Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon** >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Old 03-06-2012, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Just a quick check in. I've pretty much felt like crap all day, starting at 3 this morning when I woke up because of an asthma attack. As the day went on, the worse I've felt. I was going to go by the doctor's after work, but wound up getting off late and the office was closed. When I finally got home from work, I realized that I had left my emergency inhaler on my desk. I would go back and get it, but it's a 30 minute drive one way. I really don't want to have to do that unless neccessary. I had planned on going to the doctor tomorrow anyway, I need a new script for my controller meds, so I guess I'll go first thing in the morning.

I probably won't be on again tonight. Gonna go grab my favorite blanket and curl up on the couch. Hope all is well with everyone else.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, Rose--I miss you!

Pam and Mary, hope you're having a good time.

Shalafi, great to see you posting. Aw, have a great time visiting with your friend.

Mike, how are you? You've been awfully quiet lately. Just busy or not feeling good or is something eating at you?

Luv, your exercise schedule is admirable! We all know you can do it and are rooting you on. You have great tips on the water. I believe it was Amy who first taught me how to get it all in as well--and yes, it was by dividing it up. I love how everyone here helps each other. I'm not wimpy about driving in the snow but ice scares me--I almost went off the road into a deep ravine several years ago when I was being as careful as humanly possible, but there's a certain place at the end of my street that ices over really badly every time we get a wet snow. Well, I can see that logging before eating when one feels sick is not a good idea, but otherwise logging by noon would be really helpful. Like you, my hardest time is in the evening, so I really need to plan those snacks. Tonight I can have a protein shake, 4 ounces of celery with a tablespoon of lower carb peanut butter, and 2 pieces of sugar free hard candy and I'll have an all green day tomorrow.

April, it could be so many other things besides cancer and very possibly something that would be best taken care of but is not all that serious. This is like one of the times I always took the stance that I would not worry about a certain issue until I knew I had something to worry about. In every health issue case in my past where something could have been cancer, it was not--so I saved myself a lot of grief and hand wrenching. Google free hug to ya!
Old 03-06-2012, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

Mern & Luv ... That is exactly my thought. I won't worry until I have to. Me worrying and upsetting everyone else in my life is not going to change the outcome. I will have the other test done next Wednesday and they will probably follow it up with a biopsy. I had a polyp in my uterus once before and when they biopsied it, they got the whole thing. So I've been through a uterine biopsy before. Nothing too major. She did say that they may do a D&C depending on the biopsy results. I have too much going on in my life right now to let something that I have no control over take over the rest of my life.

Tori ... Don't mess around with your asthma girl. Make sure you keep that inhaler with you in case you need it. Glad to hear you are going to the dr in the morning. Aren't we all keeping the health insurance companies busy lately?
Old 03-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, hey have you been missing me? I've been busy but I should be more active here. Did you see my rant from Sunday?
Old 03-06-2012, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

April ~ Good deal. You are one amazing Mamma.

Mern ~ What protein shake do you use? If I may be so nosy. And yea -> Mike had some incredible experience last week - at least he posted last week.

Mike ~ Have you had a chance or have any plans to follow up on your rant last week?

Tori ~ Oh dear! Please take great care of yourself.

Time to get the kids to bed. Take care to all of you. I'll be back soon to post my goals.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

Tori don't mess around with that asthma stuff. If you feel short of breath and don't have your rescue inhaler get your butt to and ER. Glad you are seeing the MD in the morning. Perhaps there is a maintenance med he can put you on to better control your asthma.

April I know how hard it can be when you get a test result with lots of possibilities including cancer. My mamo two years ago can back inconclusive and i had to go have an ultrasound. My mind went crazy waiting for the u.s. Turns out I have very dense breast tissue and any mamo from hear on out will probably come back inconclusive but that first time i put myself through the ringer. Your in my thoughts. Try to stay positive.

I made it to the gym and killed it so I am exhausted and going to keep this short.
Calories way under
weights yes
cardio 1 hour
plank yes
increased the treadmill from 22 minutes of jogging to 24.

Tomorrow is hump day people we are half way through the week
Old 03-06-2012, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm feeling a smidge better than I did when I first got home, but still not great. I've done a lot of resting, and I ate dinner (not much though, and am getting hungry again).

