Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon** >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Old 03-07-2012, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe, well, you're hubby is very sweet. My DH is very bad about buying junk food to have on hand for our grandkids that we take care care of before and after school. That's great that you enjoy walking--good for the little one to get fresh air daily, too. Kudos on doing that and taking the longer way home. I walk at the on the gym treadmill or at home to an aerobic walking DVD and I'm a clock watcher, too. I hate doing it, but afterwards I feel more energized. I thought I'd be self-conscious at the gym because of my weight, but people there are always concentrating on their own workout. I never see anyone people watching. There are all different ages, all different builds, all different weights. Hey, congrats on the 4 lbs. lost! I'm rooting for you to hit those 180s! OMG, I wish I could lose 50 lbs. by eating oat bran. LOL

Luv, major kudos for eating right two days in a row. I hope that's contageous because I could use some of your willpower. I vow to eat clean today!

Hope, BRAVO on just a few bites of the molten chocolate cake! Quite nice job overall yesterday!

Mike, I don't specifically remember the black light but I do remember the disgusting things they said about what was found on sheets and EWWWW! It was common for sheets to not be changed at all. I had cookies and cake last night. Going right now to make myself some low carb legal-for-me chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffins.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
OMG, I wish I could lose 50 lbs. by eating oat bran. LOL
I know! I don't know how backed up he was that that worked, haha.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Luv, congrats on doing so well!!! What is YOMP please?
Ha!Ha! I looked for a word that would work for me related to what I need to get done outside. I came across this fun little word. I thought about how often I'm carrying something and working in the soil. So when I'm outside working I can pretend that I'm yomping. I wonder if there's anyone here that uses this word regularly? Anyway, the definition is as follows:
YOMP ->
yomp [yomp]
(past yomped, past participle yomped, present participle yomp·ing, 3rd person present singular yomps) vi
U.K. walk with load: to walk while heavily laden or over difficult terrain (informal)
[Late 20th century. Origin unknown.]
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved
_______-----_________
Mern ~ I tell you, evening time comes along and somehow resisting is harder. And yet, look at your green! We'll see how today goes for me. One day at a time.

~~~~~~*******~~~~~~~~
OK Ladies & Gentleman -> Today, along with 2 different Ultrasounds I did my 1st mamogram. I was never scared of the thought of mamograms, it was just something that I simply didn't get to.
ETA:
Within minutes:
#1.It was done
#2.Did not hurt -maybe a slight pinch here & there.
#3.Only 2 "pictures" of each one taken
#4.Was instructed that because this was a baseline (1st mamogram), I may be called back again & not to worry.

So is there anyone else who needs to schedule in a mamogram for this year? Their first or follow up?

I'll be back later.

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-07-2012 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Undo bold.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, you ARE supermom, the NICE supermom, which makes you even more awesome!!! Have BIG FUN in NOLA!!! I'd say you earned it!!!

Mern, I love you. Can I adopt you as surrogate family? At least I'd know I'd get good meals and lots of loving support!!! And we should adopt Amy and she could make us all cool Halloween costumes!!! Even historically accurate ones!!!! (Only kidding, Amy, you already do MORE THAN ENOUGH work.) Guess I kinda gotta adopt you all...
I feel that same way, so yes go ahead and adopt away.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone,

Sorry I didn't join in this week. I mashed my hand in a door over the weekend. No broken bones, but one finger is swollen at the tip and the nail is turning black and blue. Concerned it may fall off? Typing is really slow and one-handed so I can't properly catch up but I am sending all hugs.

This week, I am giving myself exercise off but trying to make good food choices. Will pick up when my hand is less tender.

Love!

~Terri
Old 03-07-2012, 07:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi all you wonderful women (and wanna-be women .)

I've been lurking the week, posting in a couple of other threads, but not active here. This week's main goal is to stick with the low carb thing I signed up for. So far, pretty good. Since there is only so much meat and (a limited selection of) veggies I can eat, and alcohol is forbidden the calories have been quite low. Thus 3lbs lost in a week. I know about half is the usual water (and other waste products, ahem), but it is nice to feel rewarded for the sacrifice (oh woe is me).

Hi to all of the newer folks, welcome to this super support group. They are all my foundation.

Stay strong and motivated everyone!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
I know! I don't know how backed up he was that that worked, haha.
OMG, Nobe, you gave me the greatest chuckle. I was gonna post to you that I wondered if he was "backed up"--and those were the exact words I was going to use. But not knowing you well, I didn't say it because I didn't want to offend you or your friend. LOL Great minds think alike.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1--calories --M-Th: 1100 no more than 1400, F-Su: at least 1100 no more than 1700--M: 1308, 1425
2--64 oz water or more daily--M: NO, NO
3--stick to new work out schedule--M:Zumba Tu:Cardio Burn W:yoga Th:Zumba F:Cardio Burn Sa:yoga Su:day off--Yell at me, call me names, provoke me, whatever it takes!--M: N, N but I'm sick
4--walk: Tu, W, Fr, Su--at least 3 miles each--again, PUSH ME--M: N/A Tu: NO
5--Weigh and Post daily--M: 199.4 Tu: 199.6 W: 196.8

Life/Home
1--wash, fold, and put away all vacation laundry (still not done)--N, N
2--clean out car (still needs to be done)--N, N
3--don't stress about it, but at least think about it (seriously don't stress about it)--YES, NO
4--go to work, do the work, go home. don't take it with me--YES, YES
Old 03-07-2012, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

What a great thread to have found today! Especially today, as I have not logged onto FD for several days and need some inspiration. I’m getting over a terrible head cold… I wonder how many calories are in Nyquil? Not logging food since last weekend has led to eating whatever my husband puts in front of me… and he is one of those “let’s just go pick-up something quick to eat” types when it is his turn to cook… oh I have been bad, and I don’t feel good about it at all! Yesterday I ate out for 3 meals… and I feel terrible. But Wednesday’s are great, and so today I shall…

1 – Ignore the scale (until this weekend)
2 – Drink at least 64 oz of water. Hot tea counts!
3 – Log ALL my food. Even the left over Panda Express I just had for lunch…
4 – Pack my gym bag tonight and put it in the front seat of the car.
5 – Take a power walk at work.
6 – Don’t snack before dinner! Don’t make cornbread to go with the chili I started in the crock-pot this morning. Don’t open the bottle of pinot noir sitting next to the cornbread mix.
7 – Try to sleep really really well tonight. Aka – not next to my 3yr old son who pulls my hair all night.

Wow, that was refreshing to write that all down! … I have definitely gained motivation from reading your stories, thank you for your posts! Best wishes – Ama
Old 03-07-2012, 08:10 AM
FitDay Member

Did you eat in the Gumbo Shop too?
We did. I remember ordering the Blackened Chicken, and it not being very blackened. And I remember the garlic mashed being deVINE, but I love any kind of mashed potato. Other than that, I couldn't really tell you much about it, other than we sat outside and the waiter was cute but trying too hard (it was the night that I got, I'll put it nicely, a little bit tipsy )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.