Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon** >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Old 03-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

1) 3000 cals deficient: -697
2) workout 3 times: off
3) walk 2 times: off
4) 4 serving of fruit/veggies: yes
5) weigh in daily (starting tuesday morning): will tomorrow.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:00 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow Check-In

Overall grade on myself today would be an "A". Outcomes were great and I stayed closer to 1600 Cal than 1700. I did poorly with meeting my mission of logging in before eating, but did at least log in immediately after eating. My mind seems so forgetful today. ___________________________~~~~~~******
FitDay Challenge *~* Reach New Heights
Check-in: MON -
Sun = Cushion Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk
Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch & grow & reach new heights.
- Pauline R. Kezer

TUES MISSION -> 3 miles

FIT * health
FOCUS (3) Mind & Heart
*Audio Bible (10 Chapt): DONE
*Hlth Group (Bk Study x7 sections): x4
*Thankfulness Journal (x6): x1

INTAKE (3) Nutrition
FOOD.'. {5 Grain/Meat/Veg/Oils} & {3 Dairy~1½ Fruit} & {1-2 Extra}
*1600-1700 Calorie -> AT/BELOW x1 {M_ }
*Water (64 oz) -> YES x1 {M_ }
*Supplements -> YES x1 {M_ }

TRAIN (4) Movement {M_ }
*Aerobic (150"): 30”
*Muscular (Circuit x3): x1
*Miles - Focused Walk (10 mi): 2 miles
*Miles - Lifestyle (25 mi):

