Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Old 03-25-2012, 09:40 PM
FitDay Member

I have a pain in the stomach, but I will stick to my plan and I will not eat bread for a week or even toast.
I prefer to spend a day on fruit and tea.
I hope that this pain will not interfere with the exercise!
Old 03-26-2012, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Tori! It's ok to cry sweetheart - crying is just a stress reliever! Its good to breathe too!

EAT CLEAN PACT IN FULL AFFECT!!!!

Health/Fitness
1. Drink min 64oz of WATER!!
2. Wake up early before my monsters wake up! ****** Already screwed this one up grrrrrr damn monday mornings...
3. PM workout Mon/Wed/Fri!!
4. Min 50 crunches/day!
5. Log ALL food - no cheating or snacking on junk!
6. Calories below 1300/day!
7. Don't crash and burn on the weekend! *******

Home
1. Sell it.
2. Sell it.
3. Clean it
4. Sell it.
5. No dishes in sink before bed / counters cleared!

Family
1. Do fun activity/craft with kids min 1 hr/day!
2. Convince Braydon that Veggies are good!
3. Work on Makenna's walking!
4. Encourage hubby to workout!
Old 03-26-2012, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

Cool

I am stealing some of your goals since mine do not always work (but I will add some of those too.) First two are Mike's. Third one is Nobe's. Thanks , guys!!!

1) Walk 3 x
2) gym 3 x
3) 1650 per day (plus one cheat)
4) 6 glasses of water
5) meditate
6) write one hour per day
7) return books to library ( surely I can do that? My name is not Shirley - remember from the movie Airplane?)
8) STAY POSITIVE
9) 3 servings of veg minimum
10) be a stretchy mama

I can do this because I am, you got it, BAD TO THE BONE!!! B-B-B-B-B-B-B-BAD. But not apparently as bad as Nobe, who I hope looks good in instituitonal orange. You are too funny, girl!!!!!

Hi Quinn!!!! You definitely are worth investing in and I bet if you ask him nicely, Mike will kick your butt!!!

Tunnrider, I hope your tummy feels better!!!

Last edited by canary52; 03-26-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning!

All of the big, life-changing events that have been occurring since Christmas are all sorted out, for the most part, and it is well past time for me to take time to invest in my own health, happiness and well-being... in other words, I have to kick my butt into gear and clean up my diet!

Woke up to 21 degrees this morning which will make hiking a challenge... grrrrr.

On to this week's goals:

1. One hour of "Me Time" every afternoon.
2. Calories at or below 1200.
3. Weigh daily.
4. Water bottle with at all times.
5. No bread, cheese or butter, etc.
6. Take all vitamins and supplements.
7. NO MORE FAST FOOD!!!
8. Hike or walk 3 times this week.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

In addition to the Eat Clean Pact this week I'm going to work on reducing my portion sizes somewhat--not drastically--just enough to save some calories, fat, and carbs over the course of the day. Each little bit can add up. To start with this morning, I cut my egg, mushroom, and roasted red pepper sauce breakfast by 25% and didn't miss it. For my lunch wrap I think I'll skip the 1/2 low carb tortilla and double up on the fresh spinach rolled up inside turkey breast and low fat Swiss Cheese--with whole grain mustard instead of horseradish sauce. Haven't decided about how to cut calories or carbs at dinner, but I'll brag that I was going to have 3 oz. pineapple until I pre-logged it and saw it contains more than 1/3 my carb allowance for the entire day--so I'm going to the store to get strawberries instead.

Luv, the hula hoop smiley is so cute. LOL I'm in on the Eat Clean Pact again this week--same as before, no junk except my SF chocolate and pork rinds that keep me from falling off the wagon. I didn't even try to be good Saturday, though, so cheated anyway with carb-loaded baked beans with brown sugar and a snack cake.

Tunnrida, is the stomach pain associated with the lack of bread? Like does the bread help absorb excess stomach acid or something? Feel better soon! If you mentioned it before, I'm sorry I missed it: you converse like an American. If non-Croation, what do you do there?

Tori, Cassie, Quinn, welcome back, even if you don't have time to be super-chatty like some of us. We're just glad to have you sharing the journey to better health with us.

Cassie, feel better soon! Big gentle hug to ya!

