Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :)

Old 03-22-2012, 03:59 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,700 calories max/day - 2243, 1602, 1620, 1442
2) walk for 1 hour, lift weights for 1/2 hour every day except work days (I only work 2-3 days a week), but do it on work days too if I feel like it - no but worked, no but worked, walk 1hr/weights 1/2 hr, walk 1hr/weights 1/2 hr
3) eat more protein, get up from 17% - 23%, 22%, 23%, 25%
4) 64oz water minimum - 48oz, absolutely no idea, 64oz, 64oz
5) calorie deficit at least 500 - 284, 795, 699, 993
Old 03-22-2012, 07:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by HardcaorKittyGirl
WeightlossBoo I envy all the exersize you do! I honestly don't have time for anything more than a little yoga and a short jog (weather permitting). And then I spend my evenings training my cats. My smallest, Mimi ( three months) has just learned to sit on command! After only 3 days of training! I'm so proud of her! anyway, congrats on all the classes you take, because with that record, you'll be fit in no time!
Aw, I love cats! My cat ignores me most of the time. But he's learned to 'GET DOWN' on command if he's gotten up somewhere he shouldn't be. I also had to give him a bath yesterday because he'd been out rolling in oil or something. He was very good and only grumbled a bit in protest. Even let me use the cool setting on my hairdryer on him.

As for the exercise I'm sure there's some you can do in your own personal space? Squats, lunges, crunches, handweights, jacks, jogging on the spot? I have my own little 10-15 minute routine to music that I do if I'm not well enough to go to the gym, or if I've found a spare moment in the day. Maybe you could look on YT and find something that will work for you? x

Originally Posted by mydaywillcome
Thank you. Your support means more than you know. My doctor came up with cutting the doses so I get more of an appetite. Hopping on the bike tomorrow. Cranking out the weights Saturday. I can do this.
Congrats on your weight loss to date! I read your story and while you have a lot of concerns I have to point out that YOU'RE DOING IT!!!! WOOHOO!!! Maybe you need to be a little less hard on yourself. Seems like you're seeing this as a huge chore whereas it's much easier if you have fun and make it a positive addition to your life.

As for me, I'm not feeling too well so I've decided to have a rest day from the gym. Spent most of the night trying not to cough up my lungs, just cannot shake this flu completely! Going to do a little routine here instead and probably a walk later. Just haven't found enough time to fit them in this week!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by HardcaorKittyGirl
WeightlossBoo I envy all the exersize you do! I honestly don't have time for anything more than a little yoga and a short jog (weather permitting). And then I spend my evenings training my cats. My smallest, Mimi ( three months) has just learned to sit on command! After only 3 days of training! I'm so proud of her! anyway, congrats on all the classes you take, because with that record, you'll be fit in no time!

Right. Must get back to my cat training. (haha, I sound like such a crazy cat lady there. But in a way, I kind of am)
Well that certainly explains your screen name a bit. You train cats? Do you show them?
Old 03-22-2012, 11:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Some of those sound very fun. Especially the Spin class with imagery. We have to stare at a blue wall in Spin. Not very inspiring!!! Body Combat is a pre-choreographed workout from a company called 'Les Mills'. There's loads of videos of it on YT and Google videos if you wanted to see what it's all about. It's all over the world too so you may find out there's a class near you. The other one I do is Body Pump from the same people. Both are killer!

My philosophy has always been to challenge myself outside of my comfort zone. Plodding away at 3mph on a treadmill like most of the other big girls I know at the gym would bore me to tears!
I find the treadmill and the stationary bike both a dead bore, but give me a bike or a pair of walking shoes and push me out the door and I'm in heaven. I love to actually "go" somewhere to get exercise, I'm even thinking about getting some hiking boots . I'm sort of bummed by your description of the Body Combat class, I was so hoping for a military obstacle course. I've not heard about any local classes but we run a little behind the rest of the world around here.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:06 PM
FitDay Member

1) no more than 1700 calories per day: 1294, 1475, 1450,2053 ( was doing so well just had to have that late night snack)
2) 6 glasses of water minimum, 7 9, 8,7
3) walk or gym 3 times this week, NO MORE SLACKING: nice walk with DD, walk with DH, N,N
4) really stretch: Yeeeeessss, Y, Y, Y
5) eat clean: no sugar, low carb: Y, Y as best I could - reaction to antibiotics, needed to have something to settle tummy, N, Y
6) meditate: Y, Y, Y,Y
7) get back to serious writing, 2 hours per day at least 5 days no matter what: tried so Y &N, Y still a bit blocked but coming back a bit, N, N
8) clean up office, even a bit at a time: Y, Y, Y,Y9) clothes to Goodwill: N, N, N, N
10) return ill fitting sneakers: N, N, N, N
11) stay positive:Y, Y, Y, Y
Old 03-22-2012, 11:57 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow WED and THURS FitDay Challenge Update

"EAT CLEAN" PACT
*Jho82, Mern, nobe, Hope, Ama, Amy, & Luv*

*STARTS anew weekly thru 4/28. Sun MN thru Sat MN.*

"You can set your own clean eating terms--it may mean different things for different people Just be honest with yourselves--there are no food police here." ~ Mern

