Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Fabulous 100 pound club for women... >

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Community
Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 04-19-2010, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

The day has been exhausting and I feel blah & drained. I came here instead of eating the whole bag of Hershey's Sugar-free dark chocolate that's been screaming at me from the freezer ever since I got home. I had a serving (such itty bitty teeny tiny bars) and really want to inhale the rest of those little suckers.... But you know it really felt so good to actually fit into a 16 today...okay so I just barely squeeeeeezed into last year's stretchy size 16 jeans again...who cared that the seams were complaining that they were ready to burst & I looked like a water balloon, I was IN THEM! So NO MORE CHOCOLATE. There.
Originally Posted by almeeker
Desertmountain, the mats I use are called "heat seeding mats", from a manufacturer called Hydra-Farm, they come in different sizes, but the ones I have are big enough for 1 flat of plants. They work really well, when you don't goof up the whole works by setting them on a smart blanket or a sheet of black plastic. I'm cracking up about parking in a Galaxy far far away, I'm trying to get in the habit, but it really goes against my natural inclinations.

I have an Omron walking style pedometer, it has a belt clip you can take on and off, which I love. When I don't have a pocket, I clip it on my shirt, waistband, neckline of my nightgown or bra. Yes, bra it's only about the size of a chicken nugget. It also has an extra clip/leash thing on it to keep it from getting away from you. Mine came from Amazon.com and was about $20, so it's much cheaper than a gym membership and almost as motivating as a dog. For those of you that don't have one, I highly recommend it. I can't tell you how many nights I look down and find I'm at like 7,000-9,000 steps. Believe it or not, I'll do an extra load of wash (up and down stairs), tidy up the bathroom, put away laundry, run the vacuum, march around the kitchen etc., just to get up to 10,000. I got it as a Christmas gift and I probably make 10K steps 90-95% of the time now. The days I don't are when we've spent a long time in the car or I don't feel well enough for my workout, but the rest of the time I get there.

Saggy skin or no, I'm willing to take my chances and keep dieting. It's got to be better than all that same skin full of fat. When I was in my 20's I lost 60 pounds and didn't have any saggy skin when I got down to my goal weight, although I worried about it the whole time. But this time is different. I'm 20 years older, starting almost 80 pounds heavier, and I've had 3 babies since. I think age does have something to do with it, as well as genetics. I've decided that I'm going to get down to my goal weight no matter what, and maintain it for at least a year before I make any decisions on nipping and tucking. If I hate it and it puts me in constant misery, then it goes - end of discussion. If it doesn't bother me or isn't all that bad, then it stays. I am after all in my 40's and happily married, so a little sagging is not only normal it's expected and well earned. Maybe I'll just wear it with pride like an old battle scar. I am going to try some of desertmountain's concoctions, with or without any sag control, I could use the moisturizer.
Thanks for the info on the pedometer and the heating mats -- I looked up Hydrofarm mats on the Internet & saw that the thermostats are optional for these mats, which reduces the price by at least half. Now I'm wondering if the other mat's thermostats were optional as well? Shoot. Oh, well I've already invested all that money in the grow light system so I'll stick with that since the plants did so well up there in the bedroom. I'm waiting for the police to raid the house since the grow lights stay on 16 hours a day. LOL
Also thanks for letting me know that they make such small pedometers. I got mine today and it's very comfortable except with those stretchy size 16 jeans which I wore shopping today. I'm wearing my 18's right now and I can't even tell I'm wearing a pedometer! So I'm back in the business of stepping & tracking & should be able to keep it on all day.
I hear you on the skin - You're so young that I hope it all snaps back where it needs to be very soon so you don't need the snip snip - but if you do choose to do that, I support your choice & agree with you completely.

OMG SkinnyErinn-drool, drool, droooOOlll, I just read your post about the chocolate--I bow down to you LOL (SNL-I'm not worthy) You really did great, including your sandwich choice & just eating the allowable stuff. I would have thought that you would have felt so empowered even if you didn't quite get in all the nutrients for the day. that's what vitamins are for LOL. Drinking really lowers our resolve, so in my books you had a very successful day in a very hard situation. Especially since it was such an emotional time for you as well. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. That was so kind of everyone to chip in that way - what a wonderful way to be remembered & loved.

