Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/16/12

Old 04-18-2012, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, I had to come back to the computer because you're on my mind. You are so right to stick to your convictions with your daughter's well-being despite her differences of opinion. Just keep reiterating with her that you stand by your rules and decisions because you love her. Yeah, it's not easy and it's painful to have to be the "enforcer" but in the end it will pay off and she will appreciate everything you have done for her. Big hug to ya!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: 102oz, T: 114oz,
2. No added salt M: Yes, T: Yes,
3. No snacks after 8pm except 2 sugar free popsicles (my addiction) M: No, T: No,
4. Walk on lunches unless raining M: Yep, T: Yes,
5. Shred 3 days this week (will finish the course) M: No, T: No, W: Yes!,
6. Weigh and post daily M: 256.6lbs, T: 254.4lbs, W: 254.4lbs, Change this week so far: -2.2lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Clean out fish bowl in office M: No, T: No,
2. Clip dog's nails M: Done!!
3. Get out flower pots M: No, T: No,
4. Read something! M: No, T: about 15mins but I'm counting it!,

Had another great day yesterday. Avoided eating really poorly for lunch was a good thing because my hubby made KFC style chicken breasts in the oven at home with mashed potatoes, gravy & green beans for dinner. I was really able to enjoy dinner and not have to worry that I overdid it at lunch. I had snack again though at about 9pm. I had 1% no salt added cottage cheese and 2 big strawberries. I have noticed that no snacking after 8pm may be not a good goal for me. You don't realize how busy you are until you try to restrict yourself to a time limit. Last night was a shopping night so till we ate dinner, went shopping, gassed up the car and got home...I then did dishes and grabbed a shower and it was nearing 9pm. But it wasn't like I ate a bad snack, just a later than I wanted to snack.

This morning I am very proud to announce that I stuck with it on the Level 3 of the Shred and did all of the planking exercises NOT on my knees! I have been whining that I am too fat to do them. Well I sucked it up this morning and toughed through it. And guess what? I am not too fat to do it! It was all in my head. I can't do pushups the way I would really want to but I stayed on my toes and just went down halfway. I was not going back to my knees! So yeah, I'm kind of stoked today. I may even get the nerve to post you guys another during picture later on today if I take it off my phone and it looks okay online.

Last edited by wildbeanerz; 04-18-2012 at 03:43 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie ... It's a lot easier to eat right when the cookout has yucky foods! LOL

Jho ... Don't you just love the extra energy? I wish mine lasted all day but since I workout at about 5am mine lasts until afternoon. Good thing I go for a walk around 1pm or I might have a crash point in there. By 9pm though, I'm ready to snore!

Tori .... Sorry you had a rough day at work. Sometimes customers are just a royal PITA! I had one keep me here 1-1/2 hrs after work one night wanting a case of chicken that we didn't have in our warehouse. I am really unsure where she thought I was going to produce it from! We tried about 4 different substitutes that she wouldnt' take. She finally took one only to return it the following day stating that she had found a case of the correct chicken AT HOME!!! in her freezer. I wanted to say some things to that lady that day.

Cassie ... LOL @ working with no pants! ... I hope whatever your emotional task was that it went well.

Tunnrida ... What are Tibetans?

Mern ... I totally agree on the GD/BF supervision. I don't let mine out of sight when they have someone over. We are pretty strict about that.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I went back on my word--haven't exercised yet, but I will. I'm enjoying my morning coffee at the computer before I exercise. I made my elementary school grandkids' principal's morning. He laughed so hard yelling, "Where ya goin'???" at me as I made a second pass at the drop-off point for school arrivals. I forgot to let my grandkids out of the car the first time. I hope my brain starts functioning soon. LOL

Shuleran, I regained a lot of weight, too, and sorely disappointed my doc. I am due back for a checkup in a month and a half and am only down like two pounds in the PAST month and a half. It's time I got on the wagon with you. Let's DO IT!

Lizzie, thanks for telling me about Palma. Wow, I hope you and your loved ones have a wonderful weekend there. Congrats on eating out and still coming in under 1200 calories!

Amy, LOL on your being stained from painting the rabbit cages. I got a chuckle out of your handling the bully boobie feeling attempt with a tennis shoe to his junk. Amazing about him being given permission to stomp on your foot, though. That's just plain wrong! Things are different these days with self-defense not always being believed or permitted, except that I doubt any boys in my gd's neighborhood will ever mess with her. A good friend of mine has plantar fasciitis on just ONE foot and she is often in a lot of pain. My heart goes out to you. I'm thinking whiplash and AF might be more fun for you! Geez, feel better soon, girl!

Tunnrida, congrats on your level three. You are so committed to this!

Hope, yeah, breathing is a good choice over choosing to eat foods to which you are allergic. But I should talk--I go on carb binges when I know even though my blood tests now come out OK, I'm still insulin resistant. I was a PITA to DH when he decided to make pancakes for the first time this morning and he wouldn't accept my tips on turning down the temperature on the electric griddle and thinning out the pancake batter. He threw away three attempts at pancakes burned on the outside and raw in the middle after I CORDIALLY (truly cordially) suggested how to correct his problem. I finally decided to be silently amused but ALMOST giggled aloud when he turned down the temp and added more water to the pancake batter and got edible pancakes. LOL Yeah, well, I couldn't make some household repairs he makes no matter what tips he gave me. I admit that.

Jho, so glad you have enjoyed being able to wake up before your little ones. Starts off the day so much better. I've sauteed bok choy in stove-top pan roasted veggies to which I added Italian rather than Asian seasonings and served as is or cooked them that way to enhance flavor for use in soups and stews. I don't have any recipes for it, though--I cook mainly by dump and taste method except for baking. I made some soup yesterday out of the broth leftover from ham and green beans. I added a bunch of cabbage, a bunch of celery, a bag of frozen green and red peppers and onions and the little bit of ham and green beans that were left. Didn't have to add any seasonings at all and DH said it was one of the best soups I ever made. Cabbage soup is a great diet soup. You're spelling bok choy right. I've found a few things FitDay doesn't have in their database.

