Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Old 03-09-2012, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I'm not flirting with you, but honestly, I find bald very sexy. (My husband was almost bald on top when I met him--I was 23 and he was going on 30.) And you're not fat! I'm 5 feet tall-- you don't look short to me. So "cutie pie" sticks.

Pam, glad you got some good chuckles last night. I started laughing aloud when I read YOUR post this morning. Tori is young, but she may have more notches in her belt than you and I do. Remember she's already confessed to dating half the army, navy, air force, marines, coast guard, merchant marines, secret service, maybe a couple congressmen...

Thursday report:

I had my cookies and cake cheat on Tuesday, so I hope my report today will be encouraging to those of you who got off track yesterday.

Calorie limit 1600 1298, 1399, 1503, 1530
Saturated fat average 12% or less 7%, 14%, 17%. 11%
Cholesterol average under 300mg 186mg, 76mg, 173mg, 287mg
Carbs less fiber 25g 36.4g, 84.3g , 24g even, 17.5g
Fiber 25g 28g, 24g, 43g thanks to black soy beans, 30g.
Protein average 120g 131g, 76g, calling it green at 119.4g, 139g

Water 48 oz. YES, YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES, scheduled day off
Old 03-09-2012, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Hey all havent had time to catch up on the postings. By the time I get home from the gym and make dinner I'm ready for bed. I'll try to catch up tonight.

Happy Friday !!

Oh and I have decided since the scale won't move the only therapeutic thing to do is go shopping tomorrow and prove to myself I'm getting smaller if not lighter, lol
Old 03-09-2012, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: 80oz, Th: Yes,
2. No Diet Coke (still hanging on for lent) M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
3. 30 Day Shred 6 days of the week M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch when I can (not Monday or Weds due to appts) M: N/A, T: No, it was cold and windy and I was a wuss!, W: N/A, Th: Raining,
5. Log it! M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
6. Carbs under 50% M: 41%, T: 44%, W: 47%, W: 54%,
7. Weekly deficit of 5000 M: -1109, T: -339, W: -1843, Th: -491, , Deficit this week: -3782
8. Weigh and post it daily M: 264.8lbs, T: 264.2lbs, W: 264.8lbs, Th: 264.4lbs, F: 264.4lbs, Weight change this week: -.4lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Finish photo album cleanup M: No, T: No, W: No, Th: No,
2. Don't get frustrated. He isn't doing it just to make me upset. M: Yes, T: Yes, W: on the verge of being very upset with him, W: Yes,
3. Finalize bank paperwork M: More done, waiting on one paper from township office, T: Waiting on township paper, W: Submitted township paper, Th: think I have done all I can do, waiting on the bank nowDONE!
4. Finish laundry (put away too!) M: One load down, one to go, T: No, W: Washed a load, Th: Dried them,

This week I need a set of weekend goals. I need to see them all week so I have a game plan in mind when the weekend gets here.
1. Clean out car
2. Good cleaning of kitchen level includes fridge and cupboards
3. Wash all curtains
4. Clean out snake tank
5. Clean fish tank
6. Whole house general cleaning
7. This might be pushing it but weather permitting, trim some forsynthia bushes! W: Beautiful weather drew me outside until after dark!
8. Sunday - Watch level 2 of 30 Day Shred so I know what I am in for Monday
9. Do full body measurements

You guys crack me up!

Mike ... I wouldn't say you are an old, fat, bald guy. I don't picture you like this when you get your bike...

Tori ... Wow! i have never had a migraine and from the sounds of it, I hope I never do. I hope that you are feeling better today. Take care of yourself hunny!

Mern ... You never cease to surprise me! I always think of this sweet grandma type lady and then POP out comes a statement that makes me actually LOL at my computer screen! I LOVE it!!!

Amy ... You have to be loving Mern right about now! I hope you are having a wonderful vacay and we miss you!

Pam ... ROFL ...
Oh beignets!!! One of the few sweets I would knock a little old lady over for!
Last night was a train wreck! For those of you who missed it, I had Breyers full fat ice cream followed by 8 oreos and 6 whonu chocolate chip cookies and 8 oz of 1% milk. Between the cookies & ice cream they added up to just about the same amount of calories as I ate the rest of the day. Oh well, I had a feeling it was coming. All day I kept wanting something and drinking water instead or doing busy work to distract myself. At least my scale didn't reflect it this morning. It was exactly the same as yesterday. I have been busting my ass all week with Jillian at 5am so damn it I deserve for the scale to not reflect those cookies! Okay, maybe not but I am happy that it didn't.

