FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon** (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/6860-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-03-5-12%2A%2Aall-aboard-wagon%2A%2A.html)

ToriD1012 03-04-2012 04:54 PM

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

First let me just say.....INSOMNIA SUCKS!!!!!

So, I completely fell off the wagon after Momma's rude, unthoughtful, inconsiderate, and just plain tacky comments on Friday. But I've got to let it go and move on. I'm not as motivated this week, but I am determined that I'm going to get an all green (or whatever color I choose) clean week. Hopefully this will be the one. I heard about this on the radio while driving to work the other day. My first thought was 'Holy CRAP, that's not too far from Momma and Deddy's!' Yeah, it's exactly 1 mile by car. The article says that it's just "possible" activity, but when I was at my cousin's the other night, because of the tornado, we were sitting outside after the weather died down just a little bit and we could hear them howling and baying. So....yeah, might need to find another place to walk. Although, if one of them came up on me, I don't think this fat girl would ever run so fast.

Goals for the week are pretty much the same as last week. With the exception of Saturday's walk. I am supposed to go to a party Saturday, so I don't think I'll have time to get my walk in. I moved it to Friday instead.

Health/Fitness
1--calories --M-Th: 1100 no more than 1400, F-Su: at least 1100 no more than 1700
2--64 oz water or more daily
3--stick to new work out schedule--M:Zumba Tu:Cardio Burn W:yoga Th:Zumba F:Cardio Burn Sa:yoga Su:day off--Yell at me, call me names, provoke me, whatever it takes!
4--walk: Tu, W, Fr, Su--at least 3 miles each--again, PUSH ME
5--Weigh and Post daily

Life/Home
1--wash, fold, and put away all vacation laundry (still not done)
2--clean out car (still needs to be done)
3--don't stress about it, but at least think about it (seriously don't stress about it)
4--go to work, do the work, go home. don't take it with me

fit4luv 03-04-2012 07:51 PM

I'm "All Aboard"

I have a sick little girl . . . so here I am early in the morning. After this post I'll probably go back & lay down, if she's asleep.

Mike ~ Congrats on your marathon! And btw, your experience in that chain motel --- eeeks & eeeeewwwwww!:eek:

Tori ~ Please stay safe!!!
Just got caught up on the last thread. You've really come a long way & made such a great turn around in your life. In fact, from what I read of your posts, you've made a HUGE POSITIVE change.

I don't know if you remember, but you are one reason I stayed here on FitDay Forums. YOU inspire me!

So . . .if you can stand a little mush about now . . .
Here are some reasons - I'm sure I'm not hitting all your good qualities:
#1. Persistance. You keep picking yourself up - even after being hard hit like last week.

#2. Honesty. You face your problems. You are "real".

#3. Consistency. I remember reading that maybe there was only one day that you did not log your intake? Lady, you're a role model!!!

#4. Fun. What more can be said? You're one fun, witty gal!

#5.Outcome. Wow! I read that you lost "53" pounds. I veiw that as great success.

So lady -- you go girl!!!

--------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~----------1st Portion Of my Goals->
http://yoursmiles.org/gsmile/plants/g2305.gifFitDay Challenge *~* Reach New Heights
Check-in:
Sun = Cushion Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk
Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch & grow & reach new heights.
- Pauline R. Kezer

MON MISSION -> Log in before eating.

More of my goals to come later. Will mostly be the same except will be stretching a bit more - literally & figuratively. :eek: For example, I'll be adding in the Circuit along with my 10 miles (walking). Also, with DAY (Life) goals, I'm changing things a bit and up the anty with that. Overall, I say that I've done pretty well considering that I have tendency toward depression. Thus the reason I'm adding in "Lifestyle" miles - to keep me going with what I need to do around the house.

I may be biting off a pretty full bite this week & so the reason for this week's quote. I've been tired & grumpy with my little girl sick over the weekend, but she's on the mend.

Kim & Mern & Others -> Thank you for your congrats upon goals that I reached last week. :)

Let's all focus on what we need to do TODAY! (Right now it's sleep for me . . .)

canary52 03-04-2012 10:11 PM

Tori, I agree: insomnia SUCKS!!!! As for your very worthy goals, I will support you but I cannot yell at you. You are too cool. Ditto what Luv says regarding how amazing and inspirational you are. And yes please do stay safe, honey! And Luv, I hope your little girl is OK.
Mike, I wrote something on the last motivational thread. But what a horrific experience. I defintiely think you should complain to higher ups. It's not only disgusting but violates health laws.
I feel like I hijacked the thread with my problems last week; I apologize for that.