Cassie, so good that you had both work and home under control yesterday. I hope it lasted and that your son did well in his matches. "Sex on wheels" gives new meaning to the song "Ride, Sally, Ride," doesn't it? Yeah, I'm a dirty old lady...

April, so glad you're making progress with your DS and counseling. Yum--roasted peppers and onions are irresistable to me, too. Great job on the cookout and walk! Congrats on level 3 of The Shred and on all your other good accomplishments this week. You're rocking it, girl! The strict adult supervision is for the kids protection from themselves--even the best, most sensible kids need that rule. We are so fortunate that both my teenage granddaughters' boyfriends' parents have the same rules my daughter and I have.

Terrie, nice going on your goals Monday!

Ama, yeah, the domino effect of not posting is real and not fun. I can attest to that. But my words of encouragement: you can still be healthy and beautiful even with a differently shaped post-baby body. Have faith in yourself. Big hug to ya! Your pan-roasted bok choy sounds delicious!

Mike, my bro told me he has about as much money tied up in customizing his award winning Harley as he does in his new truck. He's not exaggerating, but he can afford it and it makes him happy... That's mh with you in that pic, right? I LIKE your facial hair. It becomes you.

Headed to brush and floss late after catching up with our thread. Then exercise before I can get back online. I'm on track for food.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Tunnrida ... What are Tibetans?
I say that in another thread:

Originally Posted by Tunnrida
The Five Tibetan Rites is a system of exercises reported to be more than 2,500 years old.
It is about opening the chakras and balance the body, physically and mentally!
All abouth 5 Tibetians
The five Rites of Rejuvenation - Five Tibetan Rites
The Five Tibetan Rites
from now on will be a daily routine each morning!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Tunnrida ... Those Tibetan Rites look like a nice relaxing way to start the day. Let us know how you like them once you get a few days in with them.

Oh and Tori ... did you read my sucky customer story in my last post? Well today a different customer came in with a bag of Ghirardelli milk chocolate squares filled with caramel for me (and one for my dock guy) just because she came close to our lunch hour yesterday. Ugh! I don't know if I like them better when they are bitchy or nice!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jho82
Mike - hope you like them apples too - 100 oz today!!!....
It's about time you do something!

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
It's weird, but I've never been one to be known as "normal".
You finally said something that I can believe.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Check in:

1. Calories 1300 or fewer. 1241, 1187
2. Exercise 8 hours. .5, 1.5
3. Drink at least 2 big sports bottles water per day. Yes, Yes
4. Sleep at least 7 hours per night. Nope, Nope
5. Follow my pie chart rules. Fair, Good
6. Log everything and check in daily. Yes, Yes
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Forgot calcium, Yes

8. Log remits and billing. Done!
9. Back up hard drive. Done!
10. Clean out emails. Started
Long Range Goal: Hike the entire KEMO trail system in one day Debating about doing a trial run of half this wkd?

I had a productive day getting caught up on work tasks here at home, as well as errands and other home stuff. Working at home means that sometimes you can do things without pants, plus it has other benefits, too . Tennis match was postponed due to rain, so we had time for a good, healthy family dinner to boot. I have one more task tonight, an emotional one, but in a good way (I hope), and then I'm hitting the hay.

Wishes for a restful night to all, and may tomorrow be good to you.
Good luck with your task! Good job so far this week.

Originally Posted by Tunnrida
Today I started a new routine
the first thing I am doing in the morning is
5 Tibetans...
then breakfast
Stationary bike
and last Jillian
That sounds like a good plan.

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, my family was so lucky to have hospice in our corner when my sister died in 2005. She actually had a beautiful, peaceful death. Her whole family was there--husband, all her kids and grandkids, and two of her three siblings were in the room as she passed--the hospice minister leading us in prayer as we sent her off to Heaven and she was praying aloud with us for as long as she could. It was like something out of a movie... Hospice brought our family so much peace.
Time to kick it in gear with some exercise!!! That's an awesome story about your sister, sorry for your loss.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: 102oz, T: 114oz,
2. No added salt M: Yes, T: Yes,
3. No snacks after 8pm except 2 sugar free popsicles (my addiction) M: No, T: No,
4. Walk on lunches unless raining M: Yep, T: Yes,
5. Shred 3 days this week (will finish the course) M: No, T: No, W: Yes!,
6. Weigh and post daily M: 256.6lbs, T: 254.4lbs, W: 254.4lbs, Change this week so far: -2.2lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Clean out fish bowl in office M: No, T: No,
2. Clip dog's nails M: Done!!
3. Get out flower pots M: No, T: No,
4. Read something! M: No, T: about 15mins but I'm counting it!,
Whoa... I finally get to say it... WTH is going on April with all that red. You need to get cracking!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, my bro told me he has about as much money tied up in customizing his award winning Harley as he does in his new truck. He's not exaggerating, but he can afford it and it makes him happy... That's mh with you in that pic, right? I LIKE your facial hair. It becomes you.
yepper, that's her and thanks.

So far I have met 4 people from FD in person!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday weigh-in: 184 (-3!)
Old 04-18-2012, 03:21 AM
Super Moderator

Default Fail

Yesterday I attempted 280 on bench press. I lowered it down and came about 3/4 up and I hit that "sticking point" (if anyone has ever benched heavy weight, you know what I'm talking about). My spotter and to give me a slight bump then I pushed it the rest of the way.

FAIL!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nobe
Wednesday weigh-in: 184 (-3!)
great job!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.