Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 12-17-2012, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default New-comer!

Hello Everyone!

Over the last few days I've been reading the posts in this thread and I've found them very motivating. So many of you have been coming close to your goal and accomplishing them, and everyone is so supportive! I'd really like to join in this thread as well.

A little about myself: I've been using fitday on and off for a while, mostly to track nutrition goals but also to monitor weight changes. I have not been very faithful to the latter. I am thirty years old, and have been healthy weights during my adult life. I attribute this to my decision to go vegetarian and then vegan during my teenage years, which ultimately lead to me being very careful about food choices for health reasons later on. As a child I was on the larger side, but healthy and strong. As puberty approached I gained a lot of weight and I continued to struggle with it until I was about 17. Since I was about 18, I've consistently been about 15-20 pounds lighter than I was at the age of 12 if that provides any sort of insight.

I'd really like to lose ten pounds. Over the last few years I keep creeping back up around 125, which although is deemed a healthy weight for 5'4, seems a little large on my frame. I've always been more comfortable, lean, and energetic around 110. I've managed to lose a few pounds in the last couple weeks (120.8 this morning!), but I feel I could use the extra support with holiday dinners approaching and my desire to stop yo-yo-ing after so many years. I definitely noticed it being harder to lose weight as I was approaching thirty, and now that I'm here, I'd like to be fairly steady in weight because I don't think weight loss will get any easier as time goes on! That being said, I have absolutely admired the motivation and progress I've seen in the posts here by women of many ages, and I know it can be done at any time!

Keep up with your hard work!
-Beebee
Old 12-18-2012, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Beebee!

If you've read my stuff, you'll see that I seem to be enjoying (a little too much) being soooo close but not quite at the goal. It shows me that I know what to do, and how to do it, just looking for that little push to get me there! I find that I use my busy lifestyle and that of my 2 active boys, as a lame excuse for not exercising. So I eat pretty well, but am missing the prize because I'm just not committing 100% effort.

Look at that. I have the answers, I just need to DO IT now don't I !!!!!!!!! :-)
Old 12-18-2012, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jonjaxmom
Welcome, Beebee!

If you've read my stuff, you'll see that I seem to be enjoying (a little too much) being soooo close but not quite at the goal. It shows me that I know what to do, and how to do it, just looking for that little push to get me there! I find that I use my busy lifestyle and that of my 2 active boys, as a lame excuse for not exercising. So I eat pretty well, but am missing the prize because I'm just not committing 100% effort.

Look at that. I have the answers, I just need to DO IT now don't I !!!!!!!!! :-)
Thanks for the welcome, Chris! I have read through your posts, but I'm still getting some names mixed up- hopefully I'll get everyone straight soon. You're not only busy, but also are/were dealing with some blood sugar issues as well if I'm remembering correctly? I do not have children, and I know that I do have time to exercise regularly, but I DON'T and I hardly even bothered making an excuse for why. I also know what I need to do, but I just need to start and that's where the challenge is. It seems so silly when I write it down!

What have you tried in the past for beginning exercise? I tend to go overboard, burn out, then stop. I'm thinking of maybe setting a small goal of even just ten minutes of strenuous activity each morning to start. My hope is that I can at least build the habit of daily exercise first, and then start to lengthen the time I spend doing it. Have you tried anything like that? If so, how did it go?

To doing what we know we should do!
-Beebee
Old 12-18-2012, 07:46 PM
FitDay Member

Yes the idea is good and need to implement.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Whatever you can find time to do, is the best. I didnt stick to one particular thing, it all depended on where I was, that decided it for me. I say to start, walk walk walk as much as possible. when my boys have outdoor soccer practices, sometimes I walk or try and run/walk intermittent while practice is going on. One of them would practice with a walking track looping around his field. Kinda hard not to take advantage of that! The other boy's practice was at a high school, where there is a football field and bleachers. Sometimes, I would rollerblade around the football field, or climb up and down the bleacher steps until I couldnt stand it any more. And yes, some days I just sat there in my lawnchair, soaking up the sun with the ladies!! In the summer I love to bikeride so I would take my then 10 yr old and ride a nice 7 mile loop with him. I've got a kettlebell DVD, so sometimes I do that (which is a killer workout, by the way!) Or, on the rare occasions that nothing is going on, I try to make it to my local gym after the kids are in bed to do elliptical and rowing, and a couple machines. I am on a ladies volleyball team, so in the winter I can count on 1 hr a week of workout this way too.

I like your idea of a small goal. 20 minutes of walking after dinner every other night for a week. See if you kept to it. If the weather wont cooperate, go to a mall, and do laps there. Next week, set it a little higher, and go from there.

For me, just moving around in some capacity works. I change it up all the time so it never gets boring. But because it isnt a routine, it is easy for me to blow it off, there is no accountability in doing whatever you can do, whenever you can do it - - its too easy to let life get in the way. Which is why I am still a few pounds STILL away from my goal! LOL
Old 12-19-2012, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Chris- It's so great how you found a way to incorporate exercise with your children's activities. It sounds like you're doing all the right things. Those pesky two pounds will come off eventually! I appreciate all of your ideas. Seeing as its cold, dark, and icy pretty early in my area, I think I'll switch out the after dinner walk for an after dinner hula hooping... time to retrieve it from the corner and dust it off!

Also, would anyone mind telling me how to create a signature?

Wishing the strength to make good choices to everyone,
Beebee
Old 12-21-2012, 08:54 AM
Banned

I had a lil wt gain since the last 2wks I've checked in ..but it
wasn't bad considering no exercise and kinda didn't watch what I ate.
136.8 today!!!

Welcome BeeBee, I'm sure you'll find what works for you...drink plenty
of water...it does wonder for wt LOSS

Hope- I hope you're feeling much better and recover WELL

Chris- no wt gain...you're awesome...u seem to always master that

Pam- that's a great way to look at a biz trip...because my thought would
be eat what I want..its on the company dime

This is the last weight before the HOLIDAYS I'm still gonna enjoy
myself to a certain extent

Happy Holidays....Be Safe Ladies!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Happy new year everyone, all my FitDay buddies!!!!!

Havent been online very much in last 1-2 weeks; I've been enjoying the holidays, the snow and my family. But everyone is back to school and work, so it is time for me to jump back in and hold myself accountable. I will be weighing in tomorrow. I suspect there is a bit of a gain, I didnt go crazy, but I certainly didnt calorie count, either! So tomorrow I will post again, to let you all know how I've been doing the last couple of weeks.

Beebee, good luck, let us know how you are doing with all of these changes!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Everyone and happy New Year! hope 2013 brings the best of health, wealth, happiness, success and desired weight for everyone, lol
anyway, i'm new to this thread but a regular fitday member, lost 35 lbs with fitday in 2010 but somehow i kinda belong to this group again, wanting to lose more like 5 to 10 lbs. the journey is more fun when you have a good group of people accompanying you, and i'm turning to you all. i enjoy reading your posts but usually do not post a reply, maybe that's something i need to work on in 2013.
cheers
Old 01-03-2013, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Guys Happy New Year!!! May it be a happy healthy one for all!!

Just checking in, I hope to catch up with the posts!!! So my weight has been fluctuating from my very lowest for one day only (131) to 134. I am now at 132 and hoping to be at 130 (or lower) by the end of this month. Went to the gym for the first time in a long time, so in a day or two we'll see how that went.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.