Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/2/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/2/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/2/12

Old 04-04-2012, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

While I understand all the hubby frustration, I really can't relate to it. But I hope they all get the butt kicking they need to get them moving!

Originally Posted by Lizards13
I saw a girl on TV this morning age 15 and she makes herself up to look like a living doll, porcelain skin, long blonde hair, rosebud lips and rosy pink cheeks. At first I was horrified as she goes online like this and shows other kids how to do the make up but then I thought, well some dress as Goths, some as mods, others as rock chicks and some hippies (most of which I have been). She looked demure and pretty and it saddened me that I thought there will be pervs out there who will log on ogle this young girl for their own sick reasons but that's not her fault. Would I want my daughter if I had one to do this, probably no but I'm sure my mum hated me in my mini dress and white PVC boots.
I've seen this! I think it's kinda becoming a thing. Especially the doll-themed or "lollipop" lipstick. I've actually seen people do this.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Ugh. Here we go. Tuesday:

Health/Fitness
1) Above 1000 but under 1300 - 1355, 1200
2) No late-night snacking! - English muffin pizza, Y
3) Calisthenics at least 3 days this week and no half-assing it. - N, N
4) A mid-afternoon or after-dinner walk every night - Y, N

Life/Home
1) 3 Sections of math homework - N, 1.5 done!
2) Finish all online biology lectures and ace my exam - Three down, two to go, Done!
3) Spend less time on the internet (Fitday can be a small exception as long as I'm not on constantly) - Y, N

So, technically I didn't eat dinner until about 10:30 because I got out of work at 10. But I'm not counting it as a late-night snack. I also think this is a valid reason to skip a walk after.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

MORNIN PEEPS!

Wow - you all look like you are doing well so far this week!! Congrats to everybody for making it to humpday!!

This week is flying by even though I haven't done anything!! Is it wrong that I'm trying to plan my next few days around my workout schedule!! This is so crazy to me! I didn't get my bonus workout in last night but I feel guilty so I will probably run downstairs when Kenna goes for her nap - then ZUMBA tonight!! So excited! THEN - I'm dragging my MIL to the gym tomorrow to watch the kids while I try out the Bootcamp class!! Sounds like a lot of fun and hopefully I will make it a regular thing. .... Well maybe... I got a call from my former boss who is putting his "feelers" out for some upcoming changes. He was wondering if I would consider going back I'm going to have to work out the financial situation with 2 kids in daycare I'm not sure it would be worth me going back until we move to the city.

I have to let you guys know about a conversation I had with Braydon yesterday...hes so frickin funny:

Braydon: Mommy, dogs have whiskers, cats have whiskers and sea otters have whiskers!
me: oh really, did you learn that from the TV?
Braydon: No I learned it at school!
me: hmmm but you don't go to school buddy...
Braydon: Yes I do - Ima big boy now, seeeee? I'm strong!
me: yes but you aren't wearing any pants.
Braydon:....oh....

Thats my boy LOL! I hope this makes someone laugh! He's turning 3 at the end of April and is obsessed with going to school!

Health/Fitness
1. Drink min 80oz of WATER!! Y, N
2. Wake up early before my monsters wake up! (seriously)!! Y, Y
3. PM workout Mon/Wed/Fri(at least)!! Y
4. Min 60 crunches/day! Y, Y
5. Increase Protein / decrease Carbs!! kindof, NO
6. Calories below 1300/day! Y:1232, Y:1181
7. Don't crash and burn on the weekend! WEEKEND WARRIORS UNITE!!!

Family/Lifestyle
1. Take kids outside OR work on crafts min 1 hr/day (specified time: 10:30am)!! Y, Y
3. Work on Makenna's walking! Y, Y(3 steps today)
4. Encourage hubby to workout! N, (he worked out at the Gym)
5. Clean out coupon binder! N, Y Done!!
6. Sort and file all new coupons! N, half done
7. Work on Mom's Scrapbook 1hr/day! N, N

Looks like we are going to be busy bees for the next few days so I will check in when I can…. Later dudes!!
Old 04-04-2012, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Monday and Tuesday were complete failures for me. Last night at the social, I cleverly stuck to only one dessert. BUT THEN, stopped at Wendy's with my husband for a late (8pm) dinner. FAIL! So, today will be my new Monday.

