FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/7177-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-4-16-12-a.html)

Lizards13 04-15-2012 09:55 PM

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12

Hope I got that date right as we write it differently over here.
Thought I'd try starting us off but if anyone else wants to hit the go button, feel free.
This week I am ALL in. Not only will I post my goals but I will list my progress too.

GOALS

1 stay below 1200 per day

2 No alcohol until Palma on 28 Apr

3 30 min brisk walk at least 5 days this week plus some ab crunches every day.

Otherwise just shake things up and get out of this low that I seem to be in.

Have a great Monday everyone

ToriD1012 04-16-2012 01:20 AM

I'm in. Not sure how well I'll do this week, but I'm determined to try. Goals are going to be simple, not sure I can handle anything other than simple right now.

Health/Fitness
1: keep calories under 1600
2: 48 oz water daily
3: walk 10 miles
4: log everything
5: post weight daily
6: lose 2%

I have a feeling #6 is going to be the toughest. I haven't actually lost weight in weeks. More times than not I've gained a pound or two.

This weekend was horrible to say the least. I ate like crap, not sure if I actually drank any water and cried pretty much all day yesterday. I think reality has finally set in, and it's going to be a really rough go. I'm not going to let it break me, but right now that's pretty much how I feel.

Will check in later.

quinnesec 04-16-2012 01:20 AM

I'm in as well. Stuck to my plan all weekend, which is a HUGE improvement for me. Really motivated to get back down to my summer weight. I have stuck to a very strict plan since Easter, so maybe I've finally turned the corner. Didn't make my 4/16 goal. I sort of ran into the ditch because I turned Easter Sunday into an entire weekend. :mad: Although delayed, I will make my goal after my slight detour. ;)

This week:

1. Calories below 1200.
2. Take all vitamins and supplements.
3. No bread, cheese or spreads M-F.
4. Minimum 3 fruits or vegetables daily.

Personal:

1. Practice patience.
2. Balance checkbook... why do I hate this SO much??
3. Package and send university paperwork by Friday.

jeannedehart 04-16-2012 02:00 AM

I'm in. It's Monday and a new week and a bit of adjustments to the goals. Until I master a goal for the complete week, they will stay as goals. This will be a good week!

[U]Health & Wellness Goals[/U
]1. Calories under 1000
2. Walk / exercise everyday
3. Drink 150 oz of water /tea every day
4. Meals at regular time
5. To bed by 11 pm

Other Goals
1. Set up fabric shelf
2. Finish quilt project for Saturday's group
3. Dishes everyday
4. Complete 1 overdue job at work this week
5. Put in 5 hours on 2010 data entry for taxes

I hate to admit it but I haven't filed my 2010 taxes yet. I'm ready to file 2011 but I need to finish 2010 first. I have a good 40 hours of prep work to get them ready to file. Time to put the time in to get them done!

Tori - Hang in there. Pick yourself up and keep moving forward. Get out everyday and do something for yourself - go to a movie, go shopping, take a drive or walk, call a friend you haven't heard from in a while, go feed the ducks. Don't look back and know that he is the one losing out here. I know it hurts, cherish what you had and move on. Hugs to you today!

canary52 04-16-2012 02:07 AM

Not sure I can stick with it because DD and I are going to see the last college she is considering and then we are all going to make a decision. We went to a reception yesterday which wound up being another info session, identical to the one we had already seen. Much as I have loved the college visits, I think even I am getting sick of this and I know DD is stressed about making a decision.
I tend to make sketchy food choices when I am away. Plus coming off Passover, I feel like I am "owed" food I couldn't have even if I don't normally eat it all in one week. For example, I see a dragon roll (shrimp tempura sushi with crab on top) in my future. But I will try. Gotta do that at least. Yesterday I ate my fatigue so it is no surprise the scale showed it.

Tori, I am so sorry to hear what's been going on with you and I hope that this week is a better one for you.

Good job, Quinn! Keep up the determination!!! You'll get results!!! I also know you can feel where I am re the whole college thing.

Lizzie thanks for starting us off.

Goals:
1) what else? water, 6 glasses of it minimum
2) calories 1650 of em maximum
3) stretch stretch strech
4) sleep, may be my hardest goal of all
5) try not to worry and obsess, NO this one is the hardest

cjohnson728 04-16-2012 02:44 AM

I'm in with same goals for this week; non-health-related goals changing though. Last week I'm proud to say I met my 8 hour exercise goal despite being crazy busy. I'm hoping I can get it again this week. I think it may have backfired, though, because I was sooo hungry this past weekend! Overall, though, my weekend was amazingly productive, so I'm thankful for that.

