Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12

Old 04-25-2012, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Fingers crossed Lizzie!!!! yay!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1) Under 1200 calories Y, N
2) 64 oz of water per day (in addition to water consumed during my workout) N, N
3) Workout EVERY morning Y, Y

Home/Life
1) Study Y, Y
2) Study Y, Y
3) Ace my biology oral defense Working on it, ...
4) Finish ALL math homework N, N
5) STUDY Y, Y

Oral defense is today. Basically I stand in a room of people while two or three professors fire difficult biology/chemistry questions at me about an experiment I did. I have to defend my experiments conclusion while explaining all the biological/chemical mechanisms involved in the results.
I don't mind speaking in front of people, but this is nerve racking.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck on your Defense Mandy!!! Give it all you got!!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon

Do you guys have any advance on getting over people?
The easiest way to get over people is to knock them down, then simply step right over them and move on.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator

Health and Fitness
1) 2% challenge! (drop 2% of my body weight by Friday, -3.65 pounds)
2) work out 3 times yes, no
FAIL 3) bench press 280 pounds nope
4) walk 10 miles 0, 3.5
5) 4 serving of fruit and veggies no, no
6) all my daily vitamis, etc no, yes

Other
7) write 3 auto policies (or $5k in premium) 0, 0
Old 04-25-2012, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

There are such wonderful friends on FD. Thank you, Mern, thank you Jho and all you wonderful supportive peeps. And yeah, Mern, I am gonna tell the endo he can run me over with his car as long as he gets the side with the tooth!!! Hoensetly, he was a really funny guy with a very dry sense of humor and I did hang up an hour and a half appointment (which I will pay him for.)

Guys, it has been so hectic lately I have not had a chance to read and respond personally but I am thinking of everyone!!!

OK so good news: DD (with help from Mom and Dad) finally decided and sent in her college acceptance, residence and roommate requests and even reached out to a few potential roommates. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are all soooooo happy and I believe she made a good choice.

This morning I woke up and the scale said 135. I couldn't believe it so I keep on weighing myself. it kept saying 135. Then a bit later, BEFORE I ate, it said 136. (Obsessive, I know.) But since tomorow is my birthday I am declaring 135 my official weight. Cause that's how I'm gonna roll.

I am on another forum (the need to lose 10-15 lbs one.) Anyone remember Pam (Run/Bike/Ski)? Well she lost weight by maintaining a 1200 calorie or so plan (much stricter than mine in no bread, veeeeeerrrrry basic low carb) but she also said she plans her meals. So I am gonna try it because it seems to work.

April congrats on the low fat ice cream. I have to say also that sugar free Oreos are not bad. I have been allowing myself 2 the past couple of days and they seem to do the trick....More later, guys.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) 6 glasses of water minimum- 7, 4
2) 1650 calories maximum except on Thursday, my birthday- 1633, 1190
3) stretch daily- Yes, Yes
4) gym 3x this week--Yes, NO
5) avoid sugar (except maybe Thursday)-Yes, Yes
6) avoid tomatoes -Yes, Yes
7) do not overdo dairy -Yes, Yes
8) write one hour at least 5 days this week- Yes, Class and some writing
9) meditate -No, No
10) do not worry_NO, YES
11) be positive- NO, YES VERY YES
Old 04-25-2012, 01:41 AM
FitDay Member

How to get over someone? Remember the things they did and say to yourself is this what I want? Don't I deserve better? Aren't I worth more than this? Don't I want more? Then if that doesn't work, maybe try Mike's way. And hey if THAT dossn't work, maybe my endo will run him over with his car.

Seriously, it's obviously not so easy to get over someone; give it time. Be patient with yourself. And know that you deserve better. And THERE IS BETTER OUT THERE.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:41 AM
FitDay Member

April- WOW! 80 pounds is awesome way to go! That ice cream sounds yummy..I struggle sometimes finding "good" treats to have.

Mern- You are in the green on everything! This is my first week doing weekly goals and it is alot harder that i thought it would be! i am sure once I pull it together I will see results but in just two days I realized things I thought I would just jump in and do every day are real struggles for me!

Nobe- I am hooked on Celebrity Apprentice too! I have watched it before but haven't gotten in to the last few seasons. I was exhausted this last Sunday and so I recorded it but of course my DVR cut out literally the last maybe 3 minutes..the only thing I missed was who went home! It recorded right up to where Trump was getting ready to say it. It is turning out to be a good season though, I wasn't sure if I would like it or not when they announced the cast.

Jeanne- I think know ing that everyone is on the same road, as you said,
is what is most helpful. I have different support systems in my life but its different when you are talking to someone who has really struggled with being overweight. I have a hard time asking for help sometimes so I am working on it. I am usually good at providing support, my friends call me a big care bear I am so overly cheerful sometimes!

Mandy- Good luck on your oral defense! A biology major, I admire you! I am a math major and I am doing ok to get through my science requirements!

So, two days in and I need more hours in the day! I am going to sit down for a minute today in between classes and try to organize a schedule for myself so I can start meeting these goals better. The water has been a tad easier, but when I finally got time in the evening I made(ok, well my husband made me) get up and do my exercise. I played the Wii dance game for 50 minutes and I was sweaty! My husband knows that if I keep saying I need to do something and don't follow through I will come down on myself later so He makes me get up and follow through when he sees me procrastinating! By the time I got done and showered and grabbed dinner, he was asleep and I turned in too, completely avoiding journaling or planning todays food..grrrrr. Today I WILL do all 4 goals!!! no ifs, ands, or buts

1. drink over 100 oz water every day-M:Y, T:Y
2. walk 30 minutes each day-M:Not quite, only about 20 around campus, T:Played wii dance game for 50 minutes
3.Plan food for day the night before-M:Y, T:N
4.journal every day-M:N, T:N

Julie

FitDay Start- Feb 26, 2012
FitDay start weight- 358
4/25/12-334 (24 lbs!)
Long term goal- between 150/160 lbs
Short term goal- Get below 330 during April
Old 04-25-2012, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Freshman30
Health/Fitness
1) Under 1200 calories Y, N
2) 64 oz of water per day (in addition to water consumed during my workout) N, N
3) Workout EVERY morning Y, Y

Home/Life
1) Study Y, Y
2) Study Y, Y
3) Ace my biology oral defense Working on it, ...
4) Finish ALL math homework N, N
5) STUDY Y, Y

Oral defense is today. Basically I stand in a room of people while two or three professors fire difficult biology/chemistry questions at me about an experiment I did. I have to defend my experiments conclusion while explaining all the biological/chemical mechanisms involved in the results.
I don't mind speaking in front of people, but this is nerve racking.
Good luck, honey!!Knock em dead!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.