Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Old 03-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

1) 3000 cals deficient: -697, +829, -659 (-527 so far)
2) workout 3 times: no, no, yes
3) walk 2 times: no, no, yes (just over 5 miles)
4) 4 serving of fruit/veggies: yes, yes, yes
5) weigh in daily (starting Tuesday morning): will tomorrow,T= 184.6,w= 183.2, Th=181.4 (-3.2 so far)

I'm not worried about my rapid loss, we all know when it come to me... easy come, easy go. I'll probably finish the week at 185.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm not worried about my rapid loss, we all know when it come to me... easy come, easy go. I'll probably finish the week at 185.
Geez Negative Nelly!!!!

So, I woke up feeling a gazilliom times better today. Even after only getting 3 hours of sleep last night. Hopefully the day goes well at work...I'm so not wanting a long day.

Where is everybody??????
Old 03-08-2012, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

I took last night off from the gym. I hadn't slept well the night before and I am starting to wonder about over training. I feel so drained all the time. I did manage to stay within my calorie goal and got some sleep last night. Hopefully today I make it to the gym. I know i am feeling defeated by the scale. I have worked so hard and i don't want my scale depression to cause me to throw in the towel. Trying to be strong. Reading all the stuff on plateaus and why the scale does't move. Cognitively, I understand. Emotionally I want the scale to move:roll eyes: Oh well. off to work
Old 03-08-2012, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator

Kim, don't let the scale get you down. I often do something crazy, like eat handfuls of cookies, that seems to kickstart the scale. Maybe it's because I'll spend more time sitting next to it than on it. (TMI sorry).

Overtraining is a big issue that a lot of people overlook. Have you changed up your routine lately?

Tori, I'm not negative, just realistic. I'll try to be positive for you... I'm positive the scale will go up some between now and Sunday.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Tori, that pic is too funny! HA!HA! I know that it's special for Mike, but you just brightened up my day. (Chuckling here!)

Thanks, Mike for your encouragement. I need to remember that, in fact, I'm losing weight & gaining strength/endurance. So I am doing some things right.

Kim ~ (((Hugs))) Chin up girl! You're at a good place in lots of ways, but yes I know how emotionally discouraging it can be when the scale doesn't do its thing.

Has anyone here experienced spontaneous bleeding after exercising? I started bleeding around the gums. It reminded me of when I used to sometimes experience nosebleeds as a kid. I guess this could be result of lots of things. I'll need to check out nutrients on my loggings & see where I am on the micro. So far I've not been focusing on the micro nutrients, just trying to eat balanced with variety.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Everyone!

I'm around... just ended up with another crazy, busy week. Just caught up on the posts, and it looks like everyone's doing well. Trying to stay on plan, but McDonald's drive-through may have reared it's ugly head yesterday (...my weakness when I'm in a hurry). Caved in to husband's fast food craving.

Supposed to be near 60 Sunday and Monday. Haven't seen that since last fall. Hope it doesn't rain so that I can get more hiking in. I'm seriously starting to think that it is almost impossible to get these last five pounds off until I can get back to walking my 3 mi. every day. Looking forward to taking my "Shelter Pups" for long, wooded walks when the snow clears. (I may be up to the 9-10 lb. variety now! lol) It's fun to have a "buddy" to walk with without the responsibility of 24 hour a day dog ownership. But, as soft as I am, it won't be long before one ends up going home with me, I'm sure.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Purim!!!! Jewish holiday featuring the eating of three sided COOKIES ( buzzword for Mike.) Hamentachen means Hamen's hat. The holiday is about the liberation of the Jews from the evil Hamen by the virtuous Queen Esther and King Mordechai. I dragged DH away from work to go to the temple and made him leave before they served the hamentachen. BECAUSE I KNEW OTHERWISE I WOULD EAT THEM (maybe not 1500 calories worth, Jeeze.) Since the service was short (it's not supposed to be - you're supposed to read the Megilla, a very long document, which is where we get the expresision the whole megilla.) Anyway since it was still early we went to a strip mall where there was a fabulous HUGE beautiful store (no advertsising here so let's just call it Bold Gravy) and I got really nice really cheap tops (some as low as $5.) Turns out I needed a smaller size than I always buy, must be vanity sizing but hey I'll take it!!!! This comes from NOT EATING COOKIES, MIKE this means you. Nobe, you have a pass; when Mike starts nursing (hey he's OK with breasts) we'll give him one too. Now if only I could get a pair of jeans that actually fit me.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator

I hurt my finger in my front door. I was actually playing around with BF when it happened. We were having a mock fight sort of and I pretended to slam the door on him (he was outside) - except I didn't realize my finger was there and I smashed the tip of it. Middle finger, right hand. Stupid injury.

The swelling has gone down bu the nail bed is all black-purplish in color. It's really tender to the touch anywhere on the nail. I keep thinking it's going to fall off but it doesn't feel "loose" and I don't think the finger is broken because I can push on the bottom of the tip and that feels fine, it'sjust the nail that hurts.

I just want the apin to go away. I can deal with a purple nail but OUCH.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Kim, don't let the scale get you down. I often do something crazy, like eat handfuls of cookies, that seems to kickstart the scale. Maybe it's because I'll spend more time sitting next to it than on it. (TMI sorry).

Overtraining is a big issue that a lot of people overlook. Have you changed up your routine lately?
no I haven't. It's a problem for me. I am quick to get in a rut. I will try to shake it up this week. And may eat cookies...yumm

Originally Posted by fit4luv
Kim ~ (((Hugs))) Chin up girl! You're at a good place in lots of ways, but yes I know how emotionally discouraging it can be when the scale doesn't do its thing. [/FONT]

Has anyone here experienced spontaneous bleeding after exercising? I started bleeding around the gums. It reminded me of when I used to sometimes experience nosebleeds as a kid. I guess this could be result of lots of things. I'll need to check out nutrients on my loggings & see where I am on the micro. So far I've not been focusing on the micro nutrients, just trying to eat balanced with variety.
thanks fit.

As for the bleeding I dont have anything scientific but I know when they were drawing my blood after the deep dives last year I wasn't coagulating as fast as normal. Stress on the body? Let me know if you find anything out.

Originally Posted by taubele
I hurt my finger in my front door. I was actually playing around with BF when it happened. We were having a mock fight sort of and I pretended to slam the door on him (he was outside) - except I didn't realize my finger was there and I smashed the tip of it. Middle finger, right hand. Stupid injury.

The swelling has gone down bu the nail bed is all black-purplish in color. It's really tender to the touch anywhere on the nail. I keep thinking it's going to fall off but it doesn't feel "loose" and I don't think the finger is broken because I can push on the bottom of the tip and that feels fine, it'sjust the nail that hurts.

I just want the apin to go away. I can deal with a purple nail but OUCH.
Ouch!!! Use ice to reduce some of the swelling and Tylenol. Tylenol will not only reduce the pain but reduce the inflammation which is likely causing the pain. Feel better.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, thanks for the welcomes, ya’ll really uplifted my spirits yesterday! I think I am finally through the Nyquil phase, at least for the moment. Thank you very much Mern for looking up the nutrition information! Weird to think that it would take me about ˝ hour on the treadmill to burn off the Nyquil calories alone, but yes it was worth it!

So sorry to hear about those of you who are feeling pain. Be safe, and get better soon, and don’t be afraid to ask those around you for help when you need it.

Today my goals are:

1 – Stay focused and productive at work.
2 – Eat fruits and veggies – no meat today. Drink water all day long.
3 – Walk at least 1.5 mile on the treadmill, 20 flights on the stair-master, and 10-15 min of upper body weights.
4 – Don’t snack after workout – wait for dinner! This is a tough one… I am so hungry after the gym.
5 – Reward myself with a little treat tonight after dinner for being good to myself (so long as it fits into my daily calorie goal of <1500) ;-)

Stay safe everyone! Ama

Our food should be our medicine and our medicine should be our food.” ~Hippocrates

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.