1. Calories 1300 or fewer.
2. Exercise 8 hours.
3. Drink at least 2 big sports bottles water per day.
4. Sleep at least 7 hours per night.
5. Follow my pie chart rules.
6. Log everything and check in daily.
7. Take all vitamins and supplements.

8. Log remits and billing.
9. Back up hard drive.
10. Clean out emails.

I just spent 2 hours in traffic; there was a fatality on the main artery I take to get to the office I'm at one day per week, and the long way around was also gridlocked. I'm a little fried right now.

Wishing you all a wonderful and successful week :).

Jho82 04-16-2012 02:56 AM

Health/Fitness
1. Drink min 80oz of WATER!!
2. Wake up early before my monsters wake up! (seriously)!!
3. PM workout Mon/Wed/Fri(at least)!!
4. Min 60 crunches/day!
5. 5 Pushups (straight leg)/ 10 pushups (knees)!
6. Calories below 1300/day!
7. Don't crash and burn on the weekend! WEEKEND WARRIORS UNITE!!!

Family/Lifestyle
1. Take kids outside OR work on crafts min 1 hr/day (specified time: 10:30am)!!
2. Encourage hubby to workout!
3. Work on Mom's Scrapbook 1hr/day!

Home
1. Sell it.
2. Sell it.
3. Clean it.
4. Sell it.

Well - lets just say that I kinda went on a food bender.... I knew this would happen if I got on the scales! I was happy to see the loss but it just went downhill after that (oh I lost some weight so I can cheat a little here and a little there and then it just went all to S$^&!) Lesson learned - NO MORE SCALE! Clearly I was doing something right before. I probably gained it all back - it was bad....

MOVING FORWARD - ITS A NEW WEEK! AND I'M BACK (AND YES I'M YELLING AT MYSELF ONCE AGIAN) :) LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I missed quite a bit last week.... (sorry)

Mern - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Tori - stay strong - you can always count on us for support

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!! Glad to be back!

01gt4.6 04-16-2012 02:56 AM

Guess who's back ladies?!?!?!

I got to meet with mh yesterday when she was in NOLA.:D

I've been busy AND off the wagon and now I'm fat agian. I'm tipping the scales at 183.2 pounds.

Health and Fitness

My goals will be Mon-Friday because Saturday I'll be boiling 800-900 pounds of crawfish for the Hospice foundation... sounds like a RAK to me! ;) j/k

Health and Fitness
1) 2% challenge! (drop 2% of my body weight by Friday, -3.66 pounds)
2) work out 2 times
3) bench press 280 pounds
4) walk 10 miles
5) 4 serving of fruit and veggies
6) all my daily vitamis, etc

Other
7) write 3 auto policies (or $4k in premium)
8) have fun Saturday

01gt4.6 04-16-2012 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 78959)
This weekend was horrible to say the least. I ate like crap, not sure if I actually drank any water and cried pretty much all day yesterday. I think reality has finally set in, and it's going to be a really rough go. I'm not going to let it break me, but right now that's pretty much how I feel.

You got this. Keep your head up and smile. It makes people wonder what kind of evil you are up to.;)

Originally Posted by Jho82 (Post 78972)
Health/Fitness
1. Drink min 100 oz of WATER!!
2. Wake up early before my monsters wake up! (seriously)!!
3. PM workout Mon/Wed/Fri(at least)!!
4. Min 60 crunches/day!
5. 5 Pushups (straight leg)/ 10 pushups (knees)!
6. Calories below 1300/day!
7. Don't crash and burn on the weekend! WEEKEND WARRIORS UNITE!!!

Family/Lifestyle
1. Take kids outside OR work on crafts min 1 hr/day (specified time: 10:30am)!!
2. Encourage hubby to workout!
3. Work on Mom's Scrapbook 1hr/day!

Home
1. Sell it.
2. Sell it.
3. Clean it.
4. Sell it.

How long has your house been on the market? Any good offers? Oh you got 100oz of water this week!

nobe 04-16-2012 03:44 AM

I'm in. Same goals as last week.

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650)
2) do 2 out of 3 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons)
3) 20% protein minimum
4) 72oz water minimum
5) calorie deficit 600+
6) take vitamins
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice)
8) log all spending daily

almeeker 04-16-2012 03:49 AM

Hey, I'm back, toes in the water anyway. Last week I planned a quick full plunge into the diet, but I failed to launch. So this week I'm dipping the toes in, and planning a baby step approach. Otherwise life is fine, no earth shattering trauma/drama just really busy and took a few weeks off calorie duty. I'll post goals later, I'm on my phone.

wildbeanerz 04-16-2012 04:54 AM

Lizzie ... Thanks for getting us started! Hope you get out of your funk!

