Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational starting 4/30/12: Get Ready >

Motivational starting 4/30/12: Get Ready

Community
Notices

Motivational starting 4/30/12: Get Ready

Old 05-02-2012, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back Better late than never. 4 weeks away from fitday equals 6 pounds gained. Goal this week:

Journal daily
exercise daily
calories below 1500
Water, Water and more water.

Mary
Old 05-02-2012, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Today's challenge: Kiddo was building cushion forts and fell off the couch last night and put three teeth through his bottom lip (which was horrifying - blood everywhere, and I couldn't see where it was coming from and thought he had knocked out his teeth. I am so not the calm mom when he gets hurt; I think he was mostly crying because I was running around in circles spazzing out). Today he says it doesn't hurt, but his mouth is all swollen and bruised and he looks like he was in a fight. I want to get out for a walk but don't want to take him out in public. I'm probably just paranoid about people calling child services, but he fell off the couch, I swear! Ugh, parenting.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

OK, I made it to the gym, downed 32 oz. water and am working on my second bottle.

Also figured out a way to thaw and then poach/steam fish in my microwave while still in the individual plastic wraps in which they are sealed and individually frozen. These are large Swai fillets (Vietnamese tilapia) about 8 ounce each when frozen. For two of them I thawed in the microwave for 10 minutes on 20% power (flipping over after 5 minutes) then cut two small vent slits in each wrap and cooked them on high for 5 minutes. Isn't as tasty to me as pan sauteed in olive oil and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, but I'll happily make it again that way for a quick lunch without getting the house all smelly.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Thanks Cassie & Mern for your gentle well wishes! It really is nothing more than a bother to me now. I just want it over with so I can get on with what I was doing so good at. I just know that I have to take it easy or pay in the long run with this process taking longer than necessary. Hmph! LOL
April, aw, I'm glad to hear that.

Jeanne, well done on your food on the quilting retreat. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Kudos on losing those 4.4 lbs. and on working on understanding your own individual calorie burn better. Mountain climb in August--wow! You go girl!

Tori, good start for your week!

Nobe, I'm glad you got your non-fun mom sitting out of the way. I know all too well how unpleasant that can be. You will be rewarded for giving of yourself to that extent some day. Big hug to ya! Nice start to your food/fitness week, too. I don't log my sleep.

Jho, big hug to you, too. Thanks for your continual kind words and encouragement. You did a fabulous job Monday! My favorite TV shows are competitions such as Dancing With the Stars, The Next Food Network Star, Top Chef, Chopped All-Stars, and reruns of M*A*S*H, Little House on the Prairie, and Frasier.

Joanna, so glad your semester and finals are over. I'm guessing that deep down your evening binge Monday had to do with comfort after all the stress was over. I hope you had a good celebration afterwards.

HKG, kudos on your water and exercise Monday.

Mike, kudos on your walking, bread, and logging food Monday.

Terri, a C+/B- on food and fitness with all that interviewing going on is something of which to be proud. Don't sell yourself short! I'm glad you didn't go too hard on yourself for the starchier than desired dinner after doing well at breakfast and lunch Monday. And it's really smart of you to count all your walking and stair climbing as exercise, too--because it IS. Thanks for your encouragement. Glad you were able to work out your spat with your co-worker.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Well, obviously it's past midnight and I'm not in bed, and the rest of my goals went you-know-where in a handbasket because I forgot about a dinner function we had tonight (thought it was next week) and so didn't plan calories and then I ate too much and now I feel yucky but at least I had a great workout today and I drank a lot of water.
Cassie, I had to laugh. A college prof of mine once dubbed me "The Queen of Run-on Sentences." Wish she were still here so I could tell her I found an equal. LOL Kudos on your water and Monday workout despite the accidental overeating due to forgetting about the dinner function. Life just gets in the way of our best plans sometimes. So sorry about the tourney scheduling again so that you can't attend.

