Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12

Old 04-11-2012, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Mern ... Feeling deprived would surely lead me into a binge of some sort. I am glad that you are okay with it for those brief 'resets'. ... I hear you on the grandkids but notice I said they are about 20 yrs away! I told the boys I don't want to be a gram before I'm 50 so that is a good 15 yrs away. They will only be 29 & 30 then. That isn't too much to ask of them, right? ... Good for you on doing your whole exercise DVD!

Cassie ... He seems like he is getting excited about it. There are no permits here until 16 yrs old though so he's got a full year to go. Once they get them then there is a specified amount of hours that they have to log in driving with a set percentage being in inclement weather and/or the dark. There are also strict restrictions on number & ages of passengers with them until after they are 18 yrs old. ... Good for you on getting a hike in yesterday!

Nobe ... Walking with all those flyers really did add up to something didn't it!

HKG ... You are stronger than me cuz if I were craving cheesecake no way would cheerios cover it! ... I'm glad you found a DVD that you like.

Kim ... Feel better. That's all for you,.....just feel better.

Rose Anne ... Welcome to our chatty bunch! I am glad you are finding inspriation in our posts. Feel free to jump in whenever you are ready!

Becky ... Nice green day yesterday...I also love what you said in your post about starting from today.

Quinn ... You daughter and the DNR? Oh no! ... I love the idea of the family music. When I was a kid, my pappy played guitar and sang at the local moose. I can remember going to see him many times when I was little.

Tori ... Sorry to hear about your fight with CN. Sometimes when they are hurt or worried about something they seem to pick a fight. Mine picked one last night over nothing and I was about in tears thinking he didn't care about my test today. But this morning before he left for work he hugged me tight and asked what time it was. So I know he was worried last night when he picked the fight and didn't mention the test. ... I bring my breakfast & lunch & snack to work daily too. And I don't carry money. That way I have to eat what I brought. The only other option is the office fruit basket that I hit up on occassion.

Tunnrida ... I don't think I am doing well with level 3 because I am not fit enough to hold a good plank so I end up doing many of the exercises in this level on my knees and don't feel like I am working hard enough.

Hope ... 12 glasses of water!! Did you feel like this?

Jho ... Amazing where those sneaky little calories can come from isn't it?
Old 04-11-2012, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Running a little late posting for Tues. but here it is.

Thanks for all of the welcomes. I should mention that I'm not a total Fitday newbie. I started using it in Jan. and have lost 36 pounds since I started using it and exercising. I have frequented the forums off and on and even posted some too, but I had not realized that this board was the happening place to be on the forums until this past week.

Mern- I don't know how to play any musical instruments, but my daughter (9) started a couple of months ago. She is doing the Suzuki method which means the parent attends lessons and practices with the student. I have 6 children ages 20, 17, 14, 9, 7, 4 (turning 5 this month) so we are always running.

I have lots to accomplish today still so I will check back in later.

Health Goals:
1- Exercise 5 days M:Y, T: Y
2- Drink 80 oz water daily M: Y, T: Y
3- Keep a minimum 600 calorie daily deficit M:Y 789, T: Y 924
4- Get 7 hours of sleep each night M:Y 8 hrs!, T: Y 7
5- Practice clogging dance 3 times this week M: N, T: Y

Personal:
1- Do 2 spring cleaning/organizing projects this week M:N, T: N
2- Read a book 3 times this week (I love to read, but have been sucked into my computer a lot lately and have neglected my book love). M:N, T:N
3- Help daughter with violin practice M: N, T: Y
Old 04-11-2012, 08:35 AM
FitDay Member

Ladies with kids, I need some non-weight related advice/reassurance/etc (rant in white)
I was talking to my mom earlier, and as usual we were fighting about how everything I do is wrong, and she said that it's absolutely crazy that my two-year-four-month-old son isn't potty trained, and she was appalled yesterday to see he was still in diapers. He's had a potty for a couple of months and he goes in it about a third of the time I put him on it, which is whenever I change his diaper. Whenever I ask him if he has to go, he says no, and there's no visible signs he's peeing, so I'm just putting him on and giving him lots of praise when he does it. My mom says he should have been trained as soon as he got the potty, and only stupid kids would take more than a day or two to be trained (which is a crock - she's always told me that my brother took like a year to be trained. But when I brought that up she hung up on me).