Please let me know if you want to opt in or out.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday was such a full day. Did a lot of extra activity (for me). In the afternoon took my girls (11 yr & 7 yr) to a park trail that we never did before. I misjudged and we walked at least 45 minutes, maybe full hour. Actually had my dh pick us up after his work & drive us back to our van. Great thing - more exercise + lost weight. Not so good-I overdid it for my body & suffered from it (felt sick.) At least we had water with us. Previous to that I cleaned house (for someone else for $) and did my 2 mile morning walk. The thing that bothers me is that I used to do lots of hiking & at that time a 45 minute or 1 hour walk would have felt quite good to me.
Sun = Cushion Day -> Respite with Reason . . . Daily = x6/wk

____FIT___health_____daily

FOCUS (2) Mind & Heart
1. Audio Bible &/or Hlth Group Bk Study *~* YES {M_T_W_R_ }
2. Thankfulness Journal Entry x6 *~* YES {x3}

INTAKE (4) Nutrition
FOOD .'. {5 Grain/Meat/Veg/Oils} & {3 Dairy~1½ Fruit} & {1-2 Extra}
3. Eat Clean (Avoid Junk) -> YES {M_T_W_R_ }
4. *1500* -1600 Calorie -> YES {M_T_R_ }::: ABOVE {W_}
5. Water (64 oz) -> YES {M_T_ }
:::WATER (80 oz) Wed thru Sun -> {W_}
::Pushed by Mike WATER (100 oz) THURS thru SUN -> YES {R_}
6. Supplements -> YES {M_T_W_R_ }

TRAIN (2) Movement
7. Focused Exercise (5 times) *~* YES {M_T_W_R_ }
*** Aerobic (150"): 140"
*** Muscular (Circuit x3): x2
*** Distance - Feet (10 mi): MET!

8. Lifestyle Activity (Min. 1 hr daily) *~* YES {M_W_R_ } ::: NO {T_ }

___DAY____life_____weekly
Stamp "Done" or "Incomplete" @ end of week.

...................DAZZLE...........
1. Kitchen (4 hr)*~* 2 hr
2. Cleaning (3 hr) *~* 10"
3. Clothing (x5) *~*x1 plus more in the works.
..........................ADMINISTRATE...........
4. Deskwork (30") *~*5"
................................YOMP-Outside Work..........
5. Spring Clean-up (1 hr) *~*

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-25-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

I'm really tired now & need to get some rest. Was up early. Started laundry, walked + did Circuit, started water (drank 32 oz), worked Focus goals . . .

off to la-la land . .. . Be back later to respond better.

Have a more FIT day, y'all!
Old 03-23-2012, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Okay, sometimes it's easier to break things down bit by bit. I'll respond in red.

Katy here..and the title says it all.. I really need some support.. You guys are the best.

So, as most of you know. I've lost 13 pounds so far. I weigh in every three weeks. I've weighed in twice so far. My first weigh in was at my peak weight, 260, three weeks after that, 247. Monday will mark my 3rd weigh in. I was super excited. Until I found something out.

I knew I was having problems eating, because my body wasn't letting me eat enough. Because of new medication I'm on for ADD, my appetite is basically gone, and it wasnt helping that I'm still suffering from a dangerous diet. 900 calories a day. far to low of a calorie deficit.I take adderall and while it can kill my appetite, it's short term. I still eat.. plenty. I'm on XR's and it still doesn't last all day, taking 2 a day I still get hungry. It's when I'm off of it that I'll eat the house down. Maybe you are on too high of a dose or should try another type? Right now im extremely malnourished, you should look into taking a good multi vitamin (or other supplements to help when you are lacking) but I still get sick at the thought of eating. Have you talked to a "professional" about this? An eating disorder can be difficult to get past. I haven't been able to stop crying (as immature and time wasting as that is. i like to think i'm not a crier) , There are many things that can set us on an emotional roller coaster, could be a lack of a nutrient, TOTM, or a number of different thing. because now I have to go to the doctors very soon and see what my new weight is at. Obviously it will be lower. but what if its all over. It's only "over" when you decide it's over. What if its far to low, I start gaining everything. I can be an extremist myself, but you have to learn to cut the edge off the extremes. You also have to get over the fear of gaining it all back. Know that only you can control if you gain it all back. It's all in your control.

What if my metabolism is shot..What if I start gaining all my weight back. Like I said, you have to take control and quit living in fear. You have to OWN IT!I promised myself with each weigh in, I would not gain a single pound. That's not a realistic promise, sooner or later you will gain on a weigh in. It's great to have short term goals but the big picture is what it's about. Don't let a gain break your spirit! I've been working so hard.. It would kill me if my body gained all that weight back..OWN IT! It was my starting motivation, and it kept me going.. This happened to me once after I had a surgery. and it wasn't as bad, but I was so infuriated with myself I gave up on weight loss You have to be stonger. Giving up will get you no where. until recent weeks. Now its worse. Calm down the extremes.

