Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon** >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Old 03-06-2012, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Mission accomplished!

Originally Posted by fit4luv
FitDay Challenge *~* Reach New Heights
Check-in: MON -
Sun = Cushion Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk
Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch & grow & reach new heights.
- Pauline R. Kezer

TUES MISSION -> 3 miles
Doing 3 miles (fast walk) at one time is a stretch for me! I'm totally amazed at you people who jog/run for 3 miles and more.

Here's hoping that each person will reach their daily goals!

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-06-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Why is it that today I really debated about what I am wearing because the shirt is much baggier than I wanted and the pants fit nice around the waist due to secret elastic even though they aren't 'elastic waist' pants but are really loose in the hips and butt area (I even asked my hubby before I left and he said it looked good but baggy) that I have had no less than 4 people tell me today how good I look and that I'm getting 'skinny'? Me? Skinny? I think you are looking at the wrong person!

Luv ... Good job getting those miles in!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

Kim, so glad you're feeling well now. Kudos on the exercise. You're doing great on your committment to exercise and body fat loss--I hope your darned scale will be nice to you soon!

April, great job on your Monday achievements on health & fitness! I'm certainly no expert, but I really do think that promise of placement again is a good tool for you to have, especially since you explained to your son that you want him to deal with his anger so he CAN stay living with you. Kids knowing the consequences of their actions seems appropriate all the time in my book. Kudos on the baggy pants. I'm so glad you got those skinny compliments. You deserve them and your pants size proves it!

Deborah, I hope your day goes better today and that you can get in your exercise. I confess I'm horrible about misplacing my cell phone, but luckily my husband has never had to drive 40 miles to retrieve it. I hope your DH will do something very sweet for you in return for the favor.

Quinn, great Monday report! I can totally relate to it taking longer for you to get your life back to a normal pace after running on adrenaline for so long during your Mom's illness and all the work of the scholarship apps and taking care of your family. Enjoy that lovely weather. It's supposed to get into the 60s here for a few days. I was going to play hookie from cooking today but DH saw my granddaughter's smoked sausage in the fridge and asked me to make him a sausage and peppers casserole for dinner tonight. I know how to make it low carb enough for me with that Dreamfields "low digestable carb" pasta that I can handle so after I took our grandkids to school I stopped and picked up sausage for us.

Luv, three miles is a stretch for me, too. I can do 2 1/2 miles if I really push myself but just can't seem to get higher than that. I aspire to 2 miles and give myself kudos for the least little overage.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Loves!

I know I've been away a few days and Clearly Am missing much. Going to take a bit to catch up ( will hopefully do that tonight). My Best friend since 6th grade and who i haven't seen since we were like 15 is in town so for once I'm actually not living at my comp.

That being said I have been doing well, only gone over cals once ( rum and cokes are killer in cals) and I'm doing great with the water, thanks Tori for the advice to start trying to get to 48oz first!

Will post more tonight after I have read and know whats going on with everyone, until then have a GREAT Tuesday Mwah <3

Last edited by Shalafi; 03-06-2012 at 04:54 AM. Reason: typeo
Old 03-06-2012, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks April and Mern!

I'm working up to the following:
#1. Walking 2 miles (3x/week) with Circuit (Muscular) - usually on Mon-Wed-Fri
#2. Walking 3 miles (2x/week) -usually on Tues & Thurs.
FOR a total of 12 miles per week. Any extra miles are bonus miles.

Basically, it's about a 45-50 minute exercise routine daily.

I want this to be something I enjoy & look forward too, and that I can do no matter where I am. Last December, when I started here, I had no energy to speak of. My goal was to just "Move It". A great goal for me at the time.If I can improve from couch to doing 150" Cardio per week, then I know that I can reach this goal. It'll take practice.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Hi Tal!

Good to see you. Great going on your Calorie goal. I've been thinking about you.

I practically started last December with drinking nil water -- only when really thirsty. I first started with the same goal as you - 48 oz daily. That was a great way for me to start out and you too. It is doable!!!

In hopes that something here helps & encourages you and/or someone else:
Water was sooooo hard for me to incorporate into my routine.

Tracking: I get tired of tracking everything. When I focus on habits it helps me to track much more easily. As of the last 2 weeks, I drink 16 oz cup/glass/bottle 4 times per day. I'm not much of a numbers person (thankfully some people are.) It's much easier for me to add up to 4 than 8. I try for 2 (16 oz) in a.m. and 2 (16 oz) early afternoon.

Mindgames: When I was using a huge jug, I realized finally that I was discouraged because I'd see all that water that I need to drink yet. Now when I drink 16 oz, I feel like I accomplished/completed something. The little things that keep me going!

All to say, that I really struggled with the water thing, but now it comes easier for me. In fact, I sometimes get more than 64 oz in. When I asked Amy (Thanks Amy!) how in the world she drinks all the water she does, she posted that she "divides and counquers." What a simple, but powerful concept.

Cheers!

ETA: I'll catch up later & more specifically later.

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-06-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

I just received preliminary results of yesterday's ultrasound. It shows that my endometrial lining is 1.0 cm thick. Normal lining is only .5-.6cm thick. So it's about double. It really shouldn't be especially right now since TOTM was just last week so it should be cleaned out from that. Since I already have the hystero-sonogram scheduled for next Wednesday we are going to go ahead with that. After we get the results of that one, we will probably follow up with a biopsy and a possible D&C. Not gonna panic yet. I'm just resisting the urge to google further because the first two links I looked at screamed cancer and I'm not hearing that right now.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/0/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

3/0/12???

I meant to ask you the other day about this. Do you want me to correct it or no?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Kim ~ Glad to see you feeling better and able to focus on your goals again. Keep believing! I too am going for some tests - actually tomorrow.

Mern ~ I'd be right on with you in avoiding icy roads if at all possible. I must say though, I'm total wimp! My dh on the other hand likes challenges! Oh man, I tried yesterday to log before eating but then I felt sick after exercising. I had to eat fast. Then other things happened & I kept forgetting. The great thing is that I kept within my Caloric goals -- even on the low side. I think if by noon I'm all caught up with logging, that will help prevent me to overdo it. I'm finding out that I'm at my weakest in the evening.
Btw, what DVDs do you use? I've been using Leslie Sansone.

Tori ~ So sorry for your migraine. I imagine you have your special ways to cope with them (migraines)? How did your trip go yesterday?

April ~ It's too easy to scare ourselves. When I've looked things up, I found that just a sneeze could be sign of cancer. How often do we sneeze?! Craziness! Keep thinking positive!

I like your approach with your son. A great balance. I think it's a positive sign that your son thinks of natural consequences in that if "A" happens then "B" will happen. Isn't that what happens to us? (If I eat this, then _______ will happen. Be it good or bad.). You're teaching your son that consequences can be good too. What loving parents you are.

Oh ho!!! Baggy pants & being called skinny -->

Quinn ~ Sounds like you're in great hiking country. I miss that. That sunshine sure helps the spirits, doesn't it?!

Deborah ~ Hope it's going good for you today!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/0/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

3/0/12???

I meant to ask you the other day about this. Do you want me to correct it or no?
Hmm, I haven't even noticed. The stupid 5 on the number pad keeps sticking.

Correct away

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.