Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/26/12

Old 03-29-2012, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jho82
Totally agree with this... I may be crying before I start... or kicking and screaming BUT when I'm done, I feel great! I just have to try to remember that feel good part! Its a love-hate relationship!
I always tell myself if I'm not really feeling it, I can stop after ten minutes. Every time, though, I finish it out...it's like it takes a while for the endorphins to kick in, and by that time I don't want to have "wasted" the ten minutes, either! But somehow knowing I have an "out" gets me going if I'm reluctant to start with .
Old 03-29-2012, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Paging almeeker, paging almeeker:

Please report to the Board for a brief check in.
Thank you.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:12 AM
FitDay Member

Ama – we currently live about 45 min from London (ON) on a 6.5 acre hobby farm – we bought the place about 5 days before we found out we were pregnant… now that we have two we want to be in the city! Hopefully we sell soon! I have not even seen green this week for that goal but I will still try!
I can see why the move - 45 min is a ways out, especially with kids! My Hubby and I just pulled the opposite move - went from the city to the country, but it is only a 10 minute drive to town so not a big deal, and Hubby is only 6 miles from work - I am the one with the commute now, errr! Good luck with the sale!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Paging almeeker, paging almeeker:

Please report to the Board for a brief check in.
Thank you.
LOL... I was thinking about her today, too!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
Attachment 325

Found this on my facebook site. I have a serious craving for Panda Express right now!

Edit: I don't know how to resize photos!
you can click it and it gets bigger.

Mike – congrats on your RAK – doesn’t that feel good!! Only 2 more to go!!!! Good luck on making your decision – I like the blue but I think its because that’s what your photo is!
Yes it does feel good.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Mike ... Can you get the policies written up and then submit them next week so they hit that quarter? ... I hate when salesmen play that game. They never get my sale when they start that crap. ... I would count what you did for your brother as a RAK.
Yeah, I can. I'm going to try to hit one more to give my bro another have then I may call it quits for the day. Thanks.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

Ama ... If you are showing a deficit daily and your scale is going up you may want to look for sodium in your diet. Sodium makes our bodies hold water. Also are you logging sleep as an activity. It will reduce your spent calories if you log the sleep in. If you are doing all these things and it is still off....are you weighing & measuring your food? Maybe you are underestimating your portion sizes. Just some suggestions.
I think you nailed it! In more than one way! I was snacking on dill pickles when I read what you wrote about sodium... stopped me dead in my tracks... only 20 cals for 3 slices, but 170mg sodium ! No, I have not logged sleep, will start that. Weighing food - no, but I have a food scale on order from Amazon that should be here next week. I have been guessing alot on the weights. Thanks for the great suggestions!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
I think you nailed it! In more than one way! I was snacking on dill pickles when I read what you wrote about sodium... stopped me dead in my tracks... only 20 cals for 3 slices, but 170mg sodium ! No, I have not logged sleep, will start that. Weighing food - no, but I have a food scale on order from Amazon that should be here next week. I have been guessing alot on the weights. Thanks for the great suggestions!
Glad I could help. Those are three of the biggest lessons I learned when I first started. I still battle with the sodium sometimes.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

Tunnrida ... I did my Jillian work today too. I did the last day of level two of the 30 day shred. Tomorrow will be day 1 of level 3. I watched it last night and OMG I don't know how I am going to manage all that. I am a much bigger girl than they are!
You will be great!
Jillian kick ass!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:52 AM
FitDay Member

omg, the cheddar sour cream ruffles were calling my name!! it wasn't good, but at least I didn't eat the whole bag. going to go get a workout in, ciao
Old 03-29-2012, 11:10 AM
FitDay Member

Luv, I sometimes remove stuff I didn't think sounded right in print or stuff I think may be inappropriate or boring. But I think we're also more critical of our own posts whereas others are quite tolerant. LOL Wow, I so admire you for the homeschooling. I taught my kids and grandkids to read before they started kindergarten and that was the extent of my desire to teach.

Terri, thanks for the additional help on the bean/carb digesting enzymes. Makes me feel not quite so old, then, since "use it or lose it" is also a factor--actually sounds like a bigger factor than just plain aging. Well, that's my choice and I'm sticking to it. LOL So nice to have such an easy solution as: "so make them with low net carb black soybeans" Your calories, deficit, and exercise, and protein are awesome this week! OMG, you are getting so close to your healthy BMI weight!

Ama, I detest exercise! But I also hate lowering calories by 100. One day this will get easy... You did a great job this week. Keep up the good work!

Freshman, congrats on that workout and on the veggie intent. I just love it when I jump off a treadmill...period. LOL I'm glad you enjoy being one of our group memebers. We certainly are glad to have you with us.

Mike, splitting that policy counts as random acts of kindness... He is not random, but that particular act of kindness is not something that happens every day.

Jho, thanks for the chuckle and for the kind words. I am feeling much better today, thanks, and now I know to eat only black soybeans from now on. I just realized today how lucky I was that I had that incident while at home and not at a family reunion or something. OMG--I can imagine my in-laws insisting I go to the hospital and then explaining to them later I just needed an extensive tooting session. I hope you get relief from your tiredness and enjoy your evening with or without the bonus workout.

April, kudos on all the green in your report and on not killing your dock worker. LOL So nice that yoiu enjoyed the special time with your youngest son. Golly, I hope you get better sleep tonight. Love the sleepy smiley! It's perfectly OK--if God didn't want us to have a good laugh over a gas story he wouldn't have invented beans. LOL Great thing about omelets is that you can throw about anything into them. I just made a single one in the microwave today. The horseradish sauce has a little sweetness to it--under one carb per teaspoon so I count it as .7 g-- and I like it with shredded cheddar (but not Swiss) stuffed into celery. I've also enjoyed low carb ranch dressing mixed in with the shredded cheddar before stuffing the celery. I do have some odd tastes--like cinnamon on cold, cooked collard green leaves or raw, frozen green beans dipped in ranch dressing.

Tori, kudos on the workout after the chips. I did the opposite today--ate well within my guidelines but no workout.

Cassie, good point on the exercise. I've had times when I promised myself an out after five minutes, but then went 15, 20 or more.

Last edited by Mern; 03-29-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.