Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12

Old 04-12-2012, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

Just popped in for a sec--will be back later.

April, maybe something was wrong on FitDay when you tried to PM me because I do get PMs from others. Sometimes I get the "I'm tired" message from the website. I don't think anyone would care if you post the recipe on our thread, though. Thanks for thinking of me. I love getting new recipes. Kudos on a fabulous Wednesday report and just look at those lbs. melting away due to all your hard work! You are wise to not exercise until you are recovered from that biopsy. Aw, big gentle hug to ya! I'm not a Jillian fan but I think it's great that you are so motivated by her.

Odd day today--odd little errands and things, but it's a beautiful, clear day outside and the air is fresh and crisp. Such a treat to be able to put on a sweater and open the windows. I have a meaty ham bone in the freezer and am making a pot of fresh green beans with it for tonight's supper. Yum! I can make the beans lowER sodium so I'll be OK.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Mern ... Almond-Chocolate Blondies
1 cup almond butter
2/3 cup honey (clover or orange blossom)
1/4 cup coconut milk
3 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup white whole-wheat flour
3/4 cup ground flaxseed
3/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup 70% cocoa mini chocolate chunks
Olive oil spray for the pan
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch
square glass baking dish with olive oil. In a
large bowl, place almond butter, honey,
coconut milk, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk
together until well blended and smooth. In a
separate bowl, whisk together flour,
flaxseed, baking powder, and baking soda
until well mixed. Add dry ingredients to
almond butter mixture and stir just until
blended. Then stir in chocolate chunks.
Scrape the batter into prepared dish and
bake until browned around the edges and a
toothpick comes out with moist crumbs
clinging to it, about 35 minutes. Let cool
about 15 minutes before cutting.
Cut into 20 squares and serve. (Store at
room temperature an airtight container
for up to 3 days.)
Nutrition per serving - Calories: 212.1 kcal;
Fat: 13 g; Protein: 5 g; Carbohydrates: 22 g;
Sodium: 103.3 mg

I thought of you when I saw this recipe because it includes some of your favorite things. After I read it a few times though I realized the carbs are probably too high for you but I am sure you can tweak them.

This recipe was from Jillian on Facebook.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

Only catching up now sorry, can't believe how much has gone on in a few days.

April. The things us gals have to go through, fingers crossed you get good news.

Tori. No words to say that will convey how much I am thinking of you and CN. He's probably still in a bit of shock as well as pain, it's not an easy thing to cope with. I wish him a speedy recovery

Mern. I am fascinated to know how you pictured us in your dream, was I a cookie monster, lol. We eat a lot of lamb here, our fields are full of them and it is tasty along with mint sauce.
Many years ago I was physio to a young man who had an untreatable heart condition. He was in hospital with us for months hoping for a transplant but unfortunately it was not to be. His friends visited a lot, they were all bikers and used to talk about runs into the countryside in Donegal and stopping to watch the lambs jumping about in the fields, and shouting jokingly at them - Mint Sauce, Mint Sauce. In his memory his mum had a picture painted of him and his mates standing beside their bikes, looking into a field at lambs and it was titled " Mint sauce for A*****" it always made me smile when I passed it in the
corridor and I know he would have loved it.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie ... That story just brought a tear to my eye. Those bikers sure do stick together.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

April, thank you for your kind words. DD HAS been doing a lot better. It's just that I am too reactive to her. I want to give her limits and have to realize that she will not always be happy about them. I hate to see her angry or disappointed but that is part of life. She knows my soft spots, knows the buttons to push and so she uses that. And she often "punishes" me, even if I am acting in what she later admits is in her best interests. But something different happened last night. She wanted a sleepover; I said only at our house (for various justifible reasons, ie lack of any supervision in the places she wants to go.) She was angry. I stood my ground without making a big deal and it blew over. It blew over. Holy cow. It blew over. Sometimes I wonder who is growing up; DD or me. Maybe both!! Losing a mom young, having a chronically depressed laissez faire dad and no experience with kids, I am having "on the job training" with an only child. I don't even get one to "practice on" so I can get it better for another. Add in a very lenient husband and you can see where the problems could occur... Still I love her to pieces and if I have any hair left on my head by the time she goes off to school, I will consider myself blessed and lucky. No wonder I am hungry all the time... I am a stress eater.

