Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/2/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/2/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 4/2/12

Old 04-06-2012, 11:38 AM
FitDay Member

Well, theres practically zilch in the fridge today and I'm kinda snowed in so I think I'm gonna order pizza. It won't up my calorie count over the limit but it will round up the carbs. At least I got my exercise in!

Tori I think we've all had our fair share of those days. But look on the bright side, you've been doing AWESOME weight wise! Don't worry, this day will end soon. Then enjoy a hearty dinner to make up for your skipped lunch.

Mern mmm... Your food is making me drool just thinking about it! LOL, but seriously, it sounds real good. Hope you enjoy your Easter dinner!

I'm going for an all-green day today guys so wish me luck!
Old 04-06-2012, 01:38 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,650 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,650) - 1970, 1484, 1612, 2419 (guilt-free day!), 1553
2) walk for 1 hour, 5 days - no, yes, yes, no, yes
3) weights 5 days - no, yes, yes, no, yes
4) Richard Simmons 3 days (child permitting) - yes, no, no, yes, no
5) 20% protein minimum - 24%, 32%, 28%, 19%, 25%
6) 72oz water minimum - 56oz, 72oz+, 72oz+, 64oz, 72oz
7) calorie deficit 600+ - 393, 826, 706, +70, 762
8) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
9) lights out by 11 pm (the night before) - no, yes, no, no, yes
10) log all spending daily - yes, yes, yes, no, yes
Old 04-06-2012, 02:12 PM
FitDay Member

Friday report:

Eating:
1. 1200 calories a dayN Y, 1186, Y 1163, Y 1025, Y 1120
2. Limited to 1 sweet treat a day N, N , Y, Y, Y
3. No potatoes Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
4. Fruits for breakfast Y, Y(tell me if you think extra fruit jam is cheating), Y, Y, Y
5. No food after dinner N, Y, Y, Y, Y
6. Log everything! Counting binges!N, Y, Y, Y, Y

Exersize:
1. 45 minutes a day Y, N (Too busy), Y, N, Y (notice a pattern? I dunno why it's on and off like that.)
2. 4 strength training sessions this week Y, N, Y, N, Y

Life/Home:
1. Write 5000 words this week Y (180. its not much, but its more than some days), Y 250(getting better), N, Y 328, Y 1620
Old 04-06-2012, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

Will catch up with the posts in the morning. Like last night I'm really sleepy but I want to post my report before bed.

Friday Report:

Eat Clean Pact: Only junk allowed is pork rinds and 2 pieces sugar free candy per day YES, YES, YES, YES, Not a horrible cheat but traded one piece of my sugar free candy for a one gram baked cheese puff.
Calorie limit 1500 1208, 1395, 1460, 1498, 1417
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 18.4g, 20.6g, 21.1g, 24.4g, close enough to call it green at 25.1g
Fiber average 25g per day 26g, 21g, 28g which brings my average up to a GREEN 25g , 26g, 30g
Cholesterol average under 300mg 190mg, 265mg, 287mg, 284mg, 211mg
Saturated fat average 12% or less of total calories 10%, 10%, 11%, 11%. 9%
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES, scheduled day off, YES
Old 04-07-2012, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Morning Warriors!!

Health/Fitness
1. Drink min 80oz of WATER!! Y, N, Y, ???, Y
2. Wake up early before my monsters wake up! (seriously)!! Y, Y, Y, Y, N
3. PM workout Mon/Wed/Fri(at least)!! Y, Y, Thurs Bonus, Y
4. Min 60 crunches/day! Y, Y, N, Y, N
5. Increase Protein / decrease Carbs!! kindof, NO....????? No
6. Calories below 1300/day! Y:1232, Y:1181, Y, ????, ??????
7. Don't crash and burn on the weekend! WEEKEND WARRIORS UNITE!!!....Lets see!

Family/Lifestyle
1. Take kids outside OR work on crafts min 1 hr/day (specified time: 10:30am)!! Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
3. Work on Makenna's walking! Y, Y(3 steps today), Y, Y, Y
4. Encourage hubby to workout! N, (he worked out at the Gym), He's on the wagon now!
5. Clean out coupon binder! N, Y
6. Sort and file all new coupons! N, half....still sorting (3 inserts this week WOOHOO!!)
7. Work on Mom's Scrapbook 1hr/day! N, N, N, N,N

Just flipping through the posts to catch up a little bit….I slipped and almost fell off the wagon but I was holding on by a pinky finger while my legs dragged in the dirt…. My BFF of 23 yrs just found out her DH was cheating on her – needless to say I’ve been by her side for most of the week and comfort food was present. BUT while I was in town I went to the gym and did a killer “bootcamp” workout at the Y – I was in so much pain yesterday – still feeling it today and still did a workout at home last night. NO PAIN NO GAIN!!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Mary – nice to meet you and nice to see you logging again!

