Notices

I over ate today!

Old 03-25-2012, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default I over ate today!

Hey ladies I am new to this fitness page...I have been a week into my diet and last night I ate a ton of food. I feel so discouraged...I don't have a ton of time to exercise because I am a student so I am really relying on food intake right now (until the school year is up) to lose weight. I feel so bad that I did that and I totally regret it. I want to lose 15 pounds by my cousins wedding in the middle of June. I have lost three already. I need some support!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Get past it, move on. Life is going to happen with you and around you from now until June. You have lost 3 pounds! Yay! get back to doing the right thing NOW. You want to KEEP the weight off after June, right? Learn from yesterday, change today.

Log your food, be honest with yourself. Move around a little. You might not have time to WORK OUT... but a 20 minute walk is about a mile, and that can be close to 100 calories burned...
Old 03-25-2012, 10:35 AM
FitDay Member

Agree ^
Do small changes: take the stairs instead of the elevator, walk instead of taking the bus, etc. It might not count as cardio, but it's still better than nothing. Oh, and you're not going to fail just because of a one day binge. Stay focused and keep doing what you've been doing and you'll be fine
Old 03-25-2012, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

Don't feel discouraged... it was only one day. I just went on a 3 day binge of junk food but I'm excited for tomorrow so I can set some new goals for myself. Seriously log your food and look at what works for you! If you are eating healthy foods you get to eat way more! You've already lost 3lbs so your well on your way - its a work in progress!

And come here often for support and motivation - AND to keep you on track!
Old 03-26-2012, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

and even IF the scale says something nasty... be realistic. If you logged and you didn't indulge in 3500 EXTRA calories... that gain is a fluctuation... consider the whole week in your caloric count. Cut back 80 calories a day until your next weigh in, that will equal one hour of a pretty full-on workout.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Frenchhen is right... if you just cut back a bit more over the next few days, you will make up for that. We all do it sometimes, believe me, I am getting pretty good at overeating on a Saturday night, and spending the next 3-4 days fixing it! LOL

Good luck, and DONT GIVE UP
Old 03-26-2012, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

Smile

Just get back on the horse. That's all you can do!

(Also, figure out what prompted you to overeat and how you can avoid that in the future - something to reduce stress without food? Being a student means exams and lots of sedentary work - maybe ramp up the exercise?)
Old 03-26-2012, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

I did eat a ton of food yesterday too. But today I am back. Just move on, we can't do anything in the past.
mai
Old 03-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Banned

today is a new day...
Old 03-27-2012, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by beccafries
today is a new day...
Today IS a new day! Thanks Becca! I had a lot of work that didn't get done yesterday, instead of sitting here, I'm going to go grab my list and knock a few things off of it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.