Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Old 03-27-2012, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

I have just enough time to get my goals in today as I am in the middle of meeting a super big deadline at work this week and next! I hope ya'll are doing well so far this week, and if not, I'm sending send big hugs your way in hopes that all will be better soon.

Health/Nutrition
1 - Daily calories <1500. Y
2 - Water 70oz minimum. Y
3 - Gym – 2x this week. Planned for Tue.
4 - Exercise at home – nightly for 15 minutes (except gym nights). 10min yoga,
5 - Cook healthy meals. Y
6 - No food after dinner. Y
7 - Follow Stay Clean Pact! Y

Family/Work
1 - Busy week at work – don’t stress! N
2 - Do a little housework each day so it does not pile up. 1 load laundry
3 - Take extra time each night to teach ABCs to DS. Y
4 - Tell Hubby he is awesome! Y, Y

----------------------------------------
Happy Tuesday! Ama
For fellow space junkies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalthea_(moon) )

Age 39, Height 5’6”
Short term goal: Fit into my favorite old Levis 515’s – and still be able to breathe. (5 lbs to go) Will try them on this weekend...
Short term goal #2: Be able to wear a swim suit this summer and not feel like I need to suck in my stomach all the time. (8lbs to go + a miracle suit)
Long term goal: Live a healthy lifestyle; physically, mentally and spiritually.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Just a quick check-in and then I have to try to find a lost set of keys.... ARRGHHHHH!!!!!

Monday:

1. One hour of "Me Time" every afternoon. Yes
2. Calories at or below 1200. 1191
3. Weigh daily. No, kind of afraid to.
4. Water bottle with at all times. Yes
5. No bread, cheese or butter, etc. Yes
6. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
7. NO MORE FAST FOOD!!! None
8. Hike or walk 3 times this week. 0 (weather not cooperating)
Old 03-27-2012, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

I just read this article that I found through a news website - a mother putting her 7-year-old child on a diet. Her child was obese, over a year the child lost 16 lbs., grew two inches, and is a healthy weight.

I don't have a problem with an obese child losing weight; what I have a problem with is the *methods* the mother used, such as public ridicule (loud arguments about why she can't have cake and cookies at a birthday party, for example).

I'm not a mother. I can't begin to discuss mothering techniques. And I do think that understanding how to help children who are obese is important. But I just felt kind of dirty after reading the article :\

TODAYMoms - Putting 7-year-old on a diet: Responsible, or reprehensible?
Old 03-27-2012, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes,
2. Shred 5 days this week (weekend will probably be off) M: Yes, T: No,
3. No Diet Coke (lent) M: Yes,
4. No salt added to my plate M: Yes,
5. Walk on lunch - 10miles again this week would be awesome M: 36min - 2miles,
6. Carbs under 50% M: 50%,
7. Watch Level 3 of 30 Day Shred so I know what I'm in for. M: No,
8. Weigh and post it daily M: 263.4lbs, T: 262.2lbs Weight change so far this week: -1.2lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Read something for 1/2 hr a day not on the internet (I am going to get this!) M: Yes (finally!),
2. Take dogs for a walk at least once (gotta get them ready for camping this summer and Chloe is a tornado on a leash) M: No,
3. Scrub the insides of the camper canvases M: DONE!!
4. Put curtains back up in camper M: DONE!!
5. Rug scrubber family room (weekend)
6. Laundry every day M: No,
7. If I am tired, go to sleep instead of bobbing my head while trying to stay awakeM: Yes,

Yesterday was a good day. Got the camper finished cleaning out inside and rehung the curtains. Had family therapy last night. This session was different than the rest as we didn't really talk about anything other than sort of going over memories from previous camping trips and zoo outings and family things. Drug out the photo books and looked through them. He then told me on his way out that he didn't want to seem like he wasn't doing his job but that last night was about reinforcing the positives about a family and producing hope in the future. I told him that I knew he was up to something when he hinted about photo books so I played along Momma's no dummy! LOL

Kimbur ... Sorry but I must have missed it. What is the big dive that you are planning?

JHO .. Well maybe I don't like being up at 5am but it does seem to be the time of day that I can get some things done before being pulled into doing things for everyone else. ... You did good on your goals yesterday.

Mern ... I was up at 4am on the weekend (and W-F) because that is what time hubby gets up for work. I get up with him and make his lunch & coffee and send him on his way. Then if I have things that need done I stay awake and get to it (weekends) or during the work week that is my workout time. ... Hubby thinks I should buy a mix to make the angel food cake. I'm not sure yet. We shall see.

Tunnrida ... I agree, lack of sleep can affect so many things. ... You have a very busy life.

Mike ... I think inviting your friend over for fish would be kind ... Sarcasm is definitely a language. Some become very skilled in it.

MyDayWillCome ... Sorry, I don't know your name. ... I have to say that I think dress code is important in school. Even my 14 yr old will tell me that the pretty girls can wear what they want but if a less attractive or heavy girl wears the same thing she will get called into the office for it. I don't think that is fair. Good luck! Let us know how it goes please.