Mern – you are rockin it this week!!! YAY

Mandy – When I have any sort of junk in the house its like a magnet!!! If I don’t buy it then I’m good!!

April – WOW congrats on your goal so far!!!

Tori – did you make it through the day!!??
Old 04-07-2012, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie, your starters tray sounds both yummy and pretty! I'd go for it! How 'bout we start at YOUR house and then progress to mine? LOL I love red velvet cake, but then again, I don't think I ever ate any cake that I didn't love. I hope your low day with the bad moments got better and that you have a wonderful weekend.

Ama, yes, thanks--I did get in my exercise and my day progressed fine. It really was wonderful catching up with my friend. It's great that you're keeping your water intake high. I don't know how true it is and I know it's not a substitute, but I've read that if we can't exercise, at least a high water intake will help keep our metabolisms speeded up. You're more fond of chickens than I. When I was a kid I didn't really notice their sweet personalities. I just liked watching them eat when I spread the feed and liked gathering the eggs for Grandma. I did feel sorry to shoo a chicken off her nest and then take her egg, though. So do roosters taste good? I don't know if I ever ate one. I think Grandma only had one at a time. Oh, silly me--I always think of warm weather and sunshine when I think of California. So nice that you love your part of the state.

HKG, exercise. Hope you enjoyed your pizza in the comfort and warmth of your home. Major kudos on your all green day! Yeah, I see your pattern--but it's good to not let yourself take more than one day off exercise at a time. Every other day shows renewed effort. I just barely missed an all green day due to deliberate choice of violating my Eat Clean Pact by substituting a piece of my allowed sugar free candy for a cheese puff. It certainly won't hurt my weight--I just needed to report it to stay committed to my pact. Aw, thanks for your kind words about my planned Easter dinner. Wishing you a lovely weekend, too.

Nobe! Major kudos to you, too, on your Friday report! OMG, you are so close to your next mini goal!

Jho, very praiseworthy to be holding onto the wagon by your pinky finger while your legs dragged in the dirt. Being supportive of friends sometimes does give us a little detour from our best food and fitness intentions. (So sorry 'bout your friend's discovery of her DH's cheating--I cannot even begin to imagine her pain.) Way to go on hitting the gym! Thanks for your encouragement of my accomplishments this week.

Well, I'm off to eat breakfast, then exercise, then head for the grocery store. I'll be back later tonight.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

OK, where are the Weekend Warriors? I went to the grocery store and got all I need for tomorrow's dinner. Bought some low sodium turkey for my lunches and forgot to check the carb count--but geez, it's turkey, why should it have sugar in it? Didn't notice the freakin' label said HONEY ROASTED turkey and it's five freakin' carbs for a two ounce serving, so I had to modify my lunch and I'm hungry already. I'll have a low carb protein shake with flaxmeal after I exercise, so maybe that'll take the edge off my hunger and carry me to dinner tonight.

I will not allow myself back on the computer until I'm done with exercise. Tomorrow is a scheduled day off exercise--nice in view of the family dinner at my house.

Lizzie, we had to change our family Easter meal to 2PM because my granddaughter has to work 4 to 8PM tomorrow. Can you still come? LOL No kidding, though, after all this joking around I know I'll be thinking about you while I'm eating tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

Sort of like a ghost town here today. Hellooooooooooooooooooooo!

DH and I have dinner cooking: cubed steaks, low carb baked soy beans, sliced cucumber, and broccoli. I'll have an all green day today.

I am changing tune for tomorrow, though. In addition to the sugar free angel food cake with sliced strawerries for Easter dinner dessert which I could eat and still have an all green day, I'm also going to allow myself to have 1/2 cup of my daughter's green bean casserole with my dinner--the traditional American one made with cream of mushroom soup and French fried onions which I usually don't eat because of the carbs. I'll be fine on calories, sat fat, cholesterol and stuff, just will be over in carbs by the casserole. But then come Monday morning it's right back on the wagon.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

Hello! just finished my workout and drank my two glasses of water so I thought I'd check in. I allowed myself a single Cadbury Creme egg so if I resist any other desserts for the rest of the day I shall be fine. The snows melting, thank goodness, so I will be rounding up the ingredients for Easter dinner today. Just to let y'all know in advance, I'm not going to make it on my no potatoes goal cuz its tradition to eat dumplings and turkey for Easter Saturday and Sunday. Other than that I'm weekend warrioring! I've just broken my on-and-off exercise pattern, thankfully.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
OK, where are the Weekend Warriors?
Sorry, Mern, et al .

Ran into some computer issues. As I mentioned, my laptop cord is a 45-minute drive away, I've depleted the battery except for emergency getting on it to get something off if I need it before Thursday, when I'm back at that office. I've backed up my libraries and am working on the desktop, and found a pretty nasty virus. Soooo, in between the necessities and hubby trying to clear it off, I've not been able to be on much.

Yesterday was a crapshoot with goals; today has been great.

Will try to check in later .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.