Quinn ... Glad to see you aren't letting your missed goal get you down. You will get it even if a bit delayed! :)

Tori ... Hugs girl! I have something to say that is a bit different than everyone else's so you may or may not want to hear it. I'll put it in white so you can skip it if you want....Do you still really love him despite what he said? Remember when he was getting ready to leave and he tried to hurt you so that you wouldn't wait for him? Could this be the same thing? It doesn't excuse him for acting like an ass. But is he trying to let you go so that you aren't stuck with him when he returns and isn't quite 'the man he used to be'? It's just a different perspective that I have after having a husband who was disabled for about 10 yrs after a car accident. I hope it doesn't offend you.

Cassie ... 8 hrs of exercise! Holy cow! You go girl! LOL

Hope ... Sounds like even though the process is daunting that you and DD are getting in some much needed quality time before she goes off to school.

Jeanne ... 1000 calories per day is a pretty strict limit. I couldn't personally ever hold to that but if you can, more power to ya!

Mike ... Oh, you're back? Did you run out of gas in the bike or what?

Nobe ... How many more days of walking do you have planned for your dad?

Amy ... Glad to see you back. I have missed your humor while you were gone!

nobe 04-16-2012 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 78990)
Nobe ... How many more days of walking do you have planned for your dad?

Hopefully just today and tomorrow. If he asks me to do any more I may have to shoot myself. Not so much because of the walking (I'm sure the quarter-sized blisters on the balls of my feet would disagree) but because dealing with the whole thing is a giant pain in the butt. I'm getting guilt trips from all directions and it sucks. I think I'll just tell him I don't have any more time after tomorrow.

terrienne 04-16-2012 05:01 AM

I'm sticking with the same goals this week as well. A busy weekend is coming up so I'll see what actually happens Thur.- Sat. but gonna try.

I have some sweet successes that I need to share. I weighed in today. (I only weigh in on Mondays). I lost 4.4 pounds this past week! I have noticed that every month at TOM I lose a couple of more pounds that week than the other weeks of the month. If my calorie deficit says it should be about 1.5-2 pounds lost it actually ends up around 3.5-4.5 pounds. I guess I burn more calories during my TOM. Does this happen to others?

But really, the best part is that with 41 pounds lost I am officially halfway to my goal weight! I can't remember the last time I was in the 170s, but it has been at least 6 years, maybe longer.

Yesterday I put on an old favorite size 16 skirt (that was too tight in Dec.) and it was loose. Also, I recently found a pair of workout pants on clearance so I picked them up even though I knew they would be too small to wear yet. I didn't even try them on until I got home. They were a size 12/14. I put them on this weekend and they fit! I'm sure they are roomier than a 12/14 jeans, but cool nonetheless.

Health Goals:
1- Exercise 5 days
2- Drink 80 oz water daily
3- Keep a minimum 600 calorie daily deficit
4- Get 7 hours of sleep each night
5- Practice clogging dance 3 times this week

Personal:
1- Do a spring cleaning/organizing project this week
2- Read a book 3 times this week.
3- Help daughter with violin practice.

wildbeanerz 04-16-2012 05:07 AM

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz water daily
2. No added salt
3. No snacks after 8pm except 2 sugar free popsicles (my addiction)
4. Walk on lunches unless raining
5. Shred 3 days this week (will finish the course)
6. Weigh and post daily M: 256.6lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Clean out fish bowl in office
2. Clip dog's nails
3. Get out flower pots
4. Read something!

This weekend was awesome! I am sorry that I wasn't here to talk and update my goals. I hit low weights both days on the weekend (sat: 254.6, sun: 254.8) but this morning was up 2lbs. That is okay it's TOTM (started Saturday). Our older son got invited to go to a cabin for the weekend with his aunt & cousin so our younger asked to go to his grams. They left before we were home from work friday and didn't come home until @3pm sunday. Hubby and I had the whole weekend to ourselves for the first time since before the almost 14 yr old was born! We have had single nights but not a whole weekend. We made dinner at home (philly chicken meat on a salad) then went shopping. I bought two new sweaters. We ran a few other errands we needed to do. Saturday morning we got up. I made us omelettes and scrapple. Hubby went to do some running and I went to a second hand store (bought 2 cute skirts!) and came back home to clean the bathrooms and run the sweeper and do laundry. Hubby did some work on his tractor when he came home instead of interrupting my cleaning LOL. He wanted BLTs for dinner about 2 but I ate a salad with 2 strips of bacon to his BLTs. We then watched an episode of Grey's Anatomy on the laptop. GOt showered and went to the dairy for ice cream (OMG!!) and out to the drive-in for 2 movies. I slept through the second one :) Sunday was out to eat for breakfast and some more errands. Then we got home and I tackled another forsynthia shrub until the kids came home and hubby was doing oil changes and things he needed to work on.

