Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12 >

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Notices

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Old 03-13-2012, 10:42 PM
FitDay Member

Health Goals:

1. Calories 1,400-1,500 or lower. 1,562, 1,888
2. Water 100 oz daily. 50, 100
3. Workout 5 hours total. 0 min, 45 min (total 0:45)
4. Protein 25% or better. 22%, 22%
5. Calorie deficit 3,500 or more. -418, -670 (total -1,088)
6. Log everything and post daily. Y,Y
7. Do not be a weekend slacker. So far so good. It's only Tues, and I'm getting weak already.

Other Stuff:

1. Call and get booth cookie sales arranged and make sign-up sheet. CALL MADE. DONE.
2. Type up new G.S. calendar and note about parade. N, DONE
3. Call 4-H office about mandatory meetings. N,N
4. Call guy about the elliptical. N,N
5. Call dad about wagon for Friday. N,N
6. Call Dr. about appointment. N,N
7. Housework 45 min daily + 1 load of laundry. NN, YY

Lenten Goals:

No white flour N,N
No white sugar N,N
No skipping workouts, and no more than 2 consecutive days off. N,Y
No cheating Y,Y/N
No profanity Y,Y

White rant below.

I hate Spring Forward!!! It always messes up my sleep pattern to the point where there isn't any sleep. Ugh. Why is it that perfectly sane people will utter inanities like, "we get more daylight this way". Um no, we get the same amount of daylight no matter what the frackin' clock says, if you want more daylight GET YO' BUTT OUT OF BED EARLIER! But no, we have to mess around with the clock because it totally messes with Amy's head and that my friends is solid humor. On top of the stupid "Spring Forward" nonsense, we came home from NOLA on Saturday so I actually lost 2 hours rather than just 1 like everybody else. On Monday I was late to pick the kids up from school. DH had set every last clock in the house forward except the one on my pedometer. Do you think I remembered that on Monday? Nope, the principal had to call and ask if I was coming to get my kids, and too bad for me I was right in the middle of a complicated coupon check-out and couldn't rush right out to the car. Well there goes my chances of being Mother of the Year, again.

Yesterday I did fairly well, got up, did my workout and I ate pretty well too, although I was a little over calories. I went to bed at the right time and then couldn't sleep in spite of being totally exhausted. I ended up getting out of bed at 11:30 and eating a rather generous bowl of ice cream. Ugh, I hate it when that happens. I woke up this morning absolutely starving and exhausted and didn't have the steam for my workout at all. The only good thing so far about today is that I can probably catch up with my workout partner tonight, so there is still a chance for that workout to happen.

Last edited by almeeker; 03-13-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Luv, Nobe also joined us on the Eat Clean Pact this week.

Anyone else joining us?

If anyone who joins messes up, don't feel defeated. Just jump right back in again. Each little success adds up!
I'm in, although there are 2 tubs of ice cream in the freezer. It's the low-fat low-sugar kind, and I can usually work in a 1/2 cup here and there. Trouble is when I'm hungry for ice cream (which is pretty much ALL THE TIME), a 1/2 cup is just the tip of the iceberg.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. No Diet Coke (still hanging on for lent) M: Yes, T: Yes,
3. 30 Day Shred Level 2 - 6 days of the week M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch when I can (not Weds due to sonogram appt) M: 40min - 2miles, T: 40min - 2miles, W: appt day,
5. Log it! M: Yes, T: Yes,
6. Carbs under 50% M: 57%, T: 40%,
7. Weekly deficit of 5000 M: -854, T: -762, Deficit this week: -1616
8. Weigh and post it daily M: 261.4lbs, T: 261.6lbs, W: 263.6lbs Freakin' sodium!!, Weight change this week: +2.2lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Don't get frustrated. He isn't doing it just to make me upset. M: Awesome day! , T: Another good day,
2. Do full body measurements...putting tape in my purse to take home right now!M: Nope, T: Nope, W: DONE!!
3. Read something that is not on the internet x3 this week M: No, T: No,

Did day 3 of level 2 today. This is the first day that I haven't done all beginner level exercises. Today I accomplished the plank jacks and the plank thrusts. I may not have had as much movement as the girls on the video but I was doing it and that was what mattered to me! I don't know if anyone else has done this video when they were at my size but I have difficulty with the plank twist at the end. Not that I can't do it, but my belly hangs down too far to be able to bring my leg far enough up and under myself to feel like I am really crossing it to get the twist part. Any ideas on that?

