Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Fabulous 100 pound club for women... >

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Community
Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 04-30-2010, 05:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Is it just me, or is this a HUGE accomplishment? Wow that's soooo amazing. You must have people complimenting you all the time, gotta love that. So, where are your progress photos? Uh?
I would totally LOVE to put up progress photos! How do you do that? Lol... I was thinking of putting an album up on my FaceBook... but if I can attach them to my profile here, that would rock (since you fine ladies and my doctor's are the only ones who know how much I weigh, lol). I'll be playing with this project this weekend!! Thanks for the encouragement... I don't get comments as much as I did when I first started... it's kindof old news to a lot of folks, lol. I just recently had a woman at my church comment that she can tell I've lost alot... that feels SO great. The comments are now pretty few and far between.

Keep up the great work you guys... seriously, when I came her 7 weeks ago I was STUCK. Just got back from the doctor at 307 pounds... I was so heart broken. Now I am 36 pounds down... not too shabby. Just believe in yourselves and decide if you (or that dessert) is stronger!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:32 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by montanacricket
I so understand where you're coming from. I've struggle for years to find "my time" for exercise. I have two kids and a spouse. One of the kids is a teen, one is a preteen, so there are after school things, then there's dinner (and I feel strongly about us all eating together most nights), there's the fact that I'm bushed from working all day, and of course the fact that I can't sleep well if I exercise too closely to bed time. I have to be done with it before 6 p.m.

So fast forward to April 12th, when I finally decided that mornings were really the only time I don't have an excuse (other than it being morning). I'm a morning person by nature, and I've seen someone else (almeeker?) refer to "not being awake enough to have an excuse". It works for me. I've come to the conclusion that every person just needs to be able to find the time that really works for them and be willing to stick with it.

Good luck to you!
This is so true. I wake up early and get about 30 mins of good cardio with stretching in. In the evening, I am doing all my calistenics (I won't scare you with what my trainer has me doing, she is evil and must be force fed cheesecake). When I first started to exercise, I did it in the morning. It was a great way to start my day - and kept the more dangeorus food out of my mouth since I didn't want to have "wasted an entire workout." Try getting up just 30 minutes earlier, making some coffee (if that's your thing) and walking at a moderate pace with headphones? If you walk for just 15 minutes, that's still a great start and will motivate you to try to add a little bit more. Exercise is like a savings account - whatever you put in will help.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:40 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by desertmountain

SkinnyErinn-I've been thinking about you & wondering how you're doing. It's so funny that we've never actually met, but I feel so close to all of you. I'm glad you popped in & that you're still doing awesome! Wow 159-You rock!
First, I miss you all like CRAZY! My trainer has me doing about 90 minutes of exercise a day... every single day! So by the time I get home from work and begin my evening routine, then dinner, goodnight kisses to kids and dishes... there isn't time for anything else. The past few days I have definitey stared longingly at both my TV (GLEE!!!) and my computer... but I am just too wiped out. As it is, I am typing this sitting in my bed, droopy eyed, getting ready to collapse. I just wanted to log my food, activities and to see how all you AMAZING women are doing. I seriously can't have come this leg of the journey without you all. I'll try to pop in more often, I feel so badly that there are new ladies here that I don't know!! Gotta give the support. Good night all, have a tremendous weekend - AND NO CHEATING! BAHAHAHAH.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:21 PM
FitDay Member

Skinny Erin, you are hilarious. That's just what I needed this morning. Now I can face that workout - maybe.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default wishes- healthy weekend for all

it's so inspiring to hear from everyone- you all make me so happy to hear that dispite the trouble and challenges that our lives bring- everyone has stress and situations that arise to tempt us, everyone seems to be determined not to give in. great job all!

almeeker- sorry you seemed to be having a bad day- have some fun today and don't look back - look forward

montanacricket- great job - keep up the good work

cc1158 so glad to hear from you- I weigh everyday too can't seem to help it, but don't stress out on the number as long as it doesn't go up by more than a 1.5 lbs- stress, water gain, and other factors can effect the scale but it gives me some idea daily of what is working.

desertmountain - sorry about the weather hope you crops will be ok - the only thing I can seem to grow is on farmville.com lol
Old 05-01-2010, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

Smile New to the lifestyle change and forum

I am new to the forum and to a new start on a total lifestyle change. I started my journey at 256 lbs attempting to do the "6 week body make over." I was miserable, but was losing. I got down to 246. Now I have taken the lessons I learned from the other program and made it my own. I am still eating 6 times a day and walking daily, but I am having dairy. I am still limiting my bread intake, but enjoying options again. I am now using the Fitday tools to track my calories and activity and feel I am well on my way to a new me. At 5'4", I have 100.4 lbs to lose to reach my ideal weight. but I am going to take it off and keep it off!!
Old 05-01-2010, 12:02 PM
FitDay Member

Jennwilliams - I am also new to the board - welcome!

Just a quick victory for the day...DH had a friend over to work in the garage today and they wanted pizza and beer for dinner. I ordered only enough calzones for the two of them so there was no chance I would eat any. Instead, I am having a sort-of-guilty pleasure...steel cut oats with splenda brown sugar and skim milk. And I'm well within my calories for the day at only 1,300. Weekends are always hard for me, so I gotta celebrate the little things!
Old 05-01-2010, 12:52 PM
FitDay Member

So glad to see I am not alone in this. I have done missed my thirty as I will be 31 on Monday, so my goal is 146 by my Master's Graduation: May 2011
Old 05-01-2010, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
The comments are now pretty few and far between.
I am amazed by your perserverance and success. I can't wait to see your progress pics. You are awesome and such an insperation. You should pat yourself on the back everyday for doing what you've done and continue to do. Thank you for sharing your story.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:21 PM
FitDay Member

Default celebrated but didn't gain!

Last night I went out to celebrate my daughters 25th birthday. went light on lunch but splurged on dinner salad, rolls, and lasagna(shared my husband's dinner -his salad and lasagna-1/3 of his 3 pasta dinner) best that I could figure I was around 1800. but this morning only went up a couple of oz.

Dealing with stress without eating is a struggle for me but hoping the stress will ease up a bit as things appear to be getting better between my daughter and my parents.

Since I'm not a morning person, I guess it will have to be watching evening tv and getting on the treadmill, maybe this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.