So obviously my mom is mean and crazy, but is there truth to what she's saying? How long did it take your kids? Am I doing it wrong? I have this thing with my mom where I know she's just mean, but she still manages to plant seeds of doubt in my head that what I'm doing is wrong, I'm stupid, whatever. She says I should force him to tell me when he has to go, but when I asked her how to go about doing that she just said "well I don't know, I never had a problem, you're obviously doing it wrong if he won't tell you." So no answers, just criticism. She says if he's not trained by now he'll be going to kindergarten in diapers. She also says that, although up until recently, she was watching him three days a week, it's not her responsibility to train him. I said that with no consistency, he won't learn, but she insists it's my job alone.

He's trying. He'll sit there straining like he's pooping just to squeeze a drop of pee out. He'll sit on it for 15 minutes when he clearly doesn't have to go. When he does have to go, he goes right away and jumps up and shouts "I peed!" But he says he doesn't want to wear underpants and he wants to wear diapers, and he won't tell me when he has to go. It's more that he pees when I put him on there, rather than me putting him on there when he has to pee. I don't know what more I can do, besides maybe putting him on more frequently. I can't "force" him to tell me. I don't want to punish him for peeing in his diaper like she says I should.

I know a lot of it is just difference in parenting in different generations, and a lot of it is just her needing to be negative about everything I do, and she's been like this about everything I've ever done as a mom (she said he'd still be sleeping in my bed as a teenager if I let him sleep in my bed once, and he's been sleeping on his own now for a year and a half). But the constant barrage of "you're a bad mom" gets to be a bit much and sometimes I start to believe it.

Sorry for the huge long rant, that has nothing to do with the forum even, but she's got me all shaken up.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

well Ithink I am back among the living!!!! I made it to the gym for a simple 30 minutes of cardio. Then I made it to the grocery store to buy some acceptable food. Since I was sick the diet was out the window and anything i wanted i ate. So now the freezer if full of chicken again, fresh fruit, NF cottage cheese, salad makings. I think i am back on track.

Mern and April thank you for the get well thoughts

Tori Sending thoughts for a speedy recovery for you s/o and strength for you to deal with it all.

To all the new people Welcome!!

Today was green !!!

Calories 1520
Cardio 30 minutes
Water 100oz

WooHoo happy dance as I am back!!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

nobe, just a quick thought; I'm pushed for time right now...but STOP doubting yourself over being a good mom!!! STOP now! Trust yourself and trust your gut. You are a great mom and you know it!

FWIW, my son was 3 years and 3 months before he was potty trained, largely out of sheer stubbornness. He is now a freshman in high school and is doing awesome academically, athletically, and musically. Being late to potty train has never held him back from anything!!! It's not like your son will have to put it on a resume one day . SMH, your mom needs a reality check!

Tori, I am so, so sorry to hear your news. I hope recovery is speedy and that attitude adjustment is as well. I can't imagine your stress...hang in there. You are one tough cookie.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:40 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe ... Here is my opinion. I have two sons. They are 14 months apart. I kind of hope they never read this but.... my first born is very intelligent. He is a complete rule follower and a very respectful boy (15 yrs old this past Monday). The second one is a rebel. If you see me writing of trouble with my son...it is him. He is also very intelligent but chooses to not work to his ability usually. He will be 14 early in June.

The first was still working on potty training at 3 yrs old when the second one turned 2 and decided he wanted 'big boy wunwears'. LOL He got them for his birthday (2yrs) he never had one accident and slept through the night in them from the first day. All the while I still struggled with his older brother. I took him to the potty every half hour to try to head off the accidents and for the most part that worked but he honestly wet the bed about 2-3 times a week until he was almost 5 yrs old.