I'm up 2 lbs today. Freakin sodium! I know that is what it is. And here (in white) is the reason why even though I ate moderate portions.
This is the recipe from my hubby's high school years ago for pizzaburgers. 1 lb each of chipped ham, hard salami, bologna, american cheese. 2-1/2 lb browned lean hamburger. 2 jars pizza sauce. Oregano. Grind all through the meat grinder fine. Mix together like a sandwich spread. Put a spoonfull on half a burger bun and lay on a cookie sheet ( I had mine made on thin buns YUM!) top with pepperoni and mozz cheese. If anyone wants that recipe clarified I can get it out at home and make sure I didn't miss anything, but that is the jist of it.
It is so good, but it puts me up the next day every time. Oh and I'm sure the potato chips didn't help any either.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

WildB - I love the way you set up your goals and mark your progress each day! Do you use a spreadsheet or something on your computer or is there a spot in fitday somewhere to store this.... (maybe journal??) Just thought that I would check it out for next weeks thread. Is it ok if I use your structure?

Almeeker - I am totally with you on icecream!!!!! I'm a sugar freak! If its in the house I will eat it.... I also have 2 tubs in my fridge but in my defense I had a wicked coupon and got it for free.... I really have to restrain from it - drink water instead LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luv - thanks again for the advice on water and I LOVE LOVE LOVE "think about what I CAN have" the mind is a very powerful thing! And excited to be in on the pact!

Mern - you are always so positive and reassuring! I will strive to be more like you! You also have such great advice and support for everyone!

Tori - WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU (<-this is me yelling again).... If I don't see a positive statement on your next post you will be getting a private msg from me young lady! (like you really need to hear attitude from a newbie) Today is a new day hun! SO SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!

I'm gonna go chug 8 oz of water now and get it over with....oh by the way does anybody know how to change the time on this site.... the time is really weird and I've tried changing my time zone....?
Old 03-14-2012, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jho82
WildB - I love the way you set up your goals and mark your progress each day! Do you use a spreadsheet or something on your computer or is there a spot in fitday somewhere to store this.... (maybe journal??) Just thought that I would check it out for next weeks thread. Is it ok if I use your structure?
I just type them up at the beginning of the week in the thread and then each morning I go back to yesterday morning's post, hit quote and then delete off the post what I don't want on there for today. Then I add in the previous day's info.

One tip for this site, when you start posting longer posts. Always copy what you have typed up before hitting submit reply. Sometimes when it takes you a while to make a post you hit submit and get a blank white screen and refresh or the back button loses all the info you just typed up. Now I always copy before hitting submit.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jho82
Tori - WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU (<-this is me yelling again).... If I don't see a positive statement on your next post you will be getting a private msg from me young lady! (like you really need to hear attitude from a newbie) Today is a new day hun! SO SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!
First off... I don't know you because I've been MIA latey, but I really like you already! Mern has a whip and I have some steel toe boots. Let us know if you need to borrow either.

Tori, whatcha gonna do now? You just got called out by a newbie!!! Looks like you better get crackin' Before you try throwing me under the bus... my scale was down again this morning (180.4)
Old 03-14-2012, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator

Ama: Let us know how switching up your breakfast goes! I thought about cooking eggs and bacon this morning, but I had some bacon last night and I just went for the yogurt again.

nobe: I've honestly not tried cottage cheese in a long time - I remember trying it as a teenager and thinking it was gross, but maybe I should give cottage cheese another chance. Seems like it's a really good solution for mid-morning hunger, especially for those of us who really can't eat a big breakfast.

