Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12 >

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Community
Notices

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Old 03-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nobe
1) 1,700 calories max/day - 1454, 1417, 1557, 1467, 1406
2) walk for 1 hour, lift weights for 1/2 hour every day except work days (I only work 2-3 days a week), but do it on work days too if I feel like it - no but worked, no but worked, walk 1/2 hr/weights 1/2hr, walk 1 hr/weights 1/2 hr, no but worked
3) eat more protein, get up from 17% - 18% (it's a start!), 21%, 25%, 22%, 27%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz, 72oz, 64oz, 64oz, 64oz
5) calorie deficit at least 500 - 1069, 980, 726, 871, 991
Look at you with all that green!!! You've got this weekly goal setting thing down pat! Kudos.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Look at you with all that green!!! You've got this weekly goal setting thing down pat! Kudos.
Thanks! Though I just killed it somewhat with an eat-attack. I'm going back to post the new numbers.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:10 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow FRIDAY Report

"EAT CLEAN" PACT
*Jho82, Mern, nobe, Hope, Ama, Amy, & Luv*

STARTS anew weekly thru 4/28. Sun MN thru Sat MN.)
"You can set your own clean eating terms--it may mean different things for different people Just be honest with yourselves--there are no food police here." ~ Mern
IF I MISSED SOMEONE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. You may need to SHOUT at me!

____ BRIEFLY *~* Doing fine, but fighting for it.____
FOCUS: I remember Mern & some others posting what they were thankful for when I first started on this thread. Because of that & because of encouragement from my health group to keep a Thankfulness Journal, I made this part of my day. It's simple & quick, but very effective especially on my grumpiest of days. It helps me to replace the " stinkin' thinkin' " with hopeful outlook.

INTAKE: Sheeeesh! Munchy Attacks are such a fight & fright this week. So thankful for the log so I can log in before eating - at least while I'm home. Hot Tea works for me too. Also, the "EAT CLEAN" Pact flashes in my mind when I'm fighting temptation.

TRAIN: I love doing the Circuit. I'm such a beginner with my strength that this works out great for me. I feel the burn & the wonderful "I've worked out" feeling. It's simply 8 different exercises, 1 minute each. I use a stretchy band for a few of them. I see where I can grow yet with this routine, so it will stay on my goals for a little while yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
FITDAY Challenge *~* CLEAN HOUSE
Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live. -Jim Rohn
*~~~* Check-in: MON - TUES - WED -THURS -FRI -
Daily= X6 . . . Sun off = Respite with Reason

_______FIT____health___daily goals
FOCUS (2) Mind & Heart
1. Audio Bible &/or Hlth Group Bk*~*YES {M_T_W_R_F_ }
2. Thankfulness Journal*~*YES {M_T_W_R_F_ }

INTAKE (4) Nutrition
FOOD .'. {5 Grain/Meat/Veg/Oils} & {3 Dairy~1½ Fruit} & {1-2 Extra}
3. Eat Clean (Avoid Junk) -> YES {M_T_W_R_F_ }
4. 1600-1700 Calorie -> AT/BELOW {M_T_W_R_F_ }
5. Water (64 oz) -> YES {M_T_W_R_F_ }
6. Supplements -> YES {M_T_W_R_F_ }

TRAIN (2) Movement
7. Focused Exercise (5 times)*~* MET!
**Aerobic (150 min)-> MET! plus 30 minutes
**Muscular (Circuit x3) -> MET!
**Walk (10 mi) -> MET! plus 1 mile

8. Lifestyle Activity (Minimum 1 hr)*~* YES {M_T_W_R_F_ }

________DAY____life___weekly goals
Tally during week. "DONE" or "INCOMPLETE" stamped @ end of week.
DAZZLE (2):
1. Kitchen/Cleaning (Minimum 6 hr)*~* 3 hr + 35 min
2. Clothing (x5) *~* x2

ADMINISTRATE (2):
3. Deskwork (Minimum 1 hr) *~* 25 min.
4. Seatwork (r/t kids -Minimum 10 hr) *~*

YOMP-Outside Work (1):
5. Spring Clean-up *~*

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-18-2012 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Edit goal set-up.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

Health and Lifestyle Goals

1) Keep calories under 1500 every day, weekends included. M: 1,313 T: 1,620 W: 1,360 Th: 1,177 F: 1,526
2) Exercise for a total of four hours or more (I like Amy's way of adding up the minutes, so I will do that, maybe it will help) and post the TYPE of exercise M: 0 T: 52 min Zumba W: 0 min Th: 0 min F: 52 minutes (Zumba Live) (Total: 1h, 44 min)
3) At least 80 oz. of water daily, shoot for 96 M: 80 T: 88 W: 80 Th: 80 F: 88
4) Calorie deficit of at least 3,500 M: -493 T: -766 W: -441 Th: -624 F: -981 (Total: -3,305)
5) Protein average for the week of 25-30% M: 32% T: 25% W:25% Th: 35% F: 24% (Average: 28.2%)
6) Weigh M, W, F and post M: 160.3 W: 157.5 F: 159.8 (sigh....bouncy, bouncy, bouncy...)
7) In bed by 11:30 M: No T: No W: 11:32 counts! Th: yes F: No, I fell asleep on the couch around 11:15 though!
8) Post what I ate yesterday. Every single little thing.

