Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/19... Who's In? :)

Old 03-19-2012, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, I am sorry to hear about your lemon reaction and yeah you earned the carbs.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Amy, I am sorry to hear about your lemon reaction and yeah you earned the carbs.
You say that but what you don't know just how much frosting I ate, or that it was homemade chocolate & Irish cream frosting, a recipe I've spent a little too much time perfecting. A hunger striker might have deserved that binge, but my little lemon overload probably didn't. Oh well, it's Monday and I'm wiping the slate off right now.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in, need to be accountable and seeing the little successes will spur me on!

Daily Goals:
Drink at least 2.5 litres of water
No more than 2 slices of bread
At least 3 servings of fruit/veg
Eat breakfast within 1 hour of waking
Attend every booked fitness class, no cancelling!

Other Goals
Birthday Friday = Don't go overboard!
Walk 3 miles x3 over the week
Don't weigh myself
Old 03-19-2012, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. Will focus on being accountable == journalling. I will be at a retreat with 4 friends the next 3 days. I'm planning on taking healthy foods. (And wine) mary
Old 03-19-2012, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default Clean week

Happy Birthday to Nobe!!!!!

I am happy to have a new week so I can begin my plan. I also just discover there are 3 different plans in P90X. I want to lose weight so I choose "Lean".
Mike, I did Core Synergistics this morning and it is hard. I try to stick with it. I think I did a lot of mordified (like use a chair for pull up) I try to do push up but if I am too tired I drop to my knees. That is why I can follow it to the end, maybe.

I made muffin omelet last night and had some for breakfast. So far so good.

This is my goal,

1. Do P90x
2. Eat no more 1400 cals
3. No white carb
4. 72 floz of water
5. No alchohol

Mai
Old 03-19-2012, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator

My weekend was absolutely nutsy-hectic-holy-crap, but I am in this week. I didn't meet my exercise goals last week but I'm hoping this week it turns out that I can do it!

Monday is starting out well too The Machine That Must Not Be Named decided to crack a glass rod this morning, tiny pieces of glass all over everywhere up inside the works. SO MUCH FUN, right?? Exactly what I wanted to be doing this Monday!

(If I say it enough it might come true!)

Week Goals

Health/Lifestyle Goals
1) Keep calories under 1,500 every day. This includes weekends. Post average.
2) Exercise 4 hours total this week, and report the type of exercise
3) 80 oz. of water every day, more is better
4) Take multivitamin every day
5) In bed by 11:30 every night, no excuses
6) 25%- 30% protein average for the week
7) Weight M, W, F and report here. M: 158.3
8) Post what I ate every day

Other Goals
1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: I am smokin' today!
2) Get lecture for Thursday class done by Wednesday
3) Prep for Skype Interview Friday, 1:30 EST
4) Don't sweat the small stuff
5) Clean out car!!!!!
6) Call my grandmother

BF wants to do the "First Grill" of the year tonight. We were going to do it yesterday, but an hour-long work meeting for him turned into a 3-hour-long meeting and it was 9:30 by the time we got home, so we lost daylight. He's working until 7:00 tonight, so I'm hoping that I can get everything prepped for him so that by the time he gets home and showers, we can go out to the charcoal grille on our apartment complex and cook up some nice food! I'm going to have a marinated grilled chicken breast sandwich, and we'll have corn on the cob for a side. He also wants some HEAVY Homestyle mac and cheese from the grocery deli, which I'm hoping to avoid, so that's my mini-goal for tonight. The sandwich and corn should be plenty for me.

I'll catch up with everyone later, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOBE!!!!

~Terri
Old 03-19-2012, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

This weekend was super busy, just catching up on posts! Saturday was a free day, and I was pretty bad… But I got lots of great exercise this weekend to make up for it. I spent time hauling brush, chasing chickens, building a raised plant bed, and doing loads of housework. Scale did not go up despite Saturday… looking forward to losing another lb off my thighs this week if at all possible!

Recent discovery… my bathrobe weighs 0.8lbs. Reconnected with the next smaller notch on my belt. Faced the donut devil and conquered it! Compliment from my hubby… looking good!

New found fear… of Mern – I promise I’ll be good this week!

Nutrition goals
1 – Water 64oz/day.
2 – Calories max of 1500/day.
3 – No food after dinner each night.
4 – Follow Stay Clean Pact!
5 – Exercise more – Gym 3x this week; treadmill, stairmaster & weights.
6 – Pre-log food as much as possible.

Family/Home Goals
1 - Hubby is off work all week; try to not get on each other’s nerves!

Nobe – HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Do whatever makes you feel great today!

Mern – Congrats again on your super week last week! Three lbs in 1 week, fantastic; I am looking forward to seeing your progress this week as well! Green is great! And thank you so much for your words of encouragement – I am so glad to have found the motivation thread, hearing all the great stories helps kick me into gear!

Luv – I really appreciate the welcome and all the encouragement! I have been bouncing around a 20lb weight range for about 10 years now, and am trying to get in the habit of making some permanent changes. Congrats on your breakthrough and keep up the great work! And, I plan to stay Clean this week!

Jho - I write all my goals out in a Word doc so I just copy/paste. But I think I had too many goals last week… I have been looking forward to starting a new week too, time to erase my red and start clean! And yes, I absolutely avoid the scale if I think it may kill my motivation for the day. But I try not to avoid it for more than a few days so lbs do not start creeping up without my paying attention. Stress usually kills my appetite though. It is when I am feeling good that I get into the most trouble!

---------------------------------

Be safe! Ama
For fellow space junkies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalthea_(moon) )

Age 39, Height 5’6”
Short term goal: Fit into my favorite old Levis 515’s – and still be able to breathe. (5 or less lbs to go)
Short term goal #2: Be able to wear a swim suit this summer and not feel like I need to suck in my stomach all the time. (about 10lbs to go + a miracle suit)
Long term goal: Live a healthy lifestyle; physically, mentally and spiritually.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Originally Posted by almeeker
You say that but what you don't know just how much frosting I ate, or that it was homemade chocolate & Irish cream frosting, a recipe I've spent a little too much time perfecting. A hunger striker might have deserved that binge, but my little lemon overload probably didn't. Oh well, it's Monday and I'm wiping the slate off right now.
This frosting sounds kind of irresistable (chocolate AND Irish cream?) and frosting isn't even one of my particular vices. You are so funny tho; love the line about the hunger striker.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Not only did I fall off the wagon...I was drug behind it for miles!! I slipped 2 weeks ago when I got sick and it's taken a while to get my act together again. Thankfully, all those nasty cravings for sweets and food in general are no where near as strong as they used to be. Mostly I skipped on exercise and ate fairly well. Thankful it's a new week and I'm not up at all from last week!!

Goals for this week:

Exercise 4-5 days: M-Yes,

Calories under 1500: M-

Water above 80oz: M-

Lose 2 lbs by 3/26
Buy sister's b-day gift
Get second set of seeds planted
Get cardboard down in garden
Source out bales of straw (delivered)
Source/price loads of top soil and sand
Design layout of garden
Clean and package eggs to sell (hopefully sell a dozen or so)
Old 03-19-2012, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

As it's Monday night and I'm about to hit the hay I'm going to put my stats up now.

Daily Goals:
Drink at least 2.5 litres of water Y
No more than 2 slices of bread Y
At least 3 servings of fruit/veg Y/4
Eat breakfast within 1 hour of waking Y
Attend every booked fitness class, no cancelling! Y

Other Goals
Birthday Friday = Don't go overboard!
Walk 3 miles x3 over the week 1 of 3 completed
Don't weigh myself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.