Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Old 03-08-2012, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report

The sat fat culprit was sugar free Russell Stover Toffee Squares that I used to eat before I found out I had high cholesterol. Haven't had them for a while and didn't notice until AFTER I ate them yesterday that they're high in sat fat. It was an accident so won't beat myself up over it, and just won't buy them any more.

Calorie limit 1600 1298, 1399, 1503
Saturated fat average 12% or less 7%, 14%, 17%, AVERAGE 12.7&
Cholesterol average under 300mg 186, 76g, 173g
Carbs less fiber 25g 36.4g, 84.3g , 24g even
Fiber 25g 28g, 24g, 43g thanks to black soy beans. Average now 31.7g
Protein average 120g 131g, 76g, calling it green at 119.4g

Water 48 oz. YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES

Last edited by Mern; 03-08-2012 at 04:49 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: 80oz,
2. No Diet Coke (still hanging on for lent) M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
3. 30 Day Shred 6 days of the week M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch when I can (not Monday or Weds due to appts) M: N/A, T: No, it was cold and windy and I was a wuss!, W: N/A,
5. Log it! M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
6. Carbs under 50% M: 41%, T: 44%, W: 47%,
7. Weekly deficit of 5000 M: -1109, T: -339, W: -1843, Deficit this week: -3291
8. Weigh and post it daily M: 264.8lbs, T: 264.2lbs, W: 264.8lbs, Th: 264.4lbs, Weight change this week: -.4lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Finish photo album cleanup M: No, T: No, W: No,
2. Don't get frustrated. He isn't doing it just to make me upset. M: Yes, T: Yes, W: on the verge of being very upset with him,
3. Finalize bank paperwork M: More done, waiting on one paper from township office, T: Waiting on township paper, W: Submitted township paper,
4. Finish laundry (put away too!) M: One load down, one to go, T: No, W: Washed a load, Th: Dried them

This week I need a set of weekend goals. I need to see them all week so I have a game plan in mind when the weekend gets here.
1. Clean out car
2. Good cleaning of kitchen level includes fridge and cupboards
3. Wash all curtains
4. Clean out snake tank
5. Clean fish tank
6. Whole house general cleaning
7. This might be pushing it but weather permitting, trim some forsynthia bushes! W: Beautiful weather drew me outside until after dark!

Sorry I bailed the past two days. I have been doing well. Actually so well that I can't believe the scale isn't really moving. It's okay, I will be expecting a large loss in the near future and I will grab it this time. I was at 260 a few weeks ago but didn't hang onto it. This time when it gets here, it is MINE!

Yesterday I got the results of my son's bloodwork and all is fine. He is normal, LOL! Let them try to prove that one!! (j/k) He doesn't talk to the counselors or doctor at this new school either. We really want him to find someone to open up to but honestly we can't drag him around to every doctor in the county until he decides to like one of them. As soon as they ask him what makes him mad, he gets mad and won't talk. I just don't get it. I would love some days to have someone ask me what is making me mad and be able to unload everything that is on my mind. I know that I would feel so much better. I just can't convince him of that. He just says it is none of their business. ... I have always had big problems when asking him for help with stuff. Especially physical labor type stuff so I thought I would give it a shot last night. I wanted him to gather the branches I was cutting off a bush and take them across the yard to the garden. He seemed up for it and said he wanted to use the wheelbarrow. Let's just say, he was frustrated as soon as he started. There was dog poo in the grass, the branches were all tangled, the wheelbarrow tipped over, etc etc. I gave him the option to just put away the wheelbarrow and go inside. He did keep trying but was getting more and more PO'd as the minutes went by. This behavior before would have gotten us into a screaming match but I refused to go to that level with him. I just again told him to stop and go inside. He said I was going to ground him for not helping and once I said that I wasn't he took one armload of branches over and then said he was sorry that he couldn't help without being so frustrated and that he needs thorazine to be able to do things like that and then he went inside. I did call him to my room later and tell him in private that I was sorry he couldn't help me but I did my job by myself and not to think that he was going to get out of helping do stuff by acting that way all the time. ... Now who's the frustrated one? ME! and my hubby. We had a long talk about how he isn't really progressing. If anything he may be regressing slowly. He is just controlling it so he doesn't have an actual outburst that lands him in the crisis center.

On a happier note, I did do that bush and I tell you what...I hate the people that planted them! There are about 8 of them and they cover about 75 ft of property line. They are about 10ft across each and like 15ft tall. I chopped the first one clear back until it is just the main branches inside the bush. It took about 1-1/2 hrs of hand chopping with scissor type cutters. And about a 1/2 hr of gathering and carrying away the debris. It got dark so I didn't get to rake where the bush was and get all the small stuff but hopefully I can do that tomorrow night or this weekend. It is raining today so I won't get to do it today. I thought that I would be sore today, but I am not. If anything I have a little extra energy. I didn't get out of breath with all that carrying and dragging. I felt really good doing that work and feel like I can do the rest of them this season too. Every year since we lived there (3yrs) we have cut them back and tried to shape them. I finally talked to the neighbor on the other side of them (they are my bushes) and they said they dont' care if I cut them way down to let them grow back. I was concerned about their privacy because they have a pool but they don't care. So that is my goal, I will get them all cut all the way back this year. I don't care if it takes until the end of summer to accomplish it, I will do it!

