Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/23/12

Old 04-23-2012, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

Guys... I need life advice.

I'm young and full of feelings and hormones and I need advice on how to handle PD breaking things off. They keep giving me this song and dance about how they need to focus on themselves and that I was too busy for them and that there's nothing wrong with me... but my mind keeps twisting everything into the age old argument of "Well if nothing was wrong with me, then why did you leave?" Now they want to be just friends (and maybe fwb's??) but like... we both dropped the L-bomb, and I don't know how to back up from that.

Do you guys have any advance on getting over people?

Goals:
1. 3L: 1.5
2. Vitamins: Yes
3. 10 miles: 1
4. Take steps to not get overwhelmed: Yes
Old 04-23-2012, 03:22 PM
FitDay Member

Monday Report:

Calorie limit 1500 1219
Total carbs less fiber AVERAGE 25g 24.9g
Fiber AVERAGE 25g 39g
Saturated fat AVERAGE 12% of total calories 9%
Protein AVERAGE 100g per day 106g
Cutting my dietary cholesterol goal in half to a limit of 150mg 58mg

Pre-plan and pre-log a satisfying, healthful evening snack almond butter on celery
Exercise 5 days YES
Water 64 oz. per day YES
Old 04-23-2012, 03:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default Monday

Health/Fitness
1: under 1500 calories M-Th, under 1800 F-Su: 1537
2: make an effort to drink more water: EPIC FAIL
3: 10 miles, weather and sickness permitting (still feeling a smidge under the weather): nope
4: log everything: YES
5: post weight daily: 188.8
6: 1.8% loss (-3.4 lbs)
7: DON'T FALL OFF THE WAGON OVER THE WEEKEND!
8: make a serious effort to keep up with the thread. I've been sucky at the support lately, just been taking and taking THANKS FOR THAT EVERYONE!!!!

The only life goal I have this week is not to kill anyone. We have inventory at work this week, and it's going to be super stressful. Having become PMS's bitch this week, it's going to be iffy as to whether or not I'll actually be successful at this.

Not too bad for a pissy Monday....

Last edited by ToriD1012; 04-24-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:44 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
Follow meal plan Y
Follow Exercise plan Y
No forbidden foods Y
Snack only at designated times Y
Don't overeat Y
Eat slowly Y
Suppress sugar cravings with gum, Y

Life:
Write 4000 words this week, 0
Train kitty cat, 2-3 times a week, N
Don't stress Okayish
Old 04-23-2012, 03:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Guys... I need life advice.

I'm young and full of feelings and hormones and I need advice on how to handle PD breaking things off. They keep giving me this song and dance about how they need to focus on themselves and that I was too busy for them and that there's nothing wrong with me... but my mind keeps twisting everything into the age old argument of "Well if nothing was wrong with me, then why did you leave?" Now they want to be just friends (and maybe fwb's??) but like... we both dropped the L-bomb, and I don't know how to back up from that.

Do you guys have any advance on getting over people?
The best advice I can give is just to get back out there. Life doesn't end. It may feel like it is. There were moments that I didn't know if I could even take the next breath, much less get to the next day. Everyone moves on in their own time. You will too. Thursday was a week to the day that CN officially became the GDMFAHCSPSDBSSOBWBMH, and I went on a blind date this weekend. And actually had a great time! As far as your mind twisting things, that's natural. My mind never stops, and I always come up with "what ifs". But the fact of the matter is, there are always going to be what ifs. I would say don't go the fwb's route. I've been there done that (anyone remember PITA), long run it doesn't work out. Especially if you still have feelings for them. You can't back up from the L-bomb. But, no one says that just because you drop the bomb means you have to be with that person forever and ever amen.

Bright side to your situation....you didn't get called "a warm body until I left"
Old 04-23-2012, 04:01 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
The best advice I can give is just to get back out there. Life doesn't end. It may feel like it is. There were moments that I didn't know if I could even take the next breath, much less get to the next day. Everyone moves on in their own time. You will too. Thursday was a week to the day that CN officially became the GDMFAHCSPSDBSSOBWBMH, and I went on a blind date this weekend. And actually had a great time! As far as your mind twisting things, that's natural. My mind never stops, and I always come up with "what ifs". But the fact of the matter is, there are always going to be what ifs. I would say don't go the fwb's route. I've been there done that (anyone remember PITA), long run it doesn't work out. Especially if you still have feelings for them. You can't back up from the L-bomb. But, no one says that just because you drop the bomb means you have to be with that person forever and ever amen.

Bright side to your situation....you didn't get called "a warm body until I left"
Tori, I'm saving your response to reference back to. I just get so caught up in the details sometimes and worry about constantly being "too busy" for people because I'm going to be going non-stop until I can't anymore, and by then I'll be old and with 500 cats...
Old 04-23-2012, 04:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Tori, I'm saving your response to reference back to. I just get so caught up in the details sometimes and worry about constantly being "too busy" for people because I'm going to be going non-stop until I can't anymore, and by then I'll be old and with 500 cats...
nuthin wrong with being the crazy cat lady
Old 04-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

GDMFAHCSPSDBSSOBWBMH
OUCH!

nuthin wrong with being the crazy cat lady
True that.

Glad to see you back, mh. You'll get through this, pick it up, and move it on, and someday somebody will recognize how lucky they are to have you ladies.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:14 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
OUCH!
well, I figured if I couldn't settle on just one, why not put them all together? Packs quite a punch.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
someday somebody will recognize how lucky they are to have you ladies.
so true! cause we're both chock full of awesomeness!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 05:18 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hello all! My first full week with you. My goals...

1. Spin class two days
2. Bikram yoga three days
3. Train for 5K 3 days
4. Keep calories at 1200 (+/- 100) each day
5. Drink my water! 4L each day
6. Put away 4 baskets of never ending pile of laundry
7. Journal every night for at least 5 minutes
8. Meditate each day at least 20 minutes
9. Shampoo carpets
10. Move sectional downstairs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.