April: I have an incident every time I so much as LOOK at Cool Whip, limiting yourself to some finger-dips is okay in my book! Nice job on Monday!

Mern: Thanks for the thoughts about my Monday report - carbs are usually 40-50% of my total calories, so the apple was fine for me Actually on Monday I was at almost 60% carbs due to the really low-fatness of the day, I need to get back to a better balance! Good for you for hopping on the dreadmill even though you hate it; I'm right there with you in the generally-hate-to-exercise camp, I just keep telling myself the feeling of satisfaction once done is worth it! Your menus always sound delicious, mmmmm.

Luv: LOL, I am with you, there should be weight-gain plateaus too!! I like how you and Mern are soldiering there right next to each other, so close in your goals and goal dates!

ruby: Awesome job on your goals!

Mike: Sorry to hear about the claims, dude. Maybe the number crunching will bring a better outcome to you!

Jho: Getting used to the water is definitely something hard! April had some great advice for you about breaking it up. Maybe adding some flavor, like a Mio or Crystal Light, would help you? Just make sure to account the calories in them, but I think there's nothing wrong with flavored water if it helps you get it in. Also, I'm LOLing at your calling out of Tori, don't even worry about being a newbie, we all need to hear it from whoever can say it to us!

Hope: You're never a Debbie Downer, I'm just happy to read your posts being more upbeat and positive! Except the part about women with black eyes O_O I always find Modern Art either silly or creepy, there have been very few pieces that move me in a NICE way. Give me some classical art any time!

Tori: I hope you're feeling better and that your headache is gone. Don't listen to that ol' scale, just remember it's your frenemy, and you know better than whatever it's telling you right now. Hugs for you!

Amy: BAH to Spring Forward I say!!!!!! It's an old tradition that doesn't make sense anymore, and I agree we should just get rid of it. Let's all just set everything for half-an-hour off and keep it that way all year, yes? It's a nice compromise that'll be super-easy to get used to.

Health and Lifestyle Goals

1) Keep calories under 1500 every day, weekends included. M: 1,313 T: 1,620
2) Exercise for a total of four hours or more (I like Amy's way of adding up the minutes, so I will do that, maybe it will help) and post the TYPE of exercise M: 0 T: 52 min Zumba (Total: 52 minutes)
3) At least 80 oz. of water daily, shoot for 96 M: 80 T: 88
4) Calorie deficit of at least 3,500 M: -493 T: -766 (Total: -1,259)
5) Protein average for the week of 25-30% M: 32% T: 25% (Average: 28.5%)
6) Weigh M, W, F and post M: 160.3 W: 157.5
7) In bed by 11:30 M: No T: No
8) Post what I ate yesterday. Every single little thing.

T: Breakfast - One container of 0% fat greek yogurt (strawberry flavor) with a multivitamin (One-A-Day Women's Active Metabolism)
Lunch - Leftover chicken and dumplings (I estimated 1.25 servings), 1 medium/large green apple
Post-workout - One cup of 2% fat milk
Dinner - Turkey, bacon and cheese (LF mozzarella) panini. I added some lettuce and 2 slices of tomato after it was all melty. Side of baby spinach (fresh leaves) with berry vinigarette and one re-heated homemade biscuit with a pat of butter melted on it.