Sorry for all the boring details, it was just the most perfect weekend in a long time. Not just because the kids weren't home either. It just seemed that we were so in touch with each other. It was nothing really special but it was us, just being us and that is so important to have after over 19 yrs together.

Well....I'm off for my walk. Gotta close this so my back-up doesn't see it. My desk has to have a person at it at all times. So someone covers my lunches at my desk.

01gt4.6 04-16-2012 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 78990)
Mike ... Oh, you're back? Did you run out of gas in the bike or what?

No, I have a full tank... it's raining so I figured I'd grace you with my presence. ;)

nobe 04-16-2012 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by terrienne (Post 78994)
I have some sweet successes that I need to share. I weighed in today. (I only weigh in on Mondays). I lost 4.4 pounds this past week! I have noticed that every month at TOM I lose a couple of more pounds that week than the other weeks of the month. If my calorie deficit says it should be about 1.5-2 pounds lost it actually ends up around 3.5-4.5 pounds. I guess I burn more calories during my TOM. Does this happen to others?

I noticed that the first couple of months - I'd have a huge drop around that time when I thought I would be up. This last one I was up a pound, though. But I think there were other factors (burgers) involved.

nobe 04-16-2012 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 78996)
weekend was awesome! I am sorry that I wasn't here to talk and update my goals. I hit low weights both days on the weekend (sat: 254.6, sun: 254.8) but this morning was up 2lbs. That is okay it's TOTM (started Saturday). Our older son got invited to go to a cabin for the weekend with his aunt & cousin so our younger asked to go to his grams. They left before we were home from work friday and didn't come home until @3pm sunday. Hubby and I had the whole weekend to ourselves for the first time since before the almost 14 yr old was born! We have had single nights but not a whole weekend. We made dinner at home (philly chicken meat on a salad) then went shopping. I bought two new sweaters. We ran a few other errands we needed to do. Saturday morning we got up. I made us omelettes and scrapple. Hubby went to do some running and I went to a second hand store (bought 2 cute skirts!) and came back home to clean the bathrooms and run the sweeper and do laundry. Hubby did some work on his tractor when he came home instead of interrupting my cleaning LOL. He wanted BLTs for dinner about 2 but I ate a salad with 2 strips of bacon to his BLTs. We then watched an episode of Grey's Anatomy on the laptop. GOt showered and went to the dairy for ice cream (OMG!!) and out to the drive-in for 2 movies. I slept through the second one :) Sunday was out to eat for breakfast and some more errands. Then we got home and I tackled another forsynthia shrub until the kids came home and hubby was doing oil changes and things he needed to work on.

Sorry for all the boring details, it was just the most perfect weekend in a long time. Not just because the kids weren't home either. It just seemed that we were so in touch with each other. It was nothing really special but it was us, just being us and that is so important to have after over 19 yrs together.

That sounds like a great weekend. I can't remember the last time hubby and I did anything just the two of us, even for a couple of hours. I think it was about a year ago, we went secondhand shopping without the kiddo. Even doing things with the kiddo that don't involve work or errands is rare.

canary52 04-16-2012 05:32 AM

Terrie, you have done awesome! When I had my TOTM I found I went in the opposite direction as you. It woud freak me out sometimes how much I gained (8lbs, WTF??!!??) but it went off when TOTM ended.

April, your weekend sounds awesome. And I know that when you're togther for years, a romantic wekeend might jsut mean raking the lawn!!! But no matter what, it is so good when couples get in synch, isn't it? You guys were in "the zone:" the no kids zone.

Gosh it's gonna be weird when DD goes to school.

I am almost superstitious to say, but things have been going much better with DD. What a change between this year and last. But as I said, I am almost scared to say that. And yeah we have been getting in some good time together which I'm gonna need cause I'm gonna be awreck when she goes. OMG...

So, Mike, the weather brought you back to us, huh? I laughed when April said did the bike run out of gas. Well whatever the reason, glad to have you back.

Gotta say some of you are really shaming me on the water drinking. I almost feel like I should make my minimum 8 glasses but sometimes I have trouble just doing the 6. That's cause I'm a "little sipper." DH and DD make fun of me because they are both big gluggers. And on that note...

Lizards13 04-16-2012 05:52 AM

April So glad you had such a great weekend, you so deserve it. Sometimes it's all about just being together, doing normal kinda things, but on your own, no kids to interrupt or need stuff doing. With me it would be good getting together with no Blackberry or phone calls from his work.

