Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational starting 4/30/12: Get Ready >

Motivational starting 4/30/12: Get Ready

Community
Notices

Motivational starting 4/30/12: Get Ready

Old 05-01-2012, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
April, I hope you're OK. It sounds like you're really going through a lot with this and struggling.

More when I can. I am not well today. I did start root canal and it was not bad and my tooth no longer hurts. So amen for that!

I hope that I'm not making it sound worse than it is. It really is nothing more than some cramping and "discharge" It is just a nuisance!

I hope that your root canal goes well. Sounds like it really is what you needed since it no longer hurts already!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Good morning all. Somewhat decent day yesterday catching up from missing so much work last week. After logging all my activities, it is amazing what they really come to vs what I selected as my lifestyle. Actual calories burned were way under and I do log my sleep time. The day starts at 12:01 am and ends at 12:00am (so essentially I split the sleep time up from midnite until I wake and from bedtime to midnite). I feel that this will be a good exercise this week to see what I need to tweek to keep the weight coming off.

Health & Wellness
1. Walk everyday - M:Y (45 min)
2. Bed by 11pm - M:Y
3. Log activities daily to get true lifestyle calories burned - M:Y (2,133 cals burned, 1501 cals in, 632 deficit)
4. Water / Tea 120 oz daily - M:112
5. Lose 3 pounds this week - M:-.4

Life Goals
1. Set up fabric shelf (old to do)
2. Old project out
3. Signature blocks out and mailed by May 1
4. Put in 5 hours towards 2010 taxes
5. Get lumber from storage (prep work to build shelves in garage)

Great job everyone for meeting Monday goals! Lots of green.

Tori - Kick some a** this week! And don't go to McD's just because the scale didn't move.

Cassie - Tuesday is another day. I know how disappointing it can be to not be able to go the most important events of your son. Let him tell you about every minute of it and relive the moment with him. Send him a text before the competiton cheering him on.

I must be productive today and get some work out of here. Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
arghhhhh about sums it up for me today. I'm not happy withy scale. Granted, it didn't move, but that's the problem....it DIDN'T MOVE! Not one bit. If it had moved the wrong way I could at least blame it on AF. But nope. It just frustrates me because I had one of the best days I've had in eons and there's nothing to show for it. Makes me wanna hit up Mickey D's for lunch and throw back a Quarter Pounder, large fries and a bigass sweet tea. But I won't. I'll eat the crap I packed. ARGHHHHH
Noooooooo! Hang tough, Tori! I find that I can be good for days and nothing happens, and then out of nowhere, a big drop. I think sometimes your body takes some time to throw the pounds away. Especially with aunt Flo hanging around. I could post you all kinds of stuff about McD's that would make you never eat there again, but I've been told that that's annoying, haha.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
arghhhhh about sums it up for me today. I'm not happy withy scale. Granted, it didn't move, but that's the problem....it DIDN'T MOVE! Not one bit. If it had moved the wrong way I could at least blame it on AF. But nope. It just frustrates me because I had one of the best days I've had in eons and there's nothing to show for it. Makes me wanna hit up Mickey D's for lunch and throw back a Quarter Pounder, large fries and a bigass sweet tea. But I won't. I'll eat the crap I packed. ARGHHHHH
You can still blame Aunt Flo. Had you not had such a good day yesterday then you almost certainly would be further 'up' this morning. You just counteracted her evil plan for you to hold water for the next week.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Luv, are you there? I hope everything is OK.

Everything is OK here and I'm on track with food, but not with water and I haven't exercised.

Getting my hood latch and a seatbelt replaced in my car, so had to take it for the machanic to check it out and I'm waiting for him to call me back. Had other family things going on so I've got nothing accomplished, plus I have to do double duty on grandkid transportation today while DH "plays" with friends. I keep reminding myself that a change from routine is not the end of the world. I dislike my day not running in an orderly fashion. Can ya tell?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

Mern - You never give up and you constantly encourage everyone around you (Goal 8)... So I am going to be like you for a second - I see that you are slacking on your water and exercise - 2 VERY important aspects of this journey! Life is hectic but push thru and aim for even just a little bit of exercise - like the basics (10 pushups, 10 situps) - even the little tiny bit of exercise will get your heart rate up - YOU CAN DO IT!

Tori - DON"T DO IT lol I agree with April and Nobe

April - Nice green - but be careful!! You are a lot like my hubby who can't sit still for 10 seconds so I hear ya there..... I am the opposite and would be content chillaxin on the couch all day! And yes it does feel good to be up before the kids - this morning I had 2 coffees, did 2 loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and cleaned my closet before they got up - felt amazing!

