Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 04/09/12

Old 04-12-2012, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

Posting my Thursday report including my pre-logged evening snack and then closing down the kitchen so I'll stay on track.

Tuesday through Sunday goals

(My Monday doesn't exist this week--because it was outrageously horrible)

Tuesday only: protein shakes as meal replacements except for half a Chipotle chicken tossed salad with ranch dressing for dinner and only veggies with low carb ranch dressing for snacks YES

Tuesday through Sunday:
Calorie limit 1500 1235, about 1800, 1539
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 16.2, about 60g, 24.4g
Fiber average 25g 35g, over 25g, 36g
Protein average 120g 126g, over 150g, 124g
Cholesterol limit 300g 195g, 350-400mg, 176mg
Saturated Fat Average 12% of total calories 12%, 15%?, 10%

Exercise 4 days YES, YES, scheduled day off
Water 64 oz. minimum YES, YES, YES
Old 04-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, hope all works out well with you and yours. Waiting is so hard; hang in there.

April, Hope, glad things are peaceful at your homes with the kids these days. I know it's taken a lot of hard work and patience and good old mom dedication to get there and I hope it continues without any major bumps in the road.

Jho, can I say I sympathize with you, and that you did a fantastic job stopping at just that! You'll be back on plan soon enough.

Lizzie, what a nice story; thanks for sharing.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

Had a great week, diet-wise. In fact, my calories were too low, which NEVER happens. I really accomplished a lot this week which is probably why I didn't take the time to eat. I get involved in something and then don't stop until I figure it out. lol Food choices were the best they have been since Christmas. Maybe, just maybe, I'm back on track for summer!

Thursday Check-In:

1. Calories at or below 1200. 978, 789, 956, 982
2. Water bottle at all times. Yes, I'm sloshing, Kind of, Yes, Yes
3. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. 3 fruits or veggies a day, minimum. 4,1 (only 1 meal ), 3, 3
5. No bread, cheese, butter, etc. None, Cheese in my veggie omelet, None, None

Personal Stuff To Accomplish By Friday:

1. Order photo invites. Photog won't call me back... grrrr. Done!
2. Call wholesaler about cups for party. Done!
3. Figure out decorations, table count, etc. Working on it. As far as I can go for now.
4. Figure out band set-up, power sources, etc. (Make call...) No, No... may delegate to hubby. Consider it delegated...
5. Napkins from daughter's work... remind her. Found a cheaper source... Done!
Old 04-12-2012, 02:01 PM
FitDay Member

April,

I was looking for square, good quality dinner napkins like Vanity Fair. I usually use Gordon Food Supply (...don't know if you have those near you). But they only had the rectangle ones. I know; it sounds picky. But when I have bigger events, I like to roll the silverware in the napkin and band it because I've been to too many events where you're trying to juggle your fork, knife, spoon, napkin, drink and then try to pass through a buffet line and it's a mess. I'm kind of a stickler about stupid details. My daughter is a hostess at a local restaurant and I was going to buy a case from them, but I actually found Vanity Fair napkins at a crazy low price on sale. People are going to read this and think that I'm really crazy! lol I'm just really picky about how food is presented and served. It's probably a little over the top for a grad party, but traditionally they are very large and over the top around here... I have no idea why. lol I'll probably serve 200-300 by the end of the day.

I was wondering if anyone would notice the DNR mention... LOL. Good thing she's cute because she sweet talked herself out of a very hefty fine that day.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

Mern,

Prayers and hugs to you and your family. Family issues can be so stressful. I'm sure a happy resolution is right around the corner. Just keep swimming!
Old 04-12-2012, 02:15 PM
FitDay Member

Mern, I will certainly say a prayer for your grandchild, no problem. I hope everything turns out OK.

Thank you for responding; you are so good about touching base with everyone. I think it's great your DD turned out to have the same rules and outlook as you. Obviously you did a lot worth repeating. I think if my DD has kids, she'll be stricter than me.

Last edited by canary52; 04-12-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
"It blew over."

