FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In 3/23 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/690-5-15-pounders-weekly-check-3-23-a.html)

cjohnson728 03-22-2010 03:22 PM

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In 3/23

Hi Everyone! Hope the weekend was good to you all and that the week is starting off well also. Now is the time to "officially" check in what matters, so have at it!

Built 03-22-2010 10:29 PM

Cassie, thanks for setting this up every week!

Okay, this hasn't been my best week. I'm down a little in weight but up a little in abdominal circumference. I'd rather have the inches down. Oh well, the result IS congruent with the effort. So I'm going to be more cautious this week. This is the exact reason I'm grateful for this forum...accountability works.!

Dec. 28: 128.8# Mar. 23: 121.6#
Chest: 34.5" 34"
Abs: 29.5" 28!
Hips: 33.5" 33.25"
Thigh: 20.5" 19.75"

Hoping you all had a better week!

missmatch76 03-22-2010 10:32 PM

Hello, first again!

I've lost 1lb and a half this week, which makes me 142lbs. Not bad I suppose but it is slow going. This is dispite weekends away, meals out and people coming round to the house for dinner! I suppose I'm doing quite well considering, just wish things were moving a bit faster.

I've caught up with my goal graph from the initial quick drop in weight loss. So my target now is to not get above the line and therefore drop behind on my goal (too demotivating) which means being extra good so I've made a few changes: only 1/2 sugar in tea now, dropped the fruit with breakfast and halved my afternoon snack. Will also try to lay off the wine and late night snacks - my biggest downfall *sigh*

Got a chinese meal with work on Thursday, it's getting me down thinking about it - would rather not go but can't get out of it. Any suggestions? I am thinking soup for starter (crabmeat and sweetcorn, my fave) and one thing for main course, rather than lots of little things which will be hard to log and get right, and NO wine!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone's great results ladies! Just love being accountable to you all :)

mambogirl81 03-22-2010 10:58 PM

Well, I knew last week was too good to be true. I was down four pounds, but am back up two this week. It is that time, so hopefully things will be back down again by next week. At least it explains why I had crazy cravings a few days ago and was eating blocks of Baker's chocolate! I still keep forgetting to take measurements. It would be nice to know something may have shrunk this week.:o

Thanks for helping me be accountable, and hope everyone had a good week.

Jan 1 2010- 143
March 16- 134
March 23- 136

agarner3706 03-22-2010 11:13 PM

Good morning...and afternoon everyone:)

I am still at 147 this week. A little frustrating, but I am not giving in! My goal this week is to look for hidden calories in things I eat. I have a bad habit of eating 1 bite of something..candy, the kids leftovers, etc. I need to stop because I am sure the calories are adding up. Every little bit helps.

I did lose a little more in my measurements so I am really happy about that especially considering it's that time. Hopefully next week I will see better results.

Feb 11/Mar23
Weight:155/147
Waist:33/31.5
Chest:36.25/33.5
Hips:39/37.5
Thigh:22.75/21.25

Have a great day girls!!

missmatch76 03-22-2010 11:36 PM

Andrea, I do that! If it's one bite or something my boy has left then it doesn't count - naughty!!

quinnesec 03-23-2010 12:14 AM

Andrea, I do that when I'm cooking. lol If I'm making granola bars, or something, I figure there are no calories in the stuff that I eat out of the bowl, right? :)

Had another good week even though I had a lot of crazy schedules and unexpected events hurled my way.

I think, after all these weeks, I'm finally getting the hang of maintenance. The biggest surprise to me is that I can't eat as many calories as I thought that I would be able to. (But if I did, I'd go back to my old weight, so I guess it makes sense.)

Maintaining at 122. Very happy with that. Seems to be my new plateau. Sure sounds better than 140.

Congrats to all of you for your continued dedication. It's almost shorts and swimsuit weather... will you be ready? :)

quinn

mcestnik 03-23-2010 12:30 AM

STILL no movement in my weight. This is like week 3 or 4... so many I've lost count. But I am noticing my abs start to shine through. So it feels like I am losing weight, but the numbers never go down. My Goal this week is to REALLY stick to my diet, no processed foods, glutens, or additives. My friend wants to start swimming too, so I think i will do that in the mornings to mix up my activity. Another goal is to start running home from the gym instead of driving with my husband. The weather is supposed to be really nice this week and i SO wanted to last night but didn't have time (or so I told myself). Usually I am a bit more excited about my week ahead on these Tuesday posts, but after the stagnant weeks I've had and a Bachelorette party on Saturday that I am not looking forward to from a diet aspect, it's going to be rough staying optimistic this week.

cjohnson728 03-23-2010 01:26 AM

Great job, everyone!

Hey, Miki, I was where you were...three or four weeks of nothing and then things started to move again. Hang in there and I'm sure it will happen for you, too.

I agree about the calories, Quinn. Given the state of my thighs, I decided to stick on the reduced calorie plan for another couple weeks after getting to my goal, and this week I ended up only losing .2, when the numbers would suggest it should have been a pound. But, to paraphrase you, 114.8 is a lot better than 130. However, the notion that I will have to stay at this level of calories just to maintain is frustrating.

I am telling myself that I will work more on getting the muscles going than on getting the scale to move down. One really encouraging thing this week was that my body fat percentage is at 23%, which is into the "fitness" category as opposed to "acceptable." When the busy time at work is over and visiting family leaves, I am going to go to the library and the internet and develop a more organized weight training plan.