Tori. Sorry that you're hurting, really want to see that madcap girl back on here, but in your own time.

GOALS

1 stay below 1200 per day Y

2 No alcohol until Palma on 28 Apr Y

3 30 min brisk walk at least 5 days this week plus some ab crunches every day. Y

From last week's goals - I finally finished my TEFL course and got my certificate with a distinction.

Jho82 04-16-2012 07:00 AM

I know its only Monday but I will be checking in OFTEN (hope you don't get sick of me!!) I need to get back on track and I need the motivation back that I had last month!!!!!!!

April – your weekend sounds amazing – thank you for the “boring” details – makes me feel like I’m not the only one who actually enjoys getting some things done when the munchkins are gone! Not that mine go away very often but I have the odd afternoon to myself sometimes! Its so nice to hear that you connected with hubby – it def takes work when you have so many other things on the go! I LOVE Greys!

Mike – not sure if my bladder can handle 100 oz quite yet! Gimme one more week at 80 and I’ll tackle it next week! I haven’t been keeping track today but I can judge that I’m getting plenty by the frequent trips to the washroom! I will work on it though….we shall see what happens! May need to cash in my coupons for Depends! ;) The house has been on the market since last July - its a 6.5 hobby farm that just needs the right buyer - I'm so frustrated. Hubby is optimistic but I am not. We had 3 couples thru the open house yesterday with minimal feedback - If we are going to sell now is the time - tell your friends they should move to Canada and buy this house!

Mern 04-16-2012 07:30 AM

Just buzzing by for a sec--in between driving runs to three different places with the grandkids with just one car because my car is acting strangely today and I'm afraid to drive it.

To all: the prayers and good vibes to God and the universe for my granddaughter's issue are so much appreciated. Thanks and hugs to all of you.

Jho and others praying for my granddaughter's issue. Thanks. It'll be a
couple weeks or more before we know how severe the consequences will
be. I'll just tell you what is going on. Long story short, my 10 year old
granddaughter got into a spat with a neighorhood boy with whom she was
playing in his house. Her story is that she tried to kick him in the leg, and
accidentally kicked him in the testicles. His story is that she kicked him
there deliberately. Even though his mother did not witness what happened
and did not see the need to take him to the doctor or hospital, she called
our township police. The next day the boy was running around the school
and neighborhood playing, but even if the mother does not follow through
with her promise to press assault charges against my granddaughter, she
already has been referred to juvenile court by the police department
because of their zero tolerance for juvenile "fighting." I totally agree my
granddaughter should be punished with appropriate severity, but her
mother could have handled that quite effectively with input considered
from the boy's mother. Maybe I'm too close to the subject, but it seems taking the matter to juvenile court is excessive and now my granddaughter sees police as mean and unfair instead of as her protectors.

Fell off the wagon yesterday but am back on. Will try to post goals later.

wildbeanerz 04-16-2012 07:45 AM

Jho ... I love Grey's too! Hubby accomodates me with that, Desperate Housewives & Private Practice. We watch them later on my laptop because during their regular air times he likes to watch Ax Men, Swamp People, etc. And I watch those along with him too ;)

Mern ... What a touchy situation. I do think she shouldn't have gone so far with it. So many people are all about suing & pressing charges instead of acting civil towards other people nowadays. That's my view anyway.

Lizzie ... That's the only thing we didn't have is freedom from phone calls. And when it is your son on the phone you can't very well ignore it. What if they really do need something. :rolleyes:

Hope ... I think I know how you are feeling. It will be nice to see her get on with her life and away from what may have been causing her such trouble in the past but it is so hard to watch them get ready to leave. They are ready and scared all at the same time. I have a few years yet and I hope they don't pass too quickly.

Terrie ... I wish....really really wish that I would lose weight during TOTM. I am actually up 2lbs today due to that. Has to be since I didn't overeat yesterday and spent over 2 hrs doing hard yard work. Ugh! I hate Mother Nature!

Mike ... Good thing for a rainy day or you may forget your way back here!

Jho82 04-16-2012 08:24 AM

Oh Mern - that sounds horrible and way too harsh for 10 yr olds! Poor thing :(

April - The only show my hubby really can't stand is the Bachelor but I am literally obsessed with it! As if watching Cosmo reruns isn't enough, I have the countdown on - May 14th baby!! Seems so far away....

My very first Spaghetti squash is on the menu tonight! So excited to try it - I should start a new thread about my adventures with new recipes!! OH and Braydon just ate half of a cucumber WWWHHHAAATTT!!?? :D

cjohnson728 04-16-2012 08:25 AM

Mern, I am so sorry that a squabble between kids turned into such high drama. I agree; there are a number of ways that the situation could have been handled without involving authorities. Many things are taken way too seriously these days, and some, IMO, not seriously enough. Common sense is often lacking.