Gotta go pick up grandkids from school. Will try to do more catching up later.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

April, I meant what you call your lobby. Whatever, it's called, the whole place looks great!!

Jho, I have been a slacker. Fibro kicking my butt a bit but no excuses!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone-
Ok well this evening i went to weigh in and was very relieved to see that ive lost 1lb this week. Considering my binge on buns im very happy with that. Proud of myself though that i didnt let it take over the whole week and got back on track straightaway. This weightwatchers plan really seems to be suiting me better or perhaps its because my head is in the right place!

Can i just ask has anybody heard of Dyspraxia? My 7 year old daughter is being referred for tests- her teacher (who is fantastic) first pointed it out. In the back of my mind since her starting nursery but other teachers werent consistent in finding anything out. The stress ive been under the last few years feels like its changed me into a different person but i will get there- just pleased that things are actually getting moving.

Its hard for me not to turn to the comfort foods when im feeling that way out but it takes a challenge to learn how to overcome them again.
Sorry if im not making any sense- need my bed soon!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Just checking in quickly:

Tracey - I have definitely heard of dyspraxia. I'm not an MD, but I study neuroscience. It will require a battery of tests to be sure. I hope that things move forward with your daughter and her doctors so that she can get whatever help she might need!

(I am not saying what I specifically know the disorder to be for your privacy but also because - again - not an MD! I know what it is in a basic science manner but I'd never be able to diagnose it)
Old 05-02-2012, 10:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
April, I meant what you call your lobby. Whatever, it's called, the whole place looks great!!
I see now, LOL. That pic was taken from my kitchen facing into my living room. I took them to work today. Believe me, my lobby is nothing like home! LOL
Old 05-02-2012, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, well done on your water and being cool on Monday. LOL I kept cool today when I told my 2nd grade GS to change his ragged jeans before school, he went in the bathroom and closed the door, and when I got home I found the jeans I gave him on the floor. Told him next time he disobeys me he will write an essay, front and back of looseleaf paper on what he did wrong and why he will never do it again. I didn't crack a smile until he was out of sight. On the diet soda, I quit drinking it at home, but replaced it with Crystal Light. There are some who believe that artificial sweetener may still be perceived by our bodies as sugar. Don't know if that's true, but it does seem like Crystal Light is not accepted by my body as just water, so I'm going to use what I have left to simply flavor my water--maybe use only half the powder as directed. On the root canal--does it take more than one appointment? Glad you no longer have pain! Hooray! I have FAITH in HOPE that you will give us the CHARITY of more green in your Wednesday report. Clever, ain't I? LOL

April, great Monday and Tuesday reports! Darned right weeding counts as exercise. That's hard work! Aw, I have no doubt you'll pick up with your weight loss right where you left off. You know what to do and how to do it--and you're excellent at it! So are you glad your sessions with the family therapist are over? Sounds like your family is at least in a better place due to the open communication. I understand you're accustomed to being more active. Must feel funny to have someone carrying a 15 lb. box for you. What a pity some of us feel funny being pampered so much. OMG, the lilacs are beautiful and I love the red vase with the white and lilac colors. Looks great to me! I saw several black cars at the gym today with yellow pollen all over them. My car is silver, so it doesn't show pollen much.

Tori, glad you didn't go to McDonald's out of frustration. Kudos on 6 months without it! Hang in there. I know it's frustrating when the scale doesn't move. Mine isn't moving, either, and I'm not happy about it--thought eating lower cal would do something but it's not.

Jeanne, it's certainly not easy figuring out how our bodies respond to sleep, exercise, etc--tweaking to get the results we desire. Great job Monday! Kudos on that! Nice job on water, logging, and weight loss in your Wednesday report!