My goals:
1) 6 glasses of water minimum
2) get the eating under control
3) avoid sugar
4) lower carb
5) stretch
6) try to be more positive
7) exercise in some form if fibro allows

OK new week new start everyone!!!

rubypeanut 03-04-2012 11:43 PM

Hi all! I'm 3 weeks postpartum, I think I've lost one pound from just trying not to OVEREAT from boredom and lonliness of partial bedrest with baby (who is awesome, by the way). It's frustrating b/c I want to get out and walk and start doing things but I'm still bleeding and when I do something small, like cook one meal or go downstairs twice I start bleeding again so I just need to chill out. BUT I keep snacking b/c bored.

So my goal is to avoid mindless snacking!

kimbur96 03-04-2012 11:44 PM

monday morning ugh http://www.pic4ever.com/images/mornincoffee.gif
I'm just not feeling it this morning. I'll be back later to post some goals hopefully with some energy.

Mern 03-05-2012 12:36 AM

Tori, people can only hurt us with words if we allow them to have that power. Tell yourself you take that power back from your Mom, and mean it. You know how great you've done in your healthier lifestyle and so do your buddies here and no one can take away your success but you. I will pledge an all green week with you and you can choose your own color. LOL A big "YIKES!" on the coyote!

quinnesec 03-05-2012 01:01 AM

Good Morning All!

I had pretty good success with my goals last week, so I'm going to keep them pretty much the same. Hopefully, the weather will be kind and I'll be able to get out walking more.

Tori,
Coyotes are more creepy than they are dangerous. I'm surrounded by coyote, fox, bear and an occasional wolf. (I live on the edge of a forest and a river.) Coyotes are generally pretty scared of people. Their cry is horrifying though! In the spring, when they have pups, they wake me up at night and it sounds like creepy, loud babies crying. I'm not sure why they would close a park, unless they were diseased, in great numbers or defending newly born pups. That's kind of interesting. Last spring, I had a bear that came to my bird feeder (3 feet from my kitchen window) each night at dusk with her year old cubs. THAT freaked me out because they are really destructive and unless everyone in the area removes their bird feeders, which they won't, they keep coming. And to think, I used to send my kids out in the back yard with tents and snacks for slumber parties! lol (Didn't seem to be the bear issue back then.) I watched deer in the woods behind my house yesterday trying to walk in snow up to their chest... It was really sad, especially since the snow was nearly gone a week ago.

This week's goals:

1. Take ALL vitamins and supplements.
2. 80 oz. of water a day, or more.
3. Calories ALWAYS under 1200.
4. Walk, weather permitting... 3 warm days ahead! :)
5. NO bread... nothing, nada, zilch.
6. Minimum 3 fruits and veggies a day, preferably more.
7. One 1 hour nap/relaxation period each day. (Need to recharge the 'ol batteries... )
8. Quit buying jellybeans!!!

almeeker 03-05-2012 01:15 AM

Good morning all my lovelies! Sorry I went AWAL last week, couldn't be helped. I'm optimistic by nature, and so tend to gloss over how much time things will take to actually complete, the planning in my mind runs smoothly, but real life is a whole different story. True to form, last week I left too many things until the last possible second. It was all worth it because DD10 took first in Individual Performance at History Day on Saturday, and received a stipend to compete at the State level. To accomplish that she needed 2 costumes, a revolutionary era flag, an antique looking embroidery loom, a pair of candle sticks, some random furniture, a back drop and one really nervous, stressed out, exhausted mother. Plus I didn't have to get just her ready, she talked me into running History Club, so there were 3 other performers plus a student with a website entry. So in addition to rehearsal every night after school, I made 4 skirts, 2 petticoats, 4 bonnets, a flowered laurel, typed 3 bibliographies, 2 process papers, 1 title sheet and part of a flag. Thank heaven the flag didn't need to be actually finished, that is a serious amount of work! Each 5 pointed star has 10 edges that must be hand sewn, and this flag has 13 stars. My respect for the work of Betsy Ross has increased tenfold.

One sad note is that my student portraying Molly Pitcher didn't qualify for State. She had a really bad bout of stage fright and her performance was flat, and another girl who did her project on Mary Todd Lincoln turned out to be a surprisingly good public speaker got the spot instead. So yesterday afternoon I took Molly Pitcher out for ice cream and we decided that History Club is about more than just the History Day competition. She's promised not to quit History Club after I promised to find some re-enactments for the group to attend. Oi, what was I thinking? Now I'm going to have to make a dress for myself (probably with hoops right?) and learn how to churn butter and spin wool.

