Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12 >

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Community
Notices

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Old 03-12-2012, 03:09 PM
FitDay Member

Default Tryin' to play catchup

Amy--isn't NOLA just wonderful??? omGAH I love it down there. And NOLA food isn't like all southern food....it's SOOOOO much better!! Don't get me wrong, I love my regular ole Southern Cookin...but crawfish etouffee, gumbo, jambalaya---I could go on and on---there's nothing like it! OH, I love me some pickles any day of the week, but you deep fry 'em and I'm in Fat Girl Heaven! Especially if they're served with homemade Ranch dressing.....hmmm, now I'm craving. There are zillions of flavors of pork rinds, and just about all your normal chip and snack companies make them. Hot & Spicy are my faves. And of course the "fry aisle" was between the beer and munchies, it's a good grocery aisle layout. You fry up whatever you choose, grab some brews and something salty to go with your yummy fried deliciousness!!! Did you not hit up the Market for souvenirs? I got a friend's baby the cutest little Good Luck Doll, yeah it was made in China, but who cares!

Jho--oh, you don't need to worry about hurting my feelings by yelling at me. Stick around long enough and you'll realize that pushing, needling and challenging me gets me motivated. I can always use more than just Mike yellin and provoking me (stick around long enough, you'll see what I'm talking about) I've learned that I ALWAYS have to eat breakfast. That's the good thing about working in grocery, I have no excuse NOT to eat something. Even if it's something small. Home is when I have problems remembering to eat. Hey, we all have to start somewhere with our goals. I think my first ones were "don't sit on my butt all day" and "don't gorge myself to death". I built up as I've gone. You got this!!

nobe--good to see that we haven't scared you off yet. I see that you've dropped 11 lbs since you started! WOOHOOOOO!!! You're off to a good start!

Terri--That sucks about your nail, but at least you haven't let it get the best of you. And trust me when I say your Saturday was no where near as bad as mine. I didn't log a dang thing after lunch, and I'm very unsure of how many liquid calories I consumed Sat. night. Or how many were in my late night/very early Sunday morning meal at The Waffle House. I'll be sending warm and fuzzies for your dad's surgery and your phone interview Thursday. I actually LOVE reading everyone's "novels". I may not always comment, but I always read every word. I'm also an unusually fast talker, 'specially for a Southerner. My extended family is extremely close and extremely loud. We have to make sure we get heard, and I have no problems with that! And my own Momma has to have me slow down most days. What's sadder still, I type as fast as I talk. I'm right there with you on wishing most people would get to the point already, although I tend to make even the shortest story a long one. No Cliff's Notes with this girl!

rubypeanut--I respect any woman who has the get up and go after having a baby! Good for you for getting in your walk! Did you manage not to crab at DH?

Mike--I'm thinking you need to send me some crawfish this year if I can't get back down while they're in season. It's the ONE thing I didn't get to have when I was down. Dangit! I notice that you haven't posted any goals yet!! Do I need to return that boot????

Mary--it must have been the weekend to fall off the wagon. I know that I did! Here's hoping you can climb back on for the next 3 weeks!

Mern--I've decided that I'm adopting you as my momma here! Although, I've read some things from you that I could never imagine my momma saying. Glad to see that you made it to the gym today. As far as my weight loss, I normally have a BIG deficit by the end of the week. I'm probably under logging my activities too. I tend to lead a fairly active life outside of exercise, so that helps. Well, all of that and there's my crack habit too LOL!! And don't encourage Mike to boot me in the butt!!!

Joanna--how's school going? And we never did hear back on the guy you gave your number to at the bar? Anything ever pan out with that????? (see, I may not always comment right away, but I have the memory of an elephant!!!!)

Ama--I find that when I don't log in as often, I do horrible! I also log everything that I cook with. I try to keep everything super accurate in my logs. WooHOOOO at your scale being your lowest so far with FD!! I love it when that happens!

happy--you are NOT alone with the soda! I've been trying to kick my Diet Mountain Dew habit since November. I used to drink upward of 2L a day, so I understand. I'm down to 1 maybe 2 a day now. I try to stick to water, but some days are better than others. Oh, honey, smack that BF!!! Not really, I don't suggest violence. But you should let him know that his comments hurt. A lot of the time, the people closest to us are the ones who hurt us the worst, and they don't even mean to. I'm lucky, CN (what we call my bf around here) has been super supportive of me. We started "officially dating" right before his deployment, but I've known him for almost a decade. He told me that my weight isn't an issue with him, but he's super proud that I want to do something about it...FOR ME! I miss that man!!!!

Luv--I still have issues decoding your goals!! LOL! I kinda get your set up, but not really. But we all have to do what works for us. Good luck with them this week!

April--you had an AWESOME week last week!! Here's hoping this one is just as great. Thanks for the kudos about the jeans. I'm pretty sure they're a vanity size 12, but I don't really care....the tag says 12!!!

Hope--Glad to see you back. Sorry about your Chinese food problems....but at least you resisted!!! I had a friend call and ask if I wanted to go get some last week, and I had to politely decline. It's a weakness!!!

