Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Old 03-11-2012, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Kim-I think that you not only deserve that nap, but a long hot bubble bath with scented candles. And maybe someone to serve you dinner when you wake from your nap!! So glad that everyone is okay!!

Mern-What's for dinner tonight?? Oh, and how was the fish fry the other night?

Luv-how are your goals coming this weekend?

It's official....I killed my phone last night. The girl at the AT&T store said 'yeah, it's a goner.' So I had to go ahead and upgrade, I didn't want to because I was trying with all my might to wait for the 5 to come out but no such luck. Luckily I had just backed up the other phone like a couple of days ago. So I was forced to upgrade. But at least I got the pretty white one, and a nice bright blue and pink case for it.

Last edited by ToriD1012; 03-11-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

nobe ~ I hear & understand your struggles with food. You're facing the facts! I often feel like this: Good for you for facing up to what's happening with you, making better choices & learning from not-the-best choices.

Mern ~ You have a great reinforcement with your husband. Being caught off guard is not fun. Hope relations smooth out for you with your friends. I'll pray for you in this regard.

It's officially a deal - You and I eat clean Sun midnight thru Sat (midnight). This DOES mean I stick to Food Servings Plan & do NOT add in junk food. This does NOT mean that I go wild today or Sat after midnight. It DOES mean that I'm totally aware of eating on plan those designated days. Of course, anyone else wanting to join in -> welcome.

Tori ~ Weren't you sick beginning of last week? Woooohoooot! 196.6 lbs --- remember trying to get to 200 lbs then go under? I picture you going down the slide 1st and then here I am sliding right down after you.

April ~ Way to keep on shredding! As long as you don't hurt, go for it like crazy this coming week! Some red BUT lots & lots of pink looks wonderful! That shows major focus on your part. Give yourself a non-food treat!

Kim ~ Oh. my . goodness. Glad you all are careful to do practice runs & are very particular. Glad everyone is safe. I'm still praying for you as you prepare for the big one. You're day sure did a flip-flop from what you planned.

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-11-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:23 AM
FitDay Member

[
B]Luv-[/B]how are your goals coming this weekend?

It's official....I killed my phone last night. The girl at the AT&T store said 'yeah, it's a goner.' So I had to go ahead and upgrade, I didn't want to because I was trying with all my might to wait for the 5 to come out but no such luck. Luckily I had just backed up the other phone like a couple of days ago. So I was forced to upgrade. But at least I got the pretty white one, and a nice bright blue and pink case for it.
Overall week goals I did great for FIT (Focus-Intake-Train). BUT on Fri & Sat, I overdid it on Calorie goals.

Crummy thing about phone going bad. At least you have a nice new phone with more bells & whistles. Kind of like Christmas in March.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fit4luv

Overall week goals I did great for FIT (Focus-Intake-Train). BUT on Fri & Sat, I overdid it on Calorie goals.

Crummy thing about phone going bad. At least you have a nice new phone with more bells & whistles. Kind of like Christmas in March
oh, we all go over from time to time. Have you seen my calories for the week??? They're all over the place!

You're being too nice. The phone didn't go "bad", I killed it.

And yeah, Christmas in March is always good.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Tori, sorry 'bout your phone and congrats on getting into those skinny jeans.

April, best wishes with level 2 of the shred!

Mike, behave! LOL

Kim, at least you got a lot of exercise speed cleaning for the meeting. What a scary dive you had today! So glad you and your buddy came out of the emergency OK!

Luv, thanks for the prayers I'm sure it'll be OK eventually with my friends. Maybe the mother is just insecure and the boy is being influenced by her. Well, geez, sorry 'bout YOUR phone problems, too. But Merry Christmas! LOL I hope you enjoy your pretty new phone. I will pledge to eat clean all next week except for the two things I allow that truly do keep me from indulging in calorie and carb laden sweets most of the time. One is up to 2 Hershey Sugar Free Special Dark miniatures and the other is 1/2 ounce pork rinds sprinkled with cinnamon. BUT I don't eat them every night as I've conquered my addictions to them. So other than the above, Oh, I almost forgot--wasn't addicted but had only one diet pop/soda all last week--just trying to get off carbonated stuff to benefit my teeth.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:01 AM
FitDay Member

Tori - you crack me up! oh . .. and I just love your technique for getting quick service at the bars.

Is this thread usually slow on Sat/Sun?
Old 03-11-2012, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Luv, thanks for the prayers I'm sure it'll be OK eventually with my friends. Maybe the mother is just insecure and the boy is being influenced by her. Well, geez, sorry 'bout YOUR phone problems, too. But Merry Christmas! LOL I hope you enjoy your pretty new phone. I will pledge to eat clean all next week except for the two things I allow that truly do keep me from indulging in calorie and carb laden sweets most of the time. One is up to 2 Hershey Sugar Free Special Dark miniatures and the other is 1/2 ounce pork rinds sprinkled with cinnamon. BUT I don't eat them every night as I've conquered my addictions to them. So other than the above, Oh, I almost forgot--wasn't addicted but had only one diet pop/soda all last week--just trying to get off carbonated stuff to benefit my teeth.
Mern, my phone is OK. Somehow I was having trouble with the wrap around quotes. But thanks for the sympathies anyway! I'll store those sympathies for a rainy day.

ETA: So there's hope to overcome addictions. My goal is to be able to handle chocolate in a reasonable manner.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Nobe, that's great that your calories and ratio were so good after your chicken and fries dinner. I totally see what you're talking about on that healthy options menu. Really, if I saw that listed, it would look like the "Deprivation Meal" They need to have some other salad dressings: like some low fat, low calorie or low carb (like Ranch) dressing. They could say "skinless chicken breast, garden salad with choice dressings, steamed broccoli or green beans, sliced tomatoes." That would be very appealing to me. Luv and I are pledging clean eating this coming week. How about you joining us?
Yeah, it was totally a deprivation meal the way they worded it, even though it was probably pretty good. I don't know who decided to focus on the negative on the menu. Maybe it's for people on their first day of a "diet" who think losing weight is all about deprivation. I don't know.

I'm in. I'm mad at myself for the bad dinners I've had the past three nights, especially since the scale was so good to me last week. I'm sure I negated all the good I did the week before.

I've eaten really well so far today, already had my 64oz of water, and did my 30 minutes of weights and murdered my thighs doing squats. I think I'm back on track now. But we'll see if this neverending PMS foils my plans.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fit4luv
[FONT="Century Gothic"]nobe ~ I hear & understand your struggles with food. You're facing the facts! I often feel like this: Good for you for facing up to what's happening with you, making better choices & learning from not-the-best choices.
Thanks

I think the most frustrating part is that there was a time when I was slim and ate well and got lots of exercise, and I know what I should be doing, so what I've done to myself is almost on purpose, you know? It's embarrassing. But I'm determined to fix it.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

Ok Ladies.... I would really like to get to know all of you! I will be going hardcore this week as I tried to start last week but completely blew it this weekend - COMPLETELY blew it. I think I just panicked but I'm not exactly sure why I am so afraid to make a little change in my life.... Have you guys ever felt like this? I'm thinking its maybe a fear of failing. How do I get over this!?!!!! Tori - I will yell at you if you yell at me LOL

Hope you all had a better weekend than I did!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.