... I missed bootcamp this week...

Basically I tore a three inch hole in my left bicep... le grrr!!! I've been doing rest, ice, compression, elevation and anti-inflammatories.... and all I can think of is 268... my current weight.

Last night I got tired of feeling sorry for myself so I did 2 hours of cardio... just to prove to myself that I could do it. Bringing my calories back down to 1000, just until tomorrow when I am going to begin working the arm again using 3 pound weights. Yesterday I JOGGED 2 miles and cycled 18 miles... gotta keep on keeping on. You women are my lifeline when I am out on my own. I can not express how much I appreciate all of you. Have fantastic weeks, I am going back to read on how you all are doing.

You are so amazing lol. I wish I was like you but I find every excuse I can think of lol. I want to start working out at night as well since I work out everyday at lunch. I need to do more I think because I am not seeing any change and it has been 2 months

christineval 05-11-2010 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn (Post 10624)
I don't want you to ever give up, please. I am willing to take a close look at your food and workouts if you want... if you are not losing and are really being open with yourself about what you are doing... then I would contact your doctor about some testing. That unfortunately doesn't get you off the hook to lose weight, you just have to overcome another hurdle. But, I am willing to give you all the information I can... gotta look at the entire picture. Let me know if there is anything you need. I just can't stand the idea of anyone giving up. We are all here for eachother. :)

What do you do when you get chocolate cravings? I have a bad sweet totth and I cant stop eatting it until they are done or gone. I have a husband and 2 kids so not having it in the house at all is not going to happen but it is usually only in the house on weekend if we are entertaining or going to someone elses home.

I eat pretty good otherwise. I always say that I do not think Jillian would be able to throw out to much in my fridge or cupboards lol.

I think the big part of the problem is portions! It sucks when I think I am probably fat because of eatting too much of good food lol.

SkinnyErinn 05-12-2010 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by christineval (Post 10631)
What do you do when you get chocolate cravings? I have a bad sweet totth and I cant stop eatting it until they are done or gone. I have a husband and 2 kids so not having it in the house at all is not going to happen but it is usually only in the house on weekend if we are entertaining or going to someone elses home.

I eat pretty good otherwise. I always say that I do not think Jillian would be able to throw out to much in my fridge or cupboards lol.

I think the big part of the problem is portions! It sucks when I think I am probably fat because of eatting too much of good food lol.

First, purchase a foodscale. That REALLY helped me recognize my portion issues. Then, when I journal my food here I know exactly how much I've eaten and my calories are more accurate. I can see the HUGE difference in calories between 4 ounces and 8 ounces, which keeps me from having seconds, ever.

Now, I am probably going to have an unpopular answer here regarding the chocolate. I have IMMENSE food issues (it's how I got above 400!), so FOR ME, I know I can NEVER give in. I have NEVER cheated. If I have pizza, I just eat the topping and I am done. My kids and SO have lots of crap in the house - my daughter RIGHT NOW has some white chocolate Easter eggs with a solid milk chocolate chick in them from Sees. I know they are there, and they will remain there because the 269 on my weight is going to be the LAST time I see it. Cookies, soda, crackers, pasta (a HUGE weakness for me), chocolate... all living in my cupboards right now. I know FOR ME that I need to treat my food issues like an allergy or an addiction. I am allergic to sugar - my body processes it right to fat. I have an addiction to carbs, I don't know when to stop eating them, always crave them and my life most definitely was out of control while I was eating them.
If I cheat, I am unlocking the cages of these demons and inviting them out into the arena to battle them again. No thank you! I have driven them into their dark cages and they will remain there until I can tame them and train them. If I eat one of those eggs in my daughter's room, I will eat the other 6. If I eat the 6 tonight, I will get a candy bar tomorrow when I fill up my car. If I get a candy bar tomorrow morning, I will pick up some ice cream for dinner. If I have ice cream after dinner, a bowl will come to bed with me. ADDICTION! So, I stay steel willed, and so can YOU! Just think about where you are heading, go take a shower or read a book. Get your mind off it. And, more than a few times I had to be the bitch and tell my SO to PLEASE stop smacking McDonald's sausage McMuffins in my face. Good luck, I hope I helped. I know others on here believe in the "cheating" makes it better rule... that works for them. I would listen to their perspectives too and decide what feels right and manageable for YOU.