I don't know how much I'll be able to participate this week, DH surprised me with a little vacay starting tomorrow, talk about perfect timing! Momma needs some serious R&R. We're going to New Orleans! I can't wait! Anyway, I am going to make some goals, but more relaxed than usual. And I'll only be able to check in on my phone, and I won't be able to weigh myself, but I will actually have time to check in and read the thread. Speaking of threads, I haven't caught up on last weeks, I'm about 1/2 way through, but I will have time tomorrow. And don't tell me not to bother, I'm always interested in what you guys have to say, it's like being in a room with all my chattiest girlfriends.

Health Goals:

1. Watch portions carefully, not more than 2 cheats.
2. Water 5 bottles every day.
3. Walk 10,000 steps daily.
4. Work out, do the Shred or hit the hotel gym for 30 min daily.
5. Write, log food everyday to the best of my abilities.
See Luv, I'm taking your funky lists to heart WWWWW...

Other Stuff:

1. Get laundry done.
2. Finish cleaning house.
3. Call Jo.
4. Call guy with elliptical parts.
5. Call Tom.
6. Get taxes done.
7. Pack my stuff and pack bags for kids.

As you can see most of that second list needs to be done today so I gotta get going.

ToriD1012 03-05-2012 01:19 AM

Quinn,

I know that the coyotes are generally afraid of humans, still doesn't mean I want them hanging around the yard. Where Momma and Deddy live is surrounded by wildlife, I'm okay with that. As long as the critters leave me alone. When I was walking Thursday evening I kept hearing something rustling in the woods beside me, and it unnerved me enough to find out what it was. Yeah, it was a blue jay LOL!! I've been out of the country and in the city too long!!

I would update my original goals with my weight, but it takes too long to do so with the ole phone....so I'll do it here instead.

Starting weight this week is....199.4 lbs

I'm off to be bitchy at my vendors. No particular reason today, sometimes I just gotta keep them on their toes. :p

ToriD1012 03-05-2012 01:29 AM

Amy-I swear you really are Super Mom!! I wanna be like you when I grow up! :)

And don't brag about your little vacay. I wanna go back and I've only been home for a week! :eek:

Have fun though

almeeker 03-05-2012 01:36 AM

Tori, I grew up in a place that has coyotes too. If you ever encounter one, do not run, they are programmed to chase. If you stand your ground they usually back off, they teach the kids around here to "Stand and Roar", which actually works rather well to chase them off. Wolves on the other hand are much more aggressive. We have those around here too, they are particularly opportunistic in the mating department, and it's not uncommon for a domestic dog to end up with a litter of 1/2 wolf pups. And I agree, insomnia does suck.

Quin, OMG bears? Wow, now those are scary! We've had just a few of those around here and it's always big news. But my brother and his family went camping up north and during the night a bear attack their coolers. Pulled the plastic one completely apart and put teeth marks through the metal sides on another. They watched the whole thing through the window of their camper, wishing they'd brought a gun. But once the bear had eaten all of the lunch meat, hot dogs, marshmallows and jam, it left. They still have the metal cooler with the teeth marks in it and they still go camping up north, but now they bring a firearm, raise all their coolers up into a tree at night and sprinkle dog poo all around the campsite. Weird, but apparently it works to keep the bears away.

ruby, sorry to hear that you're having some postpartum issues. I had something similar with our first. Do you have any hobbies that you can do sitting down? If not it might be the perfect time to teach yourself to knit or embroider. I know it's hard, finally you can bend over and touch your toes, but um no you can't. Just be patient and give your body time to heal, the more patient you are the faster you'll be better. And when you feel hungry drink a big glass of water before you eat something. I was never so thirsty in my life as I was postpartum.

almeeker 03-05-2012 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 75047)
Amy-I swear you really are Super Mom!! I wanna be like you when I grow up! :)

And don't brag about your little vacay. I wanna go back and I've only been home for a week! :eek:

Have fun though

LOL, no I'm not supermom. I've met her, she's really not that nice. I'm more like "middle of the road mom, with the occasional moment of genius". I just try and do what's right for the kiddos, they steer the boat and I do whatever I can to keep the boat motor running, and in the process make darn sure they aren't spoiled rotten.

