Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon** >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Old 03-09-2012, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
What?? No one wants to come up here in the middle of winter?? What the heck?? If you're lucky, on a good day, we can land a small jet at our "airport". (That is if they plow the landing strip and clear the deer from the runway... lol.) Ever see Fargo? I want to see Mike on a pair of snow shoes, or better yet, downhill skis. You could probably get up to 50 mph on the slalom course... (Just watch out for the Pine trees. ) If you can water ski, you can downhill ski... except that when you fall, you usually break legs... just saying...
I don't think I'd do too well on the snow... unless it's like water skiing, which I doubt.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

NOLA would work for me. Been there several times, including 2 MG - way back when. It would be fun to see it with a native this time
Old 03-09-2012, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Dude, didn't I already suggest NOLA last night??? I'd say everyone could come here to SC, but there's nuthin to see here in the Upstate, it'd have to be to one of the beaches, we do have some nice ones......
Old 03-09-2012, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
NOLA would work for me. Been there several times, including 2 MG - way back when. It would be fun to see it with a native this time
Maybe next year we can get everyone down for the Rock n Roll Marathon (depending on just how close it is to Mardi gras). You can do the full, me and some others can do the half and some can do the relay.

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Dude, didn't I already suggest NOLA last night??? I'd say everyone could come here to SC, but there's nuthin to see here in the Upstate, it'd have to be to one of the beaches, we do have some nice ones......
Yes, you did. I'd have to get in shape before I'd be beach ready... but I can do the beach.

Is anyone afraid to get their nails dirty?
http://muddybuddy.com/?utm-medium=cgiheadnav

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-09-2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Ama, I'm sorry if we've tempted you into some good food.

Okay, I see a trend here. Tori wants to come back down to NOLA, Ama is missing the food here, Quinn wishes she were here, Hope will be here before long, I'm sure that Amy can make it back as well. Maybe we should have a meet and greet here? Everyone ditches their diet, unwinds and enjoys the city?
Sounds good to me! But I aint doin no marathon, half or otherwise. I will cheer you all on from the sidelines. You will recognize me. I will be the one with the big ol' shrimp po'boy in one hand, waving to you all like crazy with the other.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Sounds good to me! But I aint doin no marathon, half or otherwise. I will cheer you all on from the sidelines.
That sounds like a plan!

Seriously if people are wanting to do it, we should look into it. I don't know the date for next years race. When I do, I can post it up with the Mardi Gras schedule. I'd be more than happy to go elsewhere, so we DON'T have to do it in my "backyard", do we do have some good food and fun here.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

Maybe next year we can get everyone down for the Rock n Roll Marathon (depending on just how close it is to Mardi gras). You can do the full, me and some others can do the half and some can do the relay.
in all seriousness, lemme know when next yr's is. MG or not. I'm sure I could swing something here at work to get it all covered. (cause I'm still coming down for MG no matter what)

Yes, you did. I'd have to get in shape before I'd be beach ready... but I can do the beach.
pppfffttttt!! we've got plenty of beach time left in the year. Anytime through September is beach time!!!

Originally Posted by canary52
Sounds good to me! But I aint doin no marathon, half or otherwise. I will cheer you all on from the sidelines. You will recognize me. I will be the one with the big ol' shrimp po'boy in one hand, waving to you all like crazy with the other.
spoil sport!!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
in all seriousness, lemme know when next yr's is. MG or not. I'm sure I could swing something here at work to get it all covered. (cause I'm still coming down for MG no matter what)

pppfffttttt!! we've got plenty of beach time left in the year. Anytime through September is beach time!!!

spoilsport!!!!
you be nice!
Old 03-09-2012, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

you be nice!
I'm back to feeling like myself, "nice" has left the building.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Going to a fish fry tonight but all their sides are high carb except that it depends who makes the coleslaw whether it has sugar in it or not. I already logged my food and made myself some low carb macaroni salad (with Dreamfields pasta touted as "low digestible carb" and I can tolerate it) to tote along, and am also taking a chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffin for my dessert. If I stick to my plan I'll come in at all green tomorrow.

Kim, it's not easy to keep up with this group unless you have no life outside the computer. LOL I hope you get lower numbers on the scale AND new clothes this weekend.

April, great report! I love the biker pic. LOL I'm not a sweet grandma type--but I do watch my suggestive language around kids. Wow, that's great that your scale let you get by with your sweets binge yesterday. I guess sometimes that change-up from well on plan to crazy bad fools our bodies at times. I got by with my Tuesday cheat of snack cake, Oreos and milk, too. You have come a long way down to baggy 20s. I used to wear 24-26 an am down to 20s but they're not baggy yet. Yes, sometimes we can lose inches without losing weight--doesn't happen to me, though, that I know of. I'm so happy for you to have gotten that compliment asking if you lost more weight recently. I never measure--I just go by my pants size but that's just my preference such I have such a huge belly.

Ama, wishing you some wonderful quality time with your son. I have never had crawfish, but I've had alligator and it was really good. Sometimes I detest logging--because I don't want to know my bad cheat numbers--but it's the best way for me to get right back on track.

Hope, great job doing a quick, honest summary of Wednesday and Thursday. Im taking it that it wasn't totally on plan, but that you didn't really pig out on the taboo foods. I hope you have an enjoyable weekend.

Mike, mud pits are not for me! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.