Just got done reading all the posts from Monday and Tuesday. Sounds like a rough start to the week for most of us. Not too late to salvage the rest of it though before Sunday's big dinner, right?

Jho-
I absolutely loved the link that you provided! I was nodding my head in agreement as I read. I'm in my 29th straight year of continuously having a child under my roof. (10 year age gap between my oldest and youngest.) I have worked 60 hours a week, part-time and been a SAHM for the last 17 years. I don't have to tell you what was the most difficult. I get the "what do you DO all day" thing ALL the time, especially now that my oldest is about to graduate. Anyone who reads my posts knows that this past year is probably my busiest yet. It doesn't get easier as they get older; you just swap out one set of chores for another.

When my daughter was a toddler, I was the only one of my group that didn't work full-time. I was harassed constantly. The only things that I can add to the list of "...what do you do all day?" is that we are the ones who are first called to take in a sick child, elderly relative, drive somewhere, cook for an event, give a presentation, etc., etc., etc., because "we don't work, after all". Just ask almeeker. My days of wearing beautiful business suits and high heels, having long business lunches with adults and coming home to a warm, prepared meal were absolutely lovely. But, you know what? Once I had kids, the place for ME was with them.... not for everyone, but for me. Everyone teased me because I was really a driven perfectionist in the business world and said that I would go crazy and return to work within 6 months. 17 years later, I've never regretted my decision and was never once "bored"... I can't even type that with a straight face... lol. My days are generally 12-16 hours, with no breaks, paid vacations (heck, no pay at all!), days off, retirement, bonuses and rarely even a pat on the back. But, you know what? That's ok with me. This IS what I was meant to do. It's not for everyone, and not everyone can afford it. But for me, personally, it was right. At 18, even though I could sleep in, I still get up with her and get her day started on the right track. Do I have to? No, of course not. But, I heard her tell a friend that it would be "weird" if I didn't get up with her in the morning, so I'll continue for a few more weeks. They really do notice little things.

Ama,
My daughter is leaving for college in the fall to study Environmental Engineering... any advice that will help her in the future job market? Any areas that are "up-and-coming"?
Old 04-04-2012, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday weigh in: 186 (down 2). Woo hoo!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

I just finished my exercise and have earned my day off exercise tomorrow. I take off Thursdays and Sundays. I exercise Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, off Thursday, then exercise Friday and Saturday and off Sunday. Makes it a lot more tolerable for me since I hate exercise. Actually it's not so much the exercise I hate as it is hating the sweating and then having to interrupt my day with taking a shower before I can do anything else.

Luv, where are you? I wasn't online over the weekend. You OK?

Mike, LOL on the Women Haters Club clip. Kudos on the policy and on going to the gym.

Ladies and Mike, I gotta give credit to my DH. This week he's been spending more time taking care of our younger grandkids who are on spring break so that I can have a break, too. He's been taking them to the park, out for lunch, and even golfing. He taught our son and two grandsons how to golf, and now is teaching our 10 year old granddaughter and 7 year old grandson.

Nobe! Absolutely fantastic Tuesday report! Way to go! So glad you got in that walk--I hope it was a nice break from the pressures of the past several days. Big hug to ya! Congrats on the 2 lb. loss! Way to go on that, too!

Ama, I think you did a great job on your nutrition/exercise AND on your Eat Clean Pact goals. Just think of the benefits of having ONLY that small piece of fruit strip.

Ruby, huge hug to ya! I hope you have a way more easy-going day than you've had recently as well as a restful night sleep between middle of the night feedings.

HKG, I believe it's Amy (almeeker) who uses almond milk all the time. I've never tried it. Nice job on your goals! If you can eat the extra fruit jam and stay within your goals and handle the carbs in the jam, you're doing just great. No food police in our group.