Hopefully I will get time here this evening to read through all of the posts and do some replying.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

Gotta run--hope I didn't miss anyone who addressed me personally. If I did, just holler.

Nobe, LOL on the poop jokes.

Kim, I'm glad you posted about the methylprednisolone. I was going to look that up but forgot. Sounds so beneficial--I'm very happy it worked for you. I almost forgot you're a nurse. Aw, so sorry you're stuck on a plateau. Seems like sometimes no matter what we do, the scale won't budge until our bodies are ready to let loose of more weight. But even if you don't lose more before your May dive, won't you still be in a lot better condition? Big hug to ya!

Tori, you're still melting away more weight. Kudos to you. Your calorie intake is nice! Gatorade instead of water is a lot better than alcohol or full sugar pop. So glad you're feeling better!

Luv, no, I haven't heard of spontaneous bleeding after exercise. You are doing a fabulous job--the life goals are just hard to hit sometimes. There just aren't enough hours in the day for me to get done all I'd like to before my grandkids come home from school. Their school day is 45 minutes shorter due to budget cuts and no school busses, so DH and I have to drive them to and from school (2 different schools) and I have an hour and forty minutes less kid-free time per day than I used to.

Mike, geez! The weight is just melting away on you, too! Kudos to you!

Quinn, I hope you enjoy your nice weather and find the time to get in more walking. Aw, so nice that the pooches will have you to walk them.

Hope, happy Purim back at ya! Thanks for the info--so nice to get new tidbits of info on different religions and cultures. Congrats on the skinnier tops. I asked one time about vanity sizes in a store when I was buying new pants and the clerk swore to me that she's sure they're not because hers is the same size whether she buys her pants there or elsewhere. Sometimes you're just skinnier than you think.

Terri, OMG what a freak accident! It surely does sound painful. I sure hope it feels better soon. Have you taken any pain meds? If so, do they help at all?

Ama, as much as I hate exercise, I'd be willing to do 1/2 hour on the treadmill for the comfort of Nyquil, too. Good advice about asking for help when we need it or would be so comforted by it. I tend to have a martyr complex at times. I like your sensible goals. Enjoy your treats--I do that, too or else I'd go nuts from deprivation.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Default Guess who met me for lunch today?

Holy smokes, the way my shirt is tucked in, it looks like I have a huge muffin top. Maybe the camera does add 10 pounds to ya.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-08-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

Ugh, I spoke too soon about having a good day. I wound up leaving work a little bit after 12 this afternoon because the Migraine from Hell came back with a vengance. I'm not one to call in or leave work becaue I'm sick, and it killed me to have to leave today. But sometimes, things just have to be done. I probably would have toughed it out somehow had the nausea not kicked in. I barely made it home before hugging the porcelain god. Food has not been my friend today. The only things I've been able to keep down are mashed potatoes and Ritz crackers. Somehow, I've managed to eat an entire sleeve of the crackers. Well, there goes hitting my calories for the day.

On a brighter note.......when I woke up this evening most of the headache is gone. I decided that I'd take out my contacts and give my eyes a rest for the remainder of the night (normally I only take them out when I'm going to bed and put them back in first thing in the morning). I scrounged around and found my backup pair of glasses and put those on so I don't fall and hurt myself (I'm practically blind) and they're HUGE on my face. So, now once I reach goal I've got to get a crapload of new clothes AND a new backup pair of specs.....
Old 03-08-2012, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

Aw, Mike, that's great that you had lunch with your DD. Who's the other guy? Great picture! Maybe I have old eyes--I don't see a muffin top, even if I open it on photobucket. You look great and very happy! If you do another cyber tree for us next Christmas, use that one for your skinnier smiling face.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Tori, well that's one way to get out of work. Don't worry about the crackers, I'm sure puking kinda evens it out.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:12 AM
FitDay Member

Aw, Tori, so sorry 'bout your migraine headache. Three of my daughters kids get them and two get the spinning room and vomitting with it. I know it sucks big time! Glad you're feeling a bit better. At the rate you're going it won't be long before you have to get new skinny clothes and specs. Have a good night sleep! Big gentle hug to ya.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Aw, Mike, that's great that you had lunch with your DD. Who's the other guy? Great picture! Maybe I have old eyes--I don't see a muffin top, even if I open it on photobucket. You look great and very happy! If you do another cyber tree for us next Christmas, use that one for your skinnier smiling face.
Mern, that wasn't my DD. I'll give you another hint.

Originally Posted by almeeker
I don't know how much I'll be able to participate this week, DH surprised me with a little vacay starting tomorrow, talk about perfect timing! Momma needs some serious R&R. We're going to New Orleans!
That was Amy and her hubby.

So within a couple weeks I've met two of the 7 day ladies down here.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Default meet & greet

We were actually talking about setting up a meet and greet. I've been thinking about this for some time. I was thinking about mentioning this to everyone b/c there are also some people that I'd like to meet that aren't posting in the 7 days threads.

Of course we'd have to figure out a location and time of year. Who would seriously be interested in getting the crew together?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.