And April, you are doing so well on your goals. You are rocking that water!!! My personal hero!!!

On another note, did anyone see the news segment which talked about the forbidden foods you SHOULD eat? The nutritionist said that the best time to eat chocolate is for breakfast (???!!!???) I swear you can go nuts with all the crazy dietary rules and recommendations. Just look at the "diets" forum of FD. It's enough to drive you to eat!!!

Last edited by canary52; 04-12-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:56 AM
FitDay Member

"It blew over."

That is the best thing ever! Our challenges have become smaller too. I still hate to anger him for fear of what could happen but he has been taking most things in stride lately. He is down to a minimal dose of meds and will be off them within the next week or so when the bottle is empty. Last night's challenge was him wanting to stay on his laptop until 9:30 to skype with an online friend (girl). 9pm is the rule on school nights. I said no he couldn't. He questioned why and I calmly told him that it was a school night. He got disappointed and sulked off but stayed on the rest of the time until 9 then brought his laptop to my room. We store it there to remove temptation for him to be on after lights out in his room (phone too). I then told him had it not been a school night I would have given him extra time and he just said that he knew.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

So unusual for me to have literally only a few minutes at a time to pop in to our group. Just know that I do care about all of you and will do my best later to catch up with your posts.

Lizzie, LOL, no, I didn't picture you as the Cookie Monster. Although my dream was vivid, you and Luv didn't have vivid faces. But I can tell you this--you and she were ideal weight ladies making sensible food choices and I was the obese one hopelessly over target on food goals. Aw, what a wonderful story about the painting of that young man and his friends watching the lambs and the endearing caption.

Tori, I have CN (and you and your relationship) on my prayer list.

April, yum! Thanks for that Almond-Chocolate Blondies recipe! I copied it onto my hard drive. Truly sounds like something I'd love. I will definitely seek out a low carb substitute for the honey and I know the whole-wheat flour substitute will be easy. I can substitute my low carb vanilla protein powder for at least part of the flour. I know a man who recently had heart surgery and a dietician who visited him in the hospital suggested he try flaxmeal to help with his cholesterol. He likes it and has been looking for recipes to try; his wife said he's been doing some baking. So I'll pass the recipe onto him, too.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

I just ate 200 cals worth of Lindor chocolates....and then some hersheys Hugs... I think hubby will be taking the chocolate with him to work for his coworkers - clearly I have zero self control and am disgusted with myself.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jho82
I just ate 200 cals worth of Lindor chocolates....and then some hersheys Hugs... I think hubby will be taking the chocolate with him to work for his coworkers - clearly I have zero self control and am disgusted with myself.
It happens to us all. I waited all season to buy a single Cadbury Creme Egg because I knew if I bought the 4 pack with all intentions of giving one to each kid and hubby that I would devour them all.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, huge hug to ya! Child rearing certainly is not easy. Good for you for staying your ground on your convictions about what is best for your daughter. My daughter was a real handful when she was a teenager and we argued what seemed like constantly. Now a mother of four, she has just about the same rules and outlook as I did.

April, I hope you get a nice break between rearing your kids and becoming a grandmother for the first time--in 15-20 years. LOL I found a product that is sugar free imitation honey-- Honey Tree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey that may be available at my local Walmart. I'll let you know--may go tomorrow to look for it.

Terrie, you are one busy mom! Thanks for telling me about that Suzuki method--I had never heard of that. You're doing great on your eating goals so far this week. Way to go!

Kim, great to hear you're feeling better and got your kitchen stocked with healthful foods.

Everyone, I just can't seem to get caught up. Thanks to all of you for your kind words of support, especially when I blew Wednesday so badly! Congrats to all who are doing well and huge hugs to anyone who is struggling with health and fitness goals or in home life. If anyone addressed me personally, was expecting a reply and didn't get it, please bring it to my attention and I will do my best to respond.

One of our younger grandkids is in need of lots of prayers and I'd surely appreciate them from anyone so inclined. (Good vibes from Pam appreciated as well. ) Ok healthwise, but has a very serious issue--the direction of resolution may not be known for several weeks.

Last edited by Mern; 04-12-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.