FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/7040-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-03-26-12-a.html)

taubele 03-26-2012 04:46 AM

What day is it? O_O

Sorry I disappeared last week ladies, life got very, very, very, very hectic. It's still going to be hectic this week but hopefully more manageable if I'm disciplined. I've just had so many job interviews all of a sudden pulling me in 1,000 directions (though I know this is a problem many would kill to have...) on top of my lecturing that it's been very hard to stay focused. I stopped logging after Wednesday last week. I know I didn't go entirely off the rails, but I think I ate a lot of sodium and I'm up to 159.1 this morning. Hopefully, that's just salt, and I can get back down to where I saw 156 for a brief, shining moment in the sun. :o My sister also had a health scare and I was distracted on the phone with family a lot, but she seems to be okay now. Just more meds to add to her daily regiment, which is already scary-big :(

Have had three job interviews on the phone in the past few days. One of them was so-so, one was good, and one went VERY well, to the point where the guy basically told me that they're going to invite me out for a campus interview (His words were "I can't say this for certain because the Dean needs to approve, but it's very likely we'll invite you out" -- which means to me "I am going to recommend you but I have to wait for the Dean to sign it before I can say that" in academia-speak). I'll wait to hear back from the other two. I've also been contacted by a community college that wants to invite me for a campus interview, so things are moving along there. Not sure if a community college is what I want for the long term - it'd have to be right for me - but I'm not putting anything off of the table.

I need to be really focused this week, so my "other" category goals are going to reflect DAILY things I MUST accomplish in order to stay on track. It's likely to be a long list, you don't have to read it all if you don't want to :o There will probably be abbreviations and such not to give too much personal info away, haha. I might update them as the week goes on as well as things pop up

Tori: Hugs for whatever's making you feel like you need to cry, my dear. We're all here for you no matter what.

Cassie: Lovely to see you back. Missed you!

Weekly Goals

Health, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals
1) Calories under 1500 every day. Log and post average.
2) Exercise M, W, F, Sat for at least 45 minutes per session. Extra is awesome
3) Calorie deficit of at least 3,500
4) 80+ oz. of water per day
5) Multivitamin Daily
6) In bed by 11:30 every night. There are no excuses!!!!
7) Weigh in M, W, F and report here. M: 159.1

Other Goals
1) Make an effort on my appearance every day
2) Call grandmother
3) Check up on sister

Daily Other Goals:
Monday
1) Get in application to MM
2) 1/3-1/2 of lecture DONE
3) E-mail DCC/AT about Friday visit
4) Clean kitchen

Tuesday
1) LECTURE DONE
2) At least 3 hours on HPLC
3) Clean living room

Wednesday
1) Review lecture
2) Laundry night/clothes to goodwill

Thursday
1) Clean bedroom

Friday
1) Make sure all follow-ups completed
2) Check plant/refill if necessary

Mern 03-26-2012 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by fit4luv (Post 77308)
Goes along with the word "batittude", doesn't it?!

Good one, Luv! LOL

Mike, she means as in BAD attitude, not BEatitude. That's a wee bit different. LOL

01gt4.6 03-26-2012 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 77286)
I am stealing some of your goals since mine do not always work (but I will add some of those too.) First two are Mike's. Third one is Nobe's. Thanks , guys!!!

I can do this because I am, you got it, BAD TO THE BONE!!! B-B-B-B-B-B-B-BAD. But not apparently as bad as Nobe, who I hope looks good in instituitonal orange. You are too funny, girl!!!!!

Hi Quinn!!!! You definitely are worth investing in and I bet if you ask him nicely, Mike will kick your butt!!!

It's okay to steal/borrow goals. :) I'll be nice to Quinn. :)

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 77287)
Good Morning!

All of the big, life-changing events that have been occurring since Christmas are all sorted out, for the most part, and it is well past time for me to take time to invest in my own health, happiness and well-being... in other words, I have to kick my butt into gear and clean up my diet! :)

Woke up to 21 degrees this morning which will make hiking a challenge... grrrrr.

On to this week's goals:

1. One hour of "Me Time" every afternoon.
2. Calories at or below 1200.
3. Weigh daily.
4. Water bottle with at all times.
5. No bread, cheese or butter, etc.
6. Take all vitamins and supplements.
7. NO MORE FAST FOOD!!!
8. Hike or walk 3 times this week.

Nice goals there. It's good that everything is getting sorted out.

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 77297)
In addition to the Eat Clean Pact this week I'm going to work on reducing my portion sizes somewhat--not drastically--just enough to save some calories, fat, and carbs over the course of the day. Each little bit can add up. To start with this morning, I cut my egg, mushroom, and roasted red pepper sauce breakfast by 25% and didn't miss it. For my lunch wrap I think I'll skip the 1/2 low carb tortilla and double up on the fresh spinach rolled up inside turkey breast and low fat Swiss Cheese--with whole grain mustard instead of horseradish sauce. Haven't decided about how to cut calories or carbs at dinner, but I'll brag that I was going to have 3 oz. pineapple until I pre-logged it and saw it contains more than 1/3 my carb allowance for the entire day--so I'm going to the store to get strawberries instead.

Quinn, your new nickname for Mike should be BB--BAD to the BONE LOL

Mike, so when are you getting the new bike?

Sounds like you have your meal plan figured out. I'm not bad to the bone, that bike is bad to the bone. I guess I will have to be bad to the bone to tame that beast! If I can increase my auto premiums by $100k in 6 months, I'll reward myself with the bike. I'm think around the end of the 3rd qtr.