Quinn, your new nickname for Mike should be BB--BAD to the BONE LOL

Mike, so when are you getting the new bike?

Hope, you are one nice mama to have that many kids over on such short notice! Glad the play went so well.

Nobe, wishing you a calm and satisfying last day of work.

Last edited by Mern; 03-26-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Wishful thinking! It's starchy, greasy, sugary, cheap food and people usually put on weight. So be nice and enjoy your day .
Yeah, I thought about that after I wrote it and then thought, "I'll get skinny because prison food is gross," and then I thought "who am I kidding? I love greasy starchy sugary food," and then I was so tired from all the thinking that I just left it. Oh well, I guess I'll have to get skinny the non-murder way
Old 03-26-2012, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning! Everyone already have an early start. Awesome!
I end the week with a lot of food. I went to a Vietnamese shopping center that's why. I didn't even log it. Don't know how with all the nick and nack that I ate. I estimated that it was around 1800-2200.
But I am back today and try to be good. Same goal as last week.

No more than 1400 cals
Follow P90X through out
Drink 4-16 oz of glass of water

Mai
Old 03-26-2012, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

"EAT CLEAN" PACT
*Jho82, Mern, Ama, nobe, Hope, Amy, & Luv*

*STARTS anew weekly thru 4/28. Sun MN thru Sat MN.*
"You can set your own clean eating terms--it may mean different things for different people Just be honest with yourselves--there are no food police here." ~ Mern
Please let me know if you want to opt in or out.

---> Jho82, Mern & Luv are in this week for sure. I'll go back & re-read some threads to make sure I didn't miss the others. You can also shout it out at me. ________________________________

Tori ~ Good to see ya! Thanks for starting the thread. Awwwww. . . .Can't you even cry in secret?

Cassie ~ I missed you. You're a motivator around here.

nobe ~ Good going on you taking advantage of a changed situation! Ha! Ha! I'm thrilled that you're choosing the "non-murder" way to weight-loss.

Hope ~ Get good sleep & then we have a new week full of possibilities! I learn from others around here about goals too. I borrow as well. As long as it suits you, that's all that matters.

crazigerl ~ Are you set for a new week?

Mike ~ If you want, you may look at my end goals of last week. I drank 100 oz daily since the day you challenged me. Thank you. I'm incorporating 100 oz to my goals. I love your goals with it's emphasis on 3 & the song to go with it. Ha! Ha! You always have such fun links.

Tunnrida ~ Please be careful with your nutrition choices! I'm sorry for you stomach pain. Do you think you have the flu?

Jho82 ~ I know that about getting up before the kids. I messed up big time this morning too with that one. I can get so much more done without interruptions AND wake up more quietly.

quinn ~ I really hope that you'll be able to get your "me" time in this week. That's one reason I like to get up before the kids - which didn't happen today. I recharge my battery & prepare myself for the day that way.

Mai ~ I too am thankful for a new week. Weekends are a challenging time for me as well. I think I need to find ways to make sure I'm active.

Mern ~ Yup! I love the smiley too. So this week when I'm tempted, I'll think of the smiley doing its hula hoop. I laughed out loud on last week's thread when you described your "fall" into the baked beans & coming up with the cake. You're too funny! I'm just glad that Monday morning is a new day & start of a new week.

It's a real challenge to get my Health Habits & Home Management Habits to run smoothly. Have you thought about when you change habits, how it takes a lot of time & effort? I think after a while it will settle down.

I also home educate my kids & so need to spend time with them that way. We all have time limitations, and so therein lies the challenge. I'm always trying to find new & better ways to fit it all in, or rather, what to best let go. Right now I'm typing this on one of our little breaks. These days, I'm training my girls to be independent in certain areas, according to their ages so that in the morning they follow through on an independent routine. While they do that, I exercise among other things. Then we have meet-ups. It's paying off with the older one, and she likes being more "adult" like.

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-27-2012 at 03:33 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Mern ~

Originally Posted by Mern
Quinn, your new nickname for Mike should be BB--BAD to the BONE LOL

Mike, so when are you getting the new bike?
Goes along with the word "batittude", doesn't it?!
Old 03-26-2012, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
Oh well, I guess I'll have to get skinny the non-murder way
OMG, what a good chuckle that gave me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.