Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12 >

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Community
Notices

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Old 03-14-2012, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
It looks like I'm going to lose $20,000 of my bonus and it will take 3 years for these claims to come off. Can we say $60,000 down the drain?
I am so sorry to hear this. What a bummer, Mike. Wish I could send you a winning lottery ticket (if I had one.)
Old 03-14-2012, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

DH needs the computer but here's some catch-up without proofreading. If something I typed doesn't make sense, please just read what I MEANT, not what I TYPED. LOL

Amy, great job on your workout, calorie deficit and logging for Tuesday! I have no doubt you'll make up for the red-it's not all that bad. Aw, sorry daylight savings bit you in the butt! I absolutely love it and wish we could just stay on it all year round. Hope you have a good sleep tonight. Welcome to the Eat Clean Pact.

Ama, nice Wednesday goals. Welcome to the Eat Clean Pact. I'm a dark chocolate lover. It's not the sweetness I crave, but the chocolate. I eat a half just plain baking chocolate square sometimes. LOL

April, how'd your hysterosonogram go? Kudos on prelogging your food today. Wonderful job Tuedsay! I'm not even going to weigh tomorrow. I did really good today but ate a BUNCH of deli meat and cheese for which I'll pay dearly on the scale due to the sodium. I'm off exercise tomorrow and am going to concentrate on washing away all that salt. Kudos on advancing in the shred exercise. My belly hangs down far, too, and I have trouble shaving the top of my legs due to that. No help--just empathy.

Jho, well thanks for your sweet words. You're quite supportive yourself! So glad to have you in our group.

Terri, how'd your Dad's eye surgery go? That's wonderful that you know the green apples are no problem for you. Oh, I miss apples! No substitute for those that I know of. I hate doing the work of keeping macro percentages in line. I have to do no more than 25g net carbs and strive for 120g protein, so what messes me up is that if I go too far under 1600 calories, that drives my saturated fat percentage up. When that happens I don't know whether I should eat more protein and/or fiber to bring down my sat fat percentage or just leave it be. I'll have to talk to my doc about that. It's HER fault anyway because she wanted me to give up the daily 125 calories of avocado, so now I have to relearn how to balance the freakin' macros again! UGH! Oh, so sorry 'bout your dizziness during that workout. Men have a funny way of showing their concern, don't they? But your BF really stepped up to the plate with the milk and panini. I'm no expert, but I certainly do agree your body could be wanting more fat. Maybe that WAS the reason for the plateau--that it was hanging onto every bit of fat it could get because it NEEDS more fat. Sort of like the plateau from the "starvation mode" when people eat too few calories. Kudos on eating the cheese, veggies and ranch before the pizza!

Nobe, no change means that your 4 lb. loss last week stuck! Take it and smile. That's what I did this morning when I saw 216 on my scale--no change, but accepted that my 5 1/2 lb. loss since Feb. 29 stuck.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

I went from super bummed to super happy - mostly about getting awesome pointers from you guys!!! 40 oz today so far and I will be able to chug down 8 more oz (I may be up all night or just decide to sleep on the toilet but whatevs) I actually started using my kids bottles so that I know exactly how much I'm getting - they are 8oz bottles which I can easily chug! (and no - I don't chug them with the nipple on!)

Tori - you make me laugh! I liked your negativity in white LOL that was awesome! JUST KEEP SWIMMING!

Mike - I think we are going to get along just fine! Sorry to hear about your bonus - thats crazy amounts you should have some pretty good workouts getting all that anger out!

I'm so excited-I'm already thinking about my goals for next weeks thread!! But for now American Idol (FYI I am a reality TV junkie!!).
Old 03-14-2012, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

Default I'm sooooo temtped . .. so I'm here instead. ......

I won't say what kids & dh are doing in the kitchen right now. I'm avoiding my family at the moment, as much as I love them.

Originally Posted by [B
nobe;[/B]76028]I was supposed to do an hour walk today (day off) but there's crazy winds and the rain felt like shards of ice hitting my face, so I just booted it to the store, got what I needed, did a few laps around the store, and booted it home. Unless there's a huge change in the weather, I'm sticking with my half hour of fast/slow/fast walk. I'm not that ambitious.
BUT you did walk. You're in the habit of thinking about doing activity regularly. That's a big step forward.

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
So unmativated, but am forcing myself outside. I've made supper, ate it, and now gonna find my knee brace. I tossed it to the side the other night, and not real sure where it went. Just trying to keep myself honest today. UGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH
Oh Tori . . .Did you make it outside? How about your knee brace????? (((HUGS)))

Originally Posted by nobe
I know I shouldn't blame anyone else, but hubby hid cookies under the couch and I found them and I ate them There were only 4, and I gave two to my kid, but still...two cookies I wouldn't have otherwise had. But I guess it's four cookies hubby won't have, haha.
nobe ~ I soooo understand. Last weekend was not good for me. I won't go into what I had ... It's done. Now we move forward & keep making the next best choices. Hang in there!

I'll catch up on another post. . .

ETA: Sorry about the typo in the heading. Can't change it.

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-14-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=ToriD1012;76007]Jho--Yell away, newbie or not I need to hear it this week. *It might take a day or two, but eventually the yelling will piss me off enough to get me up and doing something.

Uuummmmm I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU BLAMED THE CAT! REALLY!?
Old 03-14-2012, 02:10 PM
FitDay Member

I THINK this catches me up. I hope I didn't miss anyone/anything. If anyone addressed me personally and I didn't reply, please let me know and I will answer ASAP.