f: Breakfast - One container of 0% fat greek yogurt (mango-peach flavor). One-A-Day Women's Active metabolism (multi).
Lunch - 2 slices of deli turkey and one slice of white american cheese (FF) on a flatout sandwich wrap with 2 tsp honey mustard. On the side, baby carrots and some cut celery sticks with LF ranch dressing and 1 oz. cubed colby cheese
Post-workout 1 cup of 2% fat milk
Dinner - 3.5 oz. "baked chicken parm" (It's like regular chicken parm, except I don't sear/brown it in olive oil on the stove first and just bake it in the oven after coating. I use just a light coating of breadcrumbs with lots of spices mixed in). I find cooking it on a rack helps it crisp up and get not-soggy so you barely notice it isn't seared. After the initial bake, I then added a LS basil-marinana I found (Gia Russa) and the last of the LF mozzarella in the house (Total 1/3 cup). I baked a total of about 14 oz. of chicken and ate half a breast. BF ate an entire breast, the other half-breast is waiting to be a leftover! Served over pasta.
Dessert - Half a serving of Dark Chocolate M&Ms

Other Stuff

1) Get BC application in M: No T: No W: No Th: No F: yes!
2) Prepare for phone interview Thursday (nervous!!!!!) M: Confirmed people I will be interviewing with and scanned their profiles T: Busy with other essential work W: yes Th: Did more prep in the morning and HAD interview! F-Sun: N/A
3) No more than 30 minutes daily on non-work related websites at work, other than FD. Yes, I'm timing it. I have been a procrastinating procrastinator due to stress. M: It was more like 50 minutes T: 45 minutes W: 25 minutes! Th: I honestly don't know, but it wasn't much. F: 30 minutes
4) Call Dad on Wednesday after eye surgery M: N/A T: N/A W: He called me before I could call him, haha. Th-Sun: N/A
5) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: yes, no makeup (breakout) T: yes, no makeup W: yes Th: yes, and I got a lot of comments. New shirt is a keeper! F: yes
6) Buy new workout clothes and underwear!!!! M-F: Weekend goal

Just checking in REAL quick with yesterday's numbers before I go make breakfast. Had a good day yesterday, but should have steered clear of those M&Ms. Here's to the weekend warriors!!!!

~Terri
Old 03-17-2012, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

I thought I saw that about quinn too. She better look me up if she does. We can get together are talk about fishing stories.
Yes, Sweetie, I'd look you up if I get down there. (Then I can hand off my flu to you!! ) No travel plans for me at the moment... have my hands full with graduation/college set-up/mother issues, etc. My last planned trip, a back-packing trip to Costa Rica last fall, was cancelled because my mom wasn't doing well. As soon as things settle down, that will be my first priority. Thinking about a late fall trip back to the Smokey's where we have rented a beautiful cabin several times before. But, for now, I'll just sit and **sniffle** with my box of Kleenex while everyone is out enjoying the 70 degree weather... may try to take a gentle hike this afternoon to clear my lungs.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Oh... and let's see some pics of that purple shirt, Barney!! lol (Just Kidding!)
Old 03-17-2012, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

I'll be back after I exercise.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Luv & Mern, I'm glad I made y'all laugh with that link.

OMG WTH WAS I THINKING???? I got talked into buying a purple shirt for the wedding. I have never worn purple (that I can think of... can't say that about pink after all the great donations). So yesterday I pigged out on cobbler and ice cream. Today I consume a bajilling mg of sodium with the crawfish and I am BLOATED. Can anyone guess what I'm going to look like tomorrow??? I'll give you one hint...

Come on, everybody, let's sing to Mike! I love you, you love me, we're a happy family....

BTW I did love your winning attitude post!!!

That and Amy's riff on art and food made me smile and I have been in a sucky suckeroo mood...
Old 03-17-2012, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

happy st patrick's day!!!
Old 03-17-2012, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

Jho, I had to look up Peek Freans. Looks pretty sensible--sure beats a high fat and sugar cookie. Oh, KD, now that stuff ain't so healthful. LOL Had to giggle--pork rinds don't sound very healthful, but the most of the fat is cooked out of them and they're zero carb. I can eat a serving and still have it fit into my low sat fat, low cholesterol, low carb, and high protein goals. I do avoid the scale when I don't want to know the damage I did. But I give it several days back on the wagon and then weigh. I'm with you--sometimes unappreciated scale numbers can be so demotivating! I weigh when I think I may have lost weight due being on track on my food, exercise, and water goals. Lifestyle sleep.

Luv, glad you liked the St. Patrick's Day card. Thanks for the kudos on my goal achievements. I want soooooooooo badly to see that 199 lbs. in my signature as a current weight. Golly, we've been so yackly lately in this group that I have had to skim the posts. I hope we have everyone listed. If not, all they have to do is let us know like Jho did. Great idea to do your Thankfulness Journal. I've slacked off on posting about that lately. The Eat Clean Pact got me to pare down my food so I wouldn't go over my carb limit yesterday. It was the only thing I had trouble with, but I made it through green again. OMG, look at all your magenta! And yeah, I saw that you even exceeded your aerobic exercise! Way to go!

Nobe, even after your snack treat of toast, peanut butter, and two cookies, you STILL did a fantastic job on your food and fitness goals. Kudos on a super green week! Kudos on doing the circuit exercises!

Mike, you are just FULL of laughs. Good for you! LOL on looking like Barney in the purple shirt. Don't know where I got the idea that Quinn was planning a visit to NO. Guess I'm just nuts. LOL

Hope, I thought ALL Pimp Daddies wear purple shirts. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, too.

Terri, great to see you here on a weekend. Your calories were close enough to call it green! Kudos on getting in that exercise Friday, too! You're gonna make your calorie deficit goal! You're still below your Monday weight. Your food yesterday sounds sooooooooo good. Yum!

Well, I have my exercise done, food pre-logged, caught up here, living room and deskroom (room with only a desk and recliner chair) straightened. Now just have to straighten the kitchen and take live-in GD to work and the rest of the day is ME TIME! I might not even have to cook dinner because DH is across town and eating a late lunch.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.