Notices

Is anyone else tired of not feeling sexy?

Old 02-08-2010, 12:09 PM
FitDay Member

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]Hi Chris,
The Alli is going great! I haven't had any problems! I've been doing the fat burning furnance and between the exercise, diet and Alli the weight is slowly coming off! My mom tried the full bars too...she didn't like the apple either. Can you buy those at Walmart and can you just buy chocolate or do you have to buy a variety pack? I was noticing that a lot of my exercises on the fat burning furnance are similar to the exercises at Curve's so it is obviously a good exercise program
Old 02-11-2010, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

Yes I get the fullbars at Walmart...near pharmacy...where they keep the slimfast stuff...and yes you can get a box of just chocolate Glad to hear the alli is going well...still going well for me too...I like the fact that I am actually pretty steadily losing weight...doesn't have to come off fast...just has to come off! Keep up the good work everybody! Christine
Old 02-17-2010, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Christine,
Went to Appleton Wi over the weekend had delicous Italian and my first definite response to Alli......not as bad as Xenical Thank God but the next day OMG I was in the BR hourly. ha-ha!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

I am now at my nemisis weight 180lbs...the weight I always end up at whether it be that I diet and lose to this weight or diet beyond and then always end up back at this weight. This week is going to be a very important one b/c I need to break past this weight and work my way down to my second nemisis 160lbs. Here's to a good week
Old 02-18-2010, 09:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default Diet Tips

Originally Posted by msmarilyn3
Good Morning ! Just getting home from work. Yes I work nights 7p- 7a which sometimes makes dieting all that much more fun. For example I had a totally stressfull shift so what do I do ? I come home and eat Don't worry I didn't completely sabotage my diet I finished off my omelet from last night's dinner. Today I'm joing the gym. After all exercising is totally sexy right? Of course it is! Do any of you work nights...any diet tips that work well for you? Lately I've been packing small snacks about 100 calories each? Do any of you eat out of frustration? Leaves me feeling pretty bad about myself when I do it... Well I'm just gonna remind myself that I didn't fail I just made a mistake and I will start over when I wake up this afternoon. I hope you all have a great day! Remember if we stick together and support each other we can do this!
I also work midnight shift and have been doing so for the better part of eighteen years. I think the key to eating well, whether your work nights or not, is to bring your own food. It takes extra time, extra work, and a large lunchbox, but it is well worth the effort. I spend about 30 minutes assembling my lunch before I go to work. I pan fry or broil a couple of tilapia filets, make a salad, weigh out some imitation crabmeat, put a chicken breast on the George Foreman, and then put it all in food storage containers and pack a large cooler. I'm a firm believer that, with very few exceptions, there is no such thing as a healthy restaurant meal or healthy packaged food. Some are certainly better than others, but anything pales in comparison to making sound eating decisions in your own kitchen and bringing your food to work. Also, remember to eat at least six times per day. Small, sensible meals spaced a couple hours apart will keep hunger at bay and will keep your metabolism fired up. Pick foods that give you the most bang for your buck. 4 ounces of tilapia is only 90 calories. Imitation crabmeat is about the same and most varieties are fat free.

Sexy is a state of mind--but a nice body helps, too.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hi!
I am new to fitday and just posted a new thread called "New to FITDAY"...Gives a background history on me and once read you will see why I am replying to this thread!!!

OMGosh!!! Sexy has eluded me for about 2 years now and "I want my SEXY BACK"!!!! lol

My boyfriend dropped a bombshell on me 2 weeks ago...he has been having "intimacy issues" lately and one night he said that it was not all his fault as my body has changed drastically over the past 2 years...
Yes, I have gained 40+ lbs for good reason (all explained in my post as mentioned above) but never did I think he no longer found me sexy! Ok, I will admit that for the past 6-9 months I have been complaining to him constantly about my weight!!! I even told him I dont feel sexy anymore!! Wow, what a blonde moment that was! If I dont like my body, how the heck to I expect him to!!!