Pattialbert- I hear you on missing the gardening - I would be in withdrawls & be the lady with the potted plants all over the place (like one of those hoarders on that TV show or the funny cat lady - only it would all be plants all over the place) Oh yeah, turn on those pumps & maybe record it, too. That way you can bring the sound home with you. I love my water feature. It's so soothing. Glad that you're back on your feet & feeling better. Congrats on the 2 pound loss last week - gee for me that would be an awesome week! You did great.
jordanna1979-love your blog. You've lost a LOT of weight and LOOK GREAT! I agree that you've lost a lot of weight in your face & neck area -- You really, really look so great- years younger, too! Congratulations on all that hard work paying off. I seem to hang onto the weight in my chin area - bummer huh?
Old 04-19-2010, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

Oh desertmountain, so great to hear that you are wearing your 16's. That's very very cool. Just think in another couple of pounds they will be your regular jeans and you'll be tossing out those 18's. Today I wore a pair of jeans that I could not pull up over my hips in January let alone button, but today they slipped on and off without being unbuttoned. So tomorrow I'm getting rid of them.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:45 PM
FitDay Member

Talking New to this site

Hey guys, I'm a newbe to this site and need a friend to kick my butt when I need it. Anyone interested?

5'6"
285 lbs
Old 04-20-2010, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

I'm really jealous about the size 16's!!! I don't remember even being in that size I think it was my freshman year in high school - about 15 years ago! I'm so proud of you!! That is so awesome!!

I'm back on track this week - weekends are so hard for me! But I went for a long walk last night and walked a hill that has been taunting me for weeks! Made it to the top!! Been sticking around the same weight for a while and it's really starting to bug me! I'm going to have to kick up the exercising or something - I need to get past the 270 mark soon!!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!
Old 04-20-2010, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lmarbut
Hey guys, I'm a newbe to this site and need a friend to kick my butt when I need it. Anyone interested?

5'6"
285 lbs
Kick, kick, boot to the butt. So what is your diet strategy? Give us all the dirt.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by disujo
I'm really jealous about the size 16's!!! I don't remember even being in that size I think it was my freshman year in high school - about 15 years ago! I'm so proud of you!! That is so awesome!!

I'm back on track this week - weekends are so hard for me! But I went for a long walk last night and walked a hill that has been taunting me for weeks! Made it to the top!! Been sticking around the same weight for a while and it's really starting to bug me! I'm going to have to kick up the exercising or something - I need to get past the 270 mark soon!!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!
Whenever I hit a hard plateau I boost up my protein for a couple of days, I strive for something around the 40% mark for 2-3 days running. It usually kicks it for me, unless of course Aunt Flo is visiting...
Old 04-20-2010, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default The numbers are going the right way!

After my first week last week of my new walking routine (an hour a day, five days a week) and being back on Fitday for a bit over a week, I bravely stepped back on the scale this morning.

I'm still trying to figure out the best day/time to weigh, since I get up at 4:45 to walk and have a smoothy on my way to the basement and drink most of a liter of water while I'm walking. But I weighed in after my shower this morning and I've lost 4.5 pounds since last Monday. Ahhh success!!! I'll be smiling all day today!

Thanks for all the support I'm getting here. I told my daughter this morning, only 115.5 to go!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning ladies. Thank you for saving me from myself last night. Coming here & reading your honest & heartfelt posts grounded me in ways that I just couldn't do by myself last night. I'm feeling strong today & very happy that I didn't gobble up all that chocolate.

Originally Posted by Lmarbut

5'6"
285 lbs
I'm not good at kicking butts (every time I point a finger there are 3 more of them pointing back at myself) but I do have big shoulders, lots of enthusiasm and am so happy to have you join our journey! Most of find that Fitday is a great way to track, analyze & then adjust everything to stay on track. Hope that it helps you too. There are also many wonderful people here that are dedicated to their journey, bright, creative insightful & very helpful people. I'm echoing Almeeker's request--Dish! What are doing to make this work for you?