Cassie, wow, you are rocking your goals this week, too! I hope you had a good night sleep. I feel surprisingly good today after waking once last night with a Charlie Horse and another time with a sinus headache. I guess it's because my exercise is done and I have day off child care on the grandkids' spring break.

Tori, great job on your calories! I hope you can get in some exercise before Mike starts getting on you. LOL Aw, that's great that you dye eggs with your bro's kids. Oh, hey, major kudos on keeping under 200! I wanna be like YOU when I grow up!

Tunnrida, wishing you a fun day out with your girls.

Mandy, hi. I think you did a quite nice job on your goals yesterday! Nice accomplishment especially with getting off work that late! Well done! As a young woman, I'm interested in what you think about the doll-themed gals. Whadaya think--just a fashion statement or a personal reason behind the choice?

Lizzie, I can understand teenagers making their fashion statement with the "porcelain faces" and hopefully they'll outgrow it before they get into the business world and are made fun of. My 16 year old granddaughter finally outgrew her need to assert herself with wild blue hair--probably because we just allowed her to express herself and didn't nag her about it. But I've seen grown women on TV who look they're wearing shiny, plastic Barbie doll masks and wonder why they think it looks good, especially if they have also had the Botox treatments which paralyze their faces so they have no different facial expression of emotions. I suspect maybe some of those grown women are trying to hide their pain behind the masks so I always feel sorry for them.

Jho, nice job on your achievements yesterday and kudos on all your exercise plans! You go girl! Braydon's whiskers conversation gave me a huge chuckle! What a cutie! When my son was little we couldn't afford pre-school, but I took him to storytime at the library once a week. He thought the librarian was a teacher and called it "library school."

Quinn, kudos on making today your new Monday. One should never be embarrassed about doing that as we all know the only failure is in giving up and you haven't done that. I've had kids under my roof for whom I've been the primary care giver since 1974 non-stop--going on 38 years in September, so I totally appreciate your relating your own experience to our young mothers here who are having a rough time. Like you, I had many rough times but now that my kids and grandkids are older, I can honestly say I wouldn't trade my experience for the world. At 65 I still have at least three more years before I will be out of child care, but babysitting my grandkids since their births, too, is its own reward as we are so close.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

Ladies, I've been off the wagon somewhat but my weight is following my goal graph which is good. Today I was 179.6
Old 04-04-2012, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by HardcaorKittyGirl
Better day for me today, but i've been soo busy ive barely had time to even think about food! Haha, well, i guess thats a good thing. today i went shopping and bought some almond milk. Ive never tried it before, but it has only 90 calories compared to the 130 in cows milk. Has anybody here tried it before? Is it good? I was hoping to add it to my breakfast fruity oatmeal tomorrow.
Almond milk= good

Quinn, you're an awesome mom, the most important job in the world.

Woohoos to Nobe and Mike: if we were in WW, I would be giving you little pins or at least applause for your weight loss. Here at FD I give you woo hoos: WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!

Last edited by canary52; 04-04-2012 at 04:16 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

) be a stretchy mama -Y, Y
2) 6 glasses H2O minimum [COLOR]6,9[/COLOR]
3) 3 gentle gyms OR short walks-[COLOR="seagreen"]N,N
4) 1650 calories max except on night of seder-1458 2200
5) lose 1-2 lbs -lost two (?!?) gained one
6) try to break writing block -tried No
7) positivity -Y except about DH who was getting on my nerves Yes
Old 04-04-2012, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Just pulled three pairs of pants out of my "too small" box that fit me now, and one is a size 14!! And two more have gone into the "I can do them up, but they don't look good yet" pile!! Yeehaw!

I mostly gave away my small clothes so they wouldn't be staring at me and making me feel bad, but I kept my favourites, and now that I'm actually doing something about my weight, I'm glad I did. Fancy yellow sweater that only looked good when I was at my thinnest, here I come!

I'm also trying to keep reminding myself, when all the 16 tags are getting me down, that even when I was 120 pounds, I was a size 10. These child-bearing hips don't give up their weight easily, and the 16 doesn't mean much. But you know I'm wearing the 14s right now just to prove I can

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.