Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12

Old 04-13-2012, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Posting my results from yesterday. It was my birthday, so the calories were a little higher. And I didn't have time for supper, so I just kind of snacked and then ate at night. At least I had made a Pavlova for my cake, so that cut down on the fat quite a bit.

It's a little crazy around here, so I haven't been much active. But, hopefully when things settle down and I can get a bit more involved.

Have a good day everyone!

1) Eat 3 regular low-calorie meals a day. M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, T: No
2) Keep at least 600 calories restriction per day. M: 1321, T: 1299, W: 1237, T: 936
3) Exercise at least 3 times and go for a walk at least twice. M: cardio video, T: Cardio video+stretches, W: walking up and down stairs carrying laundry was enough for me today, T: No
4) Plan meals ahead and have everything handy so I don't have excuses not to eat. Yes, T: No
5) Hide all the chocolate given to me this morning! Told husband to do so.
6) Log in foods and activities every day and get more involved with the forums. M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, T: Not so much
Old 04-13-2012, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

I had to go back to page 3 to find my goals..! Today is my first full day off work in weeks. Kind of having weird withdrawls - like I desperately need to check e-mail! But I left my laptop at work locked in a drawer so I have no choice but to get over it! Never-the-less I have not done too bad this week, have logged every day, and gone to the gym 2x, and have mostly recovered from the Easter binge. It was rough going though - I felt like crap for 2 days, my face broke out, and the scale was up 2 lbs! I tried to clean out the plastic candy filled eggs but they keep appearing in hidden places around the house - I can't resist the chocolate peanutbutter eggs! Ug!

Brief skim of the posts -

Nobe - I am sorry to hear that you and your Mom are at odds. Way to stick to your guns though regarding the potty training! My son is a few weeks from turning 3, and he is not potty trained, but he is finally interested so we are following his lead. We would like to get him trained by fall so he can go to the near-by pre-school a few days a week, but if it takes longer that's fine also, we'll just stick with daycare for a while longer. I usually only work 3days a week (unusually busy lately), and am off today so we are in full swing potty training. He refuses a diaper today and wants big boy undies, have soaked one pair already. But he is into it so I have cleaner on stand-by and ask every 5 min if he has to go. I hope you and your Mom come to an understatnding on this. I don't know why mother daughter relationships have to be so rough. I have my trials as well with my Mom. Best wishes to you.

Whoever mentioned the bulletin board in the bathroom to put stickers on - Thanks for the idea!!! We give him stickers, but they end up all overt the house. Thanks!

April - You poor thing having to go through that procedure... I hope you feel better now, and that the results come quickly.

Mern - I am praying for your grandchild, and for you and your family! The unknown is such a scary thing, best wishes to you all.

Hope this week has been a success for all!

Goals for this week:
1. Clean out the fridge of all the left-overs (my Mom “oh no you keep it all, it is just me and your father and we’ll over-eat if we take it home…”) - Planned for today
2. Toss out the candy – 3 Easter egg hunts this weekend – my son is 3 – he won’t notice if I throw away most of his candy! Ongoing...
3. Keep up the H2O – 70oz/day. y, y, y, y,
4. Go to the gym – really, just go, exercise in heels if you have to, just GO! Tue, Thu
5. Don’t stress… learn to say no at work. n, n, n, y
6. Keep portions small. n, y, y, y,
7. Limit 1500 cals per day. 1889, 1516, 1453, 1500
8. Dig myself out from under The Wagon and get back on!!! n, y, y, y,

Ama

Last edited by amalthea1892; 04-13-2012 at 04:36 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. Gallon of water daily! M: 132oz!, T: 138oz, W: 130oz, Th: 134oz,
2. Shred every day this week (will finish level 3) M: Yep!, T: no, W: Yes, Th: No with a reason though, F: Nope, too lazy!
3. No salt on my plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch weather permitting M: 38mins - 2miles, T: Wind & oh so cold, W: Worked through lunch for dr appt, Th: 36mins - 2miles,
5. Have endometrial biopsy done Wednesday W: Going this afternoon, a little nervous .... Did it. Yuck! & Ouch!
6. Daily calorie deficit of 750 minimum M: -1146, T: -985, W: -185, Th: -1063, Weekly deficit: -3379
7. Limit one sensible snack after dinner M: No, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Not so much,
8. Carbs under 45% M: 39%, T: 57%, W: 34%, Th: 35%,
9. Weigh and post it daily M: 262.4lbs , T: 259.6lbs, W: 258.6lbs, Th: 258.8lbs, F: 257.6lbs, Weekly weight change: -4.6lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Be more of a participant on this forum M: Yep, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
2. Read for 2 hrs this week (not on a computer) Not yet
3. Clip dogs' nails (ugh!)Not yet
4. Repot plant for the office (take home the one that is already at the office first) Not yet

Hope to reply to you all later, just wanted to get my report filled in for yesterday though.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn ... I completely understand the need for the right type of napkin. I think that is a very considerate thing to do for your guests. More people should be OCD like us!

Cassie ... Hope your day goes by fast! No wonder patients end up waiting so long when the staff schedules 4 at the same time! Not that it is your fault.