Originally Posted by fit4luv (Post 77306)
Mike ~ If you want, you may look at my end goals of last week. I drank 100 oz daily since the day you challenged me. Thank you. I'm incorporating 100 oz to my goals. I love your goals with it's emphasis on 3 & the song to go with it. Ha! Ha! You always have such fun links.

Nice job on the water!!! I knew you could do it. :)

Mern 03-26-2012 05:01 AM

Terri, so sorry to hear about your sister's bad health scare. I hope everything continues to go OK from here on out. Glad to hear your interviews are showing some promise. Ahhhh, maybe your dream job is on the horizon. :) Best wishes on your new goals. Sometimes I don't put all mine down because of them being something I don't want to share at this time, although putting down initials and letting the curious drive themselves nuts trying to guess sounds rather entertaining. LOL

amalthea1892 03-26-2012 05:09 AM

Happy Monday everyone! Last week there was a lot too much red in my goals list, but I am looking forward to starting clean and having a green week! My Hubby is back to work (whew!) so the eating out will be much less, and his home-style Southern fried cooking will be replaced with my California cuisine. Indeed last week was very tasty, but the scale hardly budged (but it did not go up at least :)). I tried on swimsuits at Kohl’s Saturday and still need to get about 8lbs off before I buy. I think I can do that by May if I keep a good momentum!

Nose to the grindstone starting today through this week! :D

Health/Nutrition
1- Daily calories <1500.
2- Water 70oz minimum.
3- Gym – 2x this week.
4- Exercise at home – nightly for 15 minutes (except gym nights).
5- Cook healthy meals.
6- No food after dinner.
7- Follow Stay Clean Pact!

Family/Work
1- Busy week at work – don’t stress!
2- Do a little housework each day so it does not pile up.
3- Take extra time each night to teach ABCs to DS.
4- Tell Hubby he is awesome!

----------------------------------------
Ama
For fellow space junkies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalthea_(moon) )

Age 39, Height 5’6”
Short term goal: Fit into my favorite old Levis 515’s – and still be able to breathe. (3-5 lbs to go)
Short term goal #2: Be able to wear a swim suit this summer and not feel like I need to suck in my stomach all the time. (8lbs to go + a miracle suit)
Long term goal: Live a healthy lifestyle; physically, mentally and spiritually.

ToriD1012 03-26-2012 05:27 AM

the week is not off to a very good start. I've already screwed at least 3 of my goals for the day. where's that hole when I wanna crawl into it???

taubele 03-26-2012 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 77317)
Terri, so sorry to hear about your sister's bad health scare. I hope everything continues to go OK from here on out. Glad to hear your interviews are showing some promise. Ahhhh, maybe your dream job is on the horizon. :) Best wishes on your new goals. Sometimes I don't put all mine down because of them being something I don't want to share at this time, although putting down initials and letting the curious drive themselves nuts trying to guess sounds rather entertaining. LOL

Thanks Mern :) She's okay, so I'm just going to tell myself that she'll keep being okay and worry only if I need to. She's a big girl and can take care of herself - I think I'm mostly upset because she'd been sick for a few days before anyone in my family deigned to tell me. I know they didn't want to worry me, but it still rankles.

I just HAVE to put down the big ones because that way it's staring me in the face, lol, or I'll just keep putting it off. I'm a terrible procrastinator. Best to you this week!!

Jho82 03-26-2012 06:13 AM

Tori - I've got red in mine already too! Don't get discouraged:

- take a deep breath and try to focus on the positive. Do whatever you need to do to take some stress off your shoulders

- CRY if you need to. It helps (I know from experience!)

- Meditate - light a candle and focus on the flame and nothing else - clear your mind for a few minutes!

- Play some Enya, lay on the floor, close your eyes and focus on every tense muscle trying to relax each one.

- Splurge on a massage!

- Call someone and vent!

- Yell at Mike

- Write in a journal - Try to make the negatives into positives

I'm just making stuff up now.... what does everybody else do to relieve stress????

amalthea1892 03-26-2012 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jho82 (Post 77321)
Tori - I've got red in mine already too! Don't get discouraged:

- take a deep breath and try to focus on the positive. Do whatever you need to do to take some stress off your shoulders

- CRY if you need to. It helps (I know from experience!)

- Meditate - light a candle and focus on the flame and nothing else - clear your mind for a few minutes!

- Play some Enya, lay on the floor, close your eyes and focus on every tense muscle trying to relax each one.

- Splurge on a massage!

- Call someone and vent!

- Yell at Mike

- Write in a journal - Try to make the negatives into positives

I'm just making stuff up now.... what does everybody else do to relieve stress????

To destress I grab a good mystery novel and a glass of wine. My brain does not shut-off with meditation, yoga, or massage, so distraction and diversion are my go-to options. Also drawing/painting are good distractions. If I can get into that right-brain mode reality ceases to exist for a period of time. But not a good idea if DS is around (hence the black marking pen all over my couch incident while I was not paying attention...).

Tori - I hope you feel better soon.
Jho- Thanks for the ideas!

Ama

fit4luv 03-26-2012 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 77314)
Good one, Luv! LOL

Mike, she means as in BAD attitude, not BEatitude. That's a wee bit different. LOL

woops! Ha! Ha! I spelled my own word wrong.:p I meant: "badittude".

ETA:
AMA ~ I'm "coloring" you in for the week for the EAT CLEAN Pact.
Looks like you have great goals.

TORI ~ Please don't hide. Keep swimming!