Kim, I know all about trips to the ER w/ asthma. Roughly 3 years ago after 2 really rough bouts with bronchitis I had a nice little ambulance ride. All I really remember is looking in the mirror and thinking "are my lips blue? nah...." Well, turns out, yeah they were. I fell coming out of the bathroom and my roommate heard and came running downstairs (I'm pretty sure she jumped the last 6). I vaguely remember telling her not to call 911, but sure am glad that she did! My O2 sat was a 79!!!! and double ! I don't remember the ambulance getting to the apartment, and I don't remember cussing out the paramedic (apparently I told him to F off). I do remember him blowing my vein trying to put in an IV. And he was nice enough to check back on me a couple of hours later as I was laying on a gurney w/ and oxygen mask on. His exact words were "OMG you look so much better!!!" He said that I had looked pretty close to death when they got to the apartment.

So, yeah, I know not to play around. I am on controller meds, and I thought I had another refill, but don't. AND I thought that I had more meds here at the houe until I ran out yesterday morning.....I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached.

K, gonna find something small to eat, then go to bed. Will post my updated goals tomorrow.

Night All
Old 03-06-2012, 02:36 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rubypeanut
Hi all! I'm 3 weeks postpartum, I think I've lost one pound from just trying not to OVEREAT from boredom and lonliness of partial bedrest with baby (who is awesome, by the way). It's frustrating b/c I want to get out and walk and start doing things but I'm still bleeding and when I do something small, like cook one meal or go downstairs twice I start bleeding again so I just need to chill out. BUT I keep snacking b/c bored.

So my goal is to avoid mindless snacking!
That's what killed me! I managed to gain 30 pounds after having my baby. Constant nursing, not feeling well, cold weather, boredom + exhaustion = a fun new addiction to carbs. Bleh. I'm just now cutting out the cake and cookies, and the kiddo is two.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:44 PM
FitDay Member

Ok, hi all! I'm new. Here are my goals:

1) 1,700 calories max/day
2) walk for 1 hour, lift weights for 1/2 hour every day except work days (I only work 2-3 days a week), but do it on work days too if I feel like it
3) eat more protein, get up from 17%
4) 64oz water minimum
5) don't eat the delicious 290 cal/serving, 9% fat mocha Greek yogurt hubby brought home
Old 03-06-2012, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

Discovered a cute thing about my 17 year old live-in DD today. When she's sick she just eats up getting pampered by Grandma. She was home today with a stomach virus and fever. She is usually quite self-sufficient and is not a complainer, but each time I went to check on her and ask her if she needed anything, she took me up on my offer. Her three siblings didn't know she was sick at home and when they saw me taking a TV tray with toast and tea to her room, they asked what was going on. I just acted surprised, smiled and said, "Oh, I ALWAYS treat your sister to room service whenever she wants something to eat or drink. The two youngest (almost 8 and 10) fell for it, got jealous, and started complaining that it's not fair I take hers on a tray but tell them to fix themselves a snack and they always have to eat in the kitchen except for our family holiday dinners. OMG, they're too easy! LOL

Nobe, welcome to our group! I was a carb addict, too, and with diabetes running heavy in my family I was diagnosed in 2007 with pre-diabetes. I've got my blood sugar totally down to normal now since last August through diet alone and plan to keep it there. Aw, I'm guessing your hubby just fell for the advertising that tells us yogurt is so good for us and helps us lose weight. Really nice goals! Do you love exercise that much or are you just that willing to do it to lose weight and become more fit?

Happy4286, are you with us this week? Come on, show us what you can do--and put down that soda.

April, there ya go--you've got the right attitude. Thanks for giving us more information. That possible D&C may very well be all you need to give you a fresh start--like a new, healthier lining. Hang in there. We're here for ya if you need to talk more.

Mike, yeah, I truly have been missing you. I know you've been ducking in, but also knew you were busy. I had not read the posts from Sunday but I went back and read your rant. I'd take this matter to the hotel's headquarters. There's no excuse for that. I think your entire hotel bill should be refunded. I saw a thing on TV a few years ago (I believe it was on 60 Minutes) about how bad the housekeeping is as a matter of standard. Hidden cameras showed houskeepers wiping off toilet seats and sinks and then wiping out the glasses and coffee maker with the same cleaning cloth. Since then we've taken disposable cups to use and disinfecting wipes to wipe off the toilet seats and the tub before the first use. And we clean the coffee pot ourselves before use.

Luv, I use Walker Diet Shake Mix Meal Replacement Drink. A serving has about 180 calories, 6g total fat, 1g saturated fat 7g carbs, 6g Fiber, 24g protein, 250mg Omega-3, fortified with a bunch of vitamins and minerals. I use it as a between meal snack to help me get in enough calcium and protein. As far as I know the sole supplier is vitacost.com.

Kim, congrats on your exercise today! Hey, you did a great job on everything! Welcome hump day!

Tori, glad you're feeling a little better and hope you get that refill soon!

Last edited by Mern; 03-06-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.