I don't know what to do. I'm so scared. I can't gain any weight back again. It's okay to be scred but don't live in fear of gaining ANY weight back. That's setting yourself up for failure. I'm getting my exercise bike in today. That was going to be the starter of my work out schedule. What if I don't even have the strength to use it? What it? You go slow and build up. I had to leave school today because I was so disoriented from lack of sleep and food. I've been living on water..I need food..Yes, eat! You have to give your body what it needs. If you don't your hair will get thin and start to fall out (you'll look like me), your teeth will get brittle, your nails will look nasty, your bones will get weak, you'll lose muscle tissue that is needed to help burn calories.

I've been trying so hard to eat, and everyone has been telling me that I'm not trying hard enough. But I really am. I'm so so so scared. If you are that scared to eat you really should talk to someone, for your own good.

Thoughts...? Yeah, I have a few... oh wait.Thank you..sorry I'm pouring this all out here im just. as i said. scared. About to go to the doctors..We'll see what my new weight is.. Congrats on the loss, make sure you are eating enough and getting what you body needs.

Katy, I think Mike did a great pep talk for you here, he lives with I don't know how many females (4-5?) and he knows the ropes probably better than most women... In addition to what Mike suggested I also feel strongly that you could benefit from learning to relax yourself with exercise, have you ever considered practicing yoga? Or possibly martial arts? I think either of those disciplines would help you reach a new level of inner peace and give you ways to focus your energy on something other than worry. Worry is really hard on a body, and from personal experience, really hard on your calorie budget.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report

Health Goals:

1. Calories 1,400 max. 1,348 1,369, 1,395, 2,460
2. Water 100 oz daily. Y,N, 80, 90
3. Workout 5 hours total. 0 min, 0 min, 85 min, 75 min (total 2:40)
4. Protein 25% or better. 28%, 11%, 32%, 10%
5. Calorie deficit 3,500 or more. -861, -638, -1083, +206 (-2,376)
6. Log everything and post daily. Y,Y,Y,Y
7. Do not be a weekend slacker. So far so good. SFSG. SFSG but weakening. Fell off wagon.
8. Pedometer, 10,000 daily, 2,000 aerobic. 8,556/0, 6,550/0, 10,784/10,412, 15,902/9072
9. Live the pact and eat clean. Y,N,N but really trying. NOT!

Other Stuff:

1. Call and get additional cookie booth arranged and make sign-up sheet. N,Y DONE.
2. Work on April and May calendar for G.S. N,N,N,N
4. Call guy about the elliptical. N,N,N,N
5. Work on rabbit cages. Y,N,Y,Y
6. Make appointment for shoulder. Y,Y,DONE
7. Housework 45 min daily + 1 load of laundry. YY, NN, YY, YY
8. Make calendar for History Club. N,N,Y,N

Lenten Goals:

No white flour. Y,N,Y,N
No white sugar Y,N,N,N
No skipping workouts, and no more than 2 consecutive days off. N,N,Y,Y
No cheating Y,N,N,N
No profanity N,N,Y,Y

Well you see there was this box of ice cream in the freezer. I tried to resist, but it um, sweet talked to me and I'm always a sucker for smooth sweet talk. And then there was this key lime pie. Thankfully I actually kept it to actual serving sizes on both of them, but the stupid key lime pie had 410 CALORIES PER SLICE!!!! And it wasn't even that big of a piece, like half the size of my palm and I have small hands! Ugh, I know I know you always have to read the label on stuff BEFORE you put it in your mouth.

In about an hour I have to go get some work done on my feet. Hopefully I can get tomorrow's workout in, but we'll see. I might have to do crunches and weights while I keep my foot elevated.

Last edited by almeeker; 03-23-2012 at 02:03 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Boo – when your body needs rest it def has ways of telling you! Loved your advice on the exercise routine at home – these exercises is what I start with when I’m working out at home just to get myself pumped!! Rest up, get rid of that darn flu!!

Nobe – Looks like you are doing amazing this week!!! P.s. I’m in London, ON!

Hope – I grew up with nighttime snacking….its a hard habit to break! I have never been able to get rid of the habit I just make an effort to have something a little lighter like Yogurt or Air popped popcorn. Looks like you are doing great though!

Luv – It’s so nice to get the kids out eh! Hope you are feeling better!

Almeeker – totally agree with you that Mike did a great job on breaking it down! Good suggestion on the yoga! I had to laugh at your Weekend Slacker goals…. Hey you made it to thursday right!? Today is a new day!! I’m holding my hand out to pull you back on!!!!!!! Get rid of the ice cream! Replace it with Frozen yogurt (its just as good)… what I do is put a scoop of the frozen yogurt (a very small scoop) in with a regular low fat yogurt (35cals) that way you get the craving out of your system – add some frozen grapes or blueberries and your laughing!

I actually feel guilty about not working out last night…. I can’t even describe to you all how excited I am about getting my “lifestyle” on track! Thanks for being here! AND I actually logged on to fitday before checking my facebook! That’s huge for me! I have a big challenge coming up tonight – I’m heading over to my sisters and she always has junk food in her house…. Doh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.