I'm not an attorney, but my primary work is with the Juvenile Court and I can honestly say that in the 11 years I've been in this area, I've never seen a 10-year old reap any severe legal consequences. I know you are in a different state, but I'm hoping it works the same way in your area. Here, the most that they would do would be to send the case through mediation at the court, which resolves the issue without trials, charges, probation, etc. And every probation officer I know would be rolling his/her eyes at the absurdity of having this in the court system to begin with. Generally, there are much bigger fish to fry than to spend resources on something like this...especially at such a young age.

I am glad to hear it was not at school, because their policies are very strict, and their consequences are likewise. I really hope that this works out all right for you and your family. Continuing prayers and hugs. Congrats for getting back on the wagon!

Tunnrida 04-16-2012 08:27 AM

next rwo weeks are level 3 with Jillian starting from tomorrow.
and I am off potatos still

canary52 04-16-2012 09:19 AM

I am with you guys and with you, Mern. This is waaaaay too severe and a waste of court and police time. Are we going to mediate every childhood dispute and fight? Plus the mom said she didn't even see what happened. No one says there should be no consequences but for goodness sake!!!

canary52 04-16-2012 09:24 AM

April, my DD always said she wanted to get as far away as possible. Now that the time is coming closer to leave, she is feeling differently, I know. And I am a nervous wreck. And yet I can only hope that this will be a good stage of life for her. And yeah I think it will be good for her to get away for many reasons, not the least of which are some of her friends, who are basically good kids but many of whom have very tough and unstable family lives. As I said, she has come a looooong way. She still has a long way to go and my worries are not over. She, for example, thinks it is SO unfair that I will not allow her, an inexperienced driver, to drive her friends to Warped Tour in a different state this summer. I know, I know, I am SOOOOOOO unreasonable. Why can't I just get with the program and allow her to do whatever she wants? Yeeesh, Mom. So unfair. I am RUINING her life over this don't you know.

Jho, 100 oz is A LOT of water. But then again, I am still trying to choke down 48 oz so maybe I am not the best judge. Still, 80 sounds pretty good to me!!!

Mern 04-16-2012 11:11 AM

Thanks for your understanding and encouragement, my friends. It would have been a little easier to accept had the mother at least let my daughter know her son was kicked and she was calling the police. She wanted the police to take my 10 year old granddaughter to the juvenile detention center right then and there on her son's word against my granddaughter's as to what happened, without my daughter being notified there was a problem so she could be present when my granddaughter was questioned.

Cassie, yes, thanks, we knew it was a good thing she didn't kick a kid at school. The police are always called in that circumstance to protect the kids from bullies and the school board from law suits--I can accept it just about has to be that way at school. The offending child is taken to the police station and the parents summoned there before charges or referrals to juvenile court are filed.

In view of her admission that she did mean to kick him in the leg, I think some sort of age-appropriate not fun community service ordered by a mediator (like pulling weeds, picking up trash, or washing dishes) is in order. Making her scared of police is not the answer...

OK, I'm still on the wagon, although I didn't exercise today. I may do it later--may help to relieve some tension.

Enough about me--I'm off to read today's posts to find out what's going on in YOUR world. Er, uhm, I'm not the only one who needs support.

ToriD1012 04-16-2012 11:14 AM

omg y'all, I sucked it UP this evening. I forced myself outside to walk. 3/4 of a mile into it my asthma started flaring up on me. Of course, it's not MY fault at all, for reasons that will remain nameless on a fitness site :o But, I will say that it's (the unnamed reason my asthma is kicking my butt tonight) the one thing that has kept me from going homicidal. I wound up doing 1.5......at a snails pace. I think my final time was something like 25 minutes :eek:. For a lousy 1.5 miles!!! At this rate I'll never get 10 in.

cjohnson728 04-16-2012 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 79024)
She wanted the police to take my 10 year old granddaughter to the juvenile detention center right then and there on her son's word against my granddaughter's as to what happened, without my daughter being notified there was a problem so she could be present when my granddaughter was questioned.

Who thinks that way?? Honestly!! Sounds like that family may have some issues, that they're jumping straight to overkill.

Tori, glad to see you posted, and that you made an effort to get out and be active. You did it, good girl.

Jho82 04-16-2012 12:01 PM

Great job Tori!!! Amazing! :)

Mern 04-16-2012 12:14 PM

Lizzie, yup, you got the date right. :) I've been in my own little world for several days. What is Palma on the 28th? Nice goals this week--wishing you total success!