Tori Tears and Snot...it happens hun. Get through it the best you know how and honestly when I hit a rough patch a few months back, I spent lots of time with a tissue.

Freshman ... Welcome! Great goals

Mh ... I would be mad at your roomate too!

Nobe ... Now that you no longer have to worry about working in that place you can get on with your green goals!

Cassie ... I would do a home project but I always have home projects in my mind that I don't have enough time for. Or when I do have time, I dont' have the budget. ... Chloe is like a devil sometimes when you try to walk her. Imagine an almost 60lb super energetic boxer dragging you down the road hard enough to rub your hand raw where the leash goes. She has gotten a bit better but wow that girl is tough. I'm going to have to do it the hard way with her I fear and just stop walking when she pulls. We may not get far but she will have to learn.

Crazigerl ... Negative thoughts will get you nowhere. I am glad you cleared them up.

Luv ... I am glad that my neighbors keep to themselves. If they started coming by with baked goods I would be in trouble.

Hope ... I am sorry about your fibro flare. YOu did awesome on your goals yesterday too. ... I know the feeling of gaining and losing the same weight. I have been 260-265 for like two months now.

Terri ... I love having that productive feeling. I had it this weekend and took full advantage of it. I hope you get to do the same!

Ama ... HOpe you get to meet your deadlines at work.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
I just read this article that I found through a news website - a mother putting her 7-year-old child on a diet. Her child was obese, over a year the child lost 16 lbs., grew two inches, and is a healthy weight.

I don't have a problem with an obese child losing weight; what I have a problem with is the *methods* the mother used, such as public ridicule (loud arguments about why she can't have cake and cookies at a birthday party, for example).

I'm not a mother. I can't begin to discuss mothering techniques. And I do think that understanding how to help children who are obese is important. But I just felt kind of dirty after reading the article :\

That is ridiculous! You should never ridicule your child!

Here is something brief...since my son has been put on some meds for his problems he is gaining weight and has an insatiable appetite. I am pleading for a reduction in meds next wednesday. I have said little things to him about maybe cutting back on how many helpings of dinner he will have. Or having a different snack than something junkfood. He knows and feels bad about his weight creeping up. He has always been so thin you could count his ribs. I am so scared that I will ruin what little self confidence he does have if I don't say the right thing about this right now. So mostly I tell him that I don't want him to get fat because it is too hard to reverse it. Look at me and you will know that you won't want to have to do all the work that I do to try and lose the weight.

I am so mad at this 'mother'. Her own issues should never be placed onto her poor daughter.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I'm curious, may I join in this group. I have been on fit day for a very long time. I reached my goals, and was doing great until an injury and other life episodes derailed me. I am right back where I started. I need accountability, but more than that, I need support. This seems like the most active forum.

I read the last 10 posts or so, you all seem really positive. Let me know, and I'll introduce myself and figure out what my real goals are besides just losing weight.
Thanks!
Old 03-27-2012, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome, stressa, we are always glad to have more along for the ride. Looking forward to getting to know you.

April, I was kinda picturing the tazmanian devil from Looney Tunes!
Old 03-27-2012, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by stressa
Hi, I'm curious, may I join in this group. I have been on fit day for a very long time. I reached my goals, and was doing great until an injury and other life episodes derailed me. I am right back where I started. I need accountability, but more than that, I need support. This seems like the most active forum.

I read the last 10 posts or so, you all seem really positive. Let me know, and I'll introduce myself and figure out what my real goals are besides just losing weight.
Thanks!
Please join us! Goals you set are for your fitness & health. We all are at different levels of fitness. I joined here because of the activity and the "real" people who have ups & downs.

On this thread: I've been instantly made welcomed, encouraged, pushed/nudged, made accountable, instructed/informed, sympathized/empathized with and made to laugh/smile/chuckle. It's very much a breathing & living entity.

Edited to add: Now back to my girls. Just ate lunch.
Terri ~ I'll read the article later. I'm soooo against ridicule & humiliation as a form of discipline.

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-27-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

That really is ridiculous. I don't plan on having any children (my aspiring career involves too much travel) but if I did, I certainly would never do something like this to my child. People need to realize that a persons health begins at a young age. Don't allow your children to get that unhealthy if you're going to ridicule them.

Side note: Did you guys know that the amount of fat cells you have at 8 years old is the amount you have for the rest of your life. You can shrink this number by feeding your kids more healthy options.

Also, thank you for your support Taubelle and everybody else! This is so much to keep up with but I feel like I'm a part of something in here!
Old 03-27-2012, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

Tunnrida: Tea works wonders. I'm trying to make myself drink a cup every day. I love it when I'm sick, but I tend to be a ditz and forget about it when I'm not. I think I'm actually going to add it to goals right now, thanks for the idea!
Take teas in bulk, not that junk in the filter bag!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.