Jho, congrats on your water intake! Hey, that's great that you use a bottle you can easily measure! We wouldn't care if you DO use the nipples. LOL

Ama, you can set your own terms for what is considered eating clean for you. There are no food police here. I'm allowing myself 2 sugar free chocolate miniatures and pork rinds--they've always been built into my plan to help keep me from cheating. Also, kudos on your house being virtually junk food free! That's great! Enjoy your Idol show.

Mike that really does suck about your bonus. Doesn't seem fair--not YOUR fault there are claims!

Hope, awsome clean eating goals! I forgot to answer you that my eat clean goals are just no junk food except for the 2 pieces of sugar free chocolate and the pork rinds that I have built into my eating plan at all times. Some days I eat one or the other or none at all. But if I don't have those to rely on I'll be eating snack cakes and Oreos. I love mushroom omelets! I bought some Walnut Creek (I think that's Amish) Lacey Swiss today from a deli counter and the sign said low sodium, reduced fat, but if looked up the nutrition facts online when I got home and it has 5g fat and 4 of that is sat fat per ounce. That's reduced fat? BUT it's so delicious I'm gonna work it in and scrimp on sat fat elsewhere in my menu. Yum...

Nobe, I try to prelog my chocolate, too, and like you, some days I don't have it, but it's there if I want it.

Tori, yeah, sounds like to need to have your back checked out. Oh, sweetie, huge hug to you on the CN stuff. Maybe he IS just busy and doesn't have computer access at this time.

Ruby, great job Tuesday. YES, cleaning the closet IS being nice to hubby!
Old 03-14-2012, 02:18 PM
FitDay Member

Hope, I saw your added note that it's Kraft Natural Cheese Extra Thin Swiss. Here I thought 5g fat in the Swiss I bought today was high, but I guess it's not for an ounce if one loves Swiss like I do. I'll have to look up to see how much fat is in full fat Swiss. Maybe I'll be astounded. LOL I rarely go down that way to the deli--went out of my way to get something there for a friend, so next time I want Swiss cheese I'll look for the Kraft Natural Extra Thin. Thanks for your help on that.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:24 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow Posting Wed goals. Determined to not let Red show through this week.

I really struggled this eve. DH nice enough to help finish kids' eve routine so I avoided their snack time. Just barely made a few goals, but I did make it! So far so good this week with FIT (Health) goals! I have to focus on what I CAN eat rather than what I cannot. Sometimes it's one moment at a time, like this evening.

I'm changing DAY (Life) goals as I try new approaches.

(Sun MN thru Sat MN. Eat clean = FILL-UP on Good + AVOID Junk)

IF I missed anyone, please let me know. Not intentional by any means.

~~~~~~
FITDAY Challenge *~* CLEAN HOUSE
Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live. -Jim Rohn
*~~~* Check-in: MON - TUES - WED

_______FIT____health___daily goals
FOCUS (2) Mind & Heart
1. Audio Bible &/or Hlth Group Bk*~*YES {M_T_W_ }
2. Thankfulness Journal*~*YES {M_T_W_ }

INTAKE (4) Nutrition
FOOD .'. {5 Grain/Meat/Veg/Oils} & {3 Dairy~1½ Fruit} & {1-2 Extra}
1. Eat Clean -> YES {M_T_W_ }
2. 1600-1700 Calorie -> AT/BELOW {M_T_W_ }
3. Water (64 oz) -> YES {M_T_W_ }
4. Supplements -> YES {M_T_W_ }

TRAIN (2) Movement
1. Focused Exercise (5 times)*~* YES{M_T_W_ }
**Aerobic (150 min)-> 90 min
**Muscular (Circuit x3) -> x2
**Walk (10 mi) -> 6 mi

2. Lifestyle Activity (Minimum 1 hr daily)*~* YES {M_T_W_ }

________DAY____life___weekly goals
Tally during week. "DONE" or "INCOMPLETE" stamped @ end of week.
Trying different Home Management methods.

DAZZLE (2):
1. Kitchen/Cleaning (Minimum 6 hr)*~* 2 hr + 40 min
2. Clothing (x5) *~* x2

ADMINISTRATE (2):
1. Deskwork (Minimum 1 hr) *~* 25 min.
2. Seatwork (r/t kids -Minimum 10 hr) *~*

YOMP-Outside Work (1):
Spring Clean-up *~*

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-15-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the sympathy ladies. I'm bummed out but it is what it is. Those are the rules so I have to take the good with the bad. The biggest blow is b/c I don't make that much money so the bonus was about a (much needed) 50% increase in my pay. I guess that's why my mom use to always tell me "Don't count your chickens before they hatch!" I just have to stay focused, keep doing what I'm doing, helping clients, building my book of business (clientele) and just know that later down the road I will be rewarded handsomely for all my hard work.

I know I still haven't posted goals and I haven't been around much (Wednesdays suck for me... work then straight to the gym, then straight to pool league)10:45pm and I'm finally home. I have hit the gym twice and walked once. I just need to commit the time here for my ladies. I promise, if nothing else, I will be a weekend warrior (I won't post much on Saturday b/c I have a wedding to go to... no it's not mine!), but I will have goals!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-14-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:03 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,700 calories max/day - 1454, 1417, 1557
2) walk for 1 hour, lift weights for 1/2 hour every day except work days (I only work 2-3 days a week), but do it on work days too if I feel like it - no but worked, no but worked, walk 1/2 hr/weights 1/2hr
3) eat more protein, get up from 17% - 18% (it's a start!), 21%, 25%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz, 72oz, 64oz
5) calorie deficit at least 500 - 1069, 980, 726

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.