FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Motivational starting 4/30/12: Get Ready (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/7263-motivational-starting-4-30-12-get-ready.html)

Mern 04-30-2012 06:08 AM

Cassie, yeah, Mike draws out the best in me. ;)

Mike, since you're challenging Tori in the race to 170, I'll put my whip down. I'll be diplomatic and root for both you and Tori in the race to 170.

Jho82 04-30-2012 06:59 AM

Health/Fitness/Lifestyle
1. Drink min 100oz of WATER!!/install TV in washroom cuz that’s where I spend most of my day now…:rolleyes:
2. Wake up early before my monsters wake up! (seriously)!! YESSSSSS
3. PM workout Mon/Wed/Fri(at least)!!
4. Min 60 crunches/day!
5. 5 Pushups (straight leg)/ 10 pushups (knees)!
6. Calories below 1300/day!
7. Don't crash and burn on the weekend! WEEKEND WARRIORS UNITE!!!
8. Always say something nice about the person who posted before me!
9. FINISH SCRAPBOOK! Mothers Day is quickly approaching!!

Terri – congrats on your new career prospects and good luck with your new journey! Sounds very exciting – nice to see you back!

HOPE!! I’m here and I’m IN!! This week is going to be great!!!!! :)

Nobe – so exciting you have met your mini goal and very inspiring for everyone to hit it hard this week!!!

Kfleet – Welcome! There are lots of different food related threads - would check them out if you have a few moments – There are a lot of healthy substitutes that I too am learning as I go! We also post recipes here sometimes!

Joanna – Good luck with all of your finals!! Keep us posted!

Mike – I have also been slacking and I’m really mad at myself….NO MORE – It’s a new week – I’m aiming for 5 workouts this week (double bonus time!!) Get moving or you’re grounded from the bike! (plus Mern has a whip and she ain’t afraid to use it)

Mern – see above (mike) and take pics!!

Becky – welcome back!

And the first lucky winner of Goal # 8 is……MERN!! **You have a beautiful soul and your encouragement brings sunshine to every page in this thread!**

LETS HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYBODY – NOT A GOOD WEEK – A GREAT WEEK!!! :D

nobe 04-30-2012 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 80063)
Mike, since you're challenging Tori in the race to 170, I'll put my whip down. I'll be diplomatic and root for both you and Tori in the race to 170.

Well that's no fun ;)

wildbeanerz 04-30-2012 07:39 AM

I'm here. I don't have time for individual replies after the stack of crap I came back to at work today from taking off on Friday. I am doing pretty well. Mostly I just get occassional cramps when it's about time for another anti-inflammatory med. I have to take them until they are all gone. I wish they worked better though because I am up at least 4 lbs since my procedure. That sucks! I also have little power to hold my bladder so it must be bruised or something. My goals will be a little light this week as I am not allowed lifting or exercising and will be working through lunches to cover appointments so no lunch walking either (probably shouldn't anyway).

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz water daily
2. Do not exercise until allowed (there is a way that I will know ;) )
3. Have a calorie deficit even without working out
4. Don't fret over the lbs that my body is holding. They are trying to tell me to relax.

Life Goals ...
1. Medicine in Macie's ear
2. Read something
3. Don't be too busy to listen to my family.

cjohnson728 04-30-2012 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jho82 (Post 80064)
Get moving or you’re grounded from the bike

I think you hit the nail on the head! And the threatening mom tone totally came across!

cjohnson728 04-30-2012 07:48 AM

MERN...are you feeling better today?

April, hope you continue to heal, and quickly.

ToriD1012 04-30-2012 09:57 AM

Goals, goals, goals......I've sucked at this lately. HARD! So I'm going to implement some of the ones that I know work. It's just making sure I DO them now.

Health/Fitness
1: at or below 1300 calories, even on the weekend
2: walk 6 miles (3 times, 2 miles each)
3: some other type of workout 3 times
4: WATER!! at least 48 oz daily
5: prelog all food. no eating crap, even if it fits into the calorie limit
6: post weight daily
7: KICK MIKE'S A** IN THE RACE TO 170!!!

Life/Home
1: pack more crap to get it out of the painters' way
2: get Jassi Cat a mani pedi
3: laundry
4: fill bird feeders
5: play the part, it's not gonna hurt me to just play the part
6: repot orchid
7: KICK LIFE'S A** FOR ONCE, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND

I think that'll do it. Someone let me know if I missed anything :)

I will be back later to catch up with everyone, but for now all I have to say is I must be INSANE for agreeing to this "race to 170". But, the way life has been b*tch slapping me lately, I need something to get me up and moving. So, my competitive nature won out and now I'm all fired up.

In other news: The DB that was formerly known as CN has finally stopped calling/texting (for now). I've been on 2 dates since the split, and it feels good to be noticed by someone other than DB. It also feels good to WANT to get all gussied up. To take time figuring out the perfect outfit, what shoes go with it best, and how to fix the hair & makeup. I haven't really wanted to do these things since the first week in February. But, I'm getting back into my groove. I'm starting to feel like me again. And that chick has been missing for way too long!

Mern 04-30-2012 10:39 AM

kfleet, welcome! :) I, too, love that we have a new motivation thread each week. That way we can modifify our goals or put our missed goals behind us. Kudos to you for being ready to take care of YOU! My 35 year old daughter is a working mother of 4 and she has yet to learn that lesson. My advice on the grocery list in general is to be sure to get in plenty of veggies, especially green ones like broccoli, green beans,green peppers, cabbage, spinach and all other dark leafy green ones, cucumbers, green peppers, celery, zucchini, and if you eat lettuce know that the darker green has more nutrition than iceberg. Go for frozen or fresh rather than canned veggies. I use mostly frozen veggies except for ones I eat raw. (Looking forward to fresh green beans, tomatoes, and broccoli from our garden this summer.) If you eat white potatoes, white rice, and white pasta--go for yams or sweet potatoes, brown/wild rice, whole grain pastas. If you can do 5 or 6 small meals instead of three 3 larger ones, that helps. Remember the importance of water and exercise, too. And, if you snack in the evening, plan ahead for a satisfying but nutritious snack to help avoid binges on junk food. Mine tonight is a low carb protein shake and 3 ounces of celery spread with one tablespoon of almond butter (like peanut butter except more intense flavor and low sugar.)

Tori, kudos on being back in the wagon determined to put the past behind you, race to 170 with Mike, and moving on in the dating scene. :)

Joanna, that's wonderful that you know you should earn an A on your exam. Best wishes on the one tomorrow. And enjoy vegging out for a couple days--you surely earned that!

Cassie, you sweetheart. Yes, I'm feeling very good, thanks--whatever it was making me lightheaded yesterday is totally gone today. :)

Jho, your goals are wonderful! I don't know how you get in all that exercise after chasing the wee ones around all day. Take pics of what--me in my Dominatrix outfit whipping Mike? LOL Awwww, I'm truly touched to be the first winner of your goal #8. Thanks so much for your kind words about my participation here. You made my day. Big hug to ya!

Nobe, sorry for bursting your bubble over putting my whip down and rooting for both Tori and Mike. :D

April, wishing you more comfort in your reovery from the procedure! So sorry you have to deal with a stack o' crap on top of your discomfort! Big gentle hug to ya!

wildbeanerz 04-30-2012 10:41 AM

Tori ... Nice to see 'you' back!

wildbeanerz 04-30-2012 10:44 AM

Thanks Cassie & Mern for your gentle well wishes! It really is nothing more than a bother to me now. I just want it over with so I can get on with what I was doing so good at. I just know that I have to take it easy or pay in the long run with this process taking longer than necessary. Hmph! LOL