DAY * life (5)
May need to adjust as I try out new ways of Home Management.
DAZZLE: Kitchen & Cleaning & Clothing (TOTAL GOAL: 12½ hr / 24 Lifestyle mi.)
¨ Kitchen (6 hrs wkly) = 1 hr + 20"
¨ Cleaning (3 ½ hours wkly) =
¨ Clothing x7 =
ADMINISTRATE: Seatwork (Personal) & Contacts ( 1 hr) =
YOMP: Outside work (x2) =

~~~~*****~~~~~
Note on the word "yomp":
->Yomp -> " walk with load: to walk while heavily laden or over difficult terrain (informal)
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. "

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-06-2012 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Copy goals.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Monday Report

Big mistake was not logging my food until after dinner. I made healthful on-plan carb choices--they just added up to more than I expected. I posted last night I'd be just "slightly" over in carbs due to having used extra non-dairy creamer. I usually have only one cup of coffee per day, but had two. But then later I remembered I had also had a low fat yogurt that I had forgotten to log. After that I ate 2.4 oz. strawberries. Good news is that I'm down 4.5 lbs. since my restart last Wednesday AND that I've bumped up my exercise for now from 30 minutes to 45 minutes.

Calorie limit 1600 1298
Saturated fat average 12% 7%
Cholesterol average under 300mg 186
Carbs less fiber 25g 36.4g
Fiber 25g 28g
Protein average 120g 131

Exercise 5 days YES
48 oz. water minimum YES
Old 03-06-2012, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Monday Report

Big mistake was not logging my food until after dinner. I made healthful on-plan carb choices--they just added up to more than I expected. I posted last night I'd be just "slightly" over in carbs due to having used extra non-dairy creamer. I usually have only one cup of coffee per day, but had two. But then later I remembered I had also had a low fat yogurt that I had forgotten to log. After that I ate 2.4 oz. strawberries. Good news is that I'm down 4.5 lbs. since my restart last Wednesday AND that I've bumped up my exercise for now from 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
That extra exercise could be making you a little hungrier than usual. It sucks that something as yummy and good for you as strawberries can ruin your carb goals.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

April, thanks for your encouragement! I WAS hungrier than usual yesterday--sure makes sense that increasing my exercise from 30 minutes to 45 could do that. I'll plan my menu today to be more filling food with less carbs.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Ladies...and Mike

I am back among the living. Thank you all for the well wishes. I feel much better today and hope to get on with a normal day. so let me put up some goals for the week.
Health
Calories: 1000-1300 non workout days 1300-1600 on workout days
Weights: 5 x week
Cardio: 4 hours this week
Planks: 3 x week
Treadmill: increase from 22 of jogging to 26 minutes (this is included in the 4 hours of cardio) trying to get ready for my first 5K.
Scale: I will not let the lack of movement on the scale affect my self confidence or out look.
Personal
Vacuum the car
catch up on work paperwork
pay bills/do budget

so the scale has been in the same place for a week and I am not talking about the bathroom floor. It's so frustrating. I know that at this point the scale is a poor indicator of whats happening with my body but its a habit i can't break. I am down to the last 6.5 lbs to loose to meet my goal of 17% body fat. I know the closer you get to your goal the slower it comes off. I just have to keep working out and believing it will happen.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes,
2. No Diet Coke (still hanging on for lent) M: Yes,
3. 30 Day Shred 6 days of the week M: Yes, T: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch when I can (not Monday or Weds due to appts) M: N/A,
5. Log it! M: Yes,
6. Carbs under 50% M: 41%,
7. Weekly deficit of 5000 M: 1109,
8. Weigh and post it daily M: 264.8lbs, T: 264.2lbs, Weight change this week: -.6lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Finish photo album cleanup M: No,
2. Don't get frustrated. He isn't doing it just to make me upset. M: Yes,
3. Finalize bank paperwork M: More done, waiting on one paper from township office,
4. Finish laundry (put away too!) M: One load down, one to go,

This week I need a set of weekend goals. I need to see them all week so I have a game plan in mind when the weekend gets here.
1. Clean out car
2. Good cleaning of kitchen level includes fridge and cupboards
3. Wash all curtains
4. Clean out snake tank
5. Clean fish tank
6. Whole house general cleaning
7. This might be pushing it but weather permitting, trim some forsynthia bushes!

Only missed working on the photo albums yesterday but with family therapy, dishes & laundry and just trying to get some down time there wasn't much time for that. I was tired and grumpy last night and hubby kind of got the bad end of that deal. We're all better today though. ... Added a few goals to the health section and one more to the weekend. Ugh that list will keep growing!

Saw some anger over a small frustration in my son last night. I had him finish what we were doing (setting up his new cell phone) and then let him go off on his own for a cool down period. He revealed in therapy last night that what is keeping him from going off the edge is the thought in the back of his mind that if he does something stupid he is going to end up in placement again. We have told him that our next option is residential and he REALLY doesn't want that so while I hate that it seems like we have something to hold over his head, it is helping him keep his cool. Please don't take this wrong as in - "If you don't do what you should, you're going into placement!" but what we do stress is "We want you to do what you need to do to learn how to deal with your anger so that you can stay living here with us. It is just as hard on us when you aren't here as it is on you. We love you and don't want you to go away again." - We go through that statement almost daily with him right now.

Terri ... What do you log the Shred under? I logged it as healthclub exercise general but that is what I logged my own workout under and I feel much more exercised with the Shred than I do on my own. So since it is 28 mins and my usual workout is an hour, I am only getting half of the calorie burn to show in my logs.

Tori ... Did you get your momma dropped off? I can see that it would be nice to have a few days of calm.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

Grrr..day one of this week foiled by a forgetful husband!! I was getting ready to hop on my bike and ride while I watched General Hospital(my one silly vice) when hubby tells me he left his cell in my mom's car. He then says since he's sick I needed to drive the 40 miles to her house and get it. Grrrr. Needless to say when I finally got home at 6pm and the kids were whining for dinner I never did find the time or energy to get on the bike.
Venting done!! Today is a new day.

April-I do have a rooster, but he's too mean to allow him to run with the general population so he's currently in solitary confinement till I have the time and gumption to send him off to freezer camp. Having a roo is not vital for egg production, the hens will lay regardless. However, if you want fertilized eggs that can be hatched, you'll need a roo to run with the hens.
The baked goods for work are rarely an issue. Having to cook tons of them is like getting a vaccine, it makes me immune to their charms!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by yourbadd
April-I do have a rooster, but he's too mean to allow him to run with the general population so he's currently in solitary confinement till I have the time and gumption to send him off to freezer camp. Having a roo is not vital for egg production, the hens will lay regardless. However, if you want fertilized eggs that can be hatched, you'll need a roo to run with the hens.
The baked goods for work are rarely an issue. Having to cook tons of them is like getting a vaccine, it makes me immune to their charms!!!
I knew I was right!! LOL ... I told hubby we should get a couple chickens to have healthier eggs at home and he said we'd have to have a rooster and he didn't want a rooster. I told him the rooster was only needed to make chickens, not eggs. LOL ... I don't know if I honestly have the time to devote to them or not though. Now I'll have to think about it. Hmmmmmm......

Oh and the baked goods? I'm okay once they are baked but the baking leads to spoon licking, bowl licking, beater licking ... well, you get the point.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning!

Didn't get a chance to check in last night because we had some great news on the scholarship front. One application has now gone to a national level of competition and they needed additional documentation at this level, which needed to be prepared and Fed-Exed out today. Fingers crossed... our family could use something to smile about to get our minds off of last month's events.

I feel so upbeat and happy today for the first time in a long time, largely due to some sunny, unseasonably warm weather that will be sticking around through the weekend. The plan is to take care of my stuff around here and then get out for a LONG hike in the sunshine this afternoon. I have a few favorite trails that I've really missed that are so peaceful and serene. It will be a great way for me to kind of clear my head. Even though the stress of last month is over, my body and brain are still reeling, and I need to slow it all down. Kind of like taking a deep breath of fresh air, I need to do the same mentally and just relax a bit. Does that make sense to anyone?? lol I can't seem to pull the adrenaline levels back down for some reason. I've planned an easy supper, which will give me lots of time to "play hookie".

Monday:

1. Take ALL vitamins and supplements. Yes
2. 80 oz. of water a day, or more. Yes
3. Calories ALWAYS under 1200. Close, not sure. Spent the evening making phone calls.
4. Walk, weather permitting... 3 warm days ahead! 0
5. NO bread... nothing, nada, zilch. 0
6. Minimum 3 fruits and veggies a day, preferably more. 4
7. One 1 hour nap/relaxation period each day. (Need to recharge the 'ol batteries... ) Yes
8. Quit buying jellybeans!!! 0
9. Order more Grad pics. Made appt. for Friday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.