There, I think that's everybody. If I missed someone.....SORRY!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

Nobe, that's why I have a calorie limit of 1600 per day to lose weight--I can't lose on deprivation because it makes me think of cheating too often and then I fall into a binge when I feel deprived. I do that, too--lose some and then gain some or all back. Don't understand why I can't be excited with the loss and be proud of myself enough to continue. Congrats on your water and exercise yesterday and I hope your thighs feel better this morning! Glad you're in with me and Luv on the clean eating pledge this week (except for the two treats I allow myself that help keep me from eating full carb junk.) We'll work harder on fixing our self-sabotage.
Yeah, I can't deprive myself too much either. I find I'm craving less bad stuff, than I used to, though. I'm sure I've gained back last week's loss; I officially weigh myself on Wednesdays and I don't have high hopes. My thighs feel like a truck ran over them! But it feels good that they hurt because of exercise.

Saw the Cindy Sherman exhibit at MoMa - intense and disturbing.
What was it like? Love her.

So glad with how you're staying with us & participating. Can't wait to see your goals! Please stay safe thru the storm.
Thanks I was at work and the power never goes out there, so unfortunately I had to stay, haha. Lots of branches down and power outages around town but I wasn't really affected. Just a storm of bad decisions by the boss, but I stayed relatively safe

good to see that we haven't scared you off yet. I see that you've dropped 11 lbs since you started! WOOHOOOOO!!! You're off to a good start!
Thanks! Not looking forward to the scale this week, but the 11 pounds is keeping me going. Only 50 more to go. Sigh.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:28 PM
FitDay Member

Oh, and everyone talking about deep fried things: I once took a bus an hour and a half each way to share a deep fried Mars bar with a friend, and it was totally worth it. OMG. Crunchy gooey heaven on a plate.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:48 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
Oh, and everyone talking about deep fried things: I once took a bus an hour and a half each way to share a deep fried Mars bar with a friend, and it was totally worth it. OMG. Crunchy gooey heaven on a plate.
nope! Heaven on a plate is a freshly fried funnel cake topped with powdered sugar and cinnamon, drizzled with melted chocolate on top!! I actually told a carnival worker once that it was "a little piece of Heaven on a plate"....about an hour later I heard him on the mic trying to get people to his booth and he said "come and get your little piece of heaven on a plate. hot fresh funnel cakes!!" He SO totally owes me royalties for that!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:54 PM
FitDay Member

Default Monday Night Check In

Health/Fitness
1--no more than 1500 calories-M: 1485
2--minimum 64 oz water daily--more is better-M: 70.7
3--get off my ass and work out--I've really been struggling with this--M: Zumba Tu: Cardio Burn W: yoga Th: Zumba F: Cardio Burn Sa: yoga Su: watch yoga level 2-M: got off work late so had to improvise. Cousin called and wanted to walk. We only did a little over a mile, but then I talked her into doing Burn with me. She now hates Bob Harper as much as I do.
4--walk a minimum of 3 miles Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday-M: 1.14 wasn't scheduled, but I did it, so I'm posting it
5--post weight daily-M: 197.6

Life/Home
1--finish all laundry-N
2--wash and vacuum car-planned for day off on Wednesday
3--finish all paperwork, at work or at home-N
4--take deep cleansing breaths when she rattles my nerves, don't lose patience, and don't make snappy comments to her. she can't help most of it-minor snafu when I was at work. But I corrected myself halfway through
5--breathe through the stress, don't cry about it-I teared up, but didn't break down

As a whole, Monday wasn't bad. I wasn't motivated until my cousin (not the one who keeps standing me up) called. The fact that she WANTED to walk with me kinda gave me a pick me up. She's trying to make the SWAT team type thing at her prison, so she's trying to get into better shape. We all went to the movies Friday night, and later in the evening she was asking exactly what I was doing, because she can tell it works. She called me all day Saturday with different questions about her food. How much she should eat, how she should prepare it, etc. Bless her, she's not a cook, so that's not going in her favor. She even called and asked how many calories were in a salad LOL!! I told her to start logging, or at least start making better choices and she should start to see some results soon. She's just a smidge shorter than I am, and is starting heavier than I did. But she's got youth on her side, she's only 26. With a little bit of motivation, I know that she can do it. Her work schedule is going to be her biggest obstacle, she works third shift. I'm just glad that I can be a positive influence on her.

I think that's about it for the day. Gonna get ready and head for bed. See you all tomorrow!!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 03-12-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: typos
Old 03-12-2012, 05:18 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow Check-In Monday

Tori, that's fine about not understanding my goals. Just watch the pink (goals met) and the words "DONE" to appear by the end of the week. Hopefully, the red and "incompletes" don't happen too often. I like to come up with a way that I plug in numbers easily - like a checklist. And I need a motivational thought to keep me going for the week.

Mern ~ I ate clean today!!! I CAN do it.
I did great today with my health goals. Hope I can be consistent this week & stay strong when feeling tired. Thanks to encouragement recieved around here. I've really struggled these last few weeks with keeping on. It's refreshing to have a day like today.