That is the best thing ever! Our challenges have become smaller too. I still hate to anger him for fear of what could happen but he has been taking most things in stride lately. He is down to a minimal dose of meds and will be off them within the next week or so when the bottle is empty. Last night's challenge was him wanting to stay on his laptop until 9:30 to skype with an online friend (girl). 9pm is the rule on school nights. I said no he couldn't. He questioned why and I calmly told him that it was a school night. He got disappointed and sulked off but stayed on the rest of the time until 9 then brought his laptop to my room. We store it there to remove temptation for him to be on after lights out in his room (phone too). I then told him had it not been a school night I would have given him extra time and he just said that he knew.
It sounds like your son is making incredible progress. You are such a good mom.
Sometimes the less said with them the better. You state your position and they know that's it. There's comfort for them in that even if they fight you. And boy do they fight you. My DD's moods are fearsome and we always tried to please her - too much. That's what I would have done differently. I would have talked less, explained and justified less and been a little more of the "because I said so" school. Kind but firm.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - ???, 1567, 1651 (close enough!), 1654 (close enough again!)
2) do 2 out of 3 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons) - nada, walked 2 hrs (work)/weights, walk/weights, painted 7 hrs
3) 20% protein minimum - ???, 19%, 24%, 17%
4) 72oz water minimum - maybe 24oz?, 72oz, 72oz, 56oz
5) calorie deficit 600+ - surplus for sure, 927, 674, 1109
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, no, no, no
8) log all spending daily - no, no, yes, yes (didn't spend anything)
Old 04-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Check in:

1. Calories 1300 or fewer. 786, 1231 (not bad for pizza night ), 1005, 1084
2. Exercise 8 hours. 2.5, 2, 0, .5
3. Drink at least 2 big sports bottles water per day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Sleep at least 7 hours per night. 6, 7.5, 7, 7
5. Follow my pie chart rules. Fair, Good (short a gram or 2 of fiber, but I'll make it up), Great, and I made up the fiber shortage, Good
6. Log everything and check in daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

8. Repot the plant that's been on my list for the past 3 weeks!
9. Scope the new part of the trail for summer/fall goal. 85% done, will finish this wkd with hubby
10. Wash car.
11. Take the boy driving twice. Once-briefly
12. Make time to scrapbook at least once.
13. Start taking notes on college applications/finances.Bookmarked a few sites, started reading; meeting today with school counselor, Picked Quinn's brain for two days, lol!

Things were busy at work today and tomorrow will be worse. I have 4 patients scheduled at 11:00 and I'm not sure why she did that. I'm just finishing up my last report of the night. If I had skipped exercise, I could've gotten my 7 hours sleep, so it was a tough choice. Actually, I'm still sore from Tuesday's workout, but in a good way. Going to head for bed now and will catch you all tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:09 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Talking Thursday update

Health and Wellness Goals
1. Keep a deficit for the week of at least 3000
2. Walk every day for at least 30 minutes N-N but I was up and down a ladder all afternoon. That should count as a walk-N
3. To bed by 11pm Y-N 11:45-Y
4. Eat meals at a regular consistent time - and eat 3 meals a day. Y-Y-N (Dinner after 9 pm, but light - nibble on fruit and celery
5. Drink at least 150 oz of water / tea a day. 80-108-132

Other Goals
1. Set up shelf for fabrics
2. Complete quilt club project by Wednesday - No
3. Complete at least 1 overdue job at work along with regular work
4. Do my dishes every day Y-Y-Y
5. Clear the paperwork off my desk by Friday

Today, I purposefully told my staff that I was out of my workroom all day so that I could get work done without interruption. Paperwork (working on task #5), research - not as much done as I wanted. But it was a relaxing, fairly stress-free day overall. And then tonite off to one of my quilt groups for a little bit of socializing. Long chat on the phone and the day is done.

I checked my blood pressure today and it is the lowest it has been in years. It is now in the pre-hyper stage. I know it is all weight related and as the weight falls so does the bp. I'm really working FD to the max - really analyzing my nutrients and realizing there are a few key ones that are low. I changed my multivitamin and I am not sure I like it - feeling more tired than normal. But I will give it a try for a few weeks. If I still feel this way, then back to my old multiv.

April - I own a custom drapery workroom, and I installed draperies Wednesday afternoon.

Mern - prayers sent your way.

Off to bed now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.