Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Old 03-10-2012, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Friday Report: I was really hungry last night and ate a bunch of skinless chicken for a snack even though I knew had already reached my cholesterol intake limit. But I rarely exceed my limit and it's usually well under, so I'm OK with it. I did it to keep myself from eating cookies and snack cakes again as I'm more concerned with my blood sugar numbers than cholesterol numbers.

Calorie limit 1600 1298, 1399, 1503, 1530, 1575
Saturated fat average 12% or less 7%, 14%, 17%. 11%, 8% so AVERAGE IS NOW A GREEN 11.4%
Cholesterol average under 300mg 186mg, 76mg, 173mg, 287mg, 401mg BUT AVERAGE IS STILL A VERY GREEN 224.6mg
Carbs less fiber 25g 36.4g, 84.3g , 24g even, 17.5g, 25.3g so close enough to call green
Fiber 25g 28g, 24g, 43g thanks to black soy beans, 30g, 30g
Protein average 120g 131g, 76g, calling it green at 119.4g, 139g, 157g

Water 48 oz. YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES, scheduled day off, YES
Old 03-10-2012, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Kim, wow, that was a great summary after all the activity on this thread yesterday! Great job on your goals yesterday! I hope your muscles aren't as sore today. Big gentle hug to ya! OMG, I love the smiley tree swing. I slept in after being up late last night, but DH woke me from a sound sleep to ask me what we need from the dollar store. UGH!

Mike, give yourself credit for having a calorie surplus only one day this week and exercising to the best of your ability considering your back. Eat more veggies, though.

Luv, kudos for eating only what you had pre-logged for your snack! I love that piggie! LOL I wish I was better at on regular basis logging everything I can BEFORE eating.

Tori, well congrats on hitting your calories yesterday. I bring all my stuff in the house all the time, but I'm very lax about vacuuming my car and with transporting four grandkids it really gets dirty. My daughter's van looks like she and all her kids live in it. I hope you had some good quality sleep, although it was short. Enjoy your weekend.

April! Incredibly good job on your food, fitness, and life goals this week! Best wishes on your weekend goals. I have none except take live-in GD out to lunch today--and I promise myself to eat on-plan.

Last edited by Mern; 03-10-2012 at 03:36 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Saturday - Just a DO it day for me.

Kim ~ How Nice! Not on-call/working this weekend and no other obligations. You need that. I hope you enjoy your weekend immensely. I like the swinging smiley. Wiggle your toes & have fun.

Mern ~ Look at your goals -> You're doing awesome. And for staying away from the not-so-good stuff. Wohooooooo!

April ~ I read thru your goals as well. You have lots of pretty pink. Congrats on meeting those many goals!

Tori, I really hope that you catch a lot of rest time this weekend (even with your busy SAT) & so are refreshed come MON morning. You had a lot going on this past week.
-------_________-------
This a.m. I saw on the scale 206.8 lb! It may go up a pound. That happens a lot to me. That's Ok, as long as I'm generally on my way down.
I'm also feeling a bit more energetic.

Thinking of you all ~ May we all Stay Strong & Safe!!! . . . .and Saintly?!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Pam, glad you got some good chuckles last night. I started laughing aloud when I read YOUR post this morning. Tori is young, but she may have more notches in her belt than you and I do. Remember she's already confessed to dating half the army, navy, air force, marines, coast guard, merchant marines, secret service, maybe a couple congressmen...
omgoodness, Mern, you crack me UP!! I just saw this as I was reading back through trying to see what I missed. I never said "half"....just that I think I had all the branches covered LOL!! And who told you about the congressmen??? I thought I had kept that covered up better
Old 03-10-2012, 08:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Friday

Health/Fitness
1--calories --M-Th: 1100 no more than 1400, F-Su: at least 1100 no more than 1700--1308, 1425, 1368, 2388, 1612
2--64 oz water or more daily--NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
3--stick to new work out schedule--M:Zumba Tu:Cardio Burn W:yoga Th:Zumba F:Cardio Burn Sa:yoga Su:day off--Yell at me, call me names, provoke me, whatever it takes!--N, N, N, N, N
4--walk: Tu, W, Fr, Su--at least 8 miles each--again, PUSH ME--M: N/A Tu: NO W: NO Th: N/A Fr: NO
5--Weigh and Post daily--M: 199.4 Tu: 199.6 W: 196.8 Th: 198.0 Fr: 198.8

Life/Home
1--wash, fold, and put away all vacation laundry (still not done)--N, N, one load done, at least 2 more to go, , N
2--clean out car (still needs to be done)--N, N, N, N, half way
3--don't stress about it, but at least think about it (seriously don't stress about it)--YES, NO, YES, YES, YES
4--go to work, do the work, go home. don't take it with me--YES, YES, off today, I left it there.....4 hours early, YES

UGH look at all that red....and gonna add more tonight. Speaking of, I gotta get up and start getting ready. Have to go help get everything ready....CIAO@
Old 03-10-2012, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

Luv, thanks so much for your encouragement. It took me a little more than half an hour today pre-logging my food and juggling my foods and portion sizes to get it to fit my eating plan--sort of like trying to put a square peg into a round hole. Problem was getting my sat fat % down to 12% with the foods I wanted to eat but I finally managed with one calorie to spare. Congrats on the 206.8! I'm thrilled for you! I was thrilled this morning to find I was able to hang onto my 216.5, after having been at 221.5 on Feb. 29. I am TRYING to be saintly today but am not doing a good job of it.