Congratulations on the 4.5 pound loss - Way to go montanacricket (love your name btw)! Almeeker has started a pedometer challenge in the Exercise forums - why don't you join us there, too? It'll be fun to have more encouragement for each other just seeing how many steps/miles everyone is doing. I'm pretty much a slug now, but aspire to reach the realms of work horses or rabbits or sled dogs...well, shoot pretty much any thing other than the slug or amoeba I am now.

disujo I'm really jealous about the size 16's!!! I don't remember even being in that size I think it was my freshman year in high school - about 15 years ago! I'm so proud of you!! That is so awesome!!
Disujo - Thank you so much. I KNOW that you'll be wearing them again too. Last year I lost weight really fast doing P90 & since it had been so long since I'd been a size 16 I had to buy a new wardrobe, albeit a very small wardrobe but I can't wait to fit into the rest of the cute clothes waiting for me in my closet. I keep them right in the front for motivation. So far the only thing I can wiggle, pull and squeeze into are the stretchy jeans, but it's really motivating me to work out harder & longer since it seems exercise is a key part of my weight loss.
almeeker Oh desertmountain, so great to hear that you are wearing your 16's. That's very very cool. Just think in another couple of pounds they will be your regular jeans and you'll be tossing out those 18's. Today I wore a pair of jeans that I could not pull up over my hips in January let alone button, but today they slipped on and off without being unbuttoned. So tomorrow I'm getting rid of them.
WooHoo!! Yeah! Can't wait! Slipping off without unbuttoning? LOL - Sweetie it sounds like you may need to buy more new & smaller jeans before an embarrassing moment happens LOL
I've noticed that I lost more on the bottom than the top since none of the tops fit at all. I'm not complaining here - just a comment on how weird our bodies can be when we lose weight & different every time. I can still wear blouses in 22's, the new ones I bought last week, size 18's, are a tad snug but I figure in a few weeks they'll fit perfectly. I'm throwing away & giving away all larger sizes along my journey this time - leaving no trail in my closet to wander back up.

I hope everyone has a fabulous day today! thanks again for being you & sharing here.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by desertmountain
Congratulations on the 4.5 pound loss - Way to go montanacricket (love your name btw)! Almeeker has started a pedometer challenge in the Exercise forums - why don't you join us there, too? It'll be fun to have more encouragement for each other just seeing how many steps/miles everyone is doing. I'm pretty much a slug now, but aspire to reach the realms of work horses or rabbits or sled dogs...well, shoot pretty much any thing other than the slug or amoeba I am now.
Thanks so much for the idea! I'll go take a look. I know I have a pedometer around here somewhere!
Old 04-20-2010, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

A not so terrific tuesday, I begin moderately slipping sunday, my scale didnt offer up the expected favorable results, so I bindged a tiny bit and have been slipping slightly ever since. I did get mostly back on track today, and walked. I am having just rough turbulent days at work with a temporary boss running the show from out of state pending the hire of a new boss, and the tension and backstabbing of co workers with the mentality of high school drop its enough to make me need to eat comfort foods in bucket loads full but have maintained a sense of self control and keeping the bigger picture in focus. I ate fruit and 2 energy bars which I didnt need those bars but was better then I supose the candy bar or fried food that could of ended up inhaled with reckless abandon. I did visit my local mall, it has a Teavana store and bought some skinny chai pu-erh -this is a black tea that is super strong as it is fermented twice as long as normal black tea, its supose to help boost metabolism and burn fat and if you combine it with matevana herb tea that is suposed to work to curb appetite. I dont know if either of those things are true, I just like the tea/herb combo it tastes great, it feels healthy and has a satisfying flavor and pleasant aroma. It is a safe comfort beverage I guess lol. I will try to de-stress and stick with it tomorrow. I want to see results I want to be healthy. Thanks for providing a group I can vent too. Hugs to all, love hope.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.