Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Is anyone else tired of not feeling sexy? >

Is anyone else tired of not feeling sexy?

Community
Notices

Is anyone else tired of not feeling sexy?

Old 02-23-2010, 11:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! Well I made it past my nemisis...at 177 but I won't really be happy until 180 is far behind me. Curves is going really well...I like going there especially when it is just me...I can crank the tunes and it really gets me in the mood. I heard that it takes 14 days to really change a behavior and I seem to be there with exercise (thank heavens)! Still on the alli and the phase 2 carb control...I am thinking about taking a month off from them b/c alli says it works best the first month you take it and so I am thinking I might go month on and month off to see if it optimizes the results. I have made healthy eating a part of my life now, and I only sort of miss BK breakfast biscuits ...my new fav is 2 multigrain wasa crackers with PB...I am totally hooked on it for breakfast. Here's to a sexy week Christine
Old 02-24-2010, 05:18 PM
FitDay Member

First of all, let me confess that I have not read this thread in it's entirety {It's a LONG thread! }, so please forgive me for that.

I just wanted to say that I was kinda thinking about this the other day, before I even came here actually, weird, eh?

I was thinking of how I have quite a low self-esteem, as I have always had, then something occurred to me. I wear nice clothes whenever I go out of the house. I never leave the house without my make-up on. My hair is always styled... And I thought that I must have esteem toward myself or I would not take such care in my appearance. If I truly felt, deep down in the core of my being, as ugly as I think I do, then I would not make such an effort! I must, on some level, acknowledge my value, and not only that but my appearance as well.

This is not coming out as I had wanted it to. It is hard to verbalize a feeling - especially one you have never experienced before. Does anyone understand what I am trying to say? What do you think??
Old 02-24-2010, 06:30 PM
FitDay Member

This is my first time signing on to anything like this. My weight is definitely affecting how I feel, and not in a good way. I used to be very fit and very athletic. I've always eaten a lot, but because I'm so sedentary these days, I've been packing on the weight very steadily the last few years. I guess age has a big role in this too. I'm 37 yrs old. Anyway, lately I've been feeling like I'm wearing a fat suit, like when Tyra Banks wore one and went out into the streets to see how they treat her. That's how I feel. I feel like I'm not in my body.

The hard part for me is the motivation. I always feel tired and drained. Therefore, after work and after dinner, the last thing I feel is wanting to go to the gym.

How does one stay motivated to keep going to the gym, especially when you find it so boring and so out of the way??? Am I just making too many excuses??? Ugh!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:12 AM
FitDay Member

I do much better if I can get it done the very first thing in the morning. It took two months of forcing myself to work out, even when I don't want to, before I started to feel any less tired. The first two weeks were the worst. I'm just now starting to feel like I'm getting some strength back. I started working out in November. I live in Michigan, and we got a ton of snow Monday. My husband was snow-blowing the driveway, but the snowblower stalled out, and he hurt his shoulder trying to re-start it. I was able to finish off the last 25% of the driveway by hand, carpal tunnel, tennis and golfer's elbow, and bad hips and knees and all. I shoveled snow! And didn't feel like crap when it was done! For the first time in 5 years, I actually feel strong! I feel proud of myself for the first time in a long time. Hubby is doing well too, thankfully the injury wasn't too serious. Rest and ibuprofen, and he'll be fine in a few days.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:10 AM
FitDay Member

Jesscabfit first of all don't be too hard on yourself....making change is hard. The hardest part is getting started. Once you see how much more energy you have you'll want to continue and by increasing your activity and energy levels you'll start to see differances in how you look and feel. It is a total package with great benefits! Sexiness is a state of mind...you have it you just need to access it. So give it a try...You'll be great !
Old 02-26-2010, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

Sveva
I think it's great you take time to care about your appearance and yes that does mean you know how you like to look. Your self esteem may still need some work and if exercising would help... than why not try? All of us have doubts about ourselves at times... but remember we're all beautiful in our own unique way and enjoy what makes you feel beautiful whether it is makeup, clothes or the latest hair style.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:24 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzycritter
I bet your husband was impressed by all your help! You must live in lower Michigan...my sis is from there and they got 8 inches. I'm from the UP and we've been lucky lately....but we already have 3-4 feet (UGH)!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:45 AM
FitDay Member

For me exercise was the hardest thing to do as well. I could make every excuse in the book...and my husband has an exercise machine in the living room that he uses everyday. I think you have to think of exercising as a reward for yourself...your little way of taking care of yourself and taking control back for yourself...after all you only get out of it what you put into it and if you think you're worth it then you will put in enough. The hard part is finding something that works for you. I joined Curves b/c for me it is "mindless" the machines are easy to use, there is a recording that tells you when to move and so I can go and veg and think about me for a while...I could never go to a gym b/c I was always so self-concious of my appearance, moving machines to fit me, and not really knowing what to do or how to do it. Other people love the gym, love the exercise stuff for the wii, love work out videos, etc. The options are limitless...so take the time to treat yourself and pretty soon your body will start treating you. Christine
Old 03-02-2010, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy

Day number one of my diet, food program or whatever you prefer. Not feeling very sexy today. I was 250lbs when I met my husband. Then had our daughter and gained another 50. We have not been intimate in a log time and it's because of my weight. He told me it's not sexy to watch someone eat themselves to death. Determined to get the weight off but I don't know how to deal with the anger I am feeling it's so hurtfull to be pushed away. I love my husband but wanting revenge by losing the weight and then telling him no. I know this is wrong but that's what I am feeling.
Janie
Old 03-02-2010, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jam461962
Day number one of my diet, food program or whatever you prefer. Not feeling very sexy today. I was 250lbs when I met my husband. Then had our daughter and gained another 50. We have not been intimate in a log time and it's because of my weight. He told me it's not sexy to watch someone eat themselves to death. Determined to get the weight off but I don't know how to deal with the anger I am feeling it's so hurtfull to be pushed away. I love my husband but wanting revenge by losing the weight and then telling him no. I know this is wrong but that's what I am feeling.
Janie
sweetie here's a BIG ((HUG)) for you. I could have written what you just did back in 2008. It's hard. My ex was very much the same way, with one difference. In the end he didn't love me. That & he was emotionally, verbally abusive. I was killing myself by eating BUT to prove to him that i was in control. i had to be in control over something so i was going to be in control of my weight. plus i used food to stuff down my feelings of self-worth. then i got tired of feeling crappy & lost the weight. you know what he still pushed me away even after i lost 183 lbs. now don't panic i'm not saying your husband will do the same. i'm sure he's scared seeing someone he loves hurting themselves & he's just not sure how to put it into words. honey he's scared of losing you. BUT please make sure you are losing the weight for yourself. he'll get the benefits hint hint. as you feel more in control i would share with him how that hurt you. good luck you are on the right path.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.