Notices

Soo depressed!

Old 03-23-2010, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default Soo depressed!

I was doing so well. I was losing on a regular basis, but this past week it all fell apart. I weight myself weekly ( only way i keep motivation) and I have gained 2 pounds this week. Feel like kicking myself! I knew better then to not track my foods!
Old 03-23-2010, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Don't beat yourself up too bad about this... Try to look at is as a learning experience and motivation. I know that's easier said than done, but today is a new day and another chance for you to start over!

We've all been there before and share your pain. Just try to take that anger and flip it into motivation!
Old 03-23-2010, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Ditto on what Manda said. Also, have you ever overindulged on food, weighed yourself the next day and saw an increase of 2 pounds, then waited and weighed again 3 days later and it was back to "normal"? The 2 pound increase was the food sitting in our intestines. It's very difficult to lose 2 pounds of fat in 3 days. So...maybe some of that weight gain is actually food rather than fat. Glad you posted! Yes, tracking is the answer for me, too.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

I know my wieght gain this time was from not watching/ counting calories. I was sick last week and got off track. I keep telling myself it took me a few years to put this weight on,so i know it will take a while to take it off. I just get discouraged easily and depressed. Thanks for the encouragment.
---To Built-- nice to see a fellow Virginian here! LOL
Old 03-23-2010, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

Where in Va do you live, Kr1sty?
Old 03-23-2010, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Southwest Va
Old 03-23-2010, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

Tazewell Co. Didn't see that before. Well, howdy neighbor
Old 03-23-2010, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

I wouldn't sweat 2 pounds all that much. I've had bouts of constipation that were hedging 4 pounds. I also notice that the week before my period I don't really lose any weight no matter how good I am. Water gain or something. It's not the end of the world, get back up, dust yourself off and hop on the wagon again.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

I'm right there with ya-hit a rough patch and gained 3 lbs in a week Stress, illness and fast food-ugh! Today though I am 159.6 again-which is exactly where I was when I slipped, so now I'm back on track. You will be too. Just don't let this become an excuse to throw the whole diet out the window, we're in this for life. One week is nothing compared to a lifetime of better health.