Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon** >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Old 03-06-2012, 03:32 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Mern! I think hubby just knew I liked it. I could eat a whole tub without even thinking about it before. To me, it's better than ice cream. Seems like the less junk I bring in the house, the more he brings in. It's not as bad as chocolate cake or anything, but it's not helping me either. I admit, I had about 1/2 a cup for dessert tonight (though I'm still in the 1,600s). Can't wait till it's gone.

I like walking a lot (except when it's freezing or windy, so I haven't gotten out as much as I'd like the past few months). There's a bunch of stores near my house so I take the kid out in the stroller and get the groceries, take the long way home, or if it's nice, just go for a wander through the neighbourhood.

I have a love/hate relationship with any other kind of exercise (including lifting weights). It feels good while I'm doing it, and good afterwards, but it's hard to start and even while it's feeling good I'm staring at the clock the whole time waiting to be done. But it's not too bad if I watch tv while I do it and then I just say "ok, you can stop when this show is over." But once it's become routine it'll be easier. I used to lift weights every day (in my old [single, childless] life), and it wasn't even an option to not do it. Hopefully it'll get that way again.

In a perfect world I'd do "real" exercise like going to a gym or going swimming, but I don't really like exercising where people can see me, haha. I bought a bathing suit a couple of weeks ago, but I'm still trying to get over seeing myself in the fitting room mirror. Yikes!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:14 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow TUES Check-In

2 Days in a row of doing well. Even with Caloric Intake. This is big time good news for me seeing as to how I struggle with eating right.
TUES MISSION -> 3 miles . . .DONE
WED MISSION -> 2 mile walk + Circuit
______-------_______
FIT * health
FOCUS (3) Mind & Heart
*Audio Bible (10 Chapt): DONE
*Hlth Group (Bk Study x7 sections): x6
*Thankfulness Journal (x6): x2

INTAKE (3) Nutrition
FOOD.'. {5 Grain/Meat/Veg/Oils} & {3 Dairy~1½ Fruit} & {1-2 Extra}
*1600-1700 Calorie *~* AT/BELOW x2 . . . {M_T_ }
*Water (64 oz) *~* YES x2 . . . {M_T_}
*Supplements *~* YES x2 . . . {M_T_}

TRAIN (4) Movement . . . {M_T_}
*Aerobic (150") = 80”
*Muscular (Circuit x3) = x1
*Miles - Focused Feet (10 mi) = 5 miles
*Miles - Lifestyle (25 mi) =

DAY * life (5) May need to adjust.
DAZZLE: Kitchen & Cleaning & Clothing (AIM: 12½ hr = 24 Lifestyle mi.)
#1. Kitchen (6 hrs wkly) = 2 hr
#2. Cleaning (3 ½ hours wkly) = 20"
#3. Clothing x7 = x1
ADMINISTRATE: . . .#4. Seatwork (Personal) & Contacts ( 1 hr) =
YOMP: . . . #5. Outside work (x2) =

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-07-2012 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Copy goals.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:12 AM
FitDay Member

My goals:
1) 6 glasses of water minimum - 9, 8
2) get the eating under control - Y, Y
3) avoid sugar - Y, fell down at lunch but got right (few bites of molten chocolate cake,yum but got right back on plan for dinner
4) lower carb -Y, not so much (lunch: lots of breaad and aforememtioned bites of cake)
5) stretch - Y, Y
6) try to be more positive -N, N
7) exercise in some form if fibro allows -N, N

I feel like today is a new day; Wednesdays do that for me sometimes. So I am to at least walk if not go to the gym and to BE POSITIVE.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I was required to boycott Frank's and so are you. Apparently, because Frank pissed off Mike everyone Mike knows has to boycott. (although, we were thisclose to going there one night. but ssshhh don't tell Mike)

The first night we were there we went to Neyow's Creole Cafe (on Bienville St). It was pretty good. I got the red beans & rice w/ hot sausage and was super duper happy. The beans were a little bit soupy on the plate, and there wasn't enough rice when I got the plate but I politely asked for a side of rice, and the waitress didn't even charge me for it (not that I was wanting it free, I don't mind paying for something). After I had eaten all the sausage and mixed my rice in I had to add hot sauce, but I do that pretty much everywhere I eat, so take that for what it is. I'll have to try and remember some of the other places that we went. Domino's in Covington delivers.....just sayin'

Did you eat in the Gumbo Shop too?

