Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Looking for text support buddies with more than 100lbs to lose :) >

Looking for text support buddies with more than 100lbs to lose :)

Community
Notices

Looking for text support buddies with more than 100lbs to lose :)

Old 04-17-2012, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Looking for text support buddies with more than 100lbs to lose :)

Hi everyone! I have been using this site since february but today is the first day coming over to the discussion boards. i am looking for people who have over 100 lbs to lose (I am down 20 but have 170 to go!) who are texters I am a texter and great at giving daily support or an ear. I want to be able to have that in return myself i was thinking if we form a support chain it is another method of both support and accountability for our journey. Instead of picking up the cookie pick up your phone and shoot a quick message out....sometimes just getting it off my mind helps me..but this way we can recieve support back randomly when the other person/people reply thru the day. Or it would just be nice to get a "Stay on track today!" text. Anyone interested?
Old 04-18-2012, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

I wouldn't mind having a buddy like this but really don't like just giving out my number online to someone that I don't know.

You might have better luck with this if you joined in on some conversations in the forum and got to know some people and then once you have made some friends tried to get into the texting support thing.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the feedback! I was planning on getting involved in more threads this weekend when I have a chance to sit down ..my mon-thurs can be hectic and its hard sometimes to get my food entered into my journal (although i am getting better!) I understand your hesitation, guess I was trying to do to much at once haha

**On a side note, way to go on your progress so far!
Old 04-18-2012, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much for commenting on my progress. It has been a slow and somewhat steady progress and I will take any that I can get. This week I have finally gotten to the 75lbs lost mark. As long as I stay under it until Monday I will update my signature! It feels awesome! Now about 60-75lbs to go. I don't have a weight goal in mind, more of a size & feeling goal.

What are some goals that you have set for yourself? I like to start out small. Like 5 lbs by a certain date. And I always have a goal to drink 100 oz of water a day. I keep a goal to remind me not to salt my food as sodium slows my weight loss.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=wildbeanerz;79196]Thank you so much for commenting on my progress. It has been a slow and somewhat steady progress and I will take any that I can get. This week I have finally gotten to the 75lbs lost mark. As long as I stay under it until Monday I will update my signature! It feels awesome! Now about 60-75lbs to go. I don't have a weight goal in mind, more of a size & feeling goal.

What are some goals that you have set for yourself? I like to start out small. Like 5 lbs by a certain date. And I always have a goal to drink 100 oz of water a day. I keep a goal to remind me not to salt my food as sodium slows my weight loss.[/QUOT

I really think slower steady progress and patience are the thru "secret" to losing weight. So hard to stick to sometimes though! I am just now thinking about small goals for myself, i think part of the reason io have failed so many times before is I overwhelm myslef with to many challenges at once..food, exercise, etc...and then get depressed when i didnt see immediate results. This time I started with food only..making better choices and tracking it. Then I added in small walks and then the treadmill and longer walks. Now that I feel comfortable with both of those being added to my daily life I am starting goals and challenges. Right now i am going to set it at 10 pound increments.
I have to really keep water by myself all day to get down 100 oz. i feel so much better when I do, but it's easy to forget. I am watching my sodium as well, I have never been a table salter but I was amazed at the amount of sodium is in the food we eat already. Ive done pretty good the last week on keeping it under or around 2400 mg but all it takes sometimes is not paying attention and that can double.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

I really think slower steady progress and patience are the thru "secret" to losing weight. So hard to stick to sometimes though! I am just now thinking about small goals for myself, i think part of the reason io have failed so many times before is I overwhelm myslef with to many challenges at once..food, exercise, etc...and then get depressed when i didnt see immediate results. This time I started with food only..making better choices and tracking it. Then I added in small walks and then the treadmill and longer walks. Now that I feel comfortable with both of those being added to my daily life I am starting goals and challenges. Right now i am going to set it at 10 pound increments.
I have to really keep water by myself all day to get down 100 oz. i feel so much better when I do, but it's easy to forget. I am watching my sodium as well, I have never been a table salter but I was amazed at the amount of sodium is in the food we eat already. Ive done pretty good the last week on keeping it under or around 2400 mg but all it takes sometimes is not paying attention and that can double.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Slow and steady allows for those little ups and downs and learning to keep it off along the way for me. I wouldn't want to lose it all really fast because I wouldn't be sure what I had to do for that happen and wouldn't have learned how to keep it off in the end.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Jnelson! I like your idea of having someone to text to help keep you on track. Exspecially on the days one finds them self craving the sweet's, or they just can't seem to quite snaking once they start. I'm also like Wildbeanrz when it comes to giving out my number. I think starting this board was a good first step. Once we get to know/feel comfortable chatting on here, then sharing numbers will be easier.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

Location: Born in Deutschland Now I reside in the East Coast of the USA
Default Interested!

I have exactly 103 lbs to go. message me?