Tori, nice, simple goals except for the 2%. I read some about CN--so sorry. Huge hugs for now along with wishes for tons of future happiness. Kudos on your walk and I hope you keeps that asthma under control.

Quinn, great job sticking with your plan all weekend. Kudos on being back on the wagon and headed to your 4/30 goal. You can do it!

Jeanne, I couldn't last a day under 1000 calories. I'm a big weenie! Best wishes on your weight loss and on getting those taxes done and filed.

Hope, so glad your college visits are done. Best wishes on your decision. LOL on feeling like you're "owed" food. I totally understand that feeling. Best wishes on all your goals, especially #5. I'm one gal that's not shaming you on water intake.

Cassie! Whoa, I missed that! Kudos on the 8 hours of exercise last week and on your amazingly productive weekend! So sad about the fatality on the main artery. Batting back to you the wish for a wonderful and successful week. :)

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 79026)
Who thinks that way?? Honestly!! Sounds like that family may have some issues, that they're jumping straight to overkill.

Yeah, maybe something happened in the woman's past that makes her overreact to such extremes. Maybe she and her family need my prayers rather than my disdain. Honestly, I've been so aggravated and so hurt for my granddaughter that I didn't even stop to think of that.

Tunnrida, best wishes on level 3 with Jillian. Kudos on staying off the potatoes.

Jho, I love seeing your friendly face in your avatar. :) Can't tell ya how many times I lost weight and thought I could afford to cheat a little here and there. Yup, we know what to do and how to do it--just gotta stick with what we know. We'll both resolve to make this a good week. Ah, your prayers are soooooo appreciated. Thanks. Hey, we won't get sick of you. LOL but not kidding. Logging in often when I can helps keep me motivated, too. So cool that Braydon ate cucumber. :D Best wishes with your spaghetti squash recipe. I think I overcook that or something. I'm a veggie lover but haven't made recipes with spaghetti squash that I wanted to repeat. I need to try it again.

Mike, so neat you got to meet mh in Nola. You know how to get that weight back off and you will. You're such a sweetie cooking for Hospice again. They're so lucky to have you in their corner.

Nobe, good to see you again. I'll be rooting for you.

Amy, there you are! I thought you got stuck in a rabbit cage! Welcome back. Baby steps are so smart.

April, like many of our pals here, you are always so supportive despite having a full plate of life issues yourself. Huge hug to ya. OMG, I am just thrilled that you had such a wonderful kid free weekend and quality time with DH. "...so in touch with each other." That is so cool! Best wishes on your goals this week.

Terrie, kudos on the 4.4 lb. loss! Interesting about losing more weight during TOM. At 65, I don't get visits from either Tom or Aunt Flo, so I don't share your extra calorie burning experience Also, kudos on being half way through your weight loss goal and into the 170s and skinnier clothes. Fabulous!

nobe 04-16-2012 12:34 PM

Whoa, Mern, that story is insane! I remember fighting with neighbourhood kids, and it was no big deal to anyone. I mean, I was a shy wimp, but kids fight. I told a kid to stop picking my dad's flowers when I was about that age and he didn't stop so I punched him in the face. His mom came and got mad at my mom and that was that. I couldn't imagine a parent going to the police over little kids fighting. This world has gotten crazy, I tell ya. It's probably the same kind of mom that would go and yell at the teacher for giving her kid a bad grade. Call me a '50s mom, but kids these days need to toughen up and parents need to stop coddling them. Hope it all works out for the best.

jeannedehart 04-16-2012 12:54 PM

Mern - You have got to be kidding! That is not something that belongs in the court system. I agree with what everyone has had to say. This just totally sucks and hopefully someone in the legal / police system will stop it at some point. It's kids being kids and learning hard lessons along the way. It really should be worked out at home! I feel for you and your family for having to go through such ridiculousness.

Quinnesec - Way to go this weekend! Keep it up!

Hope - your daughter is growning into a young adult now. But at the same time she is not quite there yet. You will be amazed over the next 6 months how much more she changes and becomes more responsible for herself. But the going out of state to a Warped concert - I'm with you - No way. My daughter went to college out of state and she was a junior before I let her drive to school on her own. I wouldn't even let her have a car on campus the first two years. She got over it and life went on.

Cassie - Great exercise last week!

Jho - Keep moving forward! And spaghetti squash is yummy! Freezes well if there are leftovers.

April - Sounds like you had a great weekend! Under 1000 calories is when I lose weight regardless of how much exercise, sleep, etc I get. Anything over I tend to gain weight, even when all is healthy choices. It really is not hard to do as long as I choose items that leave me feeling full and not hungry. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, salmon, chicken, turkey. No sugars, flours, grains for now. And I think that because I naturally drink lots of water / tea each day it helps as well.