I felt so bad for my little Molly Pitcher yesterday. I took her out for ice cream, she was little Miss Longface, and then I mentioned that a local park here had volunteers dressed in period costumes and that maybe our club should check in to that. Her whole face just lit up, so that's what we'll do. I think it'll be fun, I even promised to make her a new petticoat and skirt. Her Molly Pitcher petticoat has a pair of cannon holes through it. Okay, not actual cannon holes, I cut them with a pair of scissors, and she blackened them with markers and brown boot polish. Because according to the diary of a soldier, Molly Pitcher took a cannon shot between the knees, which took away part of her dress and put a hole straight through her petticoat. Without batting an eye Molly commented that, "tis a good thing it wasn't any higher or it might have taken away somethin' else". And then she continued firing her cannon for the rest of the battle. She is the only woman that George Washington promoted to Sergent in his army, she also received a full army pension. And her name wasn't "Molly Pitcher" it was "Mary Ludwig Hayes", her husband was Irish and spoke with a brogue, which stressed the "a" and rolled the "r", hence the confusion. OMG it's a crying shame she's not going to State, it's such a great story, and my little Molly can deliver it with a good bit of humor.

01gt4.6 03-05-2012 02:37 AM

I'm in.

Kumochi 03-05-2012 02:44 AM

I'm In i need some structure although I will be away for 2 days. I've packed my swimsuit and gym clothes as there is a fitness centre at the hotel. No excuses. I just need to tune up my mind. Coming here helps with that. mary

Mern 03-05-2012 02:53 AM

Got in my 2 miles this morning plus an extra 5 minutes. Goals this week are the same as always, so I won't list them until tomorrow in my Monday report.

Luv, wishing your DD a speedy recovery!

Hope! You did not hijack the thread last week. Your pals here freely responded because they care about you--no apology necessary. Big hug to ya!

Ruby wishing you a speedy recovery back to your normal body and activities. Glad to learn that the baby is doing well, too. Awesome is quite well. :D

Hi, Kim. I hope your day gets more energetic.

Quinn, congrats on success with your goals last week. That IS sad about the deer struggling to walk in all that snow. Must be awfully hard for them to get to a food supply. What do deer eat in the winter?

Amy! OMG major congrats to DD10 for earning 1st place individual in the history competition! Aw, that's great how you encouraged Molly Pitcher into staying in the History club. Kudos to you for all the work you do with the kids! Enjoy that vacation and best wishes on catching up with the our thread.

yourbadd 03-05-2012 03:03 AM

Good Monday world!! I'm back from the cold from he!! that attacked last week. I'm still a little congested but a heap better than I was. Despite being sick then a weekend out of town with tons of food served and the MOST amazing chocolate cake, I am down a few ounces from last week. Not as much progress I need to hit my goal but better than going up!! I got some pretty good news too...my brother and his girl friend of 7years are getting married in July!! I am looking forward to being much lighter then and will be wearing a hot new dress!! Got a lot of things going this week between work and home but feeling better and optimistic about it all.

Fitness goals for this week:
Calories under 1500:
Water above 80oz:
Exercise 30 mins/6days:
Current weight 177.8-want to drop 2lbs

Other goals for week:
Get all baked goods for work finished by Thursday afternoon
Get all laundry from weekend done and put away
Research new greenhouse and start planning garden
Get sign advertising egg sales put up...my hens are going nuts laying eggs and I'm running out of room to store them!!

quinnesec 03-05-2012 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 75046)
Quinn,

When I was walking Thursday evening I kept hearing something rustling in the woods beside me, and it unnerved me enough to find out what it was. Yeah, it was a blue jay LOL!! I've been out of the country and in the city too long!!

Starting weight this week is....199.4 lbs

On your next vacation, I think I'll get you up on a pair of snowshoes, ski poles, backpack (...wine and snacks, of course!) and take you on my favorite trails... no streets or perfectly planned parks... no sir! Backwoods trail hiking! Rock cliffs, deep woods, no perfectly groomed trails, no picnic areas or rest stops... lol. I'll shake that city girl out of you! LOL :D

Seriously, the only time that I was ever afraid of trail hiking/backpacking was when I was in the mountains in Tennessee. A local hiker told us about a great place to go. We hiked almost 9 miles into an unbelievable waterfall, but miscalculated the amount of daylight left. For some reason, the hike felt "off" to me right from the start and I felt really creepy and vulnerable. I asked my husband to quit about 2 miles in, that we would go back in the morning, but he wanted to continue, so we did. To make a long story short, we lost our daylight about 2 miles from our SUV and then it was really creepy.