There is no right or wrong. It is what works for the parent and child. Of course you don't want him to go to Kgarden in diapers. But you also cannot force it and it doesn't appear to have any affect on what they grow up to be in the future.

Like Cassie said....your mom needs a reality check!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:42 AM
FitDay Member

Oh and my biopsy was tougher than I expected. It hurt quite a bit. Enough to get a grunt or two out of me and some fingers tapping on the edge of the bed. I am a pretty tough girl but this one almost got me. Now we wait for a week for the results. Good news is she didn't see any polyps while she was in there. Just extra thickening of the lining again already even though I just had TOTM on 3/23.

So I needed comfort food for dinner and I turned to my deep fryer. Glad that is out of my system now as my belly hurts and I feel like hot baked ass.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I feel like hot baked ass.
I have never heard this phrase before and I am uncharacteristically speechless! I hope you feel better tomorrow and that the waiting goes quickly, and above all that any problem has a simple solution.

"Wunwears" is too funny. What did it for us was one Saturday my husband woke up and said, "Today he is in underwear all day, no matter what." On went the underwear, in went juice, milk, water, allllllll daaaaayyyyyy, turning on water faucets whenever he was in earshot...finally, 12 hours later, after making faces I had never seen before on him, he went, in the toilet, and never a mistake since. This was after months of the toddler potty, "try to hit the Cheerios," pee for M&Ms, pee in a jar, anything and everything. April is right; it's different for each child and family.

On another note, don't y'all hate when you have to make something or eat something just to use something up, and it's not really what you want or need? I had a package of FF ricotta that's about to expire, so it was either baked pasta or cannoli. Went with the former, but still, would rather have had chicken. This seems to be a recurring dilemma and I guess I need to plan better. I often run into it with fruit that's getting overripe, too.

Jho, the match was great! My son plays HS tennis and today was the first region match. They made it easily through the first round and they have their biggest rival next Tuesday. That's when the nerves will really come in. Step away from the snacks!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:26 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, guys. I think she's being dumb at the same time as she makes me doubt myself, if that makes sense.

I decided to step it up and made him a "poster" for the bathroom and told him every time he went in the potty he could pick an animal sticker to go on it. He seemed to understand, and peed, and got a sticker. Then we went to the store and I bought him some underpants. He wanted to try them on when we got home, so I told him to first try to pee on the potty and get a sticker. He sat for a minute, said "don't have to pee, Mommy," and got up. So I put on the underpants and he was all happy and walked into the family room and peed all over the floor. Sigh. And he's spending the next two days with my mom because I'm painting. I'll try again on the weekend, I guess.

He's a really smart kid, always months ahead on all the development checklists, but he's stubborn about certain "baby" things. He didn't walk until he was 14 months because he could scoot around faster crawling, but one day he just stood up and walked. The only thing he really throws tantrums about is bottles, which I've been trying to get him off of for months (I think that one will have to be cold turkey). I think all my talk of being a big boy who doesn't need diapers is just making him think "but I want to keep being a baby." Weirdly enough, we bought him a bed last week, which I thought would be an issue because he's always been a bad sleeper, but he loves it and never even asked about his crib after we dismantled it.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Oh and my biopsy was tougher than I expected. It hurt quite a bit. Enough to get a grunt or two out of me and some fingers tapping on the edge of the bed. I am a pretty tough girl but this one almost got me. Now we wait for a week for the results. Good news is she didn't see any polyps while she was in there. Just extra thickening of the lining again already even though I just had TOTM on 3/23.

So I needed comfort food for dinner and I turned to my deep fryer. Glad that is out of my system now as my belly hurts and I feel like hot baked ass.
They didn't sedate you for it? Do they know why the lining is thick? Is there anything they can do about it? What problems is it causing? Haha, sorry for the third degree. You've probably already explained all of this but I have a hard time keeping up with posts around here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.