Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12

Old 04-17-2012, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Tunnrida
First day of jillian level 3 and I'm dead!
You are not dead, you're typing while wishing you were dead.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
CS, & PS
Old 04-17-2012, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

you actually got SSOBWBMH??? that's awesome!!!
My guess was "stupid sob who broke my heart." The others I can't really type out in a family forum .

Onward and upward, sister!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Tori, do we need a new acronym for CN?
How about Creepier/Nastier?
Old 04-17-2012, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Wait wait wait, she let him stomp on your foot? Seriously?

I have no doubt you can defend yourself against all comers but... she let him stomp on your foot? Really?
It was the 70's, an eye for an eye and all that. Back in those days tall blond boys were the great golden hope, the other girls all tolerated his caveman behavior. Compared to Mern's GD I got off easy, that kid was still in enough pain that stomping on my foot hurt him more than it hurt me. Also in front of about 1/2 the school, he stomped on my foot, and I took it like a warrior, not even a flinch. Believe me, he got the worst end of that deal.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

I was really grumpy-tired last night so I just vegged out on the couch. Here's Monday's numbers.

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - 1641
2) do 2 out of 3 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons) - 2hrs walking (work)
3) 20% protein minimum - 24%
4) 72oz water minimum - 72oz
5) calorie deficit 600+ - 679
6) take vitamins - yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no
8) log all spending daily - no
Old 04-17-2012, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Finally some goals.

Health & Fitness:

1. Calories, 1,600 max, allowing 1 cheat meal on Friday night. 1,827
2. Exercise 4 hours total. 55 min, 32 min (total 1:22 min)
3. Keep snacks to healthy foods in appropriate portions. N
4. Water 100 oz daily. 80
5. Log log log. Y

Other Stuff:

1. Housework: 45 min daily + 1 load of laundry. YY
2. Finish painting rabbit cages. Working on it.

Well there are a couple of difficult things going on for me. One is a road construction project. Apparently the State has decided that I shall walk, because I cannot safely pull out of my own driveway. The road is still there, but they've bottlenecked the entire city. Between 2 separate construction projects the 6 main arteries on this side of town have been cut down to 1. It's crazy, lots of road rage in the air around here. I'm technically not on the main artery, but my road is blocked as far as the eye can see in both directions. Fun eh?

The other thing I'm dealing with is my feet. I have cluster plantar fasciitis on both feet. I had the right one treated about 3 weeks ago, which looks like it might have gotten about 1/2 of it (so I'll have to do that again, oh joy). I expected to be laid up about 3 days, but that was entirely too optimistic. I limped for about 10 days straight. I'm scheduled to have the other foot done on Friday, I'm not looking forward to that at all. Plus we have to visit the in-laws over the weekend, and AF is due to arrive then too. It's a crying shame I don't have whiplash, yes a pain in the neck would be just the right flavor of icing on my cake.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Why can't I just get with the program and allow her to do whatever she wants? Yeeesh, Mom. So unfair. I am RUINING her life over this don't you know.
Because you are a good mom, that's why. She'll get over it!

omg y'all, I sucked it UP this evening. I forced myself outside to walk. 3/4 of a mile into it my asthma started flaring up on me. Of course, it's not MY fault at all, for reasons that will remain nameless on a fitness site
I hope one day you are able to get rid of that too. But this is probably not the best time for that.

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
8) have fun Saturday
What's Saturday? ....Oh never mind, as I typed this I remembered the crab cooking! D'oh!

Originally Posted by Lizards13
Palma is the capital of Majorca, an island just off Spain, I am having a long weekend there with my Mum for her birthday on 1st May. My sis, BIL will be there too and my BF is flying in to be with us as well, can't wait. Weather there looks pretty good at the moment, oh for some sun and heat.
That sounds awesome!

Originally Posted by almeeker
The recess teacher pulled the two of us together and she let him stomp on my foot, then we had to shake hands and apologize to each other. He never bullied me again, and neither did any of the other boys.
That is a funny story. I am sure he was so humiliated! I'm sure your foot didn't feel great either, but I think this would work so much better than all the crap kids go through now.

Originally Posted by Tunnrida
First day of jillian level 3 and I'm dead!
You must be doing it better than I did. I don't get anything out of this level. But again, I have to say, I am too fat to properly do the planking exercises.

Originally Posted by Shuleran
OMG you people are so motivated. I fell off of the wagon and gained all of my 31 pound weight loss back. I am getting re-started today. I just popped into this 7 day forum for some quick words of support but now I am going to have to stop and think about this goal thing. I hope to join in the fun soon.
Welcome to the group! Any goals are good.

I know I missed a bunch of you but this is what stood out as I skimmed. Off to find my goals from yesterday so I can update them.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: 102oz,
2. No added salt M: Yes,
3. No snacks after 8pm except 2 sugar free popsicles (my addiction) M: No
4. Walk on lunches unless raining M: Yep,
5. Shred 3 days this week (will finish the course) M: No, T: No,
6. Weigh and post daily M: 256.6lbs, T: 254.4lbs, Change this week so far: -2.2lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Clean out fish bowl in office M: No, T: No,
2. Clip dog's nails M: Done!!
3. Get out flower pots M: No,
4. Read something! M: No,

I did really well yesterday. We have family therapy last night. He told us that he will only be coming about 3 more times. Thank God! LOL! That pushed my snack time though because he comes at 7 and stayed till almost 8:30 last night BS'ing. He is a really nice guy. He tries to offer us help but when he asks how we handle situations and we give honest answers, he gets quiet and says that was how he was going to recommend we try the next time! ... Anyway when I came in the house from walking him out my hubby was making eggs with peppers & onions in a tortilla with cheese and taco sauce so I asked him to make me one too while I grabbed a shower. It was delicious. I could have done without it but I have a weakness for roasted peppers & onions and the smell would have killed me.

Today is a mine field though. We have a cookout at work. 8oz chopped steak & rib burgers, 300 calorie a piece buns, all beef hot dogs, 3 different pasta or rice salads and ice cream desserts. I have it planned to eat 1/4-1/2 of a burger with no bun and a small taste of each salad since they are all our new products at work. Each is less than 250 cals per serving (the salads) so hopefully tasting the three should be around 100-150. They don't sound very appetizing anyway. I am about starving right now though as I usually eat lunch at 11 and am not eating until after 1pm today.

Still going to try to get a walk in because I have to go to the store on my lunch break too.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Health Goals:
1- Exercise 5 days M: Y
2- Drink 80 oz water daily M: Y
3- Keep a minimum 600 calorie daily deficit M: Y 789
4- Get 7 hours of sleep each night M:N
5- Practice clogging dance 3 times this week. M: N

Personal:
1- Do a spring cleaning/organizing project this week. M:Y
2- Read a book 3 times this week. M:Y
3- Help daughter with violin practice. M: Y

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.