The next week, after we had returned home, I saw on CNN that a young girl had been mauled by a cougar near that same waterfall. I have no idea how I knew, but something just didn't feel safe about that place.

ToriD1012 03-05-2012 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 75056)
I'm in.

those are some lovely goals! ;)

I am still going through the paperwork that was left for me while I was on vacation. And I have a question......is it really so difficult to staple two pieces of paper together so that the edges of the papers are even?? I'm not asking that my replacements angle the staple the same as I, just line the paperwork up so it's a nice neat stack that will fit into the BAE (big ass envelope) without having to be shoved into it. I know that I'm a tad bit anal about my work, but it makes it easier in the long run. For me and the chicks at the corporate office who have to go back through everything. A this girl (current replacement) has a college degree. HOW did she get through 4 years of higher education not being organized? SiGh! I need to train a new replacement. K, I think through now....maybe not though, I still have a sh*tload of paperwork to go through

quinnesec 03-05-2012 03:11 AM

OH... and great job starting at 199.4!!! It must be great to see those numbers moving for you! :)

ToriD1012 03-05-2012 03:15 AM

Quinn--we HAVE nice backwoods trails that aren't groomed, and I'm all up for the hikes, when the weather turns warmer LOL! I'm a southern girl, I don't hike in snow. And yeah you have to be careful in the mtns in TN (and some in NC), it gets dark quick up there. I'm roughly a 20 minute drive to the NC border and have the advantage of going hiking when I want, so I'll definitely have to look into that when it warms up a lil bit

ToriD1012 03-05-2012 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 75072)
oh... And great job starting at 199.4!!! It must be great to see those numbers moving for you! :)

thanks!!

canary52 03-05-2012 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by rubypeanut (Post 75037)
Hi all! I'm 3 weeks postpartum, I think I've lost one pound from just trying not to OVEREAT from boredom and lonliness of partial bedrest with baby (who is awesome, by the way). It's frustrating b/c I want to get out and walk and start doing things but I'm still bleeding and when I do something small, like cook one meal or go downstairs twice I start bleeding again so I just need to chill out. BUT I keep snacking b/c bored.

So my goal is to avoid mindless snacking!

Oh dear, I hope you feel better. Maybe some healthy snacks to keep up your strength?

canary52 03-05-2012 03:48 AM

Amy, you ARE supermom, the NICE supermom, which makes you even more awesome!!! Have BIG FUN in NOLA!!! I'd say you earned it!!!

Mary, have a great couple of days away. I know you can stick to your goals.

Kim, I am with you. My energy is in the crapper too (tho I did manage to clean out my pantry, not what I planned to do today.)

Tori, I loved the blue jay stoy. And also how you "complimented" Mike on his goals. Kudos on reaching one of yours, honey!!

Pam, you are our resident wildlife consultant. I pictured those kids in the yard, thankfully sans bears. Yeah friends here have had bears attracted to their bird feeders. One friend thought he had accidentally hit a deer on the road, turns out it was a bear.

Rubystars, Momma, take care of you. Rest and baby yourself as well as the baby.

Mern, I love you. Can I adopt you as surrogate family? At least I'd know I'd get good meals and lots of loving support!!! And we should adopt Amy and she could make us all cool Halloween costumes!!! Even historically accurate ones!!!! (Only kidding, Amy, you already do MORE THAN ENOUGH work.) Guess I kinda gotta adopt you all...

wildbeanerz 03-05-2012 05:50 AM

I'm in! Today is the first day of the 8 week Healthy Weigh Challenge at work. I am shooting for 14.8 lbs which would put me at a nice even 250 in those 8 weeks. I still haev 25 days of shred to go so that should help to get me there. Especially now that I have decided to stop eating the little bits of bad things that I let creep into my mouth during the past week or so. I think it is a subconscious thing when you have a challenge coming up to let it go for a week or so that way you can really get into it to get a jump start on the loss the first week or so.

Things with son are going along pretty smooth. A few bumps over what is an acceptable video game and him trying to corner me into giving back one that he claims isn't "so bloody". I am standing firm. If we took it away there was a reason and you aren't getting it back. Period. He is also mad that the family therapy sessions restart tonight. He doesn't think it helps. He's mostly right but we haven't had enough sessions to say whether it really helps or now.