Jho, aw, I hope your family gets over the flu quickly. Big gentle hugs to all of you! Thanks for your kind words and for the pep talk. You are absolutely right--as busy as I was, I should have made an attempt to do at least SOME exercise--I could even walk in place for a bit while watching the news or cooking dinner. I did get in my exercise and surpassed my water goal today. How did Braydon's swim lessons go? Aw, well, at least Kenna's stint in the child care room was short and she had the comfort of her bottle. Was that maybe a good sign that she cried only if someone came near her rather than all the time? Could that mean she'll warm up to them if they just be sure she's OK and don't approach her before SHE'S ready for interaction? Don't be so hard on yourself. You're a great Mom. Like April said, sometimes it's just necessary to do a one-on-one and just make sure the other child is safe.

Tracey, glad you had time to pop in. Aw, baking happens to all of us sometimes. OMG, your stuff sounds yummy! Kudos on bouncing back and showing a loss despite that. Glad you're happy with you plan--whatever works and is sensible is fantastic.

Ama, nice report Monday and Tuesday! Wishing you success on kicking A and on getting your work project finished with as little stress as possible. Pizza is a fabulous idea for a three year old's birthday. Three is such a darned cute age! Kudos on the skinny bod for the new swim suit! My Mom had red hair and freckles with really fair skin. Her nickname given her by her siblings was Whitey and she hated that.

Cassie, thanks for your words of encouragement on my not-so-smooth day yesterday. Luckily today went well. Wow, that's great your son and team won the match. Hope you can get to the next one. I also hope you were able to enjoy some peace and quiet before your paperwork.

Mary, welcome back. Aw, you're another one who knows what to do and how to do it. You'll get those 6 lbs. back off soon.

Nobe, great Tuesday report, too! And kudos on the weight loss! OMG, those childhood accidents are so scary and the blood often looks worse than it is because of the saliva mixed in. I hope the swelling goes down quickly for his sake AND yours. Big gentle hug to both of you.

Mike, walking six miles and sucking on the other stuff DOES count for something. But hey, you hit the gym, too! Kudos on that!

HKG, I laughed aloud over your greasy hair summoning you to the shower. I didn't get my shower after the gym and my hair feels that way, too--plus it's kinky from humidity. After I get done here I'm gonna hit the shower--I know it'll make me feel a lot better. My problem has been with snacking, too. Now I'm trying to plan my snacks ahead of time to be nutritious and low carb. Last night was tuna salad on celery, tonight is almond butter on celery. Oh, I've got a long way to go before I master fewer snacks being sweet, but I'm learning. LOT of green in your Tuesday report! Kudos on that!

Terri, great job on food and fitness again Tuesday! Ouchie on the tummy pull during Zumba--man, I'll bet that hurt! I have found that deliberately mild exercise sometimes helps more than inactivity would do help heal a strain. But you know your body better than anyone--I'm sure you'll do what's best for you. Aw, I found that Oikos Greek Yogurt but it's too carby for me. Drat! I was hoping if I ate some John Stamos would appear on my doorstep with that sexy smile, but now he won't because I can't eat it. LOL
Old 05-02-2012, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report:

Busy and didn't log, but I don't believe I did too badly. I'm sure my "guestimate" is in the ball park, anyway. I had a low carb food binge in the evening. Giving myself credit for the controlled cheat.

Calorie limit 1500 1214, probably between 1500 and 1600
Net Carb limit (carbs less fiber) 25g 23.8g, probably between 25 and 30g
Fiber average 25g 30g, 25g or more
Saturated fat average limit 12% of total calories 12%, 12% or less
Cholesterol average limit 250mg 145mg, I'm sure it was under 250mg
Protein average 100g 117g, at least 100g
Exercise 5 times YES, No
48 oz. plain water in addition to other beverages about 32 oz., ditto
Old 05-02-2012, 11:18 AM
FitDay Member

Wow! This evening wasn't good and it isnt' over yet. I had lots of chili and two slices of lemon meringue pie. I am still showing a deficit but I don't see how. I'm sure to be up in the morning because the chili was from frozen and had a TON of sodium in it. Ugh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.