So, I throw this out to you all, HOW DO WE GET OUR SELF ESTEEM BACK while on our journey to SEXY!!!! The sexy body will follow as the weight drops, this I know but in the meantime, I want to have the self esteem and confidence to go forward on this journey...I also want to do this FOR ME< not HIM! I have some serious health issues and I NED to drop the 40lbs for that alone...

Thank you all for any insight!!!

alittlebitsassy
aka Diane

"I am STRONG because I am weak, I am BEAUTIFUL because I know my flaws, I am a LOVER because I am a fighter, I am FEARLESS because I've been afraid, I am WISE because I've been foolish, and I LAUGH because I've known sadness"
Old 02-19-2010, 03:31 PM
FitDay Member

I am tired of not feeling sexy. I am blessed to have a husband no matter how many lumps, rolls, or bumps I have...but I'm not okay with those extra shapes on me. I have been over weight most of my life and have struggled to keep it down as much as possible. There were plenty of times that I have felt sexy, but recently I have felt so down on myself that I barely have the energy to get on the treadmill (and I have one in my living room!!). I come home from work completely exhausted and genuinely have nothing more to give for the day. I need some support to get back to the old me. The me that was happy being just curvier than some size 1 wearer. What can I do for myself to get that motivation back?!
Old 02-20-2010, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=sgt309;3767]I also work midnight shift and have been doing so for the better part of eighteen years. QUOTE]

Sgt with the screen name, I have to ask what you do for a living. My husband is a police officer also on midnights. He needs to lose some weight too, and I know he doesn't eat well at work. So I was wondering if you knew of some healthy premade meals that may work for someone in a patrol car?

Littlebit-I have a few corsets that I wear when I'm feeling not so confident in the romance department. Hard not to feel sexy in one of those, it cinches in the worst jiggly bits, and it doesn't get in the way of...well, you know
Old 02-20-2010, 11:23 AM
FitDay Member

First post for me here on Fitday and I hope I am doing it right. I just started my journey back to "me" in January and I soooo miss feeling sexy. I miss feeling physically strong. I miss turning heads. I miss my "girly" feeling. I am a leader and have had no problems overcoming my heavimess and looks in most areas except for this. I had always thought it was vain and blew it off and concentrated on all of my postives but man, did this post hit me hard.

I would like to be the princess instead of the Queen sometimes. To be looked at not for just what I do but for some, at least some sexiness. My goodness, it sounds so sexist!

I even tried nail polish this week and did my hiar differently but nothing is going to feel as good as when I am fit again, strong again, look more delicate in pretty clothes but I too would like to feel some of it soon before my goal.

I want my sexy back too!
Old 02-22-2010, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sgt309
I also work midnight shift and have been doing so for the better part of eighteen years. I think the key to eating well, whether your work nights or not, is to bring your own food. It takes extra time, extra work, and a large lunchbox, but it is well worth the effort. I spend about 30 minutes assembling my lunch before I go to work. I pan fry or broil a couple of tilapia filets, make a salad, weigh out some imitation crabmeat, put a chicken breast on the George Foreman, and then put it all in food storage containers and pack a large cooler. I'm a firm believer that, with very few exceptions, there is no such thing as a healthy restaurant meal or healthy packaged food. Some are certainly better than others, but anything pales in comparison to making sound eating decisions in your own kitchen and bringing your food to work. Also, remember to eat at least six times per day. Small, sensible meals spaced a couple hours apart will keep hunger at bay and will keep your metabolism fired up. Pick foods that give you the most bang for your buck. 4 ounces of tilapia is only 90 calories. Imitation crabmeat is about the same and most varieties are fat free.

Sexy is a state of mind--but a nice body helps, too.
Hey Thanks for the tips! I'm starting on my 14th year! Luckily where I work has great salads It's the cookies they bake that I need to avoid ha-ha!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.