Yesterday, out of the blue, I got out the photo albums and packets of developed pics and started sorting. Took every pic out of the albums because I had both boys all mixed up together in there and sorted them for each boy and pics of the two of them together, then sorted them in age order as best as I could since most aren't marked. I got both boys individually back in the books. Now I have left to do the together pics and the miscellaneous family pics too. It was relaxing and I didn't even know I wanted to do it until I just grabbed them and started. Oh how nice it would be to go back to those adorable little dimpled smiles! But only for about a day. Then I'll take back the ability to leave the house for a few hours and not have to worry about a sitter or what the kids are doing.

On with the goals. May mix it up a little this week.

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily
2. No Diet Coke (still hanging on for lent)
3. 30 Day Shred 6 days of the week M: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch when I can (not Monday or Weds due to appts) M: N/A,
5. Log it!
6. Weigh and post it daily M: 264.8lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Finish photo album cleanup
2. Don't get frustrated. He isn't doing it just to make me upset.
3. Finalize bank paperwork
4. Finish laundry (put away too!)

This week I need a set of weekend goals. I need to see them all week so I have a game plan in mind when the weekend gets here.
1. Clean out car
2. Good cleaning of kitchen level includes fridge and cupboards
3. Wash all curtains
4. Clean out snake tank
5. Whole house general cleaning
6. This might be pushing it but weather permitting, trim some forsynthia bushes!

Tori ... Coyotes won't hurt ya! Like the others said, just don't run away. ;) ... Look at you under 200 lbs! You go girl! ... I hear ya on the paperwork. I dont' know why it is so hard to staple things together neatly. I have a big peeve about that!

Hope ... No way did you hijack last week and if you did then I have for a few weeks. I am honored that you felt okay to share what is going on with us. It takes a lot of guts to share things like that even when annonymous.

Ruby ... Awww glad to hear baby is doing well. ... Sorry about the boredom though. I'm with Amy on the needlework or something to keep the hands busy. Maybe try keeping the snacks out of the bedroom too?

Kim ... LOL at your Monday Smiley!

Quinn ... If you quit buying jelly beans, I won't buy the Cadbury eggs that I look at and pass over every time I go to the grocery store right now. ... Ewww your waterfall story gave me serious goosebumps!

Amy ... You deserve a vacay woman! ... I'd definitely want to read last weeks posts if I were you. There was a lot of interesting discussion last week. ... I love your history kids!

Deborah ... Baked goods for work? Sounds like a trap! LOL! I have to bake a pie for pi (3.14) day soon too. ... You raise chickens? Do you have to have a rooster to get eggs? This was a debate in our house over the weekend and I was too lazy to google it. ... Glad you are feeling better! It's hard to eat right when you don't feel well.

Almost forgot to mention, I'm off for my trans-vaginal ultrasound this afternoon. That's always fun.

canary52 03-05-2012 06:01 AM

April, welcome! And good luck with your challenge. I know you can do it! I also must say you are an awesome Mom and even with all you've been going through, so supportive and kind. Good luck with your ultasound; let us know how it goes!!!

I am kinda bummed because I thought my fibro flare was over and it's baaaaaaack....
I feel like I have zero energy, zero motivation and I feel crappy. I FORCED myself to stretch. I think my meds are also making me logey. I cleaned my pantry and folded clothes (tough with the hand pain) but cannot get myself to do "real" work.

More later...

01gt4.6 03-05-2012 06:17 AM

not.set.in.stone.goals

1) 3000 cals deficient
2) workout 3 times
3) walk 2 times
4) 4 serving of fruit/veggies
5) weigh in daily (starting tuesday morning)

Anyone want to pick a goal for me? Has to be realistic and no videos of me doing anything. :p

bojibridge 03-05-2012 06:32 AM

Hey folks! I'm around a bit this week, but not too much because my friend in IL doesn't have internet at her apartment, so I'm relegated to coffee shops. My goal this week is to not go TOO crazy with the whole pigging out thing :) Have a good week!

ToriD1012 03-05-2012 06:59 AM

The day is dragging by....I have at least another hour to put in here, and then have to go to the pet store cause Jas is out of food (got that lovely "emergency phone call" from Momma about an hour ago. I've asked that woman to only call me at work if it's a dire situation. I guess Jasmine not having any Fancy Feast constitutes as dire). I'll respond more personally when I get home. I really need to make it to zumba tonight, but just ain't feeling the Energizer Bunny enthusiasm that the instructor has. But I'll do it anyway. Haven't figured out a plan of attack on supper tonight, or lunch & suppers for the rest of the week. I hate being so unprepared....

