Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Old 03-09-2012, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
spoil sport!!!!
Awwww now, I said I'd cheer you on!!!!!

Seriously, I am no longer able to run due to knee replacement and other knee surgeries but I will walk as far as health allows. Tho I still think you guys need a "designated eater" rooting for you every step of the way. And DH and I LOVE NOLA. Was never there for Mardi Gras tho.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

If only it were possible to jump on a plane and fly to NO for a vacation... Sigh... if only to be in my 20's again with a high metabolism and few responsibilities

But I do get east of the Miss every few years, because this CA girl married a TN man. And he has never been to NO!!! But we do talk about it, and we shall get there hopefully sooner than later.

For now I'll go to the market tomorrow and buy REAL butter (something I only indulge in at Thanksgiving). Can't cook a good roux without real butter!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52

Seriously, I am no longer able to run due to knee replacement and other knee surgeries but I will walk as far as health allows. Tho I still think you guys need a "designated eater" rooting for you every step of the way. And DH and I LOVE NOLA. Was never there for Mardi Gras tho.
To say that Mardi Gras is crazy is an understatement. I'd ask Tori to vouch, but she couldn't make it that far.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52

Please know that I was just joking. I just now saw that the little winking smiley wasn't added. I SWEAR I hit it, my phone just does what it wants to some days. And of course we need people cheering and waving po' boys at us!!!!

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
To say that Mardi Gras is crazy is an understatement. I'd ask Tori to vouch, but she couldn't make it that far.
I wanted to go into the city that day, but I'm pretty sure friend had a concussion from falling off the cooler and into the street and whacking her head. She slept like 15 hours that day. Not counting the sleep she got the night before. She and I were talking about that just the other day and she said her shoulder is still hurting. Next year though, buddy....Next year
Old 03-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012

I wanted to go into the city that day, but I'm pretty sure friend had a concussion from falling off the cooler and into the street and whacking her head. She slept like 15 hours that day. Not counting the sleep she got the night before. She and I were talking about that just the other day and she said her shoulder is still hurting. Next year though, buddy....Next year
As they say, if you can't hang with the big dogs... stay on the cooler.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey I think getting together for the rock 'n roll (or isn't there a couple of other races in NOLA too?) would be fun. Folks could run, walk, team-up, cheer, whatever. Maybe Mike can work on getting us a nice group discount at a fun hotel.

I have to say that the last MG I attended, many years ago, the nights were cold as a witch's mammary gland! So a little later in the spring would be find too.

BTW, lots of train options to NOLA, east coast, Chicago, along the southern boarder for those thinking of making it an adventure.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

Question Trying to figure out challenging vs overdoing . . .

Mern ~ Thanks on the congrats. I forgot that our group was going to walk 1 mile. Otherwise, I'd just have done 2 miles in the morning. My body is feeling it.

My eating - today it's OK Calorie wise. Now I'm in my "CAUTION ZONE" (evening). I need to work on a plan for that. For one thing, I love tea & so will fix myself some tea. It's not that I'm starving - I just feel like crunching.
_________---------_________
I keep trying to figure out how much is overdoing it & how much is challenging myself. I "twisted" my back a few weeks ago. My back felt quite good while I was exercising as I used twisting & punching motions. Then later my back would "catch" for a couple weeks afterwards. So, the question remains for me: "How do I differentiate between overdoing and challenging myself?" Guess I'll have to do some more reading on that one.

For next week: I'll keep at 2 miles walking daily (MON-FRI) & add in circuit 3x/week. Then if I want to do more otherwise, it will be bonus. As long as I continue to lose weight & firm up, I think that's where I'll keep it for a while. Later, I can increase to 3 miles. My body is crying out - no sharp pain though.

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-09-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Re-wording.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Luv, your very welcome for your mileage congrats. Hang in there tonight with the snacking control. I'm rooting for you! I came through the fish fry just fine tonight and my planned evening snack will be five ounces of skinless chicken breast and Crystal Lite. I should have a good report for tomorrow. Yeah, be careful with your back. Only you can determine the level of exercise you can handle. I am happy for others who can do more than I, but I aspire only to what is sensible for me. Rooting for you on that, too.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:27 PM
FitDay Member

ok so this is the summary i am getting... Tori and Mike are sparring as usual, there is talk of a get together in NOLA at some point. Mike is going to run, Hope is going to cheer him on, Tori will run along side hurling insults at him to keep him motivated, Mern has planned ahead for her fish fry tonight and Fit got het two miles in and is showing lots of green this week. Lol

I hit the gym again tonight was legs and I barely got through the 30 minutes of elliptical afterwards. But I am leg pressing 225 for 10 reps Whoya!!! OF course i can barely walk down the stairs afterwards because my muscles are so fatigued

Caloires Y,Y,Y,Y,Y
Weights N,Y,N,Y,Y
Cardio N,60,N,60,30
Plank N, Y, N, Y,N
Old 03-09-2012, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fit4luv

_________---------_________
I keep trying to figure out how much is overdoing it & how much is challenging myself. I "twisted" my back a few weeks ago. My back felt quite good while I was exercising as I used twisting & punching motions. Then later my back would "catch" for a couple weeks afterwards. So, the question remains for me: "How do I differentiate between overdoing and challenging myself?" Guess I'll have to do some more reading on that one.

For next week: I'll keep at 2 miles walking daily (MON-FRI) & add in circuit 3x/week. Then if I want to do more otherwise, it will be bonus. As long as I continue to lose weight & firm up, I think that's where I'll keep it for a while. Later, I can increase to 3 miles. My body is crying out - no sharp pain though.

I hear you on differentiating from pushing yourself in a healthy way v.s. overdoing. I frequently struggle with that. Tonight I felt so tired and i could have easily skipped the gym but I pushed myself to go. Not sure if it was the right thing or not. I got through the lifting pretty good but I was spent before i got 10 minutes into the elliptical. I finished but at a much slower pace and heart rate than i usually do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.