FITDAY Challenge *~* CLEAN HOUSE
Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live. -Jim Rohn

Check-in: MON -
Sun = Cushion Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk

"EAT CLEAN" PACT w/ Mern is on the table.
(Sun MN thru Sat MN. Eat clean = FILL-UP on Good + AVOID Junk)

_____FIT__health___daily goals
FOCUS (2) Mind & Heart
1. Audio Bible &/or Hlth Group Bk :YES {M_ }
2. Thankfulness Journal:YES {M_ }

INTAKE (4) Nutrition
FOOD .'. {5 Grain/Meat/Veg/Oils} & {3 Dairy~1½ Fruit} & {1-2 Extra}
1. Clean (FILL-UP on Good + AVOID Junk) -> YES {M_ }
2. 1600-1700 Calorie -> AT/BELOW {M_ }
3. Water (64 oz) -> YES {M_ }
4. Supplements -> YES {M_ }

TRAIN (2) Movement
1. Focused Exercise *~* YES{M_ }
*Aerobic (150 min)-> DONE 30 min
*Muscular (Circuit x3) -> DONE x1
*Walk (10 mi) -> DONE 2 mi

2. Lifestyle Activity (15 hrs?)*~*Still figuring this portion.

_____DAY__life___weekly goals
Re-working House Management methods.
DAZZLE (2):
1. Kitchen & Cleaning (8 hr?)*~* 50 min
2. Clothing (x5)*~*

ADMINISTRATE (2):
1. Deskwork/Contacts (1 hr) *~* 15 min.
2. Study *~*

YOMP-Outside Work (2):
1. Clean-up *~*
2. Soil/Plants *~*

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-13-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Re-worked wording & changed a few goals.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Quick check in, running off to class.

Goals:
1) get back on track diet wise: Y?
2) 6 glasses of water: 8
3) walk or gym 3 x this week: N too tired
4) stretch: Y
5) limit sugar: Y
6) low carb: N
7) there is no excuse not to write every day: There are plenty of excuses! But I tried so I will say Y

Lost 2 pounds. How? No Chinese food? Probably helped.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, kudos on resisting the Chinese! I know how hard that is! Yes, you did way better with the choices you made. Congrats on your 2 lb. loss and on that pretty darned good report for yesterday.

Nobe, wonderful Monday report! Congratulations! It's great that you crave less than you used to. I know many do, but I don't appreciate the bit of soreness from more challenging exercise. Maybe because I'm 65 and have had more years of pain than you younger folks. LOL

Tori, I'm always happy to adopt a cyberkid. I'm sure I say a LOT of things proper mommas shouldn't say. Thanks for your encouragement on my making it to the gym yeterday. Ah, I THOUGHT you must be awfully active in your lifestyle outside of formal ecercise. Again, kudos on your loss. Crack habit--I don't believe that, but it's amusing. LOL I'll tell Mike to be nice to you. That was really smart of you to tell your cousin to start logging (like so she can figure for HERSELF how many calories are in her salad--sheesh, depends what you put IN it. LOL)

Mike, be nice to Tori, especially when she's high on crack. LOL

Luv, congrats on eating clean yesterday. I KNEW you could. Heck, I doubt that anyone here minds long posts. No one is forced to read anything they don't want to or don't have time for. I'm a long poster myself. I really want to reach my March 22 goal of 199, so due to being such a slow loser I'll have to work really hard and eat clean. Pre-logging my evening snack is key to keeping my nutrition counts on track--that's how I caught myself heading for an overage. I don't know how people who work outside the home do it--I'd have to pre-log my breakfast, lunch and evening snack the day before so I'd know what I had left for dinner.

I do love mashed potatoes but can't have them. BUT I love mashed cauliflower more. (If I want it really smooth like mashed potatoes I cook it until very tender.) I can make it taste almost exactly like a loaded baked potato or loaded mashed potatoes by adding salt & pepper, cheese, chives, sour cream, and bacon bits, and margarine or Kroger Fat Free Butter Flavored Sprinkles (found in the spices and seasonings aisle.) But sometimes I just add salt & pepper and cheese. Oh, I just caught that you called me the Queen of Vegetables. LOL I must admit I don't think I ever met a veggie that I don't like.

Last edited by Mern; 03-13-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey Mern,
I know you have mentioned mash cauliflower as a potato substitute before. Not being a big cauliflower fan (its OK, but not at the top of the list) I have looked at those comments and thought to myself: yeah, not so much. BUT, it was served with a pork chop dish I had at a restaurant on Sunday and OMG where have I been??? I was delish! I will try it at home soon.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Quick check in, running off to class.

Goals:
1) get back on track diet wise: Y?
2) 6 glasses of water: 8
3) walk or gym 3 x this week: N too tired
4) stretch: Y
5) limit sugar: Y
6) low carb: N
7) there is no excuse not to write every day: There are plenty of excuses! But I tried so I will say Y

Lost 2 pounds. How? No Chinese food? Probably helped.
Whoo hooo! nice.
Maybe you are just coming out of your shell , but I detect a whole lot more energy in your posts lately. As in running off to class!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.