Trying to snap out of the negativity.......

fit4luv 03-05-2012 07:45 AM

Not meeting my mission for today . . .

Originally Posted by fit4luv (Post 75027)

--------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~----------1st Portion Of my Goals->
http://yoursmiles.org/gsmile/plants/g2305.gifFitDay Challenge *~* Reach New Heights
Check-in:
Sun = Cushion Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk
Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch & grow & reach new heights.
- Pauline R. Kezer

MON MISSION -> Log in before eating.

Sheeeeesh! I'm not doing so well with this mission today. I am logging immediately afterwards though. :p. I'm still going to focus on this mission for the remainder of today.

Mern ~ My daughter is better today, but this Mamma is lagging a bit behind. She was coughing thru the night, but at the moment doesn't look too bad for the wear.

I'm trying my best to focus on TODAY. Not yesterday, not tomorrow. I did my 2 mile walk (DVD) & Circuit --- Yea!!! Now to continue with Home Management goals and other personal goals. And to remember to log in before I eat. And to just plain love on the kids . . . And . . .. And . .. .

01gt4.6 03-05-2012 08:26 AM

The Gumbo Shop

I had...
Chicken & Andouille Gumbo, the Creole Combo Platter (Shrimp Creole, Jambalaya & Crawfish Etouffe, Garlic Mashed Potatoes (gave that to my SIL), and warm Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce. All that was only $24.99

It was all good, I wouldn't say that any of it was out of this world (because I'm use to good food). ;)

I'd try it again but it's a lot of food for one person.

canary52 03-05-2012 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 75104)
I had...
Chicken & Andouille Gumbo, the Creole Combo Platter (Shrimp Creole, Jambalaya & Crawfish Etouffe, Garlic Mashed Potatoes (gave that to my SIL), and warm Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce. All that was only $24.99

It was all good, I wouldn't say that any of it was out of this world (because I'm use to good food). ;)

Well I'm glad you didn't hate it!!! I was beginning to wonder. And yes there is GREAT food down there. As I said, I like the Fish Bits, the Etouffe, and the pecan pie. And it is reasonably priced. Also it was the first place we ate in New Orleans so maybe it has that sentimental thing going for me.

So, questions for you: what places do you recommend to eat in NOLA?

And, if we wanted to rent a furnished place in NOLA for two/three months that allows pets (one mellow declawed cat) do you have any recommendations of a) good areas and b) ways to rent?

ToriD1012 03-05-2012 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 75098)
Anyone want to pick a goal for me? Has to be realistic and no videos of me doing anything. :p

I'll think of something, just give me time. I may need to pm Amy to collaborate though.

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 75104)
I had...

The Garlic Mashed Potatoes were GGOOOOODDDDD!!!! And what I remember of the bread pudding was good. I'm not a bread pudding fan though, so maybe it was my drunkenness that thought it was good. There was also some kind of corn mixture, I vaguely remember that.

And stop your braggin', Mister "I'm use to good food"

This is what I really have to say about it. (I apologize to anyone that may offend :p)

ToriD1012 03-05-2012 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 75115)

I was required to boycott Frank's and so are you. Apparently, because Frank pissed off Mike everyone Mike knows has to boycott. (although, we were thisclose to going there one night. but ssshhh don't tell Mike)

The first night we were there we went to Neyow's Creole Cafe (on Bienville St). It was pretty good. I got the red beans & rice w/ hot sausage and was super duper happy. The beans were a little bit soupy on the plate, and there wasn't enough rice when I got the plate but I politely asked for a side of rice, and the waitress didn't even charge me for it (not that I was wanting it free, I don't mind paying for something). After I had eaten all the sausage and mixed my rice in I had to add hot sauce, but I do that pretty much everywhere I eat, so take that for what it is. I'll have to try and remember some of the other places that we went. Domino's in Covington delivers.....just sayin' ;)

kimbur96 03-05-2012 10:52 AM

I'm a little under the weather today. I woke up tired with little energy. Then it went down hill as my GI system revolted against last nights cheat meal. So i came home from work put my pi's on climbed into bed. I just had some soup and crackers and will have to give this week a new start tomorrow.