Yum sausage; I love andouille sausage. Ad do you know that Louis Armstrong sometimes used to sign his letters, "Red beans and ricely yours."
Old 03-07-2012, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I just received preliminary results of yesterday's ultrasound. It shows that my endometrial lining is 1.0 cm thick. Normal lining is only .5-.6cm thick. So it's about double. It really shouldn't be especially right now since TOTM was just last week so it should be cleaned out from that. Since I already have the hystero-sonogram scheduled for next Wednesday we are going to go ahead with that. After we get the results of that one, we will probably follow up with a biopsy and a possible D&C. Not gonna panic yet. I'm just resisting the urge to google further because the first two links I looked at screamed cancer and I'm not hearing that right now.
Do not let the internet make you crazy!!! Do not diagnose yourself!!!! Sending prayers...
Old 03-07-2012, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Just a quick check in. I've pretty much felt like crap all day, starting at 3 this morning when I woke up because of an asthma attack. As the day went on, the worse I've felt. I was going to go by the doctor's after work, but wound up getting off late and the office was closed. When I finally got home from work, I realized that I had left my emergency inhaler on my desk. I would go back and get it, but it's a 30 minute drive one way. I really don't want to have to do that unless neccessary. I had planned on going to the doctor tomorrow anyway, I need a new script for my controller meds, so I guess I'll go first thing in the morning.

I probably won't be on again tonight. Gonna go grab my favorite blanket and curl up on the couch. Hope all is well with everyone else.
Feel better, honey.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

I have nor been able to catch up fully on the posts but big hugs to everyone. More to come...

Hi Nobe, welcome!!!

Mike where ARE you?

Luv, congrats on doing so well!!! What is YOMP please?
Old 03-07-2012, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, I saw that same show. Is that the one where they put the black light on the sheets?

Hope, I'm here... for now.

I need to finish logging my food from last night. It was bad, after my awesome dinner I destroyed some chocolate chip cookies fresh out the oven. Okay, I lied, it wasn't some, probably 12-15.

1) 3000 cals deficient: -697, (not sure yet)
2) workout 3 times: no, no
3) walk 2 times: no, no
4) 4 serving of fruit/veggies: yes, yes
5) weigh in daily (starting tuesday morning): will tomorrow, 184.6, 183.2
Old 03-07-2012, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday report:

I ate clean all day and then blew it in the evening with a Swiss Cake roll and 4 Oreos. Wasn't carb cravings--just kept thinking about the chocolate birthday cake I was able to avoid last Saturday and wanted it last night and didn't have the willpower. Today I will bake some on-plan chocolate flaxmeal muffins. If I'd had them last night, it would have satisfied my craving for chocolate cake and I'd have been all green on my food. Calories and cholesterol were good, though.

Blue means off track, but not yet a failure because I'm going for an average for the week.

Calorie limit 1600 1298, 1399
Saturated fat average 12% 7%, 14%
Cholesterol average under 300mg 186, 76g
Carbs less fiber 25g 36.4g, 84.3g
Fiber 25g 28g, 24g
Protein average 120g 131, 76g

Exercise 5 days YES, YES
48 oz. water minimum YES, YES
Old 03-07-2012, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

I'm down 4 pounds (today is my weigh in day, because I started on February 1st)! I don't know what I did different, or maybe it's one of those glitches that sometimes happens and it will be up again tomorrow, but I'll take it!

My friend lost about 50 pounds and swears that the only change he made is to start eating a bowl of all-bran every morning, and I had some just about every day this week, so I'm going to go with that, haha. It's a lot better than the 0s and 1s I've been getting, anyway. It makes me feel more motivated to keep it up. Three more pounds and I'm in the 180s.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.