Tori, thanks for yet another chuckle. Oh, it was MORE than half? You're belt is gonna fall off if you cut TOO many notches in it. I think it was one of the secret service guys that told me about the congressmen. Oh well, now that comment wasn't very "saintly", was it? LOL You're still down on the scale from the beginning of the week. Must be from all those finger typing exercises on FitDay. LOL Seriously, you're doing SOMETHING right.

Last edited by Mern; 03-14-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
omgoodness, Mern, you crack me UP!! I just saw this as I was reading back through trying to see what I missed. I never said "half"....just that I think I had all the branches covered LOL!! And who told you about the congressmen??? I thought I had kept that covered up better
HA!HA!HA! Tori, you busy, busy girl you.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

Mern ~ Awesome going on your weight loss!!!! Don't you love it when finally you go downward on the scale?

'Fess up time for me.

Actually, you're doing so much better with your food combination than I am. I was eating real clean (for me) in December & January & 1st part of February. So now . . . . I'm so struggling.
I do some things right though. I consistently eat at least 2-3 servings non-starchy veggies daily & do well with my water & supplements & exercise.

IF I keep it at my Caloric level, that at least helps. This next week I need clean it up -AGAIN!

That's real tough to be misunderstood like you are at church. Relationships are messy - something you already know. Stay strong with what you know in your heart.

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-10-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Romoved "advice".
Old 03-10-2012, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow Final Week's Check-In

Went over Caloric goal by about 50. Not too bad considering that I feel so munchy these days.
___FitDay Challenge *~* Reach New Heights
Check-in: MON - TUES - WED - THURS - FRI -SAT
Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch & grow & reach new heights. - Pauline R. Kezer
______-------_______
FIT * health
FOCUS (3) Mind & Heart
*Audio Bible (10 Chapt): DONE
*Hlth Group (Bk Study x7): DONE
*Thankfulness Journal (x6): DONE

INTAKE (3) Nutrition
FOOD.'. {5 Grain/Meat/Veg/Oils} & {3 Dairy~1½ Fruit} & {1-2 Extra}
*1600-1700 Calorie *~* AT/BELOW x4 . {M_T_W_F_ } ::: ABOVE x2 {R_S}
*Water (64 oz) *~* YES x6 . . . {M_T_W_R_F_S}
*Supplements *~* YES x6 . . . {M_T_W_R_F_S}

TRAIN (4) Movement . . . {M_T_W_R_F_}
*Aerobic (150") = DONE plus 20"
*Muscular (Circuit x3) = DONE
*Miles -Focused Feet (10 mi) = DONE plus 3 mile

*Miles -Lifestyle (25 mi) = 6 hrs DAY goals? + other activity = 10 hrs/20 miles approx.

DAY * life (3) LOST TRACK today. Decided to simplify.
DAZZLE: Kitchen/Cleaning/Clothing (AIM: 12½ hr = 24 Lifestyle mi.) 6 hrs plus
ADMINISTRATE: Deskwork/Contacts ( 1 hr) = 10" plus
YOMP: . . . Outside work (x2) = 0

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-10-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Simplify DAY goals.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:45 PM
FitDay Member

Had a couple of crappy days of eating (well, good days, crappy dinners - there was the bacon cheeseburger incident, and then last night I got home late from work and there was a pot of mac 'n cheese and hot dogs staring at me, so I ended up just standing at the stove stuffing my face straight out of the pot), and today I ate really well but went to a kind of min family reunion at the Swiss Chalet (they have mostly roast chicken and ribs). I told myself that since tomorrow I have nothing to do and nowhere to be, I'd just give in and get whatever I wanted and start fresh in the morning. Plus I had to get something I could share with the kiddo, because I knew he'd be too distracted to eat much and didn't want to get him his own meal.

So. I got the chicken breast (skin on) and fries. I thought it would be really bad when I entered it all in, but I ended up at only about 200 calories over my daily goal (1,700), and had the closest to perfect ratio (40/30/30) that I've ever had. I was shocked. Under 1,700 would have of course been better, but I knew I was going to go over and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

The funny thing though - I looked at the healthy options on the menu and it was almost like they were actively trying to discourage people from getting them. The quarter chicken dinner (which I got) is white or dark meat, a dinner roll, and any side you want (including steamed veg and salad). The healthy version was described as "white meat, NO skin; NO dinner roll; garden salad, NO dressing." In reality that's the type of meal I'd have at home (and my salads aren't just iceberg lettuce with some scraps of cucumber on top), but they went out of their way to say all the things you'd be missing out on if you got the healthy version. I just thought it was weird.

Anyway, I'm going to try to start accounting for my goals on here when this week is over. I'm still feeling my way around the forums, and this is the worst I've eaten since January, so I'm going to start kicking myself in the butt when it's a new week, rather than just cringing at the numbers on my log.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.