Walking into work this morning wearing a pair of size 20 'stretch' jeans that used to be skin tight. Today they have baggy places in my inner thighs and just below my butt and I keep having to pull them up. One of the ladies in the other office stopped me and said I have lost a lot more weight lately. I had to be honest and tell her that I haven't lost any weight but I have started a different workout DVD and she wanted the name of it. They are the ladies who do WW but never seem to lose weight. It felt good to get a nice compliment. I do wish that the scale would move though.

I added two more goals to the weekend....watch level 2 of shred on sunday since I won't be working out that day and do full body measurements sometime this weekend. Up until now I have only done hips & waist. I really wish I would have done the rest when I started but I can only do what I can do now, I can't change the past.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

Amy, How was it last night? Did you get your lucky dog?

Mern, I know you weren't flirting. My brother picks on me brcause I'm bald, I tell him if his head and face weren't so ungly he wouldn't be trying to cover it.

April, Thanks. I couldn't picture my bike looking like that either.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Tori, at least I didn't come empty handed. Do over? That would require another trip!

Mern, I've actually packed on some weight. I was able to find a work polo that I didn't look like Baby Huey in. I can have 2 women here heckling me. Cutie pie? Don't make me blush. I'm just your average short, fat, bald guy.
Mike, you're waaaaaay too modest. I'm new around here - so hopefully I'm not speaking out of turn.

Get ready for some "mushiness":
With how you post around here, how you look on your pics, and with Amy's reports -> I think you're the poster boy for a great, wonderful, hospitable, fit, southern man. You're way above average. And not only that, you're an excellent provider & protector and father.
Our Teddy Bear in residence -

ETA: I just noticed the "scars" on the teddy bear. Maybe those are scars that you recieved around here?
Old 03-09-2012, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator

Luv, Thanks! I haven't recieved many scars here, I try to keep the hammer far from my shins when I swing it. Maybe Amy, was being nice... after all Tori was quick to agree with me about being Baby Huey. Just kidding. I can say that I'm way fatter than I was in my upper 160's, still a little fatter than I was in my 178 pic, on the bright side I'm way leaner than I was at 210+

I can say that Amy looks like a totally different person from her before pic. It's cool to see someone that can accomplished so much.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:17 AM
Super Moderator

I didn't log anything, lunch was heavy (skrimp poboy and some of dem dare french fries). Everything else was pretty light. I'll assume that I was even on calories, even though I'm up a pound.

1) 3000 cals deficient: -697, +829, -659, 0? (-527 so far)
2) workout 3 times: no, no, yes, no
3) walk 2 times: no, no, yes (just over 5 miles), no
4) 4 serving of fruit/veggies: yes, yes, yes, no
5) weigh in daily (starting Tuesday morning): will tomorrow,T= 184.6,w= 183.2, Th=181.4, F=182.4 (-2.2 so far)

Tori... did you see that my scale is going back up??
Old 03-09-2012, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

I haven't logged on since yesterday afternoon, and I am now craving Cajun food big time! Crawfish etoufee is at the top of the list - though getting ahold of crawfish in California is not all that easy... and really $$$

I lived in Louisiana - Fort Polk - for 5 years (98-02), and haunted the little crawfish shacks that would open in the spring. I had a friend who's parents lived in Slidell and we would spend some weekends in NO walking all over the city, and loving the food. Fun stuff! So Sunday menu (my free day) now consists of etoufee (probably shrimp, very yummy as well!).

Goals for Friday (day off work!):

1 - Spend quality time with my 3 yr old son.
2 - Drink water, water, and more water
3 - Be honest and do better recording in my food log... I think I have being bad as the scale is not budging at all...
4 - Declutter something... a drawer at least, or the fridge needs a clean out.
5 - Spend time outside!

Happy Friday everyone! Ama
Old 03-09-2012, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

OK quick one. Beignets and coffee at Cafe Du Monde yum a favorite!! Great pic of Mike, Amy and her DH.
April I have been thinking of you and will try to be in touch. Sending lots of good healing Mom energy your way.

I seem to have lost my last post so the roundup for Wed Thurs.
1) Water: 5 W, 7 Th
2) Stretch: both days
3) Low carb: Yes W, eh Th ( had some frozen vegan pizza)
4) Low sugar: Yes W, Th had some in the pizza and in a tamarind sauce DH made for the coconut shrimp and scallops he made, too good and definitely not diet food!
5) walked both days
6) tried to be more positive tho fear grips me
Even did meditation and writing on W but was too busy running back to the store for more clothing Th. It seems I can go for almost years without shopping but once I start...
Old 03-09-2012, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

Ama, I'm sorry if we've tempted you into some good food.

Okay, I see a trend here. Tori wants to come back down to NOLA, Ama is missing the food here, Quinn wishes she were here, Hope will be here before long, I'm sure that Amy can make it back as well. Maybe we should have a meet and greet here? Everyone ditches their diet, unwinds and enjoys the city?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.