Hope - feel better soon!

Braydon's Swim lessons start tonight!! Fun times! I'm going to be starving when I get home! I'm a little anxious about leaving Makenna in the child minding at the Gym.... I fear that she is probably going to scream for the entire 30 minutes in there. I did go to talk to them about it and they said not to worry - its not busy there at that time and they can handle it - But they haven't heard her scream before so we shall see! Wish me luck!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone-i love to read your posts on here- even though i dont post as often as id like to it certainly motivates me and throughout the day i will have in my head sme of the great advice floating around.
Its my weigh day tomorrow and im just hoping to maintain this week because i havent been as good as i have been.
All was going well until i decided that i would do some baking with kids on Sunday!! I thought would be able to keep away from it but oh no! I ATE TOO MUCH and lost some control.
Ive put it behind me now and been back on track today but its already taken its toll on my body- ive been constipated and feel so bloated around my middle! Sorry for the info!
I made homemade rosemary and sea salt bread rolls- i dont eat much bread but i just couldnt resist- they were delicious. Also i made blueberry and lemom muffins- should have done mini ones but either way i made too many which resulted eating too many. Thought if they were in a cake tin out of sight i wouldnt thinkk about them- I WAS WRONG!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

Just so everyone knows, I did not go to McDonald's. I really really REALLY wanted to, but A) didn't even have time to take a lunch much less go anywhere for it and B) wasn't going to do it anyway. I've gone over 6 months without Mickey D's, I can go a while longer.

Off to find dinner. Probably going to be soup again. I need to go grocery shopping for some food that I'll actually eat.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:42 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Tuesday everyone! I started reading posts a little bit ago and there were only 3 pages to read. Then there were 4, 5, 6, just within 15 min! Lots of motivation this week to stick to goals and K some A! I need to KA also – Once done posting I’ll take DS for a long walk in the stroller and get that much needed exercise in! Then lift some weights at home (found my 8lb weights when cleaning the garage last weekend). Yay!

I played hookie form work this afternoon – feels great! I got some bad news yesterday that my co-worker on a 2 yr long project got pulled to a “more important task” by the PM. I was given a list of people to help me out but who would have to be trained to do the work. And none of them are even in my state! $&@#$#!! And the deadline is in 3 weeks?! N-o-t possible. I had a mild panic attack at work, then did not sleep well last night. Today I needed a few hours break to refocus and figure out how to task all this… out. So here I am, able spend the afternoon with my son , make home-made pizza for his 3rd birthday today, post my goals, and regroup for tomorrow.

Week of April 30th
Drink like a fish – 70oz H2O or more.
Log daily.
1500 cals max.
Figure out a way to make it to the gym!!!
Lose 1lb this week.
Plan/execute/clean-up DS birthday party on Saturday.

Saturday is a pool party – so I need to buy that swim suit a few lbs earlier than I had hoped, but I think I am close enough to my goal to get a decent fit. Now if only I was not so blindingly white… hee hee. The curse of a red-head, white skin and freckles.

Rock on! Ama
Old 05-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone, sorry to be MIA today...I was back to back but at least I didn't cope with the stress by eating!!

Tori, props to you on avoiding McD's. You will see a drop, I know it. Just be patient and show that plateau who's boss!

Ama, HB to your DS; sounds like a perfect afternoon. Breathe and take one thing at a time. Good luck with the work stuff; you'll figure it out.

Mern, I'm sorry your day got thrown off. Sometimes a little change is enough to throw anyone off.

Jho, enjoy the swimming...sounds like a great time! I'm sure all will be fine with Makenna .

tracymc, nice to see you! Don't you hate it when something comes up to bite you unawares, that you never thought would be a problem? Grr. Always time to start over, hang in there, girl!

April, Hope, sending you vibes for a discomfort-free day (well, it's evening now, but I did read posts this AM and I've been thinking them since earlier ). Hope, good job on getting past your fear of the root canal!

nobe, jeanne, good job this week! Thanks for being here and so encouraging.

Well, I have the house to myself for a few hours...hubby is on his way to an after-work meeting and the boy is still in someone's SUV in middle Georgia on his way home from the match. I got a text about an hour ago that they won, so they move to state quarterfinals next week . It is a very exciting time (crazy busy and emotional and stressful, but exciting). That one should be a lot closer to home and I will do my damndest to get there, even if I have to personally reschedule 15 people.

Check in with y'all later. I'm going to go enjoy some peace and quiet before I have to start working on all this paperwork I brought home .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.