Mern 03-05-2012 10:55 AM

Deborah, congrats on being down some ounces. You are so right--it's a WHOLE lot better than gaining. Great news about your bro getting married. :) Nice simple goals and you're making good progress on your weight loss so far. I have fond memories of gathering eggs on my grandparents farm when I was a kid.

Tori, wishing you a more pleasant evening.

Hope, love ya back! :) Sure you can adopt me. There are times my family would love to put me up for adoption. LOL Wouldn't it be fun to just be able to jump inside our computers and visit in person--like a Star Trek transporter. Yeah, Amy could hem all my jeans for me--I hate doing that. Aw, that sucks that your fibro flared up again. Big gentle hug to ya.

Luv, logging in before eating is a good idea. I didn't log my food until after dinner, and although my calories are low, I'll be a little over in carbs in my Monday report. Not the end of the world, but I'd have done things differently today with better planning. Glad your daughter is better, but oh, those night coughs really put a crimp in the following day. Congrats on your walk. I did mine on a DVD today, too, because we had icy roads and I didn't want to drive down the hill to the gym.

Mike, nice sensible goals!

Joanna, enjoy your visit!

April, that's great that they have that 8 week Healthy Weigh Challenge at work. Your goal certainly does sound reasonable. Aw, best wishes on the family therapy sessions. That's kinda tough sometimes, I know, but sometimes it works out great. It helped my granddaughter a lot. Wow, great job and great relaxation on the photo album work, but I sure do hear ya on appreciating your freedom to go out without getting a sitter or worrying about what the kids are doing. Your ultra-sound go OK?

Mern 03-05-2012 10:59 AM

Kim, aw, feel better soon! Big gentle hug to ya!

ToriD1012 03-05-2012 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by kimbur96 (Post 75119)
I'm a little under the weather today. I woke up tired with little energy. Then it went down hill as my GI system revolted against last nights cheat meal. So i came home from work put my pi's on climbed into bed. I just had some soup and crackers and will have to give this week a new start tomorrow.

bless your heart! take care of yourself and start fresh in the morning.

I didn't get to Zumba tonight because I'm suffering from the beginnings of a migrane, and I knew there was no way I could get through an hour with all the music. I am going to get some type of workout in though. Right now I have to take Momma to my brother's for a few nights. (horrible thought that ran through my head when she asked me to drive her? 'YES YES YES!!!!') I'm pretty sure I just need a small break from her. We've already had words and I've only been home from work for 2 hours. Much needed quiet is gonna be in the house tonight.

Will catch back up before hitting the sheets tonight. Hope everyone has a great evening.

wildbeanerz 03-05-2012 01:04 PM

Sonogram went as well as you can think it would. No results of course. She said it takes about a week and since I have a hysterosonogram on Wednesday next week they will probably wait until then to give that portion to me and then I will probably have to wait for the results of the other portion.

ToriD1012 03-05-2012 02:33 PM

Health/Fitness
1--calories --M-Th: 1100 no more than 1400, F-Su: at least 1100 no more than 1700--M: 1308
2--64 oz water or more daily--M: 42
3--stick to new work out schedule--M:Zumba Tu:Cardio Burn W:yoga Th:Zumba F:Cardio Burn Sa:yoga Su:day off--Yell at me, call me names, provoke me, whatever it takes!--M: N, but had a migrane and couldn't really function
4--walk: Tu, W, Fr, Su--at least 3 miles each--again, PUSH ME--M: N/A
5--Weigh and Post daily--M: 199.4

Life/Home
1--wash, fold, and put away all vacation laundry (still not done)--N
2--clean out car (still needs to be done)--N
3--don't stress about it, but at least think about it (seriously don't stress about it)--YES
4--go to work, do the work, go home. don't take it with me--YES

Not too awful of a day. I hit my calories, but not my workout and water. Well, there goes an all green week. Oh well. Starting back over tomorrow.

01gt4.6 03-05-2012 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 75115)
Well I'm glad you didn't hate it!!! I was beginning to wonder. And yes there is GREAT food down there. As I said, I like the Fish Bits, the Etouffe, and the pecan pie. And it is reasonably priced. Also it was the first place we ate in New Orleans so maybe it has that sentimental thing going for me.

And, if we wanted to rent a furnished place in NOLA for two/three months that allows pets (one mellow declawed cat) do you have any recommendations of a) good areas and b) ways to rent?

hmmm I'll have to reply back tomorrow on all this. When are you looking to rent and what's your budget? I can't think of anything off hand but I can ask around. If your budget is too personal, just pm me.