Mern ... Lots of good wishes for your grandson for whatever he is dealing with. ... I have to admit though, you were giving me congrats on losing so much weight this week....Most of it is water for eating wrong over last weekend and on Monday I was up (I think) 5.8 lbs. So 'technically' I am still up like a pound from last Monday. Hopefully by this coming Monday I will be back to where I was last Monday again though.

Becky ... We all get busy and don't have enough time to post sometimes. Keeping up with your own life is far more important than posting here. Do try to find time to keep logging your food choices though.

Ama ... Thank you for the sympathy. I feel better now.

Jeanne ... That sounds like a nice business to be in. I like creative things. Sometime in the near future I will be selecting material and sewing my own curtains for our pop-up camper. I don't quite think that is the same thing though! LOL
Old 04-13-2012, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday wasn't as good for my goals, but what can you expect when you are away from home for 13 hours? Plus my allergies kicked into high gear yesterday. I literally used a half box of kleenex just yesterday and didn't sleep so well last night because of it either. I finally got some allergy meds in me and hope it helps enough that I can make it to the gym today.

Have I mentioned that my two teens love to bake? It is so not fair. My son baked 3 homemade pies (including the crust) this past week. A few days ago I gave in and ate a slice of blueberry pie (it had some nutritional value after all, right?). As I sit here my daughter is baking one of my favorite treats- chocolate chip cookies. She actually thinks it's funny to bake these treats and tempt me. Grrr. Easy for her to laugh. She hasn't even hit 100 pounds yet. The question for today is, will I be able to resist?

Health Goals:
1- Exercise 5 days M:Y, T: Y, W: Y, Th: N (planned day off)
2- Drink 80 oz water daily. M: Y, T: Y, W: Y, Th: Y
3- Keep a minimum 600 calorie daily deficit M:Y 789, T: Y 924, W Y 763, Th: N 442
4- Get 7 hours of sleep each night M:Y 8 hrs!, T: Y 7, W: Y, Th: Y
5- Practice clogging dance 3 times this week. M: N, T: Y, W: N, Th: N

Personal:
1- Do 2 spring cleaning/organizing projects this week M:N, T: N, W: Y, Th: N
2- Read a book 3 times this week (I love to read, but have been sucked into my computer a lot lately and have neglected my book love). M:N, T:N, W: Y, Th:N
3- Help daughter with violin practice M: N, T: Y, W: Y, Th: N
Old 04-13-2012, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks to all of you who offer prayers for my granddaughter's serious issue.

April, thanks so much! My low carb adaption of the Almond-Chocolate Blondies came out great on the first try--it was so easy to adapt. DH liked them so much he said to not change anything. I don't know how the texture is supposed to be--whether like chewy or cake-like brownies, but these were somewhere in between. I found everything I needed at Walmart. In the same aisle as the almond butter (almond butter is next to peanut butter) is a sugar free honey substitute called HoneyTree's Sugar Free Imitation Honey and it tastes just like the real thing to me. For the whole-wheat flour which is too carby for me I used 6 tablespoons additional flaxmeal, 6 tablespoons vanilla whey protein powder, and an additional 3/4 teaspoon baking powder. And I used egg substitute like EggBeaters, and Hershey Sugar Free Chocolate Chips. Only took 25 minutes in my faster oven. It came out at only 2.5 net carbs per serving due to deducting fiber and due to my metabolism enabling me to deduct the sugar alcohols used as sweeteners. Some people say they have to count sugar alcohols just like sugar but they don't seem to impact my blood sugar.

Will try to come back later.

Last edited by Mern; 04-13-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:31 AM
FitDay Member

Mern ... They sound really good. I am glad you were easy to adapt them. I just knew with the ingredients they would be something that you would enjoy! Glad you like them.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

Mern. Thinking of you and your grandchild and hoping that everything resolves itself as you would wish it to.
I can almost taste those almond brownies, it must be wonderful to be in your kitchen and smell what's cooking.

April. I am so glad that things are improving for you and your family, you stuck to what you knew was right even through the hard times and that's what loving is all about.

I'm pretty up and down at the moment but I mean to kick *** next week. I feel like I'm getting bigger again and I don't like it. Tonight I did have a glass of wine with dinner but I had one small glass and that's it. Oh and dinner was very healthy too, fish and a large green salad. I'm not waiting to Monday to start being better.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:21 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Mern, sending all the good vibes I have to the universe for improvment with your GD serious issue.

You amaze me with your ability to modify a "no-no" recipe into something with only 2.5 net carbs! Such creativity.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:30 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - ???, 1567, 1651 (close enough!), 1654 (close enough again!), 1747
2) do 2 out of 3 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons) - nada, walked 2 hrs (work)/weights, walk/weights, painted 7 hrs, painted 7 hrs
3) 20% protein minimum - ???, 19%, 24%, 17%, 20%
4) 72oz water minimum - maybe 24oz?, 72oz, 72oz, 56oz, 56oz
5) calorie deficit 600+ - surplus for sure, 927, 674, 1109, 1016
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, no, no, no, no
8) log all spending daily - no, no, yes, yes (didn't spend anything), yes (didn't spend anything)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.