Notices

Is anyone else tired of not feeling sexy?

Old 01-05-2010, 05:42 PM
FitDay Member

Default Is anyone else tired of not feeling sexy?

OK, first of all feeling sexy is differant things to differant people, just so we understand I'm not trying to be vulgar. My sexiness comes from confidence in knowing I feel attractive whether it be in the clothes I wear, my hairstyle, my fitness level or intelligence. When I feel attractive or at my best it shows in so many ways...I mean have you ever felt so good that you felt like you glowed? I remember feeling like that on my Wedding day ...all dressed up like a princess! I felt like I could do anything and I wanted nothing less for anyone else. I felt at my ultimate peak...that is where I want to be or as close to that as possible since that was 13yrs ago I've been blessed in some many ways that I've overlooked the one thing that is stopping me from giving back the best of myself to others: ...75# of disgusting fat So I'm gonna work at getting my sexy back...anyone of you feel the same?
Old 01-06-2010, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

I feel the same way. FOr me it hasn't been years, its just been kids. I gained 60 lbs with my first and only lost 30 after, then gained 10 more. Now with my second I gained 40 lbs, losing only 20 after, which puts me at 162 lbs. It might not be alot for some, but my body type doesn't support that weight and isn't built for it. I lost my curves and my sexy too. The worst part is the extra weight makes me feel less sexy which in turn lowers my confidence, which in turn makes me even less sexy. My goal is to raise my self-esteem while I lower the weight. I just wish I could have the confidence back that I did, I think this is the larger turn off for my husband and myself than the weight is.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default Me too!

I am right there with both of you!! And I think you stated it very well.
I also miss feeling sexy and confident. I lost that along the way somewhere. I think it has come from alot of things, being overweight, becoming a mom, being married for 7 years and thus not flirting with or dating other guys.

I know it affects how I feel. I still feel attractive when I get dressed up for work and look professional. But I used to be so confident! I work alot with Dr's and other professionals. And it was fun to flirt and noticed them looking, etc. Now, I just don't feel sexy enough to care. It also affects how confident I am in my job and that really bothers me! Because the better I present myself, often the better outcome I can acheive for my clients.

So here is to us getting back that sexy & confident feeling again. We just form our own club! The Sexy Girls!, LOL

Thanks for putting this idea out there. It is sooo true, but is not often talked about. I love this site and the forums!

-Tami
Old 01-06-2010, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

ME! I remember being excited at how I looked and felt and knowing it was exciting to my husband. I've only gained a little bit of weight, but it is appalling how my attitude toward myself has changed with two kids. It's like I get lost in the mommy persona, and my physical being and the health of my relationships with everyone else (especially my husband!) has to take a total backseat. I adore my children, but it is time for me to re-learn how to love myself, so I can give some of that to the rest of the people around me.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

I am! I want to be able to look in the mirror and feel beautiful and sexy.
To me sexiness is linked to confidence and right now im lacking confidence. My weight is keeping me from enjoying myself and it has brought my self esteem down a lot, but I will stick to this and make it a change in 2010!

Here we go girls lets get our sexy back!
Old 01-06-2010, 08:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Destinyschoice76
I am right there with both of you!! And I think you stated it very well.
I also miss feeling sexy and confident. I lost that along the way somewhere. I think it has come from alot of things, being overweight, becoming a mom, being married for 7 years and thus not flirting with or dating other guys.

I know it affects how I feel. I still feel attractive when I get dressed up for work and look professional. But I used to be so confident! I work alot with Dr's and other professionals. And it was fun to flirt and noticed them looking, etc. Now, I just don't feel sexy enough to care. It also affects how confident I am in my job and that really bothers me! Because the better I present myself, often the better outcome I can acheive for my clients.

So here is to us getting back that sexy & confident feeling again. We just form our own club! The Sexy Girls!, LOL

Thanks for putting this idea out there. It is sooo true, but is not often talked about. I love this site and the forums!

-Tami
The sexy girls...I Love it ! We should start a group Well today is day 3 on my diet and ya know what I'm already feeling sexier ha-ha! Being strong enough to stick to your diet and goals is VERY SEXY so here's to all us sexy girls! Watch out world were coming back
Old 01-06-2010, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kayleanicole
I feel the same way. FOr me it hasn't been years, its just been kids. I gained 60 lbs with my first and only lost 30 after, then gained 10 more. Now with my second I gained 40 lbs, losing only 20 after, which puts me at 162 lbs. It might not be alot for some, but my body type doesn't support that weight and isn't built for it. I lost my curves and my sexy too. The worst part is the extra weight makes me feel less sexy which in turn lowers my confidence, which in turn makes me even less sexy. My goal is to raise my self-esteem while I lower the weight. I just wish I could have the confidence back that I did, I think this is the larger turn off for my husband and myself than the weight is.
I know what you mean about husbands, my husband always reassures me that I'm still sexy, but unless you feel that way you don't feel confident right? Well, together we can all get back that sexy lovin feelin Thanks for being among the few, the brave,(no not the Marines ha-ha ) the Sexy girls. I think we found the perfect name for us! Be proud of the steps you're taking to feel more confident, after all pride is very sexy !
Old 01-06-2010, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JRamirez24
I am! I want to be able to look in the mirror and feel beautiful and sexy.
To me sexiness is linked to confidence and right now im lacking confidence. My weight is keeping me from enjoying myself and it has brought my self esteem down a lot, but I will stick to this and make it a change in 2010!

Here we go girls lets get our sexy back!
Amen! We can do this together! It's not too late for any of us to be Sexy again! Long live the sexy girls
Old 01-06-2010, 09:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by krstnabean
ME! I remember being excited at how I looked and felt and knowing it was exciting to my husband. I've only gained a little bit of weight, but it is appalling how my attitude toward myself has changed with two kids. It's like I get lost in the mommy persona, and my physical being and the health of my relationships with everyone else (especially my husband!) has to take a total backseat. I adore my children, but it is time for me to re-learn how to love myself, so I can give some of that to the rest of the people around me.
You absolutely right as women we lose ourselves to the mom and wife personna's and for the most part we enjoy those roles, but somewhere deep inside us is the women we were, the women that we love just as much as the wife and mom. Lets find our hidden self- the sexy, confident happy women we are...we are now a group! We are the sexy girls Long Live the Sexy Girls !
Old 01-07-2010, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Good Morning Sexy Friends :)

Good Morning ! Just getting home from work. Yes I work nights 7p- 7a which sometimes makes dieting all that much more fun. For example I had a totally stressfull shift so what do I do ? I come home and eat Don't worry I didn't completely sabotage my diet I finished off my omelet from last night's dinner. Today I'm joing the gym. After all exercising is totally sexy right? Of course it is! Do any of you work nights...any diet tips that work well for you? Lately I've been packing small snacks about 100 calories each? Do any of you eat out of frustration? Leaves me feeling pretty bad about myself when I do it... Well I'm just gonna remind myself that I didn't fail I just made a mistake and I will start over when I wake up this afternoon. I hope you all have a great day! Remember if we stick together and support each other we can do this!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.