No, I am not ready for a swimsuit, but for once every pair of shorts in my drawers fits me :).

Speaking of spring shopping, has anyone found perfect jeans that work for a pear-shaped person? Small waist, larger hips and thighs...I dread trying on so many pairs and could use a jumping off point!

Way to be flexible and trouble-shoot this week, ladies! Always good to hear from everyone.

quinnesec 03-23-2010 01:35 AM

Great Jeans

Cassie, I have definitely had the "pear" thing going on my whole life! After losing weight, I found the most awesome jeans. The brand name is Neeso. I had never heard of them before, and I don't know how widely available they are, but they are made just for us. I found them in a little boutique-type shop but maybe they are available on line?

Most jeans always bagged in the waist for me, but these are like they are custom made. In fact, I bought 4 pair!

Hope this helps!

quinn

missmatch76 03-23-2010 01:46 AM

Cassie - I'm bordering from apple to pear shaped and would say defo boot-cut jeans to balance out those hips. If you want to be 'on-trend' with the skinny jean style, go for straight cut, skinny jeans are only for the very skinny!

Also, dark denim coloured jeans take a few pounds off too or, so I've heard.

All those sunday mornings watching Gok Wan have finally paid off :) Do you know who Gok Wan is in the US???

mandab1 03-23-2010 03:07 AM

FINALLY, I saw the scale move! Down 1 lb, so happy to finally see it budge even if it is just 1 lb.

I haven't measured, yet today because I'm feeling really bloated this morning. I had 10 pot stickers from the Chinese restaurant yesterday, plenty of sodium there but they sure did taste good!

Great job to everyone that's seen results!

runawayspoon 03-23-2010 03:13 AM

Hi-- me too-- 134.6 today. Starting: 142-- goal 125....36/27/36...now just to keep it below 135 would be great for awhile!

Built 03-23-2010 05:00 AM

Great job everyone. The good news is we are still being honest with ourselves about food intake, are exercising, and results ARE on the way. For those of us that lift weights regularly, please take note of your measurements more than the scale. This is really important. The scale just won't tell you how much muscle tissue you're adding. Inches lost are a better indicator of progress. Obviously measuring daily would be discouraging but once every week or two is a good idea. The scale is still a good tool--just doesn't tell the whole story.

Quinn: Good for you, girl! Maintenance is the ultimate goal. You are doing it!! It is sobering to realize that we cannot increase our calories as much as we'd hoped in maintenance. My old way of thinking was 'bring on the (insert favorite junk food)' when I hit my goal. The mindset I'm trying to cultivate when I hit 120 is 'bring on an extra fruit serving and/or maybe one more serving of starch'.

quinnesec 03-23-2010 12:06 PM

Beth- Every other time I have lost weight, I was the same way. In fact, I remember another time when I reached a 25 lb. weight loss goal, my "reward" was to go to my favorite Italian restaurant and order the "Italian Festival". (The plate was the size of my head! lol)

I now realize that you are exactly right. I've increased a few more healthy carbs, granola bars for example, and am allowing a few more healthy snacks during the day. One of my new favorite evening snacks is a large bowl of fruit with fat free whipped topping. (Topping only has 20 cal. per 2 tablespoons. Not exactly a health food, but it satisfies my craving for something creamy like ice cream.)

I'm afraid my "Italian Festival" days may be over... sigh... But my husband is following the same maintenance plan, making it much easier for me to eat clean. We keep each other honest.

Built 03-23-2010 12:17 PM

It helps tremendously when the spouse is on the same page...good for the both of you!

cjohnson728 03-23-2010 01:08 PM

Yes, I agree with both of you. One of my fave snacks is yogurt with fruit and some chopped almonds sprinkled over if I'm low on protein and fat for the day. The fruit with the whipped topping sounds good, too.

Sounds like the "Italian festival" is something that you could split with about eight people if you need a taste (unless of course it's a trigger food).

You guys are doing so great; I'm so excited that this can be done!!!!

My MIL is Italian and I've been experimenting with sauces and have switched over to the whole wheat pasta. We only have it once every month or two, but I was surprised at how healthy the basic sauce recipe is when I calculated it out....it's mostly just tomatoes and spices.

Spoon, Manda, great job, and thanks ladies for the advice on jeans. The aforementioned MIL is visiting later in the week and we will probably go shopping. Hopefully it will be better than last time when I had the Great Thigh Meltdown :(.

quinnesec 03-23-2010 11:59 PM

Cassie- Decree jeans (JCPenney) are another good choice for us "pears". :)

jesstask 03-25-2010 04:42 PM

Oh my, missed the weigh in!!

Hi everyone! Since I am new to this board, I didn't see the separate weigh-in discussion, its a good idea to keep it separate. I had to look back in my weight journal to see where I was on that day, I was down 1.3 pounds! Pretty good for me since my shin splints are keeping me from running this week!

I think it a great idea to track waist size, thigh size, etc, it may help me stay motivated if my weight does not change at least something else may have.

Straight leg jeans are the way to go for someone who is interested in the skinny jean look! My legs can't even fit in those things if I go up a few sizes but I find the straight leg looks similar and is pretty comfortable. I go for gap curvy fit in the straight leg!

Good job this week ladies!