Notices

Climbing back on the horse!

Old 04-17-2012, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Climbing back on the horse!

I have totally fallen off of the wagon. I had lost 30 pounds and was journaling every day. Several months ago I just stopped and I have gained it all back. My summer clothes don't fit and I am depressed that I allowed this to happen again. I am going to get back with the program but would appreciate LOTS of support.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Shuleran, if you are looking for a lot of support, check out the 7-day thread stickied at the top of this section. Many of us check in daily or several times a day, post goals, and motivate each other. No rules or requirements, though; it's up to each person what they want to get out of it. Hope to see you over there!
Old 04-17-2012, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

I am in the same boat with you. I started 6 weeks ago and I only lost 3 pounds. This time it's take very slow because I got a bad plantar faciitis and I can't do most cardio unless in the water.
But you know what, I learn my lesson. I will stick with it this time. And I know I can do it.
So can you.
Mai
Old 04-17-2012, 12:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Shuleran
I have totally fallen off of the wagon. I had lost 30 pounds and was journaling every day. Several months ago I just stopped and I have gained it all back. My summer clothes don't fit and I am depressed that I allowed this to happen again. I am going to get back with the program but would appreciate LOTS of support.
Summer's a good time to lose weight. The heat will help you not to be as hungry and there are no major holidays to get in the way as long as you don't overeat on cookouts/barbecue.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:06 PM
FitDay Member

Default Totally with you!

First of all, super congratulations on losing all that weight in the first place, that is a huge accomplishment. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself about back-sliding a little bit, it happens to everyone. The important thing is to get right back on and start making progress again. Also, you might want to re-evaluate your plan. Was it too demanding? Or too difficult to maintain? I would try to find the reason you fell off, so you can prevent it from happening again. Good luck!!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

Shuleran - you can do it. This place will help. Just by counting the calories, you will think about your food choices.

Remember - it's a lifelong process.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Thanks

Thanks for the support. I feel that this site and journaling is the reason I lost the weight last year. It didnt feel to demanding and I journaled every morsel for 5 months. I then went on vacation at a summer camp with my child and I had to eat what was served three meals a day for 1 week. There was no WiFi to journal and that one simple week was the end of all of my work. It has taken me 9 months to gain it back, but gain it back I did. I have put off starting again because I knew how hard it was the first time and I had multiple excuses to wait a 'few more days' before I was starting. Well, now is the time!!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:16 AM
FitDay Member

You are so right... Now is the time! There is no better time than NOW! If you have to restart each day, do it. Each meal? Do it! You can do this!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

That journal DOES provide a constant, a proof, and a support, all in one. Total honesty is what is needed to journal. YOU are worth total honesty OF yourself TO yourself.