Other Stuff

1) Get BC application in M: No T: No
2) Prepare for phone interview Thursday (nervous!!!!!) M: Confirmed people I will be interviewing with and scanned their profiles T: Busy with other essential work
3) No more than 30 minutes daily on non-work related websites at work, other than FD. Yes, I'm timing it. I have been a procrastinating procrastinator due to stress. M: It was more like 50 minutes T: 45 minutes
4) Call Dad on Wednesday after eye surgery M: N/A T: N/A
5) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: yes, no makeup (breakout) T: yes, no makeup
6) Buy new workout clothes and underwear!!!! M-F: Weekend goal

After work yesterday I was again ready to chew the leather off my shoes. My fat content was at 10% at that point in the day. I resisted snacking again and went home at about 6:30 and popped in my Zumba DVD. I did it all, but I got light-headed/dizzy three times during the course of the workout and had to sit with my head between my knees for a couple of minutes, so I probably did half of the workout at 75% effort. That's okay, though, my HRM still said I got a normal burn (probably a testament to my heart racing dizziness).

BF got home right after I finished; I was laying on the floor beet-faced and trying to get even-keeled again. His empathy astounds me

BF: *sees me on the floor, not normal post-workout* "Are you okay?" He says this in a 70% amused, 28% confused, 2% concerned tone of voice
Me: "I need to eat a cow." I was so hungry at that point, and even water was tasting gross, I was swallowing it during my workout and wanting to spit it up. My stomach felt like a ball of acid.
BF: "Right. I'm afraid I'm not a farmer."
Me: "That is no excuse."
BF: "...So, what's for dinner?"

I'm pretty sure I gave him death-face at that point in time, and he just rolled his eyes, went into the kitchen and poured me a glass of milk and served it to me on the floor. I tell you what, too, that glass of milk may as well have been healing waters from the fountain of youth or something, because I INSTANTLY felt better. Like, wow. I've never had food do that to me before. BF then proceeded to cook dinner scrounging for some leftovers. A panini also never tasted so good. I ended my day at a fat content of 23% yesterday and I feel way better today.

I'm fairly certain I just need to be eating more fat. Of course, the scale was ONE-FIFTY-SEVEN-POINT-FIVE this morning, as though the Plateau Of No Sense is telling me that it enjoyed my little bout of low-fat dizziness and thinks I should continue!!!!!

I haven't seen 157-point-anything since my plateau started. I'm not going to say it's good and busted until I hit 155, but it's a good start. I'm not sure what caused it to budge so much at all so I'm still confused. The low-fat days? The workout dizziness? The Life-Saving Glass Of Milk? Your guess is as good as mine, ladies!

Today we're having lab meeting, which means there will be Pizza Hut. I have come prepared, though, with a snack of cut up celery, carrots, and a couple tablespoons of ranch dressing to drizzle on it. The entire snack is right around 200 cals. Also have couple cubes of cheese I've cut up. My plan is to eat some of it before lab meeting so the pizza isn't quite as tempting. Limiting myself to EITHER one slice of thin pizza and one breadstick OR two slices of thin pizza.

Dad's eye surgery is today, so my thoughts are with him, and I'll call at some point this afternoon.

Busy busy day today, so I'd better get to it!

~Terri
Old 03-14-2012, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday weigh in: 192

No change, but considering my bad days last week, I'll take it. It could have been way up. I think the 4lb loss last week was a fluke anyway.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
For years (at least on work days) I've had about half a cup of cottage cheese with maybe some fruit on my morning break, and that makes life so much easier. It seems to keep the hunger away until lunch better than anything else.
I read this last night then stopped at the grocery this morning on my way to work and picked up 2% cottage cheese (4-pack of 4oz cartons), bananas and a bag of walnuts. Thanks for the ideas Nobe!
Old 03-14-2012, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

I am so hungry today but so far I have only ate what I brought to work with me. I have my whole day logged out except for a snack tonight and am under 1500 calories. Just seems sometimes when I work out hard that I am so hungry that day. Guess that is the problem with working out in the morning. To quote Terri ... "I need to eat a cow"!

I have my hysterosonogram tonight to make final determination on what to do about my thickened endometrium. Probably what she already said she would do which is biopsy it and then follow up with a D&C. Sometimes being a girl just sucks! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.