Almeeker - baby steps are good!

Terrie - Hooray! on the 50% to your goal.

Tori - so glad you got out and walked! I'm sure that the time outdoors listening to the birds, etc. did some good for you.

Time for dinner and a few other things now.

canary52 04-16-2012 01:11 PM

Thank you , Jeanne for supporting me, the "mean" mother. I'm glad someone else can see it from the Mom point of view.

Mern, I am so sorry you have had this aggravation. It's so good of you to try to think of the other side.

Tori, sorry about your asthma attack. Reading between the lines, I am wondering if the walking might not replace other ways of coping. I think it's great you got out there. Give yourself a chance. You'll make up the miles, you'll see.

We still have one more college visit and honestly I wish we could cancel. I think out of all the choices there is one that makes the most sense. But I guess we will go just to say OK that's it; we saw it all. I almost hope we don't like the last one cause it will only make things more complicated.

On a different note, a friend of mine teaches at the U of Pittsburgh, crazy what's going on there with all the bomb scares.

Cassie, I was also sad to hear of the fatality on the road.

Mike, I would say the cooking is a definite RAK (especially now that I know what a RAK is.) You are inspiring me to want to add a RAK to my list. Mine will definitely NOT involve crawfish or crab unless it will benefit someone if I eat some!!!! Then sign me up!!!

canary52 04-16-2012 02:11 PM

1) what else? water, 6 glasses of it minimum: 9
2) calories 1650 of em maximum: 1345
3) stretch stretch strech: yup
4) sleep, may be my hardest goal of all: ? I hope!!!
5) try not to worry and obsess, NO this one is the hardest: Y

ToriD1012 04-16-2012 02:24 PM

Monday

Health/Fitness
1: keep calories under 1600--1282
2: 48 oz water daily--58.7
3: walk 10 miles--1.5
4: log everything--Y
5: post weight daily--193.0 :mad:

Other
I was suckered into Mike's 2% Challenge--which would be 3.86 lbs....we'll see....I'm going to do my damndest though

Today wasn't as horrible as I thought it was going to be. I made it through work without decapitating anyone, even though I was told it was allowed :cool: Calling it an early night and hoping my dreams are filled with bunnies and kitties, and not a certain soldier like they have been. Thanks for all the support. Check up with you all tomorrow. 'Night

01gt4.6 04-16-2012 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 79028)
Mike, so neat you got to meet mh in Nola. You know how to get that weight back off and you will. You're such a sweetie cooking for Hospice again. They're so lucky to have you in their corner.

Thanks Mern. Tomorrow I'll have to post up a pic of mh and I eating beignets. I was so lucky to have hospice in my corner when my mom passed. That's a great group of people.

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 79032)
Mike, I would say the cooking is a definite RAK (especially now that I know what a RAK is.) You are inspiring me to want to add a RAK to my list. Mine will definitely NOT involve crawfish or crab unless it will benefit someone if I eat some!!!! Then sign me up!!!

Hope, you don't like crawfish or crab??

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 79033)
1) what else? water, 6 glasses of it minimum: 9
2) calories 1650 of em maximum: 1345
3) stretch stretch strech: yup
4) sleep, may be my hardest goal of all: ? I hope!!!
5) try not to worry and obsess, NO this one is the hardest: Y

great job on everything. Way to kill the water!

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 79034)
Health/Fitness
1: keep calories under 1600--1282
2: 48 oz water daily--58.7
3: walk 10 miles--1.5
4: log everything--Y
5: post weight daily--193.0 :mad:

Other
I was suckered into Mike's 2% Challenge--which would be 3.86 lbs....we'll see....I'm going to do my damndest though

Today wasn't as horrible as I thought it was going to be. I made it through work without decapitating anyone, even though I was told it was allowed :cool: Calling it an early night and hoping my dreams are filled with bunnies and kitties, and not a certain soldier like they have been. Thanks for all the support. Check up with you all tomorrow. 'Night

There's a sucker born every minute. :) Nice job on everything so far!!

01gt4.6 04-16-2012 03:31 PM

Health and Fitness
1) 2% challenge! (drop 2% of my body weight by Friday, -3.66 pounds) starting @ 183.2
2) work out 2 times no
3) bench press 280 pounds
4) walk 10 miles 0
5) 4 serving of fruit and veggies no
6) all my daily vitamis, etc yes

Other
7) write 3 auto policies (or $4k in premium) 0
8) have fun Saturday

Was super busy today and barely got a chance to eat much.